Search the best hotels in Kos
Second largest of the Dodecanese islands, Kos has something for everyone. Epic ruins line the horizon in one direction, in another there are secret, rocky coves and towering hillsides, and if you turn your head the other way you'll find traditional looking harbour towns with clear azure waters. And of course modern resorts lining sandy bays too. So Kos is an easy Greek island choice. The hard choice is deciding which of the best places to stay on Kos is the one for you!
Approximately 110kms of long, sandy, gently caressed coastline is what attracts many tourists to Kos now, but many visitors to ancient world Kos were coming for the Asklepieon, a healing centre, academy and temple founded near to where Hippocrates practised. The excavated ruins of the temple are on a hill just 4kms from Kos Town, and are a pilgrimage destination for lots of health professionals. And of course anyone with an interest in the ancient world. Hippocrates himself is said to have practised under the plane tree north of Kos Town's ancient agora.
What Not To Miss
- The ancient agora in Kos Town, which has the ruins of a 3rd-Century BC stoa on one side and a 5th Century basilica on another;
- Enjoy the restorative properties of the natural hot springs at Therma Beach (about 10km from Kos Town).
- The Castle of the Knights, separated from Kos Town by a moat, built at the same time as the castle, in the 14th Century;
- The wonderfully preserved mosaics of the 3rd Century House of Europa in Kos Town.
- Visit the Asklepieion. It is 3km south west of Kos Town.
- For a peek at some of the island's natural treasures, take the two hour boat trip out to volcanic Nissyros and see the unearthly crater of Stephanos, which bubbles with mud, or the wonderful views from the cape of Agios Fokas.
The healing power of a visit to Kos isn't solely something the tourist brochures promise, its rejuvenating powers have been recognised for about a thousand years, so we recommend booking early for one of the best places to stay in Kos.
For luxury on the seafront
- For the best of both worlds which typify Kos, stay at the Aqua Blu Hotel & Spa in Kos Town. It's a modern construction right on the sea front, but its gorgeous sea views and traditional spa treatments can't be far from what Hippocrates would have ordered. Easily one of the best hotels on Kos if you're looking for a beach holiday with a bit more!
- The Kos Aktis Art Hotel is a modern hotel, enjoying a stunning seaside setting. The minimalist rooms are chic and boast fantastic views from their balconies. Spend the day relaxing on the beach or exploring the fascinating town of Kos before returning for delicious Mediterranean cuisine. A coastal gem.
For an Apartment or Holiday Villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a wide range of properties across the island
- Fly to Kos Island International Airport with plentiful connections to the mainland year-round and other European destinations in the summer months
- There's a regular ferry service with connections to other Greek Islands and Athens
- If you'd like to explore all over the island you may want to rent a car. For prices we recommend visiting our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit: June - September provides the warmest weather ideal for beach goers and for exploring the island.
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Kos
- Alternatively check out all our recommendations in the Dodecanese.
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Kos
Kos Aktis Art Hotel Kos, Kos 42 rooms from £97Romantic Break - With stunning sea views and luxurious rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break right on the coast of Kos.Sights nearby - Sights of interest nearby include the Muslim Shrine Lotzias and the Tree of Hippocrates.Local markets - Browse the local markets of Kos and pick up the cream of local produce.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
This modern hotel on the island of Kos, enjoys a stunning seaside setting. The minimalist rooms are chic and boast fantastic views from their balconies. Spend the day relaxing on the beach or exploring the fascinating town of Kos before returning for delicious Mediterranean cuisine. A coastal gem. See More
Ikos Aria Kefalos, Kos 370 rooms from £142Foodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice at this luxury resort, with 8 eateries offering cuisine spanning the Mediterranean to the OrientFamilies - With bright family suites, a children's pool and family-friendly activities, book this hotel for your next summer getawayBeach Life - With a coveted seafront location on the beautiful Greek island of Kos, this hotel is perfect for an unplugged beach breakViews - Great views from hotel
This luxury lifestyle resort hugs the southwest coast of Kos. Sleek, almost all-white suites boast sea views from panoramic windows, while a collection of Michelin-starred chefs whet your appetite in the resort's eight restaurants. Unwind on the beach or stay active with the resort's watersports. See More
Aqua Blu Hotel & Spa Lambi Beach, Kos 53 rooms from £182Romantic BreakHoneymoonsBeach LifeViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels