Search the best hotels in Holt
A north Norfolk gem, the Georgian town of Holt is a popular destination for laid-back lovers of history and the great outdoors. A pretty market town, Holt features a select array of accommodation including lovely pubs-with-rooms and some appealing boutique spots catering to a range of budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Holt promises characterful retreats for intimate couples or relaxed families eager to explore this striking region.
Home to antique shops, art galleries and bookshops, the winding lanes of central Holt are wonderful for a scenic stroll or some shopping. You’ll find funky cafés and eateries dotted along the high street, hidden down little alleyways, or set in the surrounding countryside. History buffs will delight in following the Holt Owl Trail, with plaques marking the town’s key landmarks, which include some impressive Georgian buildings as well as the 13th-century St Andrew’s Church.
Venture to the coast for lazy beach days, or discover Holt Country Park, a 100 acre woodland criss-crossed with nature trails, picnic spots and a fun playground. Spot seals at Blakeney Point, enjoy some of the UK’s best birdwatching, try riding, cycling and hiking across Norfolk’s unspoilt terrain, and head to the Broads National Park to marvel at fascinating flora and fauna. Culture aficionados will love visiting the nearby Letheringsett Watermill and admiring the ruins of Baconsthorpe Castle, too. Look out for a plethora of exciting annual events — including Holt’s lively summer festival, where you can expect fabulous food and creative performances.
Small and tranquil, the best places to stay in Holt are brilliant for couples or families, and you’ll find friendly teams offering stacks of recommendations for brilliant beaches, heritage sites and excellent foodie spots. Book your stay well in advance if travelling during the summer months, as our favourite little hideaways fill up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in Holt
For a central stay
- Byfords promises a charming stay in the oldest building in Holt. The 16 rooms are cosy and characterful, with leather armchairs, Bang & Olufsen speakers and lovely bathrooms — which also have underfloor heating. Enjoy tasty treats in the deli and unwind in blissful tranquility. Set in the heart of Holt, this is the perfect base for exploring the town as a couple or family.
For a rural retreat
- The King's Head is a gorgeous Georgian inn with four elegant bedrooms. Surrounded by fields dotted with grazing cows, this is an idyllic pub-with-rooms close to Holt. Pick this place for the family-friendly feel (including a kids' play area), the fantastic pub fare and the sense of a rural escape.
For A HOLIDAY COTTAGE OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Norwich International Airport and travel by road (30 minutes), bus (50 minutes) or rail (1 hour) to Holt from there.
- Alternatively, catch the train from London (Liverpool St Station) to Sheringham, and take a short taxi ride to Holt. The journey from London should take around 4 hours by rail and 2.5 by car.
- Norfolk is a wonderful region to discover by road. If you would like to rent a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- July and August are Holt’s warmest months, with temperatures reaching average highs of around 22°C, making this the best time to visit. Come during the spring for long, bright days and to avoid the crowds.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
- Alternatively, check out our pick of all the best place to stay in Norfolk.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Holt
Best Hotels in Holt
The Kings Head, Holt Holt (North Norfolk) 4 rooms from £110Country Escape - Expect fantastic food, warm service, open fireplaces and excellent walking country.Great walks - Take long walks along Blakeney beach and through the National Nature Reserve.Sailing - Take a boat from Morston Quay to spot Norfolk's seals.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Holkham Hall Estate.
A charming country inn with beautifully styled interiors and impeccable pub fare. Four elegantly styled rooms are traditional yet unfussy, with well placed art, crisp white linen and soft pastel hues; dog-friendly, too. The restaurant uses mainly local produce and there's a great ale selection too. See More
Byfords Holt (North Norfolk) 16 rooms from £155Sights nearby - The famous stately home of Sheringham Park is just a short drive away.Great walks - Peddars Way and the Norfolk Coast Path are popular amongst ramblers.Sailing - Take a boat out in search for whales, seals, dolphins and porpoises.Local markets - Visit Holt's Farmer's Market, held every Saturday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Holt's oldest building, a former ironmongers, this hotel promises an Olde World country stay. Rooms are decorated in a traditional style with sumptuous beds, soft throws and Bang & Olufsen sound systems. Bathrooms have underfloor heating. A bustling deli and café attracts locals and tourists alike. See More