The 8 Best Hotels with hot tubs in The Cotswolds
The Cotswolds is one of the busiest regions for tourists in the entire United Kingdom. Visitors flock from far and wide to enjoy this quintessentially English region with its pretty rolling countryside and picture postcard perfect villages. Inevitably this means that good accommodation can be expensive and difficult to book (they're busy year round), but if you plan ahead you can bag yourself one of the best hotels with hot tubs in the Cotswolds and enjoy a relaxing, or romantic, treat amid glorious scenery.
Some of our hotels with hot tubs in the Cotswolds offer suites with private gardens or terraces with their own tubs. These are obviously the ultimate in indulgence and don't come cheap. But for that premium you are getting top notch service, delicious food and the ultimate luxury break. All are also ideally located to make the most of the area: one's a des-res in Chipping Campden, one's a manor house in the centre of Moreton in Marsh, one's a luxury, family friendly affair in Tetbury and our final choice is an opulent property between Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton on the Water. The following list is our pick of the best hotels with hot tubs in the Cotswolds. The list is not in order of any preference! To check a hotel's availability click the "check prices" button beside the property.
- Calcot Manor Hotel is one of the best examples in the country of a genuinely family-friendly hotel that also works for couples. Set on an estate, the former farmhouse with a courtyard of lime trees and old barns, is praised for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. There are comfortable bedrooms, an indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub next to a roaring fire.
- The Cotswold House Hotel is an historic property in the heart of pretty Chipping Campden. Rooms are modern with indulgent bathrooms - think rain showers and large free standing baths. Open fireplaces give a cosy feel. Relaxed dining areas serve food inspired by local produce. The six room spa, with hammam and hydrotherapy pool, is excellent, and there are two swanky cottage suites in the gardens which each have their own private hot tub.
For a private hot tub
- The Manor House Hotel has been converted from a 16th century manor house in the centre of picturesque Moreton in Marsh. There are 35 rooms and suites, some with their own private hot tubs and one with its own private garden! There’s also an award-winning fine dining restaurant and a less formal bar and brasserie.
- The Swan Hotel, Bibury is a 17th Century coaching inn with wonderful views over the River Coln. In winter expect cracking fires, and in summer the inn opens out onto resplendently coloured gardens. The rooms are cosy, with four-poster beds and floral upholstery, and there’s a private hot tub.
- The Hare and Hounds Hotel is a traditional country house hotel with 42 rooms and suites arranged around a delightful courtyard. Two of the suites have their own private hot tubs. There’s a restaurant with a creative menu and the hotel has its own pub.
The Best Spa Hotels in the Cotswolds
- Barnsley House is the sister property to Calcot Manor Hotel and has all the same hallmarks and attention to detail, elegant interiors and helpful staff. Once the home of famous garden designer Rosemary Verey, the grounds are a sight to behold. Add to this some great food and a spoiling spa and you have the perfect ingredients for a country escape.
- Cowley Manor is a contemporary-chic manor house set in 55 beautiful acres of Cotswold countryside. This is the perfect escape for stressed urbanites, with two pools, a gym, an award-winning modernist spa, a menu created by Mark Hix, beautiful grounds and even a ‘lifestyle shop’?
- The Painswick is a lovingly restored 18th century beauty with 16 rooms and one suite. Expect to see many of the house’s original features, but plenty of contemporary, comfort driven updates too. Rejuvenate in the Spa, relax by a roaring fire and feast in the excellent restaurant.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels with hot tubs in the Cotswolds on our Guru’s list you could:
- Check out our Ultimate Guide to UK hotels with hot tubs?
- or expand your search to include all the Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Gloucestershire.
- Or you might consider the best Country House Hotels in the Cotswolds?
- or the Most Romantic Hotels in the Cotswolds?
