Search the best hotels in Seville
Andalucía’s fabulous capital, Seville is a gorgeous historic city with a well-deserved reputation for flamboyant Moorish architecture, a buzzy foodie scene and stacks of culture. It’s a hugely popular destination for a weekend break, with a vast array of appealing hotels, B&Bs and villas available for rent. Set within the city’s most intriguing neighbourhoods, our pick of the best places to stay in Seville offers something superb for everyone.
The heart of the city — Centro Seville — is home to pedestrianised streets, chic boutiques and the enormous Seville Cathedral. It’s a lovely base for those eager to have heritage landmarks right on their doorstep, and easy access to the surrounding districts. We’re particular fans of Santa Cruz, Seville’s beautiful medieval Jewish quarter, which is characterised by labyrinthine alleyways surrounding a small plaza. Colourful ceramic tiles, windows bedecked with geraniums and a laid-back vibe make this a very appealing neighbourhood. Hip and historic Alfalfa, just next door, is known for its lively tapas bars as is the Alameda, a top spot for buzzy evenings out.
Discover Seville's countless historic sites, museums and architectural gems on foot, with guided walking tours or meandering sunlit strolls. You’ll find no shortage of cafés and bars for refreshing pauses in the shade, or for tucking in to delicious southern Spanish specialities. Don’t miss delving into Andalucía’s rich maritime past around The Arenal, where sailors once set off for the New World. Now a hub of bars and flamenco, the old shipyards have been respectfully restored.
Whilst summers in Seville can be very hot, spring and autumn are lovely. The week-long Feria de Abril and the Semana Santa celebrations are particularly popular; rooms at the best places to stay in Seville fill up fast during this time!
The Best Places to Stay in Seville
For Boutique Chic
- Corral del Rey is a gorgeous boutique hotel with a terrific roof terrace featuring a cooling plunge pool. Set in Barrio Alfalfa, this 17-room boutique bolthole sits within a lovingly restored heritage building. Rooms are individually decorated, with limestone bathrooms and rain showers. Sip wine and sample tapas as the sun sets over the rooftops. Divine.
- Mercer Sevilla is a hip boutique pad just west of the city centre. Design fans will adore the 12 minimalist, modern rooms and the elegant simplicity of the restored building. The rooftop pool and trendy bar are highlights. For well-heeled travellers.
- Hotel Elvira Plaza has nine chic rooms with large windows revealing a cobbled tree-lined street in the pedestrianised part of historic Seville. The two restaurants serve great regional cuisine, and elegant rooms are done in fresh cream and white tones, with crisp linens and rusitc wooden headboards. Lovely.
- Alcoba Del Rey is a romantic's dream, with antique-filled rooms featuring chequered floors, whitewashed walls and, in some cases, big spa tubs. The rooftop terrace with hot tub is ideal for unwinding. A real heritage gem.
- Hotel Sacristía de Santa Ana has opulent interiors, perfect for history buffs. Unwind in rooms with beamed ceilings, city views and gilded furnishings, or kick back in the cloistered courtyard. An elegant hideaway in a restored convent, with delicious Spanish buffet breakfasts. Very tranquil.
- EME Catedral Hotel is a gorgeous property with swish, sophisticated rooms and suites. Expect wonderful views of the nearby cathedral from the chic rooftop La Terraza del EME, and two terrific restaurants: Al Lado and Mi Arma. Brilliant for food-focused luxury.
- The Corner House is a simple hotel in the centre of town. The big draw — in addition to the reasonable pricing — is the Michelin-recommended Mediterranean restaurant and tapas bar, El Disparate. One for keen foodies looking for a modern, unfussy stay.
For Families and Friends
- Palacio Bucarelli dates back to the late 17th Century and is now a charming little hotel with individually designed suites and apartments, some with space for up to six guests — lovely for families or couples travelling together. The romantic terrace has a private pool, perfect for hiding away in absolute calm.
- Hotel Doña Maria is a traditionally decorated townhouse with a rooftop pool and views of Seville Cathedral. The 62 rooms and suites have heritage features aplenty, and the largest have space for families. Well-located for a trip with little ones, this is a classic Seville choice for families.
- Petit Palace Marqués Santa Ana is a modern hotel with flexible accommodation for families. Little ones will love the bunk beds, whilst grown-up travellers can retreat to private terraces to soak up the sunshine. A central spot just a few streets from Seville Cathedral.
