Search the best hotels in Alentejo
Warm and wide-horizoned, Alentejo's beautiful rural scenery, which changes colour dramatically with the light, is one of the big draws. Reeling you in to the slow, relaxed pace of life here amongst the vineyards, white towns (where many of the best places to stay in the Alentejo can be found) and the megalithic monuments.
Alentejo covers almost a third of Portugal, from the Atlantic coast to the Spanish border and the Algarve, but it has only about seven percent of the population. The charming old white towns, where nothing has changed for decades are sparsely dotted amongst olive groves and cork forests. Alentejo's beaches are beautiful and on a road trip along white cliffs and virginal coasts you'll feel like you're the only people in the world.
It is a relative unknown but vast, so there are plenty of accommodation options. Some of the best places to stay in the Alentejo are the wonderful old farmhouse complexes. Whitewashed and traditional, many now boast all the mod. cons. and have been chicly styled, but are still inexpensive. The Pousadas de Portugal hotels are good options too. These state run hotels occupy stunning old buildings often religious buildings or castles and are priced affordably.
What not to miss:
- Discover the picturesque historic centre of Évora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Stop by the impressive 16th century Amoreira Aqueduct.
- Visit Elvas Fortifications extending five kilometres sat alongside the equally intriguing 18th-century Nossa Senhora da Graça Fort.
- Make a trip to the beautiful hilltop Castle of Marvão.
- Hike through the Arrábida Nature Park.
Although quieter than other areas of Portugal, many of the best places to stay in Alentejo are very popular so do plan ahead and make your booking early.
The Best Places to Stay in Alentejo
Remote, Rural and Romantic Alentejo
The best way to sell it is to say the Alentejo is like Tuscany before everyone visited. But much, much bigger. Places here feel, and treasure, their rural heritage. If you're here looking for a beach just for two, have no fear, there will be plenty to choose from. One of the best places to start looking from is Vila Nova de Mil-Fontes.
- Monte de Fornalha is perfect if you're looking for a rustic retreat. Set in amongst the vineyards, this whitewashed farmhouse has been tastefully and traditionally decorated. With three rooms and three suites, as well as a peaceful pool and terrace, this is one of the best places to stay for those who want to escape the rest of the world.
- If you're looking for remote and romantic, the Casa da Ermida de Santa Catarina is a top Hotel Guru choice. Right on a beautiful lake in the spectacular Parque Natural de Serra de Sao. A fair way off the beaten track, yet with plenty to keep you occupied including wine tasting, nature and fabulous walking.
- Pousada de Beja Sao Francisco is a charmingly traditional pousada in the countryside. Large rooms and suites, simply furnished, offer lots of space and excellent value. Sprawling gardens, pool area, tennis court, wonderful restaurant.
- Monte do Chora Cascas is a fantastic country house in a rural setting. Sunny gardens, large swimming pool, beautiful dining area. Romantic rooms in rustic style have cast iron beds, stone floors, and delicate furnishings.
Food and wine lovers Alentejo
Vino verde accompanied by sardines and shellfish on the barbecue, Alentejo's cuisine is a pleasant surprise to many. Yes, it's rustic, not fancy, but it's fresh, local and original. If you're here for the wine follow the Rota dos Vinhos do Alentejo, or Alentejo Wine Route through the vineyards.
- Wine enthusiasts should book the Herdade da Malhadinha Nova. This restored farmhouse, and gourmet restaurant is on a 450 hectare, family-owned wine estate. The ten rooms and suites are stylish and modern. The emphasis here is definitely on the food and wine - one of the best places to stay for foodies.
- L'And Vineyards is an elegant hideout with an exclusive feel thanks to the modern guest suites with private court yards and outdoor fire places. The tranquil retreat has a formal garden and a swimming pool with lakeside views. A fine restaurant serves excellent Portugese dishes in a relaxed setting.
- Herdade da Malhadinha Nova is a restored farmhouse and gourmet restaurant set on a 450 hectare family-owned wine estate. Contemporary rooms and excellent spa facilities.
