The 17 Best Romantic Hotels in Capri
Picturesque Capri ticks all the boxes for a romantic getaway with pretty beaches, coves, and nature trails for some quiet time alone and then world-class restaurants in Capri town for the evening. Many of the hotels on the island are well suited to a couples' getaway with chic boutique-style properties favoured over larger resorts — perfect for an intimate stay. Our hotel experts have searched the length and breadth of the island to bring you a collection of the best romantic hotels in Capri. Whether you are in search of a five-star stay, a property packed with old-world charm or a hotel with a standout spa — there is something to suit most trips here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next break?
For a historic stay
- Casa Raiola is a romantic 18th-century building brimming with original features and true Italian charm. The two apartments boast opulent rooms featuring heavy antique furniture, chintz fabrics and french doors leading onto the terrace. An ideal hideaway for two.
- Casa Mariantonia is set in tranquil Anacapri and is a picture-perfect pink villa that is one of the oldest hotels on the island. The accommodation blends classical style with modern amenities whilst there's also a beautiful garden with a pool in which to relax with a book. The restaurant is noteworthy too. An intimate choice for couples.
- Hotel La Minerva is a charming 18-room hotel which has been in the same family for three generations. Built in typical island style, with sweeping arches, cross-vaulted ceilings and cheerful majolica-tiled floors. Spread over five gently terraced levels inching towards the sea — this is a classic romantic Capri stay.
For a B&B
- Il Giardino Dell'Arte is a beautiful B&B hidden amidst the vineyards of peaceful Anacapri. Stylishly designed rooms feature mosaic tiled floors, crisp white linen, cast iron beds and fabulous garden views. A spoiling breakfast is served and the property even boasts its own pool. A wonderfully romantic hideaway.
- B&B A Casa Mia is an adults-only B&B with three tastefully appointed rooms in Capri's historic centre. Spend your days at the beach, located just a short distance away, or enjoy a good book in the garden. A lovely spot for a quiet couple's escape.
- Hotel La Canasta is an immaculately kept and personally run B&B with great attention to detail. Attractively furnished, expect whitewashed walls and tiled floors. Spotless rooms ooze unfussy elegance with wrought iron beds, colourful pictures, and smart fabrics. Complete with a pool — this is a well-priced hideaway for two.
- The five-star Casa Morgano boasts traditionally elegant accommodation — think plenty of antiques, tiled flooring and large balconies. With an atmospheric terraced restaurant that specialises in seafood, a secluded location, and easy access to the beach — this is an indulgent hideaway for couples.
- Villa Marina hits all the marks with lavish rooms that are individually decorated and afford epic views over the Bay of Naples (perfect for hiding away with your significant other). While a deluxe spa and excellent Mediterranean cuisine complete the picture on this luxe getaway.
For a boutique
- Hotel Luna is an elegant boutique hotel that boasts a stunning location on a bluff towering above the cobalt blue seascape. Rooms are stylish, the location is secluded (although actually close to Capri's town centre) and there's a hip rooftop lounge bar for tapas and cocktails. Ideal for trendy young couples.
- JK Place Capri boasts artistic elegance straight from the pages of a coffee table book. Just steps from the ocean this chic hotel offers unbeatable views from its terrace, stunning rooms with balconies in maritime creams, whites and blues and a fantastic swimming pool area. Utterly divine and undeniably romantic.
For old-world charm
- Hotel Capri is a wonderfully romantic hotel with views over the Bay of Capri whilst offering a very central location within steps of the Piazzetta. Traditional, elegant bedrooms have private balconies, pastel furnishings and antique furniture. An exceptional spot with plenty of old world charm.
- Hotel Caesar Augustus oozes old-world glamour and charm with a selection of plush rooms, a superb restaurant and stunning views of Mount Vesuvius. The perfect place for a relaxing, romantic break.
For the beach
- Art-Nouveau Excelsior Parco features eleven smart, typically Mediterranean rooms with spoiling sea views. Spend the day on the beach (a few minutes' walk away) before returning to relax in the rooftop garden. A relaxing stay perfect for a quiet hideaway for two.