For Music Lovers
- Hotel Amadeus is exquisite. The hotel's 14 rooms are inspired by classic music and many house antique instruments. With soundproof rehearsal rooms and regular concerts, this is an elegant music lover's paradise.
- Hotel Alfonso XIII was once deemed to be the most luxurious hotel in all of Spain. Commissioned by King Alfonso XIII for visitors to the Spanish Royal Expo in 1929, it has become a city landmark, with sumptuous rooms and suites, fantastic cuisine and a refreshing outdoor pool. Exceptional.
- Casa 1800 is another tremendously indulgent hotel with chandeliers, four-poster beds and beds with gilded headboards set against exposed brick walls. In the vibrant heart of town, with a rooftop terrace and swimming pool, it's a wonderful luxury property.
- Las Casas de la Juderia is a very unusual collection of 27 interconnected townhouses, boasting 134 rooms and 40 patios and courtyards, in Seville's fascinating Jewish quarter, Santa Cruz. Pick this place for the sense of heritage luxury and the chance to step back in time to a world of rich textiles, glittering chandeliers and family portraits. The spa is a nice touch, too! Brilliant.
- Palacio de Villapanés, built in 1729 by the famed Admiral López-Pintado, has been transformed into a sophisticated hotel. Fusing Moorish and contemporary influences, it's a world of spectacular terraces, chic guest rooms and a soothing spa. The Los Rincones del Marqués restaurant is superb.
- Casas del Rey de Baeza was once an 18th-century farm. It's now a magical hotel with swish, minimalist rooms and suites, a swimming pool and small spa. Slightly east of the city centre, ideal for those looking to unwind in style.
For Great Value
- Hotel Casa Imperial is housed in a 16th-century Moorish mansion. Some rooms have private courtyards and terraces, and the intimate restaurant is gorgeous. A very reasonably priced base with stacks of character.
- La Casa del Maestro, once the home of Spanish guitar maestro Niño Ricardo, is now run as a welcoming 11-bedroom hotel by his family. It is simply decorated with wrought iron bedsteads, colourful wall hangings and attractive tiled floors. A warm, great value choice for a Seville break.
- U-Sense Sevilla Centro is a well-priced urban hotel in a great location. Well-suited to business or leisure trips, the hotel has modern rooms — some with balconies — on a quiet pedestrianised street close to the cathedral. A practical choice.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Seville (San Pablo) Airport, 10 kilometres outside the city, and hop aboard a bus or catch a taxi to the city centre. Some hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance. Alternatively, you can arrive in Seville by train; Santa Juta is Spain's third-busiest station.
- Andalucía is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car. You won't need one if you plan to explore within the city, but rural Andalucía is beautiful and best navigated with the flexibility of your own transport.
- Seville has a lovely subtropical Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters. Expect very hot summers, with temperatures ranging from 28°C - 35°C between June and August. For fewer crowds and slightly cooler climes, we'd suggest travelling in April - May or September - October.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Consider the best boutique hotels in Seville or Seville hotels with pools.
