Search the best hotels in The Cotswolds
About The Cotswolds
The gently rolling green hills, and postcard-perfect villages - with honey coloured stone mansions, ancient churches and thatched cottages, make the Cotswolds one of the most quintessentially English of all England’s regions. And thus, hugely attractive for visitors seeking ye olde world English charm. The popularity of this beautiful region makes it, unfortunately, one of the places in the UK you're most likely to be overcharged for accommodation. But our Gurus’ list of the best places to stay in the Cotswolds should help protect you! We've a wide range of recommendations from cheap and cheerful pubs-with-rooms to top notch luxury spa hotels, all vetted by our fussy Guru-guests.
The Cotswolds has some lovely country house hotels, but our Gurus have numerous picks in pretty Cotswolds towns too. Some of their recommendations for the best places to stay in the Cotswolds are in famed Cotswolds-charmers like Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton, Chipping Campden, Cirencester and Broadway.
Burford has the famously pretty High Street, which leads steeply down to the River Windrush; the vast Burford Garden Centre; and some great pubs and galleries. And it’s right on the southern edge of the Cotswolds, close to Crocodiles of the World, and one of the best places to stay in the Cotswolds if you want to explore some of Oxfordshire as well. Stow on the Wold is a lovely market town where you'll find loads of antique shops, art galleries and many independent boutiques; Cirencester is steeped in history dating back to Roman times, so a good base for those looking to learn about the region's past. Broadway is where to stay if you want to explore the northern reaches of the Cotswolds. It's a pretty market town in the traditional honey coloured stone and now full of charming tea shops, galleries and boutiques; and, if you’re at all interested in art and design, you might like to visit Chipping Campden, the birthplace of the Arts and Crafts movement founded by William Morris at the end of the 19th Century. If you prefer to stay in a larger town and drive out to the rural surrounds, we suggest you book a room in Cheltenham, a regency beauty with stylish shops and restaurants and festivals galore from jazz to horse racing.
Bill Bryson says you can't do the Cotswolds without a car. But he's not totally right, you can do a lot of it on foot, along the gently rolling hills and valleys that make up The Cotswolds Way. And we have a list of some of the best places to stay in the Cotswolds for walkers if you need accommodation ideas.
SOME OF OUR COTSWOLDS COLLECTIONS:
- 12 of the Most Romantic Hotels in the Cotswolds
- The 10 Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the Cotswolds
- 12 of the Best Pubs with Rooms in the Cotswolds
- The 10 Best Country House Hotels in the Cotswolds
- Best Luxury Hotels in the Cotswolds
The Best Places to Stay in The Cotswolds
For a Countryside Escape
- Calcot & Spa is a great example of a genuinely family-friendly country house hotel that also works for couples. The manor house, set on an estate outside of Tetbury, was built in the 14th century, but today’s Calcot, with its 35 rooms, suites and apartments, has expanded into barns and outbuildings as well, all arranged around a courtyard of lime trees. And all around are beautiful landscaped gardens, with a range of family-friendly activities on offer. Our Gurus enjoyed the indoor pool, and outdoor hot tub next to a roaring fire. Friendly, and superbly run.
- The name makes it sound a bit gimmicky, but the Lords of the Manor Hotel is actually an elegant and understated affair in honey coloured stone, surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland. The hotel has 26 rooms and suites, plus a Michelin starred restaurant, and excellent fishing nearby.
- Barnsley House, outside Cirencester, is the sister property to Calcot Manor, and to The Village Pub, a smart pub-with-rooms opposite Barnsley. This was the private home of illustrious horticulturalist, Rosemary Verey, and the gardens are still incredible, with a pretty hotel terrace overlooking them. The interiors are light and airy, with all the mod. cons., including an indulgent spa, and a contemporary British restaurant. There are 18 rooms and suites, decorated with the same light, airy, minimalist eye.
- The Slaughters Manor House is an elegant, but relaxed, retreat within a lovely stroll of the village of Lower Slaughter. Built of honey-coloured Cotswolds stone, this country house has been carefully converted into a 19 room hotel, retaining the impressive scale of all the rooms, but adding luxurious bathrooms and a bar that wouldn’t be out of place in a five start city hotel. Each of the rooms are unique, from the four-poster rooms in the main house to the garden suites with their his and hers roll-top baths. The restaurant is gourmet and the gardens wondrous.