As well as being UNESCO listed, Evora is the largest town in the region. Its two thousand year old Templo Romano is an exceptionally fine Roman monument, and it has a chapel of the bones featuring the skulls of around five thousand former locals. Just out of town is the Cromeleque dos Almedres, one of the largest megalithic structures in Europe: an oval of around one hundred granite monoliths.
The ancient walled town of Marvão, with a wonderful castle and museum, is also worth visiting.
- For five star luxury and high design, book a room in M'Ar de AR Aqueduto. It's has a spa and full restaurant facilities and is right in the heart of Evora.
- Pousada de Loios is a wonderfully luxurious old mansion in the town centre. Romantic opulent rooms and suites have high ceilings, golden decorations, stone floors, creamy bedding and big bath tubs.
- The Pousada de Marvao is the one to book for exploring Marvao itself. It is a seriously charming hotel set in four converted townhouses in the heart of the medieval village. Rooms are traditional in style and the restaurant (serving typically regional dishes) has stunning views over the Alentejo plains.
The flat countryside makes hiking and biking a pleasure, though the more traditional way of exploring the place is on horseback…
- If your idea of rural includes opportunities to fish, play golf, surf, play tennis, ride a horse - or bike, or birdwatch etc. then Casas do sal is for you. In addition to all the energetic activities, this wonderfully colourful country house is also well located for local markets. Casas do sal has eight rooms, eight suites and four self catering apartments, so it also works well for larger groups.
- Surfers should book Herdade do reguenguinho - this colourfully decorated B&B is only 10 miles from some of the region's best surf beaches. Also close to Sto Andre, so golfers will be happy too.
- If you're looking for great value, we'd recommend the Hotel Convento de Sao Paolo. Once a convent and now a country house hotel set amongst vineyards, the Hotel Convento has plenty of whitewashed-antique-furniture charm. With tennis, walking and biking on offer, this is ideal for active families.
- Herdade da Matinha is a delightful family-run country house surrounded by verdant hills and not far from the beach. Fabulous farm-fresh food and summer lunches are a speciality of the house. Simple but chic rooms with terraces, a swimming pool, gardens, and horses to explore the area.
- Cerca do Sul is a charming country house B&B with a communal kitchen, gardens, pool, and children's playground. Farmhouse chic bedrooms are excellent value and extra beds can be included.
- Casa do Terreiro do Poco is a sophisticated townhouse B&B with lovely gardens and a pool. Classically elegant rooms, suites and one family apartment with eclectic touches. A sweet terrace and lemon tree lined courtyard. Ideal for families and local exploring.
- Quinta do Barranco da Estrada is an idyllic lakeside hideaway, for complete peace and tranquility in beautiful surroundings. A eco friendly building with charming rustic-chic rooms in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The perfect destination for families with a whole host of outdoor activities.
- Sao Lourenco do Barrocal is the one to book if you're looking for a luxury family holiday amid stunning countryside and with plenty of activities for all ages. The rustic chic accommodation comes in rooms, suites and cottages (the largest of which sleep up to six in three bedrooms), plus there's a bar, restaurant, pool, onsite shop and bikes to borrow.
- Craveiral Farmhouse is another good family choice. Here there's a range of accommodation from studios to cottages, all surrounded by pygmy goats, donkeys, chickens and much more! Children are encouraged to ride the horses, collect the eggs and do gardening workshops, whilst the adults can indulge in a spot of Lu Yong yoga or enjoy an Ayuredic massage. The restaurants serves farm to fork dishes, plus there are three pools (two outdoor) and a spa.
For the coast
- Situated in Comporta village just a stone's throw from the coast and Comporta Beach, Quinta da Comporta is a fabulous resort whose ethos is all about sustainability, relaxation and wellness. Accommodation comes in stylish suites and villas (some with private pools), plus there's a sleek spa, outdoor pool and restaurant serving delicious local, seasonal cuisine.
For a hideaway
- A Serenada Enoturismo is an elegant hotel in the heart of a beautiful winery with cool wine cellar and contemporary bedrooms decorated to complement the natural surroundings.
- Imani Country House is a renovated Portuguese farmhouse replete with every downy comfort. Set in hectares of beautiful gardens, there are two swimming pools and sumptuous suites.