- or just our recommendations for all the best places to stay in the Cotswolds?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in The Cotswolds
Calcot Manor Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from CA$336Restaurant - Choose between the Conservatory's fine dining or the more relaxed Gumstool Inn.Tennis - On-site tennis courts and rackets for use by the whole family.Swimming Pool - Stunning indoor Swimming PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
A charming 14th century manor house in Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Chic rooms feature bold wallpaper prints, soft tones, deep soaking tubs and trendy artworks. The beautifully landscaped gardens feature a range of family activities as well as a pool and spa. An elegant country retreat. See More
Manor House Hotel Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from CA$268Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh is the perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds, Bath or Oxford.Restaurant - The Mulberry Restaurant has two AA rosettesPrivate Hot Tub - If you book the Apple Cottage SuiteFour poster beds - Some rooms feature four poster beds
Barnsley House Cirencester (Barnsley) 18 rooms from CA$504Romantic Break - A stately home with indulgent chic interiors- think dual baths, large suites and a pampering spa.Country Escape - A rural abode on another level, the ultimate luxury getaway in stunning surrounds.Great walks - This area is littered with beautiful walks, ask at the front desk to be pointed towards a favourite.Cooking classes - The nearby reputed Foodworks Cookery School offers a number of different classes for various levels.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
An imposing Cotswold house set within stunning (deservedly famed) gardens. Gorgeously renovated rooms are light, airy and full of mod cons. The chic modern interiors, indulgent spa and contemporary British cuisine make it hard to leave! A popular rural escape for urbanites. See More
Cowley Manor nr Cheltenham, The Cotswolds from CA$422Spa - Wide range of treatments using Green & Spring products.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor heated pools.Great walks - 55 acres of parkland surround the proerty with natural springs, lakes, and Victorian cascades.Sights nearby - Visit the "Venice of the Cotswolds" the village of Bourton on Water.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A contemporary-chic manor house set on 55 beautiful acres, in the Cotswold countryside. Trendy rooms mix the best of both worlds, with original sash windows, high ceilings and fireplaces mixed with sleek handmade modern furnishings and bold colour combos. A sophisticated, fun country escape. See More
Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden, The Cotswolds 28 rooms from CA$243Total relaxation - Refresh yourself at this quaint country retreat, enjoy spa treatments, long walks and deep soaking tubs!Sights nearby - Just 5kms away is Broadway Tower a unique Capability Brown Folly Tower which has imressive views.Local markets - Chipping Campden has a whole range of quirky independent shops selling crafts and gifts.Great walks - Explore the Cotswolds countryside, renowned for it's natural beauty and serenity.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A historic property in the heart of a quaint village. Rooms are modern with indulgent bathrooms - think rain showers and large free standing baths. Open fireplaces give a cosy feel. Relaxed dining areas serve food inspired by local produce. The six room spa is excellent. The perfect country escape. See More
Hare and Hounds Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 42 rooms from CA$211Local markets - The historic Cotswold market town of Tetbury is only two miles away.Restaurant - Fine dining in the Beaufort RestaurantPrivate Hot Tub - Two suites feature private hot tubsSights nearby - Highgrove House is just a mile away
The Hare and Hounds is a traditional Cotswold country house hotel. The newly refurbished rooms and suites have an air of elegance and surround a delightful courtyard. The restaurant's creative menu is popular with locals and visitors alike. The best in comfort with its own country pub. See More
The Painswick Painswick, Stroud, The Cotswolds 16 rooms from CA$251Total relaxation - Uncommonly comfortable rooms, roll-top baths, squishy sofas, fantastic food and massages and facials to boot!Country Escape - Located in the quaint village of Painswick, with lovely walks and stunning views.Sights nearby - The ornate Painswick Rococo Gardens are within walking distance.Great walks - Across the village green to your new local: The Falcon Inn.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Following a loving restoration, this 18th century abode has been catapulted into the 21st century. Sixteen lovely rooms with original features decorated in soft hues and country style. Rejuvenate in the Spa, relax by a roaring fire and feast in the excellent restaurant. A gorgeous relaxing getaway. See More