Best Country House Hotels
- Burleigh Court is a beautiful, 19th century built manor house with a Grade II listing, and a picturesque location in the heart of The Cotswolds. There are just 18 rooms and suites, including six pet-friendly rooms located in the coach house, and a family suite with bunk beds. Dogs and kids will love the three acres worth of mature gardens which surround the manor too. The restaurant has 2 AA Rosettes, and a menu based on locally sourced goodies, and there’s a lovely Art Deco plunge pool.
- Buckland Manor is the kind of place you might expect to run into Miss Marple taking tea. A traditional old manor house in peaceful grounds, outside Broadway, on the edge of the Cotswold escarpment, with 13 graceful rooms. Here men are expected to don a jacket and tie for dinner, where you'll also be able to take advantage of their impressive wine cellar.
- The Five Alls at Filkins is a glorious country pub, loved for its great food - with Italian accents, lovely gardens and rustic bar and dining areas - there are two. There are just nine rooms, simply decorated in pale greys, and seagrass flooring. Great for families, and much loved by walkers.
- The New Inn at Coln is a 17th Century coaching inn, in the heart of Coln St. Aldwyn, with comfortably contemporary interiors, an award winning restaurant, and a selection of Gloucestershire's best ales. The 13 rooms and suites have individual themes and decoration - with a good range of colours and moods. Our Gurus sat out on the sun trap terrace and enjoyed their AA 2 Rosette-wining meal.
- The Village Pub in Barnsley, is a gastro pub with six welcoming rooms, some with four-poster beds. The Village Pub is brought to you by the owners of Barnsley House, which is just across the road, and has beautiful facilities that pub guests are also entitled to use.
For the Charm of a Cotswold Village
- The Lygon Arms is on a main road, running right through the centre of Broadway, which is a particularly charming town on the northern edge of the Cotswolds. This hotel has a very grand look about it, with a long, low and historic facade in honey-coloured Cotswold stone. Within are 86 rooms, suites and apartments, created from a maze-like hotch-potch of different architectural styles and periods. This is a fun place to try to get lost in, full of snugs, nooks and hangouts, painted in sultry shades. The Lyon Arms offers a choice of food and drink, from the bar, the formal, wood-panelled dining room; or the bistro, with its Mediterranean dishes. The decor is comfortably contemporary, with with some charming old features.
- The Painswick is a beautiful, 18th century Cotswold stone mansion in the very pretty wool town of Painswick. There are just 16 rooms and suites, all spacious and individually decorated in a range of styles, from contemporary chic to antique country house. The dining room is beautiful, the drawing room is beautiful, breakfast is a culinary treat, and the service is warm and welcoming.
- The Manor House Hotel has been converted from a 16th century manor house in the centre of picturesque Moreton in Marsh. There are 35 rooms and suites, some with their own private hot tubs and one with its own private garden! There’s also an award-winning fine dining restaurant and a less formal bar and brasserie.
- The Swan Hotel is a 17th century coaching inn with wonderful views over the River Coln. In winter its cosy lounges crackle with fires, and in summer the gardens are resplendent with colour and scent. There are 22 rooms and suites, individually decorated with antiques and fabrics that range from plain damask to chintz, florals and gingham. And the Modern British restaurant is excellent. Because this inn has been providing understated luxury and warm service since before The Cotswolds became a holiday destination.
- Cowley Manor is a devilishly hip, grown up Cotswolds retreat for urbanites. It is hard to imagine anyone turning up in tweed with a grinning tongue-lolling muddy spaniel, designer dogs only at this super-spoiling, Grade II Listed retreat. Cowley has 55 acres, two pools, a gym and award-winning modernist spa, a sun-trap of a terrace, a ‘lifestyle shop’, and a menu in the restaurant by chef Mark Hix.
- Russell’s of Broadway is a chic little restaurant-with-rooms in the postcard perfect village of Broadway. It has seven large rooms with charming original features, like high, beamed ceilings and exposed stone walls, but everything else is comfortably contemporary, in a contemporary colour scheme. The superb cuisine is modern European.