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Córdoba.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Andalucía.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Seville
Best Hotels in Seville
The Corner House, Seville Seville 12 rooms from AU$143Local exploring - Located in the heart of the city, an ideal base for exploring.Great walks - Stroll through the historic and pedestrianised Santa Cruz area, Seville's old Jewish quarter.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Gothic cathedral (the third largest church in the world).Restaurant - Restaurant/tapas bar Il Disparate is Michelin recommended
A beautifully renovated house in the heart of historic Seville. Each room is individually styled with white washed walls set against vibrant patterns and simple minimalist furniture. With gastronomy at the heart of the hotel the two restaurants are innovative and exciting. See More
La Casa del Maestro Seville 12 rooms from AU$178Local exploring - This warm family run hotel is an ideal launch pad for exploring Seville like a local with insider tips and helpful guidance.Value chic - Central location, stylish rooms, spectacular chilled out roof terrace and authentic Seville vibes- at a reasonable price.Great walks - Explore the old Jewish quarter, Barrio de Santa Cruz, a treasure trove of winding narrow lanes and hidden jems.Sights nearby - The stunning La Casa de Pilatos palace is literally just around the corner, must see.Recommended by - I Escape, Michelin Travel
19th Century family-run boutique, in the traditional district of Santa Catalina. Former home to one of Spain’s great flamenco guitar players. Andalusian style and charm make up the B&B, where bedrooms are vibrant with colour, have their own patio and the roof terrace boasts stunning views. See More
Hotel Casa Imperial Seville 26 rooms from AU$194Value chic - Amazing value in the heart of SevilleSights nearby - Visit The AlcázarGreat walks - Maria Luisa ParkLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - Frommers
Alcoba del Rey Seville 16 rooms from AU$196City StyleRestaurant - Serves tapas and regional dishes from Seville and AndaluciaSights nearby - Cathedral, Sea Museum, Torre del Oro.Private Hot Tub - With the Special Junior suite
Hotel Sacristía de Santa Ana Seville 23 rooms from AU$196City Style - This meticulously restored convent oozes elegance; from the parquet floors, to the frescoed ceilings and the wooden shutters.Local exploring - Explore like a local, immerse yourself in the young trendy scene surrounding this area and fall in love with Seville.Sights nearby - La Giralda, one of the world's largest cathedrals and Torre de Oro, the golden tower are both under twenty minutes walk.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers
An 18th Century Sacristy now a stylish boutique in the heart of Seville's historical quarter. Effortlessly elegant rooms, featuring painted wood head boards and chic shutters, face out to a cloistered courtyard. The perfect quiet hideaway location in the lively central area of Old Town, Seville. See More
Las Casas de la Juderia Seville 134 rooms from AU$222Spa breaks - Las Termas de Hispalis specialises in aesthetic and health treatments and is designed to transport you back to Ancient RomeLocal exploring - Explore the narrow, cobbled alleys and streets of Barrio Santa Cruz on foot.Great walks - Take a stroll in Seville’s primary public park, the Parque de María Luisa stretches along the Guadalquivir River.Spa - Including Turkish baths, Roman therma, flotariums, wide ranging massage and therapy menuRecommended by - Frommers
A romantic rabbit warren style Andalusian hotel in the old Jewish quarter. Made up of 27 interconnected historic townhouses, this unique hotel oozes character and charm. The rooms maintain their original quaint nuances, with antique furnishings, wooden beams and large French windows. A rare gem. See More
Petit Palace Marques Santa Ana Seville 57 rooms from AU$243Local exploring - Perfectly positioned in the heart of Seville with many of its attractions within walking distance.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent Seville Cathedral.
A smart hotel, set in a small palace dating back to the 19th century, in the heart of the city. Simply styled rooms feature polished wooden floors, crisp white linen and large floor to ceiling windows. Located just steps from the cathedral this is the ideal spot to explore the historic city from. See More
Hotel Amadeus & La Musica Seville 42 rooms from AU$256Value chic - A trendy property in the heart of Seville’s ancient Barrio Santa Cruz, with incredibly reasonable rates.Sights nearby - Located within walking distance of the Moorish Jardines de Murillo.Full of characterBoutiqueRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Frommers
Small family-owned hotel in the heart of Seville with a flare for music. Full of character, with panoramic views from the roof terrace. Lovingly decorated with white washed walls, wooden shutters and moorish furnishings. Regular evening music recitals. An elegant yet homely stay. See More
Palacio Bucarelli Seville (Old town) 15 rooms from AU$259Local exploring - With the city's main attractions close by, book this hotel as a base for your local exploring in and around SevilleRomantic Break - With modern apartments, a stylish patio and outdoor pool, book this hotel for a romantic city breakCity Style - Set in a heritage palace in the old quarter of Seville, this hotel has lots of local city charmSights nearby - Visit the Torre de Don Fadrique, an example of early Gothic architecture; the tower was commissioned by the son of Fernando III
U-Sense Sevilla Centro Seville 11 rooms from AU$277Local exploring - A contemporary, reasonably priced, hotel in central Seville.Sights nearby - Just 50 metres from the Cathedral and La Giralda.