- Tranquility is the order of the day at this heavenly retreat, Sublime Comporta. Minimalist rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation and there is a deluxe wellness centre.
- Estalagem de Monsaraz is a rustic inn perched on a mountain ledge with stunning valley views. Charming rooms and suites have stone floors, wooden furnishings and private balconies.
- Pousada de D Joao IV is a luxurious mansion of five star status. Elegant bedrooms centred around a balustraded garden, there is a swimming pool and excellent traditional cuisine.
- Convento do Espinheiro is a beautiful five star hotel with state of the art facilities. Contemporary classic rooms and suites with private balconies and all the mod cons.
- Da Licenca is a gorgeous cluster of 19th century buildings, turned eight suite luxury hideaway. Interiors are filled with beautifully crafted wooden pieces and bathrooms are a sight to behold with their massive marble tubs! Plus there's a huge round swimming pool and wonderful food to be enjoyed under star filled skies.
For contemporary style
- Brimming with style and modernity, Villa Extramuros is a delightful retreat in rural Portugal. The whitewashed rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated with modern art.
- For a sleek contemporary property just outside Estremoz, Casa Azimute ticks all the right boxes. You'll find varnished cement floors and huge floor to ceiling windows complemented by hand painted tiles and locally woven rugs. Seriously stylish!
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For destinations in southern Alentejo the closest airport is Faro in the Algarve (Faro-Beja takes about two hours by car). You can also fly to Lisbon (ideal for Portalegre and Evora) and drive from there.
- The heat is ferocious during summer, especially inland. The best time to travel is therefore after September or in spring (April - May) when it has cooled down and main roads are less crowded with tourists.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in the Alentejo.
- Alternatively have a look at The Hotel Guru recommendations for the Algarve.
- Or call, or email one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Alentejo
Best Hotels in Alentejo
Estalagem de Monsaraz Alentejo 18 rooms from £52Views - Beautiful valley views.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Cerca do Sul Brejão, Alentejo 7 rooms from £52Value chicFamiliesGreat walks - The village of Odeceixe calls for a nice walk through the main square and narrow streets.Sights nearby - Aljezur is 15 minutes away with quite a few attractions.
Pousada de D Joao IV Vila Viçosa, Alentejo 39 rooms from £705* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakSights nearby - Castelo de Vila Vicosa and Paco Ducal, Jardim de San Pedro and Castelo Do Alandroal.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Herdade da Matinha Alentejo 20 rooms from £71Wellbeing - Fresh air, good food, and communal dining; it's all about simple pleasures!Organic food - All the ingredients are fresh from the surrounding farm and countryside.Country Escape - This hotel is all about the simple life in the countryside.Views - Great views from hotel
A delightful family-run country house surrounded by verdant hills and not far from the beach. Fabulous farm-fresh food and summer lunches are the hub of the house. Simple but chic rooms with terraces, a swimming pool, gardens, and horses to explore the area on. The perfect country escape. See More
Pousada de beja sao francisco Beja, Alentejo 35 rooms from £73Sights nearby - Beja Public Garden, Convento de Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Beja Regional Museum, Praca da Republica, Beja CastleSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Herdade da Rocha Crato, Alentejo 8 rooms from £69Hideaway - A luxurious property set in a quiet spot amidst its own vineyard.Great walks - Discover the surrounding countryside on long walks starting straight from the property.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Tablet
A collection of boutique suites set on a working vineyard next to the slopes of the S. Mameda mountain. Contemporary and chic the suites offer all the mod cons, complete privacy and plenty of space. Unwind by the glorious pool, sample the estate's produce and take long walks through the countryside. See More
Hotel Convento de Sao Paolo Redondo, Alentejo 16 rooms from £69Value chicFamiliesViews - Amazing views over the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - Museum on site!