- Built in the 17th century, The Ragged Cot is charming stone inn, in a spectacularly spot in Minchampton, overlooking around 600acres of land owned by the National Trust. As well as the pub, which has been updated so that it’s now light and airy, with a large conservatory and courtyard area, the inn has nine rooms. Throughout there’s simply chosen decor in shades of grey with yellow accents, some rooms have well chosen antiques, some are more contemporary. All have all the mod. cons., and out Gurus’ favourites have garden views.
- The Trout At Tadpole Bridge is a charmingly positioned rural inn, with its own, private, back garden mooring onto a section of the Thames. As well as being convenient for canal boating and fishing, this pub has a 2 AA Rosette restaurant, making it a wonderful stop for foodies too. Upstairs the inn has six rooms, decorated in a classic country style that fits with the pub, the lovely old building, and the location. Ideal for a relaxed country break.
- The Bear of Rodborough is a stylish, rural hotel set on Rodborough Common, near Stroud, owned by the National Trust. it has 44 rooms and suites, decorated with country flair: think oversized headboards in chic fabrics and a Farrow & Ball colour scheme, and an elegant restaurant serving modern British classics. There are great room choices for both dogs and families, but be warned, cows roam freely on Rodborough Common
For Great Value
- The King’s Arms in Didmarton, near Stroud, is a traditional 17th century coaching inn which has been stylishly converted. There are just six rooms decorated with antiques, four-poster beds, BIG George Stubbs murals and sheepskin rugs. Downstairs, the pub serves great British pub fare and real ale.
- There are a handful of British inns on Hotel Guru claiming to be the oldest, and The Porch House in Stow-on-the-Wold is one of them, it’s been an inn since 947. Which is certainly impressive whether it’s the oldest or not! Inside the Heritage Listed building are 13 stylish guest rooms with exposed stone walls, and huge oak beams, but a contemporary colour scheme and all the mod. cons., including lovely bathrooms, some with fancy roll-top baths. The pub and restaurant have been sympathetically updated too, and while there are still low beams and cosy nooks and crannies, the effect feels comfortably historic, rather than ancient.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Cottage?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The Cotswolds roll out spaciously, and your closest airport depends on where you’re staying first. Birmingham International Airport is the closest airport to Chipping Campden and Broadway, Heathrow is closed to Burford, and Bristol Airport is closest to Bath and Cirencester. There are reasonable links by train and bus between Cotswolds towns but it’s definitely easier if you have access to a car.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- The Cotswolds is one of those destinations where every season has something to warrant a visit. In winter it’s quiet, perfect for bracing walks and sitting by a roaring fire in the local pub. In spring you’ll see the daffodils, in summer there’s sunshine and plenty of buzz, and in autumn the changing colours are spectacular. Summer is the most popular time for visitors.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could refine your search by town of village, and search for just the best places to stay in Burford? the best places to stay in Cheltenham? Chipping Campden? or Stow-on-the-Wold?
- Or you could refine your search by the type of accommodation you’re looking for? and consider just the best country house hotels in the Cotswolds? or the Cotswold’s best pubs-with rooms? or even the most romantic hotels in the Cotswolds?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in The Cotswolds
Best Hotels in The Cotswolds
The Swan Inn, Oxfordshire Ascott-under-Wychwood, Oxfordshire 8 rooms from CA$202Families - The separate cottage is ideal for families and small groups as it sleeps up to sixGreat walks - There are fantastic walks right from the door and The Oxfordshire and D'Arcy Dalton Way passes nearby.Sights nearby - Spend a day at majestic Blenheim Palace; 15 mins from Burford, Stow on the Wold and DaylesfordFishing - There is fantastic fly fishing to be enjoyed within half an hour's drive
A cosy former 16th-century coaching inn with eight designer rooms in the heart of the Cotswolds, ideal for enjoying long country walks on the Oxfordshire Way. Featuring a restaurant, a large courtyard garden and a family-sized cottage for up to six people. A luxurious Cotswolds escape. See More
Burleigh Court Stroud, Gloucestershire 18 rooms from CA$268Country Escape - With its charming country-style interiors, jaw dropping views, great food and location, it's perfect for a rural getawayLocal exploring - Ideally positioned for getting out and about in the CotswoldsViews - Panoramic views over the surrounding Cotswolds countrysideFoodies - The excellent restaurant has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes
A charming 19th-century grade II listed manor house in the heart of the Cotswolds. Rooms and suites are done in country-chic style but with welcome modern accessories including power showers and soaking tubs. Excellent restaurant, plus mature gardens and views to die for. Country bliss! See More
Lygon Arms Broadway (Worcestershire) 86 rooms from CA$278Exclusive offer - 10% off Best Available RateLocal exploring - An historic inn in an historic village well placed to explore the beautiful Cotswolds.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Horse and Groom Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 5 rooms from CA$126Local exploring - An ideal base for exploring the beautiful Cotswolds, with charming Moreton in Marsh just down the road.Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh, Chipping Camden, Broadway and Stow on the Wold are all close byRestaurant - Award winning cuisine featuring local produce, much of it grown on site.Great walks - There is lovely walking for all abilities on the doorstep.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Informal restaurant with rooms cum gastro pub in the now familiar mould; towny style, a buzzing bar and restaurant, and a small number of smart bedrooms. Five individually designed rooms in contemporary classic style, plus award winning food - a perfect laid back base for exploring Cotswold country. See More
The Royal Oak Tetbury Tetbury, Gloucestershire 6 rooms from CA$143Families - Interconnecting rooms, a laidback feel, and kid friendly options in the restaurant make this a good choice for a family breakShort break - Easily accessible from London, this is a good choice for a quick weekend awayGreat walks - Enjoy long walks through the scenic Cotswolds countrysideRestaurant - Traditional pub fare is served in the restaurant
A charming traditional inn set in the picturesque Tetbury. Beautifully styled rooms mix traditional and contemporary design. Think exposed stone, pale wood floors, and simple modern furniture. The atmospheric bar features an art deco piano & a vintage jukebox. A characterful and well-priced stay. See More
The Ragged Cot STROUD, Gloucestershire 9 rooms from CA$143Country Escape - Surrounded by bucolic Gloucestershire there are plenty of 'country' activities - and lots of pubs.Romantic Break - The perfect hidey hole for a weekend break in the country.Great walks - The National Trust lands of Minchinhampton and Rodborough Commons are prime walking territory.Local markets - The market town of Minchinhampton hs awash with farm stalls and antique shops.
The Falcon Painswick Painswick, Gloucestershire 11 rooms from CA$150Country Escape - With hearty cuisine, an atmospheric bar, roaring fires, and lovely walking country — this is an idyllic rural escapeValue chic - With rooms starting at well under £100 this is a great option for a good value getawayFull of character - A 16th century Georgian property that keeps much of its original charm and featuresGood wine list - Wines are served from the hotel's own award winning winery, The Balfour Winery
A 16th-century Georgian inn set in the picturesque town of Painswick. Rooms mix the building's original features with a fresh modern style. Think soft grey hues, antiques, very comfy beds, and White Company products. Modern British fare is served alongside the property's own wines. A chic hideaway. See More
The King's Arms Didmarton, Gloucestershire 6 rooms from CA$152Value chic - At the King's Arms stylish rooms which can be had for as little as £75 per night B&B.Local exploring - Ideal if you want to explore the wider Cotswolds.Sights nearby - A wide range of places to visit close by including Badminton House, Highgrove House and Westonbirt ArboretumGreat walks - The Cotswolds is great walking country and there are many routes close by the King's Arms
The King's Arms is a traditional 17th century coaching inn in the heart of the Cotswolds. Stylish rooms with feature walls of George Stubbs paintings, antique furniture, four posters & cosy sheepskin rugs. Or cottages for groups or families. Great British pub food, real ale and excellent value too! See More
The Bell Inn Lechlade, Oxfordshire 8 rooms from CA$167Active Holiday - The team has great contacts & can help arrange outdoor pursuits including fishing, hunting, deer stalking & pigeon shootingLocal exploring - Affordable, atmospheric & authentic base for exploring all that The Cotswolds has to offerRestaurant - Modern country pub restaurant serves hearty British comfort food in a fireside dining room. Highlights include wood-fired pizzasFishing - Nearby Lechlade Trout Fisheries is home to two large lakes which are excellent for carp & trout fishing
Owner-run pub with rooms in a Cotswold's village. Contemporary cool decor blends dark moody tones with a traditional backdrop; it's all open fireplaces, thick stone walls & mismatched furniture. Perfect base for outdoor lovers after a countryside experience & good food without breaking the bank. See More