- Villa Brunella offers glamour and elegance but with a laid back ambiance typical of a family-run Italian hotel. A series of terraces sprawl across the hillside, there's a glorious pool with sun terrace, and smart rooms featuring balconies. Candle lit dinners with killer views are perfect for couples while guests have access to the private beach club in the Marina Piccola Bay.
For a hideaway
- Set amidst landscaped gardens with an infinity pool, Orsa Maggiore boasts simple yet chic accommodation — think tiled flooring and creamy hues. Tuck into buffet breakfasts each morning and enjoy local specialities at the restaurant. A peaceful retreat that's ideal for romantic getaways.
For the spa
- Miami glitz meets Capri chic at Capri Tiberio Palace. Stylish suites in elegant tones offer the last word in luxury and the terrace restaurant provides superb food and wonderful views. The piece de resistance is the spa, set over two floors. Perfect for a rejuvenating couple's break.
For the views
- La Scalinatella boasts an enviable hilltop location offering stunning views of Capri's coast. Its elegantly decorated rooms feature antique furnishings, large beds and private terraces. Plus you'll find two outdoor pools both with panoramic views and a Mediterranean restaurant. A luxury choice for two.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse all our recommended hotels in Capri.
- Dip into our list of recommendations for the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast.
- Consider our options of the best places to stay in Naples.
- Look at our selection of the best five star in Capri or the best boutique hotels in Capri.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Casa Raiola Capri 6 rooms from £121Romantic Break - An elegant renaissance style property on the glamorous island of Capri.Sailing - Charter a boat and spend a day exploring the island by sea.Traditional - An elegant 18th century building brimming with charmFull of character
An elegant 18th-century building on Capri brimming with original features and true Italian charm. The two apartments boast opulent rooms featuring heavy antique furniture, chintz fabrics and french doors leading onto the terrace. You're just steps from some of the island's best restaurants. See More
Il Giardino dell'Arte Anacapri (NA), Capri 5 rooms from £103Romantic Break - An intimate hideaway on the glamorous island of Capri.Sights nearby - Visit the archaeological remains of one of the Emperor Tiberius' twelve island villas.Sailing - Hire a boat and spend the day cruising round the picturesque island.Swimming Pool - There is a small plunge pool in the garden
A beautiful B&B hidden amidst the vineyards of peaceful Anacapri. Stylishly designed rooms feature mosaic tiled floors, crisp white linen, cast iron beds and fabulous garden views. A spoiling breakfast is served and the property even boasts its own pool. A wonderfully romantic hideaway. See More
B&B A Casa Mia Capri 3 rooms from £113Beach Life - B&B A Casa Mia is the ideally placed to explore Capri's lovely coastRomantic Break - Adults only and an intimate atmosphereGreat walks - Wander along the coast and admire the breathtaking views at sunsetSights nearby - Take a boat out to see Capri's iconic I Faraglioni rock formations
Casa Mariantonia Capri 9 rooms from £121Sights nearby - Situated in the centre of Anacapri, so close to the charming artisan shops and public transport for getting out and aboutGreat walks - Hike up Monte Solaro, or wander along the beach at sunset and take in the magnificent viewsSwimming Pool - Lovely outdoor pool with plenty of loungers for lazy daysTraditional
Set in an historic pink building, Casa Mariantonia is a delightful property in the heart of Anacapri. The accommodation blends classical style with modern amenities whilst there's also a beautiful garden with pool in which to relax with a book. Restaurant and wine bar for dining. Utterly charming! See More
Hotel La Minerva Capri 16 rooms from £139Romantic Break - A romantic hotel, with all the glamour of Capri coupled with the intimacy of it's secluded gardens and lovely seaviews.Great walks - Head out on one of the walking trials through the stunning rugged countrysideSailing - Book a romantic sunset cruise around the island, an unforgettable experience.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Set in a tranquil garden of deliciously scented mimosa, almond and citrus trees. Spread over five terraced levels inching towards the sea with sweeping arches, cross-vaulted ceilings and majolica-tiled floors. Light and sunny rooms in blues and whites. A great choice for an intimate escape. See More
