- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels on Lake Garda for Walking Holidays
As diverse as it is spectacular, Lake Garda is a dream destination for a walking holiday. There are walking trails for all levels, from leisurely lakeside strolls to a full-on assault of the 2220m of Mount Baldo. There are plenty of hotels with great access to walking routes, but our Guru’s recommendation for the best hotels on Lake Garda for walking holidays all have more than just great access.
Around Salò, Gardone Riviera, Gargnano and Limone is the Parco Alto Garda Bresciano, which is a stunning natural backdrop to walk against, dotted with pretty towns and villages. Monte Baldo is to the north east, and the Morenic hills are to the south, where you’ll find vineyards, olive groves and flatter trails trough historic landscapes. But whatever area you choose to walk in you’ll be extremely well rewarded with views and points of interest along your amblings.
Some of our Guru’s list of the best hotels on Lake Garda for walking holidays have amazing views, some are in the heart of picturesque villages, and some have great facilities for all sorts of activities. But they’re all able to offer advice on the best routes for you.
The Best Hotels on Lake Garda for Walking Holidays
For a Room with a View
- Converted from an old hunting lodge, the Villa Sostaga in Gargnano is now a 19 room hotel, surrounded by 40 beautiful, green acres overlooking Lake Garda. A homey atmosphere and some very nice antiques make this a peaceful retreat with plenty of charm.
- Sirmione’s Hotel Eden is a wonderful lakeside hotel with 30, simple, contemporary rooms and lovely sun terraces. Just a few minutes walk from the beach.
- The AQVA Boutique Hotel in beautiful Sirmione is a calm, modernist style hotel with 18 neutral-shaded rooms, a peaceful garden and a small jetty. You’re just 600metres from from Scaligero Castle and within a short stroll of Sirmione’s thermal baths. Rooms from around £100 per night.
- On the hill above Gardone Riviera, Dimora Bolsone is a stylish, ten room B&B in a converted medieval manor house. Quiet and secluded, you get views over the whole area from the house’s position above the town, plus there’s a lovely garden and simple rooms with nice antiques and objets.
For Peace and Quiet
- Hotel Villa Rosenhof in Gardone Riviera is a charming, peach-coloured lakeside villa with just two suites. Both have sitting areas and country views, plus you have access to a swimming pool in a partner property up the road, which also has a large sun terrace and a buffet breakfast.
- Tenuta Le Sorgive in Solferino is a beautifully restored 19th Century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. You’re faraway from the lake, but up in the hills, and there are wonderful walks though the property's own orchards and vineyards, as well as in the surrounding hills.
- Hotel Castello in Malcesine is a small, contemporary hotel right by the side of the lake. Some rooms have private balconies overlooking the water, plus there’s lovely terrace and restaurant, and guests have their own private beach. Romantic but also family friendly. Rooms start from around £100 per night.
Best Lake Garda B&Bs for Walkers
- B&B Loggia Marti is a beautiful 17th Century house in the heart of Gargnano, with four rooms offering a clever mix of period and contemporary features. A perfect home-from-home style property in an easy-access location.
- The Garni Gianmartin in Limone is a seven room B&B on the main square, just minutes from the beach. The rooms are simple and comfortable, and all have lake views. The suites have their own private terraces as well. The breakfasts are hearty, and the rooms, with breakfasts, start from around £70 per night.
- Sirmione’s Il Mosaico B&B is a six room, adults only B&B set just back from the lake. There’s comfortable, contemporary decor, air conditioning, wifi and plenty of parking, and all for around £55 per night.
For Great Value
- La Dimora del Garda, also in Sirmione, is a simple, sophisticated house with four comfortable, air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast room. Each room has a small outdoor terrace.
- The Osteria Antico Brolo in Gardone Riviera is a gorgeous restaurant with four chic, all-white rooms and suites you can stay in. Private and comfortable, and very good value, with rooms starting from around £60 per night. Plus you know you’ll be able to refuel in style.