Chester House Hotel Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire 22 rooms from CA$169Value chic - With boutique style, on-point service, and rates starting at the £100 mark — this is a chic and reasonably priced Cotswolds stayFamilies - Benefit from large family rooms, children's menus in the restaurant, and plenty of family-friendly activities nearbyLocal exploring - Set in the heart of heart of Bourton-on-the-Water, a popular Cotswolds destination due to its beautyRestaurant - L’Anatra Italian Kitchen serves excellent stone-baked pizzas and pastas
A chic Cotswolds hotel set in sought-after Bourton-on-the-Water. Stylish rooms are decorated in muted tones and feature hardwood furniture, oversized headboards, and luxe bathrooms. A laidback Italian restaurant serves good pastas and stone-baked pizzas. A well-priced base to explore the area from. See More
The Bull Hotel, Fairford Fairford, Gloucestershire 21 rooms from CA$169Fishing - Available from the hotelLocal markets - Every WednesdaySights nearby - The CotswoldsBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Five Alls at Filkins Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds 9 rooms from CA$185Foodies - Fantastic gourmet pub food, lots of Italian inspiration.Restaurant with rooms - A lovely countryside pub with rooms.Restaurant - Recommended.Traditional
King's Head Burford 11 rooms from CA$185Country Escape - A traditional inn - the inexpensive alternative to a country house hotel.Restaurant - Gastropub cooking with 2 AA RosettesGreat walks - Beautiful country walksQuirky - Full of junk shop findsRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A cosy and characterful traditional English Inn. With simple, homely guest rooms and fine pub food - The King's Head offers guests are proper countryside getaway. Lovely scenic walks in the heart of the Cotswolds and outdoor activities available to those looking for something extra. See More
Howard Arms Ilmington, The Cotswolds 8 rooms from CA$185Value chic - With rooms from as little as £115 per night including breakfast, the Howard Arms is excellent value.Local exploring - Shakespeare’s Stratford is just 8 miles away, plus there's the whole of the Cotswolds to the South.Great walks - There are plenty of great walks in the surrounding area, many you can access right from the pub.Restaurant - The restaurant has been awarded one AA rosette and serves classic British cuisine.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Pretty and charming 400 year old stone-built inn overlooking the Stour Valley on the village green. Eight individually designed bedrooms offer a charming mix of contemporary comforts and traditional features. The bar and restaurant are convivial, laid back and not to be missed! See More
Aylworth Manor Cheltenham, The Cotswolds 4 rooms from CA$185QuietSights nearby - Visit the nearby sights of Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.Great walks - The surrounding area is full of lovely walking routes.Tennis - Enjoy a game of tennis on the house's court.Recommended by - Sawdays
Set in a delightful house in the Cotswolds, Aylworth Manor is a charming, small B&B. Boasting comfortable rooms and a lovely garden, it's a great place to unwind. Start the day with a delicious breakfast in the dining room before heading out to explore the beautiful Cotswolds surroundings. See More
The Crown Inn, Oxfordshire Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire 7 rooms from CA$194Great walks - Borrow an Ordnance Survey map and explore the myriads of footpaths all around the villageRestaurant - From light meals to traditional pub favourites with a touch of panache!Sights nearby - Blenheim Palace, Weston Park and Deddington CastleTraditional - with all modern comforts
A brilliant example of a 16th century Cotswold Inn which has been expertly renovated. Well-loved by the locals with welcoming staff and an excellent restaurant, the menu is constantly changing with traditional dishes and seasonal twists. Rooms are cosy and well-designed with all creature comforts. See More
The Bear of Rodborough Minchampton Common, Gloucestershire 44 rooms from CA$202Country Escape - Boasting an enviable location on Rodborough Common (National Trust land) with cows roaming free and walking trails aplentyFamilies - Very family-friendly with interconnecting rooms, kids' menus, and plenty of space for little ones to run aroundGreat walks - Take long walks through the Cotswolds countryside starting right from the property's front doorLocal markets - Sample local produce at Stroud's weekly farmers' market (held each Saturday)
A stylish rural hotel set on National Trust land near Stroud. Chic rooms have all the hallmarks of Cotswolds-chic with oversized headboards, modern fabrics, attractive artwork, and Gilchrist & Soames bath products. A popular brasserie serves high-end British fare. A sophisticated rural hideaway. See More
The Swan Inn, Burford Burford 11 rooms from CA$202Country Escape - A traditional English Inn in the heart of the Cotwolds.Traditional - Individually styled bedrooms in a classic yet contemporary style.Great walks - Explore the Cotsolwds - an area of natural beautyLocal markets - Daylesford Organic Farmshop and Spa.
