9 of NoMad’s Best Hotels, New York
NoMad may not be as familiar sounding as Greenwich Village, SoHo or the Meatpacking District but it is one of New York's hottest addresses. Located above Madison Square Park, between East 25th, East 30th and Sixth Avenue and Lexington — it is close to Flatiron and Madison Avenue. Among local NoMad landmarks are the New York Life Building, the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, the restaurant Delmonico’s, the New York Comedy Club, the Museum of Sex and a host of great weekend flea markets. Nomad's best hotels, like the area itself, tend to be hip and stylish. Our hotel experts have compiled a collection of their favourite hotels in the area based on their design, amenities, and service. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next break?
For a contemporary stay
- Arlo Nomad is a slick modern hotel set in the heart of the NoMad district. Craftily designed rooms use limited space well with expansive floor-to-ceiling windows and smart wood furniture. The restaurant Lamalo serves Middle Eastern cuisine and has quickly become one of NoMad’s newest hidden gems.
For a boutique
- Hotel Giraffe is a luxurious boutique hotel with outstanding service. Rooms are understated and elegant with chocolate leather headboards and pearlized platinum walls. Complimentary wine and cheese every evening has a convivial feel. A hotel with sophistication and urban style.
For a hip hotel
- MADE Hotel is super cool; from its leafy coffee shop/cocktail bar lobby to its reclaimed walnut floors, brushed concrete walls, and rooftop bar and terrace with show-stopping views of New York and superb food. A very hip choice.
- The Ace Hotel is an eclectic but carefully curated hotel with rooms styled with contemporary and vintage pieces, modern bathrooms and two excellent restaurants. There’s also a cool bar, a gym and an art gallery in the hotel. A property with a youthful feel.
- Nomad is a stylish, hip and arty hotel, set in a great location close to Madison Park, just five blocks from the Empire State Building. Boasting chic rooms, great views, a lively bar, a refined restaurant and a two-story library with plenty of art by local artists. An undeniably trendy stay.
- HGU New York is a mindfully designed and eco-conscious hotel in the NoMad district. Luxurious rooms and suites feature chic modern art collections, custom Turkish patchwork rugs and white-tiled bathrooms. Complete with a rooftop bar and a bistro, this is a good choice for the young and trendy.
For the views
- Stylish and recently renovated, The Roger is contemporary, elegant and in a great spot on Madison Avenue offering views of the Empire State Building from the best of its luxe rooms and suites — some even have a private balcony or terrace. The lobby doubles as a bar and bistro offering a relaxed vibe and excellent cocktails.
- Evelyn Hotel is a surprisingly affordable art-deco hotel. Stylish and sophisticated rooms have vintage touches and antique furnishings. Benno, the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, offers a memorable fine-dining experience featuring coastal Mediterranean cuisine. Complete with a renowned cocktail bar — this is an alluring choice.
- The Marmara Park Avenue is an elegant collection of 128 rooms and suites — the suites, with hardwood floors and high ceilings, all have kitchenettes making them a good option for families. The bathrooms are marble, the details beautiful and the lobby is quite magnificent.
Still not sure where to book?
- Try expanding your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York or our Guru’s recommendations for Manhattan's Best Hotels.
- Or you could try our Guru's recommendations for the Best Midtown Manhattan Hotels, the Best Uptown Manhattan Hotels, the Best Hotels for 5th Avenue or Times Square’s Best Hotels.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
MADE Hotel New York (NY) 108 rooms from £195Local exploring - Located in the famed NoMad area with plenty to explore, and views of the Empire State Building from it's terrace barCity Style - A hip and happening hotel with uber cool interiors (and an excess of plantlife) that draws a young creative crowdSights nearby - The Empire State Building is literally a stone's throw away, and so are many other imporatant NY sightsGreat walks - Wander down to Madison Square Park and explore this stunning stretch of greeneryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A cool and collected hotel in the hip NoMad area of New York. The atmosphere is young and vibrant, from its leafy coffee shop/cocktail bar lobby to the reclaimed walnut floors and exposed concrete bedrooms. The rooftop bar and terrace offer show-stopping views and the food is by chef Greg Proechel. See More
Ace Hotel, New York New York (Manhattan) 258 rooms from £202City Style - Eclectic hotel with vintage and retro pieces is in very central Manhattan, and with extremely knowledgable staffLocal markets - In neighbouring boroughs Brooklyn and Queens; hotel can adviseSights nearby - Empire State Building, Times Square, Madison AvenueGreat walks - Up to Madison Square Park and Central ParkRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith
Eclectic designer hotel in central Manhattan. Rooms are filled with contemporary and vintage pieces, modern bathrooms and quirky extras. Sublime food in both restaurants, very cool bar. Gym, art gallery and shop inside hotel. Excellent, friendly service, in this great city hotel. See More
NoMad New York State 168 rooms from £324Sights nearby - Empire State Building - Travel five blocks north and 102 floors up, and you’ll be at the top of the Empire State Building.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
This broadway and art boutique offers a lively bar and a two-storied library. Notably large, contemporary rooms house local artist works and show off with spectacular city views. Refined dining complimented by a renowned wine list. Very close to Madison Park, offering local exploring with ease. See More
The Roger New York 194 rooms from £159Foodies - On the edge of Madison Square Park and the Flatiron District, which feature plenty of high-end restaurants and stylish bars.Local exploring - A little off the beaten track but well connected to the major tourist sites and buzzing with local offerings.Views - Some rooms with terraces have breath-taking views across Manhattan.City Style - A landmark location on Manhattan's Madison Avenue.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Stylish, recently renovated hotel with contemporary and elegant designer furnishings & a fantastic location on Madison Ave. Many rooms have stunning views of the Empire State Building and private furnished terraces. Colourful, bright, and buzzy this hotel is perfect for a cool city break. See More
Evelyn Hotel New York 160 rooms from £105Foodies - Benno, the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, offers a distinct fine-dining experience featuring coastal Mediterranean cuisineLocal exploring - From uptown to downtown, east side to west, The Evelyn Hotel is situated conveniently to all of Manhattan's destinationsValue chic - Really affordable prices, especially for this area of ManhattanRestaurant - Three dining options with a casual Roman-inspired bakery, café and trattoria, as well as, a fine-dining Mediterranean restaurant
An affordable art-deco hotel set just north of Madison Square Garden in trendy NoMad. Stylish and sophisticated rooms have vintage touches, antique furnishings and marble bathrooms with heated floors. Michelin starred Benno restaurant is unmissable and there's Leonelli's for a cocktail or two. See More
HGU New York New York 90 rooms from £82Local exploring - Situated in the heart of NoMad - perfect for discovering trendy restaurants, landmark sites and moreSights nearby - Explore Central Park with the Zoo, Rumsey Playfield, Delacorte Theatre and John Lennon’s iconic memorial at Strawberry FieldsRestaurant - Ground floor stylish restaurant serving lunch and dinner from a simple bistro-style menuGreat walks - Take a trip to the High Line and see art installations
A mindfully designed and eco-conscious hotel in the NoMad district of New York. Luxurious rooms and suites feature chic modern art collections, custom Turkish patchwork rugs and white-tiled bathrooms. Sip on artisan cocktails on the terrace and eat at the delicious bistro. A hip base. See More
The Marmara Park Avenue New York State 128 rooms from £234Local exploring - Ideal for sightseeing – just 7 minutes’ walk from the Empire State BuildingCity Style - Magnificent hotel with all the sophistication you'd expect in New YorkFamilies - Rooms with kitchenettes are perfect for familiesWeddings - Chic and elegant venue for weddingsRecommended by - Tablet
Supremely elegant 5* boasting magnificent Art Deco entrance and lobby. Expect luxurious fabrics - velvets, leather and silks - high ceilings, hardwood floors and marble bathrooms. Find complimentary iPads in all rooms and the suites with kitchenettes are perfect for families or long stays. See More
Hotel Giraffe New York 72 rooms from £196Roof terrace - Rooftop restaurant.Sights nearby - The Empire State Building is only eight blocks away, and commands views of the whole of New York.Great walks - Explore this hip area on foot, there is no better way to take in the sights!Full of character
Luxurious boutique hotel with outstanding service. Rooms in neutral tones ooze understated elegance - chocolate leather headboards and pearlized platinum walls. Complimentary breakfasts and complimentary wine and cheese every evening except Sunday. A hotel with sophistication and urban style. See More
Arlo Nomad New York 248 rooms from £132Local exploring - Situated in the neighborhood North of Madison Square Park, convenient to Madison Avenue, Murray Hill and Midtown EastFoodies - Discover a wide range of dyanmic and innovative eateries and restaurants in NoMad, with every cuisine imaginableBusiness meetings - Arlo NoMad provides an easy and well positioned base for business and leisure travellers alikeSights nearby - The Empire State Building is just two blocks north; Penn Station, Madison Square Garden and Korea Town are three blocks westRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A slick modern hotel set in the heart of the up and coming NoMad district. Craftily designed rooms use limited space well with expansive floor-to-ceiling windows and smart wood furniture. The restaurant Lamalo serves Middle Eastern cuisine and has quickly become one of NoMad’s newest hidden gems. See More