Tivoli Evora Ecoresort Evora 56 rooms from £73Eco break - A sustainable resort that focuses on being both ecological and giving back to the local communityLocal exploring - Set just a few miles from Évora, a World Heritage City, there's plenty to see locallySpa - The Tivoli Spa offers treatments rooms, indoor pool, sauna, Turkish Baths, Chromatherapy....Sights nearby - Visit the Gothic 12th century Cathedral of Évora
A luxury eco-hotel occupying a secluded and picturesque spot near historic Évora. Smart contemporary suites have a chic white-on-white style offset by cork features (it is locally produced). Featuring both a spa and excellent Portuguese restaurant this is the ideal spot to come and unwind. See More
Casa da Ermida de Santa Catarina SANTA EULáLIA, Alentejo 6 rooms from £78Value chicViews - Great views from hotelRemote - Off the beaten track.LakesideRecommended by - I Escape
Monte da Fornalha Nr Estremoz, Alentejo 3 rooms from £78Value chicRomantic - Good for couples.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
A Serenada Enoturismo Grândola, Alentejo 6 rooms from £78Wine tasting - The property makes its own wines and can organise a tour and tasting.Swimming Pool - Outdoor infinity pool overlooking vineyardsSurfing - Surf lessons at nearby surf schoolFishing - From October 1st until May 30th
An elegant hotel in the heart of a beautiful winery with cool wine cellar and contemporary bedrooms decorated to complement the natural surroundings. A large terrace with bar, and sitting room with magnificent views are both ideal sundown locations. An intimate hideaway, just 15 mins from the beach. See More
Pousada de Marvao Marvão, Alentejo 31 rooms from £78Local exploring - Close proximity to the Marvao Castle, Roman city of Ammaia and a wealth of cathedrals and parks make an ideal exploring baseValue chic - With prices starting at just 90 Euros per night, this hotel provides excellent value for money, in lodgings and locationFamilies - With rooms to accommodate families of all sizes, this hotel is an ideal destination for a low cost family holidayCountry Escape - Located in one of Portugal's most beautiful small rural towns, this hotel is ideal for countryside explorers
Casa do Terreiro do Poco Borba, Alentejo 6 rooms from £82Families - 2 room family apartment.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Casas do sal Alcácer do Sal, Alentejo 8 rooms from £82Value chicFamiliesLocal markets - Good for local colour.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - I Escape
Santiago Hotel Alentejo 32 rooms from £86Value chic - Santiago Hotel is a lovely stay at great value - what more could you ask for?Cooking classes - There are free weekly workshops at A Terra Restaurant - just turn up and get involved!Great walks - Go hiking through the Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa VicentinaSights nearby - Go see the Mirobiga Roman Ruins or head over to Pesseguiero Island
Santiago Hotel is a stunning contemporary property overlooking Santiago do Cacém. It boasts chic whitewashed rooms with wonderful views of the area. Dine out on the terrace and spend your days lounging by the pool. A charming stay - perfect for countryside exploring or simply relaxing in the sun. See More
Quinta do Barranco da Estrada Santa Clara a Velha, Alentejo 9 rooms from £87Country Escape - Tucked away by a stunning lake boasting lovely walks, plenty of watersports and a variety of wildlife and rare birds.Families - A perfect holiday for all the family with a relaxed vibe and plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained.Birdwatching - The surrounding Cork Oak forests are home to a wide variety of birds and the owner is professional guide.Great walks - Make the most of the lovely walks around the lake and bring Frank's dog for an adventure.Recommended by - Sawdays
Pousada Mosteiro do Crato Alentejo 24 rooms from £88Great walks - Hike through the Serra da Penha and make sure to stop off at the wonderful lookout pointBack to Nature - Pousada Mosteiro do Crato is surrounded by gorgeous countrysideSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
Pousada Mosteiro do Crato is set in a rural 14th-century convent in Alentejo. This classy spot offers sleek and contemporary accommodation featuring plenty of warm hues. Make use of the outdoor pool - perfect for a refreshing dip - or simply meander around the gardens. An upmarket rural escape! See More
M'Ar de AR Aqueduto Evora 64 rooms from £995* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSights nearby - Situated in the centre of UNESCO heritage city EvoraSpa
A Five Star design hotel and spa in the centre of Evora. Phillipe Starke elements, dome ceilings, chrome bedrooms and suites, lots of natural light, and huge bathrooms. Extensive meeting rooms and conference facilities. A luxurious spa spot suited to any city or business traveller. See More