Located in a pretty little village, seemingly lost in time - this riverside inn offers elegant boutique bedrooms, a fine seasonal British menu and charming riverside cottages. Chickens freely roaming the garden and Mitford memorabilia add a unique charm to this quaint Cotswold retreat. See More
The Fish Worcestershire 67 rooms from CA$211Groups - Endless activities (can be taylored) from archery to baking classes to keep everyone happySights nearby - Cheltenham is just over 30 minutes’ drive. Stratford is 15miles away.Great walks - Hotel sits in the heart of the 400-acre Farncombe EstateViews - On the edge of Cotswold country, yours to explore
A hotel sitting in 400 acre estate, close to Stratford and the Cotswolds. Laid back and modern with cosy touches. Restaurant, bar with fireplace plus lots of outdoor activities from archery to segway safaris. A cool choice for weekend getaways for groups or young couples. See More
Hare and Hounds Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 42 rooms from CA$211Romantic Break - With lovely rooms and superb food, this is ideal for romance. Book the Magnolia Suite for your private outdoor hot tubLocal exploring - Tetbury is a great base for exploring the CotswoldsRestaurant - Fine dining in the Beaufort Restaurant which has been awarded 2 AA RosettesLocal markets - The historic Cotswold market town of Tetbury is only two miles away.
The Hare and Hounds is a traditional Cotswold country house hotel. The newly refurbished rooms and suites have an air of elegance and surround a delightful courtyard. The restaurant's creative menu is popular with locals and visitors alike. A smart but relaxed getaway amid stunning countryside. See More
The Lion Inn , Gloucestershire Winchcombe, Gloucestershire 8 rooms from CA$219Great walks - Many Cotswold walking trails are on the Lion Inn's doorstepSights nearby - The nearby Snowshill Manor is a warren of hidden treasures.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The only thing ordinary about the Lion Inn is the name. Each of the eight rooms are beautifully presented with exposed beams and stone walls next to soft hues and knitted throws. There is an outdoor patio restaurant with seasonal menu and bar with fine wines and real ales. See More
The Trout at Tadpole Bridge Faringdon, Oxfordshire 6 rooms from CA$219Great walks - For an afternoon stroll there is Buscot Park and Gardens; for serious ramblers the Thames Path is on your doorstep.Sights nearby - The famous Blenheim Palace and William Morris' Kelmscott Manor are both nearby.Sailing - The hotel has its own river and private mooring for guests.Views - Some of the rooms have lovely river viewsRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The Trout at Tadpole Bridge is a welcoming Inn, backing on to a rural section of the Thames with its own private mooring. Six comfortable rooms, "classic country" in style, located around a pretty courtyard away from the bustle. The AA rosette restaurant steals the show. A wonderful country treat. See More
The Wheatsheaf Inn Northleach, The Cotswolds 14 rooms from CA$219Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Lovely local walks, and you can borrow their wellies.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
New Inn at Coln Cirencester, The Cotswolds 13 rooms from CA$236Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Good for walkers.TraditionalRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel
The Village Pub Barnsley, The Cotswolds 6 rooms from CA$236Great walks - Barnsley House's immaculate gardens, opposite the hotel, aswell as Westonbirt and Batsford Arboretums are all worth a stroll.Sights nearby - Cirencester Park and The Church of St. John the Baptist are both located in nearby Cirencester.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Brought to you by the owner's of Barnsley House, the Cotswold's most sought after hotel, the facilities of which you can enjoy. Gastro pub does not do the restaurant's gourmet menu justice. The rooms are similarly welcoming and stylish, some with four poster beds, tartan throws and lounge areas. See More
Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden 28 rooms from CA$243Total relaxation - Refresh yourself at this quaint country retreat, enjoy spa treatments, long walks and deep soaking tubs!Sights nearby - Just 5kms away is Broadway Tower a unique Capability Brown Folly Tower which has imressive views.Local markets - Chipping Campden has a whole range of quirky independent shops selling crafts and gifts.Great walks - Explore the Cotswolds countryside, renowned for it's natural beauty and serenity.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A historic property in the heart of a quaint village. Rooms are modern with indulgent bathrooms - think rain showers and large free standing baths. Open fireplaces give a cosy feel. Relaxed dining areas serve food inspired by local produce. The six room spa is excellent. The perfect country escape. See More
The Kingham Plough Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire 6 rooms from CA$244Great walks - If you really want to stretch your legs, take the circular walk from Kingham Station. OS Maps available.Sights nearby - Hidcote Manor Gardens, Blenheim Palace, Deddington Castle,Restaurant - All delicious including vegetarian dishes as part of the à la carte menu with gluten-free and vegan options.Local markets - Daylesford Farm Shop takes farm shops to another level.