Hotel Doña María Seville 62 rooms from AU$277Sights nearby - A five minute walk from Alcázar of Seville, a stunning architectural masterpiece originally developed by Moorish Muslim kings.Great walks - Maria Luisa Park running along the Guadalquivir River, is a charming green stretch for walking.Swimming Pool - Rooftop pool with bar & views.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers
Hotel Elvira Plaza Seville (Sevilla) 9 rooms from AU$292Local exploring - Well located on a central plaza and within walking distance of many attractions, bars and restaurants.Sights nearby - Walking distance from the world's third largest cathedral in Giralda district.Sailing - For great city views take a cruise up the river.Great walks - Wander through the quaint cobbled streets.Recommended by - I Escape
A charming boutique hotel well-positioned in a pedestrianised area of Seville. Oh-so chic rooms with white-washed walls, crisp linens and rustic wooden headboards. Large windows open onto the tree lined street below. Regional cuisine served in the two restaurants. Comes highly recommended. See More
EME Catedral Mercer Seville 59 rooms from AU$342Local exploring - A superb central location right by the cathedral mean that you are ideally placed for sightseeinngRoof terrace - A fabulous rooftop area with bar and pool which is buzzing with hotel guests and local residentsViews - Outstanding views of the cathedral from the roof top terrace and from the rooms.City Style - Seriously chic interiors and a fun vibe make this a very stylish city stayRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Corral del Rey Seville 13 rooms from AU$456Great walks - Take part in the Jewish Heritage Tour with Moises Hassan.Sights nearby - The Alcazar, the cathedralSwimming Pool - Rooftop plunge pool.Full of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Las Casas del Rey de Baeza Seville 41 rooms from AU$482Foodies - They offer an Iberian Ham Tasting as well as an extensive range of mouthwatering Tapas, either poolside or in the courtyard.Romantic Break - Elegant suites overlooking the charming terrocaota filled courtyards, and romantic meals for two under the stars.Sights nearby - The nearby Alcazar palace is well worth checking out as a sublime example of Moorish architecture.Swimming Pool - Rooftop plunge pool.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers
Sophisticated, chic boutique hotel in 18th Century building centralised around beautiful Andalusian courtyards. Elegant, minimalist rooms with access to a rooftop plunge pool and small spa. Enjoy the local, but modern, Andalusian cuisine at the restaurant. Only Ten minutes walk to the centre. See More
Palacio de Villapanés Seville 50 rooms from AU$522Sit-out Terrace - Beautiful elegant terraces.Lively area - In the thick of the action.City StyleSwimming Pool - Lovely Rooftop PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Mercer Sevilla Seville 12 rooms from AU$616Sights nearby - Be sure to visit La Giralda and Sevilla Cathedral, as well as the Archivo de IndiasGreat walks - Wander around this beautifully historic city and take in its unique atmosphereRestaurant - Recommended.BoutiqueRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Mercer Sevilla enjoys a wonderfully central location - just a short distance from the city's sights. Architecturally stunning with elegant interiors and open, well-lit common spaces, this spot offers guests chic boutique accommodation. Be sure to relax by the stunning rooftop pool! Simply superb. See More
Hotel Casa 1800 Sevilla Seville (Sevilla) 33 rooms from AU$619City Style - A grown up and suave hotel on the cobbled lanes of Santa Cruz — with gilt chandeliers, parquet floors and velvet drapesLocal exploring - In the heart of the city close by to monuments, museums and cultural activities. Easy access to public transport as wellTotal relaxation - A very laid back atmosphere with a rooftop terrace and pool offering splendid views of the city and its grand monumentsLocal markets - Located in Santa Cruz, a few steps from the shopping areaRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Located in a lively district of Seville, a good choice if you want to explore the culturally vibrant city. Rooms around the inner courtyard are elegant with exposed stone walls, four poster beds and opulent chandeliers. This luxury hotel also offers a rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and views. See More
Hotel Alfonso XIII Seville 148 rooms from AU$1012Weddings - The beautiful interiors and first-class facilities make this hotel an idyllic wedding location; enquire directy for packagesRomantic Break - With opulent suites, stately grounds and a romantic restaurant, book this hotel for an indulgent couples' getawayCity Style - Located in a custom-designed hotel commissioned by Spanish royalty, this hotel oozes elegant Sevillan charmGreat walks - Explore the picturesque streets of the city on foot, with a walk through the historic quarter of Santa Cruz
This five-star hotel is located in the historic Santa Cruz quarter of Seville. Commissioned by King Alfonso XIII, the property seamlessly blends Moorish and European influences. The hotel's contemporary, luxury suites draw on this inspiration, with intricate arabesque arches and geometric tiles. See More