Villa Extramuros Arraiolos, Alentejo 3 rooms from £108Country Escape - A minimalist B&B set in rugged countryside, and filled with a contrasting selection of designer features and locally woven rugs.Great walks - There are plenty of lovely walking trails in the surrounding olive groves.Sights nearby - Visit the amazing, unspoilt UNESCO World Heritage Site city of Evora.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
Brimming with style and modernity, Villa Extramuros is a delightful retreat in rural Portugal. Its whitewashed rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated with modern art. In the evening enjoy Mediterranean cuisine in the villa's restaurant. Perfect for a romantic escape. See More
Torre de Palma Wine Hotel Alentejo 19 rooms from £117Great walks - Head off to the beautiful Serra De São Mame National Park, 40 minutes awayViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.SpaRecommended by - Sawdays, Tablet
Torre de Palma Wine Hotel is set in an historical building dating back to the 14th-century, typical of Alentejo in its whitewashed façade. The boutique modern interiors belie the hotel's exterior and are filled with an array of colourful furnishings and pieces of artwork. A fantastic rural escape! See More
Imani Country House Guadalupe, Alentejo 7 rooms from £117Garden - Set in two hectares of gardens.Eco - Everything is green.Swimming Pool - 2 swimming pools.Country EscapeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Casa Azimute Estremoz, Alentejo 6 rooms from £121Back to Nature - Sparsley inhabited, unspoilt region that's perfect for hiking and stargazingHoneymoons - Pillow menus, private terraces and in-house massagesSights nearby - Visit the impressive marble quarries in the areaSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Craveiral Farmhouse Alentejo from £121Families - With larger houses available and a range of activities to keep the kids busy, this hotel offers a perfect getaway for all agesActive Holiday - The hotel boasts 2 pools, a gym and a range of activities such as hiking, diving, horse riding and canoeing for active guestsCountry Escape - Set in rural Alentejo, this property is a perfect base for guests to explore Portugal's rugged and captivating rural scenerSpa
Herdade da Cortesia Alentejo 30 rooms from £124Remote - Off the beaten track.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.LakesideSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Herdade da Cortesia enjoys a lovely location - situated in between Maranhão Lake and the charming town of Avis. This sleek 4* boasts understatedly classy accommodation with lovely views of the area, as well as a splendid restaurant and plenty of activities for the whole family to get stuck into. See More
Pousada de Loios Evora 39 rooms from £125Romantic BreakLuxuryRomantic - Good for couples.Sights nearby - Gothic Cathedral of Évora and the Temple of Diana.
A wonderfully luxurious old mansion in the town centre. Romantic opulent rooms and suites have high ceilings, golden decorations, stone floors, creamy bedding and big bath tubs. Excellent restaurant serving traditional thoroughfare, gardens and swimming pool. A great choice for couples. See More
Sao Lourenco do Barrocal Alentejo 40 rooms from £147Great walks - The surrounding area is full of lovely walking routes.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Monsaraz Castle.Spa - Suzanne Kaufmann SpaDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Herdade do reguenguinho Santiago de Cacém, Alentejo 8 rooms from £139Beach Life - An excellent base for surf enthusiasts. The owner will point you in the right direction to find the best waves.Sights nearby - Explore the pretty Roman Evora a World Heritage town.Surfing - A nearby surf school for all levels.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Recommended by - I Escape
Casas Caiadas Sabugueiro, Alentejo 3 rooms from £139Romantic Break - The tranquil natural setting and well-appointed villas make this a great destination for a romantic getawayCountry Escape - Located in the rolling countryside of the Alentejo region, this hotel makes for a unique country escapeGroups - The larger of the self-catering villas is perfect for a group, accommodating up to six peopleGreat walks - Explore the beautiful natural landscape surrounding the hotel on a long walk; the city of Évora is within walking distance
This boutique hotel is located in the countryside in Sabugueiro. The traditional, whitewashed villas have elegant, bright interiors with a rustic finish; guests can use self-catering facilities in the social house. Relax in the tranquil hotel garden before a dip in the pool. A unique country escape. See More