The Painswick Painswick, Stroud, The Cotswolds 16 rooms from CA$251Total relaxation - Uncommonly comfortable rooms, roll-top baths, squishy sofas, fantastic food and massages and facials to boot!Country Escape - Located in the quaint village of Painswick, with lovely walks and stunning views.Sights nearby - The ornate Painswick Rococo Gardens are within walking distance.Great walks - Across the village green to your new local: The Falcon Inn.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Following a loving restoration, this 18th century abode has been catapulted into the 21st century. Sixteen lovely rooms with original features decorated in soft hues and country style. Rejuvenate in the Spa, relax by a roaring fire and feast in the excellent restaurant. A gorgeous relaxing getaway. See More
The Frogmill Andoversford, Gloucestershire 28 rooms from CA$253Local exploring - With Cheltenham nearby and some of the prettiest Cotswolds villages within easy access, there is plenty to do locallyShort break - Located just under two hours from London, this is an easy choice for a quick weekend breakSights nearby - For a taste of the Cotswolds visit scenic Northleach and the pretty Slaughter villagesGreat walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Cotswolds countryside
A chic boutique inn located in an enviable spot overlooking picturesque Cotswold countryside yet just outside Cheltenham. Stylish rooms vary in shape and size but the design throughout is British rural-chic. A very good restaurant serves elevated British classics. A comfortable base to explore from. See More
Manor House Hotel Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from CA$268Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh is the perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds, Bath or Oxford.Restaurant - The Mulberry Restaurant has two AA rosettesPrivate Hot Tub - If you book the Apple Cottage SuiteFour poster beds - Some rooms feature four poster beds
The Close Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 18 rooms from CA$270Hideaway - Beautiful rooms, deep roll-top baths and breakfast in bed: there are so many reasons not to leave.Local markets - Held every Wednesday, Tetbury market stalls display a colourful array of locally produced foods.Sights nearby - The stately home of Cirencester Park will give you some serious 'house' envy.Great walks - Whatever the season Westonbirt Arboretum is alive with colour.
