The 12 Best Norfolk Beach Hotels
With Norfolk's beautiful coastline being its greatest attribute, booking a hotel with a sea view should be top of your agenda! Our hotel experts have scanned the length and breadth of the coast to bring you a collection of the best Norfolk beach hotels. From boutique stays perfect for couples, to family-friendly affairs there are plenty to choose from. So why not browse through our selection of Norfolk beach hotels to start planning your next trip?
- The Blakeney is a traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's harbour. Country styled rooms are spacious and the best have sea views. With an abundance of in-house facilities (including an indoor pool) and plenty of activities nearby, this is the perfect choice for a family break.
- Briarfields is a character hotel boasting an enviable location overlooking Titchwell marshes. A family and pet friendly hotel which has a very popular restaurant. Great value for money, a true hidden gem!
For a pub stay
- The Lifeboat Inn is a charming rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. While the pub itself is buzzy and serves excellent food.
- The Chequers Inn is set in a 16th-century building located in the village of Thornham. Combining original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Best yet, the restaurant is award-winning.
- The Ship Hotel is a charming village pub ideally located to explore the north-west of Norfolk. Traditional rooms have a fresh contemporary feel while the bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare. Perfect for a traditional stay.
- The Globe Inn is a chic property boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Rooms are contemporary and light; downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too.
For the walks
- The Crown Hotel is a delightful hotel and bar in the coastal town of Wells next the Sea. Rooms are elegant with sash windows and antiques; a traditional restaurant uses local produce to great effect and there's a buzzing bar too. Just minutes from the coastal path, this is an ideal base for walking enthusiasts.
- The Victoria Inn is a comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away, this is a perfect spot to start long beach walks.
For a romantic getaway
- The Grove is a family run hotel that's been passed down through three generations. Boasting a secluded setting within mature gardens, an indoor pool and massage hut this is a place to come and unwind. With an exemplary British restaurant, this is a great choice for a romantic break.
For a boutique
- Titchwell Manor offers designer rooms with traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash windows - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine is served in a lovely conservatory. A wonderful rural abode.
For the restaurant
- Morston Hall is a country house hotel with traditional interiors. Pick this property for the restaurant which holds one Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk or our recommendations for the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast.
- Browse through our collection of hotels with hot tubs in Norfolk or Norfolk's most romantic hotels or the best country house hotels in Norfolk or hotels with sea views in Norfolk of the best bed and breakfasts in Norfolk.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Blakeney Hotel Blakeney, Norfolk 64 rooms from £228Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Spacious country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows & many with sea views. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families. See More
The Lifeboat Inn Thornham, Norfolk 13 rooms from £105Country Escape - The ideal rural escape: fire lit lounges, cosy bedrooms, coastal walks and fabulous food.Sights nearby - Visit the houses, gardens and museums of grand stately homes such as Sandringham Estate and Holkham Hall.Birdwatching - North Norfolk is the UK's birdwatching capital and just over a mile from Thornham is RSPB Titchwell.Great walks - Discover the coastline, forests, parks and gardens of Norfolk.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. Downstairs find a warm fire lit lounge, buzzing bar and exemplary restaurant. See More
The Chequers Inn Hunstanton, Norfolk 11 rooms from £108Local exploring - Explore historic Thornham and head off hiking around the areaFoodies - Enjoy absolutely divine dishes from the restaurantGreat walks - Thornham is situated in the midst of the beautiful Holme Dunes National Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning Sandringham House Museum & Grounds, 15 km awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Set in a 16th-century building, The Chequers Inn is located in the village of Thornham. Combines original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature. Features a one Rosette restaurant! A charming stay. See More
The Grove Norfolk 19 rooms from £120Local exploring - Perfecty located to explore the best of Norfolk's sites.Great walks - Take long walks along the beautiful coastline.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A family run hotel that's been passed down through three generations. Boasting a secluded setting within mature gardens, an indoor pool and massage hut this is a place to come and unwind. As suitable for children as is for a romantic weekend away. It has a fantastic British restaurant too. See More
The Ship Hotel North Norfolk 9 rooms from £90Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring north-west Norfolk's stately homes and picturesque coastline.Birdwatching - Just down the road is the RSPB Titchwell Marsh home to numerous migratory birds.Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon visiting the nearby Holkham Hall and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Take long walks along the secenic coastline.
A charming village pub ideally located to explore this north-western part of Norfolk. The rooms, following a refurbishment, have a fresh feel with soft hues, well placed pieces of art, crisp white linen and beamed ceilings. The bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare. See More
The Crown Hotel Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 17 rooms from £100Local exploring - Located in a lively beachside town ideally placed for accessing Norfolk's coastline and main sites.Sights nearby - The county is host to a number of stately homes including Sandringham Estate, Sheringham Park and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Embark on long walks along some of the 43 miles of coastline Norfolk has to offer.Sailing - Take a seal spotting trip to Blakeney Harbour.
Briarfields Brancaster, Norfolk 22 rooms from £110Back to Nature - Overlooking the Titchwell salt marshes there is an abundance of bird and wildlifeGreat walks - The The Coastal Walk stretches from Hunstanton to CromerSailing - Beans Boats Trips offers seal and porpoise spottingSights nearby - The royal Sandringham Estate is well worth a visit
Titchwell Manor Brancaster, Norfolk 27 rooms from £145Private Hot Tub - There are two rooms whose private patios offer a luxurious wooden outdoor hot tub.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode. See More
The Globe Inn WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA, Norfolk 7 rooms from £140Country Escape - Discover the sandy beaches, beautiful walking country of Norfolk and come back to superb hearty food.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails in and around Wells.TraditionalBoutiqueRecommended by - Sawdays
A chic inn boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with brightly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and modern bathrooms. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too. See More
Victoria Inn Holkham, Norfolk 20 rooms from £165Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant. See More
Morston Hall Morston, Norfolk 13 rooms from £320Foodies - Morston Hall's restaurant holds a Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes!Cooking classes - Half day cookery demonstrations and three day residential courses available.Sights nearby - Close to plenty of East Anglia's stately homes.Great walks - Walk the coastal path