Convento do Espinheiro Evora 92 rooms from £154Spa breaks5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakFoodies
A beautiful Five Star hotel with state of the art facilities. Contemporary classic rooms and suites with private balconies and all the mod cons. Lovely terraces with views, top of the range spa, kids club, and excellent restaurant. A holiday spot for the luxury traveller. See More
TEIMA São Teotónio, Alentejo 9 rooms from £156Country Escape - Located on the site of an abandoned farm, and with an area still reserved for animals, this hotel makes a great country escapeHideaway - Located in the countryside of Alentejo, this hotel is the perfect hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's soft cotton sheets, cosy rooms and impressive outdoor poolGreat walks - Plan a day of long walks in Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano, the national park which is situated near the hotelRecommended by - I Escape
This boutique hotel is located in the countryside outside of São Teotónio, Portugal. Rooms are divided into three colour schemes with unique artworks, luxurious linens and either pool or garden views; book the Blue Room for a private terrace. Relax by the pretty outdoor pool; a chic country escape. See More
Alentejo Marmoris Alentejo 45 rooms from £161Sights nearby - Be sure to check out Vila Viçosa Castle or the Ducal PalaceSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Alentejo Marmoris is located in the quaint town of Vila Viçosa. Chic rooms are contemporary in design with monochrome tones, clean lines and elegant marble bathrooms. Feast on exquisite cuisine, lounge by the enormous pool and spend days exploring the cultural attractions of the region. See More
Sublime Comporta Alentejo 14 rooms from £161Beach Life - Nestled in the sleepy fishing village of Comporta in Portugal’s rustic Alentejo, just a short stroll from a beautiful beach.Romantic Break - A secluded and sedate getaway, with daily tasting menu, deluxe spa, stunning views and design accents.Surfing - Right on the Atlantic ocean, it's a good spot for surfing, especially in autumn.Cooking classes - Traditional Portuguese cooking lessons are offered by the head chef.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
Tranquility is the order of the day at this heavenly retreat. Minimalist rooms and villas with pools are designed for comfort and relaxation and are complemented by the hotel's deluxe wellness centre. Relax in the stunning outdoor pool area and in the evening enjoy delicious regional cuisine. See More
L'And Vineyards Montemor-o-Novo, Alentejo 26 rooms from £208Sights nearby - Town of Montemor-o-Novo.Secluded setting - For escaping.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
L'And Vineyards is a design-driven hideout with an exclusive feel made up of a cluster of low-lying, white modernist buildings, with interiors by Brazilian designer Marcio Kogan. The tranquil retreat has a formal garden and a swimming pool with lakeside views. Michelin-starred cuisine. See More
Herdade da Malhadinha Nova Beja, Alentejo 10 rooms from £217Foodies - A gourmet menu with fantastic wine.Wine tasting - 450 hectare estate with vineyards.Gourmet - The emphasis is on food and wine.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Dá Licença Estremoz, Alentejo 7 rooms from £234Great walks - The region invites walkers to amble through historic villages and over rolling hills through olive groves and rugged landscapesRemote - Set in the Alentejo region, Portugal's rugged yet serene and inviting landscapes are displayed to their full, tranquil beautyOutstanding location - In Upper Alentejo, amid olive groves under vast blue skies near Eztremoz, a historic and charming town hewn from pink marbleSights nearby - The nearby town, as well as the region itself, offers exquisite rural charm, particularly the pink marble architecture
Quinta da Comporta Alentejo 73 rooms from £255Romantic Break - With boutique guestrooms, a tranquil location and charming restaurant, book this hotel for a peaceful romantic getawaySpa breaks - Offering a wellness centre that is focused on holistic treatment, book this hotel for your next spa getawayTotal relaxation - With a pool, spa and restaurant onsite, this hotel promises a completely stress-free breakSailing - Explore the coast from a fresh perspective on a sailing trip; book through the hotel for great dealsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This chic lifestyle hotel is located alongside the rice fields of Comporta. Inside the stylish suites and private villas, designer Miguel Cåncio Martins has made his mark with an emphasis on natural materials and a nod to the history of this old farm, plus a sleek spa and an excellent restaurant. See More