- Also in Gardone Riviera, the Locanda Agli Angeli is a similar offering, a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on Lake Garda for walking holidays might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda,
- or refine by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione, or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Dimora Bolsone 10 rooms from CA$267Gardone Riviera
Stylish bed-and-breakfast in restored medieval manor house with breathtaking views high above the town. Lovely garden, simply styled rooms full of antiques and objets. Quiet, secluded, a good base, set in a nature park with wonderful hikes.Romantic Break - Pools with a view, romantic al fresco dining and gorgeous suitesSights nearby - Next door to Vittoriale Degli Italiani, the last magnificent home of poet Gabriele DíAnnunzioGreat walks - Maps available. Walks suitable for all from gentle strolls to more adventurous hikes.Views - View over Lake Garda
Villa Sostaga 19 rooms from CA$193Gargnano
Surrounded by 40 acres and overlooking Lake Garda, this charming villa was once an old hunting lodge. The bedrooms have a unique homely feel with antique furniture and are all individually named. Enjoy the elegant art nouveau dining room which gives a refined noble feel to this charming retreat.Local exploring - A charming spot from which to explore the delights of Lake GardaViews - From its elevated position you get fab views over Lake GardaSwimming Pool - Large outdoor pool and terrace with lovely lake viewsLocal markets - Visit Gargnano which has many charming shops.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Eden, Sirmione 30 rooms from CA$213Sirmione (Old City)
Hotel Eden offers guests fantastic lake side accomodation with a private sun terrace and relaxed outdoor dining. Bedrooms are air conditioned with simple, contemporary decor - often with lake views. A charming and picturesque spot with great activities on offer in the surrounding area.Local exploring - Right on Lake Garda and just a few minutes walk from the beachRomantic Break - Stylish suited with Lake views - ideal for couplesGreat walks - Explore the hills surrounding Lake GardaSights nearby - Spend a day in nearby Verona
Hotel Villa Rosenhof 2 rooms from CA$190Gardone Riviera (Lake Garda)
This charming peach coloured lakeside villa has two comfortable suites with sitting area, country views and all the mod cons. Enjoy access to a swimming pool overlooking the lake with a large sun terrace and take buffet breakfast at the partner hotel 50 yards down the road.Local exploring - Well located for exploring Gardone Riviera and the surrounding area.Great walks - The Andre Heller Botanic GardenSights nearby - Teatro del VittorialeSailing - Sailing on Lake Garda
Hotel Castello 36 rooms from CA$181Malcesine
A small contemporary hotel on the edge of Lake Garda. Contemporary chic rooms, some with private balconies overlooking the lake. Excellent restaurant and terrace and its own private pebble beach with deck chairs. An good value spot for a romantic holiday, family friendly too.Views - Stunning lake views.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Diving - Good diving nearby.
AQVA Boutique Hotel 18 rooms from CA$178Sirmione
The hotel offers relaxing rooms filled with calming natural palettes. Modernist design, private balconies and a peaceful garden with a small jetty. Enjoy lunch on the terrace or cocktails at the sun loungers. Organise exciting day trips and fine dining restaurants with the hotel concierge.Local exploring - Just 600m from Scaligero Castle and within walking distance of Sirmione’s thermal bathsTotal relaxation - The hotel boasts its own stretch of private beachRestrictions on children - Must be arranged with the hotelViews - Wonderful views over the lake
Tenuta Le Sorgive 12 rooms from CA$144Solferino, Lake Garda
A beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. Simple traditional rooms come with continental breakfast. Explore the orchards and vineyards or head out on a pony trek through the surrounding hills. A wonderful spot to re-engage with mother nature.Families - This is truly a family place, with plenty of group activities on site and a wholesome organic vibe.Less £Great walks - There are lovely walks around the estate where you can learn about farming in the Italian counrtyside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor garden surrounded poolRecommended by - Sawdays
B&B Loggia Marti 4 rooms from CA$133Gargnano (Lake Garda)
A gorgeous seventeenth-century house in the heart of a tiny village made of narrow alleys and olive groves overlooking Lake Garda. The four bedrooms are clever mix of contemporary design and period features. A grown up, great value, laid back home from home, ideal for exploring the region.Value chic - This B&B respresents excellent value for money with lovely rooms from just €90 per night including breakfast.Local exploring - The property is ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaGreat walks - Parco regionale dell'Alto Garda BrescianoSights nearby - Visit Verona for the day
Il Mosaico B&B 6 rooms from CA$96Colombare di Sirmione
Slightly set back from the Lake Garda waterfront, Il Mosaico offers good value accommodation ideal for those looking to explore the area by car. Comfortable, air conditioned bedrooms are striking in moody palettes with all the mod cons. Includes free Wifi and plenty of private parking.Value chic - Modern, luxurious accommodation at a steal of a priceRomantic Break - Adults only hotel makes it ideal for visiting couplesLocal exploring - Great central location for exploring on footRestrictions on children - Children are not permitted at this hotel
Osteria Antico Brolo 4 rooms from CA$104Gardone Riviera
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base!Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&B.Local exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaSailing - Spend a day sailing on Lake GardaSights nearby - The town of Gardone Riviera
Locanda Agli Angeli 9 rooms from CA$119Gardone Riviera
Charming restaurant with rooms near to Lake Garda. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds, white linens, wooden beams, and white washed walls. The restaurant serves excellent local food and there's also a small pool. Excellent value, family friendly.Value chicFour poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Garni Gianmartin 7 rooms from CA$127Limone (Lake Garda)
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple & comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too.Value chic - With rooms from as little as €86 per night including breakfast, it's excellent value for money.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view
La Dimora del Garda 4 rooms from CA$133Colombare di Sirmione
This simple and sophisticated house has been recently renovated and offers four comfortable air conditioned rooms and an airy communal breakfast room. Each of the bedrooms also have a small private outdoor terrace area with table and chairs. A great spot for families looking to explore Lake Garda.Value chic - This part of the world is not cheap, and here you have great value and plenty of styleLocal exploring - Whether by bike or on foot, Lake Garda and its attractions are moments awayGreat walks - Enjoy walks in the surrounding hillsSailing - Hire a boat and explore Lake Garda