8 Family Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk is a diverse county, from its pretty stretch of coastline to its country estates and beautiful countryside, there is plenty to do here to keep everyone entertained. Our hotel experts have selected an equally diverse range for the best family hotels in Norfolk: from chic hotels with swimming pools to self-catering lodges and even a few yurts! With something for all tastes and budgets, why not browse through our family friendly hotels in Norfolk to start planning your next trip?
For a swimming pool
- The Blakeney is a traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's harbour. Country styled rooms are spacious and the best have sea views. With an abundance of in-house facilities (including an indoor pool) and plenty of activities nearby, this is the perfect choice for a family break.
For a pub stay
- Bedingfeld Arms is a cosy countryside inn. Recently renovated rooms are traditional yet have a fresh modern feel. Adjoining rooms are particularly accommodating to those travelling with children. Downstairs the pub serves hearty British fare. Best yet, four-legged friends are as welcome as children.
- Goldings is another country pub well suited to families. Interiors are reassuringly traditional. Once again, pets are welcome and the larger suites can accommodate children.
- The Boathouse Norfolk is a charming renovated pub with a lovely waterside location. Simple interiors combine contemporary design with rustic touches. For families, the luxury lodges with a separate living space and self-catering facilities is the ideal pick.
- Chalk and Cheese is a converted school offering chic accommodation with options of either B&B or self-catering cottages and lodges. Simple interiors with white on white style highlighting the building's original features. A great base to return to after a day spent outdoors.
For a coastal stay
- The Crown Hotel is a delightful hotel and bar in the coastal town of Wells next the Sea. rooms are elegant with sash windows and antiques. A traditional restaurant uses local produce to great effect and there's a buzzing bar too. Just minutes from the coastal path and with family rooms available, this is perfect for an outdoorsy family break.
- Victoria Inn is a comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away, this is a perfect spot for a rural escape with the family.
For a luxury break
- The Grove is a family run hotel that's been passed down through three generations. Boasting a secluded setting within mature gardens, an indoor pool and massage hut this is a place to come and unwind. With family rooms available, and yurts to choose from too, this hotel (despite its grown up feel) is very accommodating to families.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk or our recommendations for the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast.
- Browse through our collection of hotels with hot tubs in Norfolk or Norfolk's most romantic hotels or the best country house hotels in Norfolk or hotels with sea views in Norfolk of the best bed and breakfasts in Norfolk.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Blakeney Hotel Blakeney, Norfolk 64 rooms from £228Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Spacious country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows & many with sea views. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families. See More
Bedingfeld Arms Oxborough, Norfolk 9 rooms from £69Foodies - Locally sourced meats and a private vegetable garden provide the ingredients for hearty, healthy and traditional fareHideaway - Withdraw and unwind in the heart of rural Norfolk, miles away from the demanding buzz of modern life.Families - Some rooms adjoin and the connecting doors can be opened, which is ideal for families with children.Country Escape - A more gentle pace of life - crisp early-morning woodland walks await at the Bedingfield Arms.
Cosy countryside inn offering comfort and tranquillity. Recently renovated rooms are inviting with classic wooden furniture, traditional fabrics and carefully considered colour schemes. The heart of the inn is its authentic pub restaurant and bar space with fireplace and armchairs. Dog-friendly. See More
Goldings King's Lynn (North Norfolk) 6 rooms from £91Local exploring - With its prime location in the centre of town, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in and around NorfolkFamilies - With larger suites available that can accommodate children, this pub with rooms is a great option for familiesCountry Escape - Located in a traditional country pub, this hotel makes for an authentic rural retreatLocal markets - Wander around Lynn's bustling markets held on Tuesday's and Saturday's at the Market Place
This charming historic pub with rooms in Norfolk. Chic guestrooms feature plush linens, sink-into carpets and contemporary furniture; book the Rush Suite for heritage features and family-sized living space. Unwind in the cosy pub after a long walk; an inviting country escape. See More
The Boathouse Norfolk East Coast Norfolk 6 rooms from £81Country Escape - This is a great spot for a rural escape, with a national park as well as the beautiful Norfolk coast within easy distanceFoodies - Foodies will love the pub's gastro dining experience, offering contemporary British dishes in a cosy atmosphereFamilies - The self-catering lodges are great for families travelling with childrenGreat walks - Bask in the picturesque Norfolk coastline on a long walk; your hosts will be happy to give you pointers on pretty routes
This charming renovated pub with rooms sits on the waterside in Norfolk. Simple interiors combine contemporary design with rustic touches, from pine fittings to exposed beams; book a luxury lodge for separate living space and self-catering facilities. Dine in the gastropub; a cosy rural getaway. See More
Chalk & Cheese North Norfolk 6 rooms from £70Local exploring - A characterful and classically British base to explore the pretty Norfolk coast from.Great walks - Find picturesque walking trails starting from nearby the property.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming Victorian schoolhouse turned B&B, plus self catering cottage and lodges, set on a pretty village green near the Norfolk coast. Brimming with character throughout the rooms are a mix of chintz fabrics, antiques and traditional artwork. Expect hearty breakfasts and superb walking country. See More
The Crown Hotel Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 17 rooms from £100Local exploring - Located in a lively beachside town ideally placed for accessing Norfolk's coastline and main sites.Sights nearby - The county is host to a number of stately homes including Sandringham Estate, Sheringham Park and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Embark on long walks along some of the 43 miles of coastline Norfolk has to offer.Sailing - Take a seal spotting trip to Blakeney Harbour.
The Grove Norfolk 19 rooms from £120Local exploring - Perfecty located to explore the best of Norfolk's sites.Great walks - Take long walks along the beautiful coastline.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A family run hotel that's been passed down through three generations. Boasting a secluded setting within mature gardens, an indoor pool and massage hut this is a place to come and unwind. As suitable for children as is for a romantic weekend away. It has a fantastic British restaurant too. See More
Victoria Inn Holkham, Norfolk 20 rooms from £165Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant. See More