In the market town of Tetbury you will find The Close's grand grey stone façade. Dating back to 1535 and lovingly transformed into a stylish boutique hotel. Each of the 18 rooms is unique, ranging from pretty florals to dark country checks with roll-top baths and views. A full English is included. See More
The Swan Hotel Bibury, The Cotswolds 22 rooms from CA$270Sights nearby - The famous Blenheim Palace, birth place of Winston Churchill, is arguably the country's best stately home.Private Hot Tub - Whooper Garden Cottage Suite has its own private garden with hot tub.Great walks - Walk through the village to the postcard worthy Church of St. Mary.Fishing - Catch some trout in the River Coln, just opposite the hotel.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
With views over the River Coln this 17th century coaching inn is a welcoming Cotswolds abode. Crackling fires in the winter and viridescent gardens in the summer: the menu is similarly seasonal (and locally sourced). Rooms have an instantly cosy feel with fourposters, gingham and floral upholstery. See More
Russell's of Broadway Broadway 7 rooms from CA$278Foodies - The restaurant is the main focus of the hotel and serves modern cuisine with an emphasis on local produce cooked to perfection.Country Escape - A charming escape set in Englands most picturesque village, with seriously stylish interiors and wonderful service.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty Cotswold villages of Chipping Campden, Burford, Bibury, Moreton in Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold and Woodstock.Great walks - The famous 95-mile Cotswold Way from Chipping Camden to Bath runs through the village.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds 30 rooms from CA$278Great walks - Great walks on the doorstep.TraditionalFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
The Feathered Nest Burford (Nether Westcote) 4 rooms from CA$304Restaurant - 3 AA Rosettes. AA Notable wine listViews - views over the Evenlode Valley.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
The Slaughters Manor House Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds 19 rooms from CA$329Tennis - Court onsiteCooking classes - Check for timings.Secluded setting - For escaping.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
The Slaughters Manor House is beautiful, but relaxed and unstuffy with it. The 19 rooms are all different, some featuring four-poster beds and stand alone baths, some with bold wallpaper and colourful fabrics, so consider a few before you make your choice. The restaurant serves gourmet meals. See More
Buckland Manor Broadway (The Cotswolds) 13 rooms from CA$329Country Escape - Read by the roaring fire, try your hand and tennis and croquet or simply wander the grounds- an ideal country retreat.Great walks - Wander by the river and through the ten acres of beautiful gardens, or head down to the village for a pint.Tennis - Make the most of the on site tennis court, an ideal way to work off lunch!Restaurant - 3 AA RosettesRecommended by - Frommers, Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Calcot & Spa Tetbury, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from CA$336Child friendly - The hotel is set up for children and families, and is very busy in the school holidays.Restaurant - Choose between the Conservatory's fine dining or the more relaxed Gumstool Inn.Tennis - On-site tennis courts and rackets for use by the whole family.Swimming Pool - Stunning indoor Swimming PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
A charming 14th century manor house in Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Chic rooms feature bold wallpaper prints, soft tones, deep soaking tubs and trendy artworks. The beautifully landscaped gardens feature a range of family activities as well as a pool and spa. An elegant country retreat. See More
Lords of the Manor Hotel Upper Slaughter, The Cotswolds 26 rooms from CA$336Restaurant - 3 AA Rosette winning restaurantGarden - Attractive outside space.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Sawdays, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Cowley Manor nr Cheltenham, The Cotswolds from CA$422Spa - Wide range of treatments using Green & Spring products.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor heated pools.Great walks - 55 acres of parkland surround the proerty with natural springs, lakes, and Victorian cascades.Sights nearby - Visit the "Venice of the Cotswolds" the village of Bourton on Water.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A contemporary-chic manor house set on 55 beautiful acres, in the Cotswold countryside. Trendy rooms mix the best of both worlds, with original sash windows, high ceilings and fireplaces mixed with sleek handmade modern furnishings and bold colour combos. A sophisticated, fun country escape. See More
Thyme at Southrop Manor Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds from CA$438Cooking classes - Long and short courses. Top notch classes on offer - you can learn everything from bread making to advanced fish cookery.Sights nearby - Blenheim Palace and estateFishing - Lechlade Trout FisheriesGreat walks - Hidcote Manor gardens
A stylish west county farmhouse hotel with a top class cooking school. The bedrooms and adjacent cottages are beautifully decorated with roll top baths and large, comfortable beds. Organic home grown meals and a cosy bar. Come for a country retreat with the option of learning something new! See More
Barnsley House Cirencester (Barnsley) 18 rooms from CA$504Romantic Break - A stately home with indulgent chic interiors- think dual baths, large suites and a pampering spa.Country Escape - A rural abode on another level, the ultimate luxury getaway in stunning surrounds.Cooking classes - The nearby reputed Foodworks Cookery School offers a number of different classes for various levels.Great walks - This area is littered with beautiful walks, ask at the front desk to be pointed towards a favourite.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
An imposing Cotswold house set within stunning (deservedly famed) gardens. Gorgeously renovated rooms are light, airy and full of mod cons. The chic modern interiors, indulgent spa and contemporary British cuisine make it hard to leave! A popular rural escape for urbanites. See More