Excelsior Parco Capri 11 rooms from £198Romantic Break - Excelsior Parco boasts lovely accommodation in a stunning settingBeach Life - Just a short distance from Capri's stunning sandy beachesTotal relaxation - Treat yourself to a massage or unwind in the hot tubGreat walks - Stroll along the beach at sunset and marvel at the gorgeous views - wonderfully romantic
The Art-Nouveau Excelsior Parco features eleven smart, typically Mediterranean rooms with spoiling sea views. Spend the day on the beach before coming back to relax with a good book in the rooftop garden. Wonderful breakfasts are served up each morning. An idyllic couples retreat! See More
Hotel Luna Capri NA 50 rooms from £187Romantic Break - Rooms with stunning seaside views, long walks on the beach, and an on site restaurant for romantic evening mealsBack to Nature - Make the most of the stunning views and local boat tours by exploring the surrounding islandsHoneymoons - This secluded, picturesque spot of natural beauty, is the perfect location for honeymoonersGreat walks - Explore the Via Krupp pathway carved into the rocks that leads to the beach
Hotel Luna is set in a gorgeous location, with stunning views of the Faragloni rocks and the sea. It boasts a variety of spacious rooms and suites, with on site spa facilities for those looking to relax. Romantic candlelit evening meals on the terrace are a must! Boat tours are also available. See More
Villa Brunella Capri 20 rooms from £208Romantic Break - The ultimate romantic getaway with luxurious suites and private access to the most beautiful beach in Capri.Great walks - A walking path overlook the Faraglioni rock formations starts from near the hotel.Tennis - Check out the nearby tennis courts, ask at the hotel for details.Views - Panoramic views over the Marina Piccola
Glamour and elegance but with a laid back ambiance typical of a family-run Italian hotel. A series of terraces sprawl across the hillside. Glorious pool with sun terrace and smart rooms featuring balconies. Candle lit dinners with killer views. A great setting for romance. See More
Casa Morgano Capri 28 rooms from £217Beach Life - Casa Morgano is located just a short distance from the beach so you can spend your days lounging by the seasideRomantic Break - Luxurious accommodation, splendid views and first-rate service!Great walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning sea views - wonderfully romantic!Sights nearby - Be sure to visit Villa Jovis, remains of an ancient Roman Palace built in AD 27
The 5* Casa Morgano boasts traditionally elegant accommodation - think plenty of antiques, tiled flooring and large balconies. Tuck into splendid seafood dishes in the restaurant and spend your days exploring the island's lovely coast. A dreamy stay that's the perfect option for a couples retreat! See More
Villa Marina Capri 21 rooms from £267Romantic Break - A luxorious and pampering getaway for two, with an incredible spa, lovely grounds, lavish suites and fantastic food.Total relaxation - Unwind by the pool with a good book, stroll down to Capri’s Marina Grande, sip on cocktails and let yourself go.Great walks - Make the most of the Capri coastline on your doorstep and head off to explore.Sailing - The perfect port of call for a sailing trip around the Tyrrhenian Sea.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Tablet
Prioritising tranquility and luxury, Villa Marina is a superb hotel on the picturesque island of Capri. The lavish rooms are individually decorated and afford fantastic views over the Bay of Naples. With a deluxe spa and excellent Mediterranean cuisine, it's perfect for a relaxing, romantic escape. See More
La Scalinatella Capri 30 rooms from £359Sights nearby - Hop on a boat to go see the picturesque Il Faraglioni rock formations - just be sure to remember your cameraSwimming Pool - There are two outdoor pools, one on the top terrace, the other more intimate, at a lower level.Great walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning sea views - wonderfully romantic!Views - From its elevated position, you can enjoy epic views over the Marina Piccola
The 5* La Scalinatella boasts an enviable hilltop location offering stunning views of Capri's coast. Its elegantly decorated rooms feature antique furnishings, large beds and private terraces. Plus you'll find two outdoor pools both with panoramic views, mediterranean restaurant & gym. Utterly fab! See More
Orsa Maggiore Capri 14 rooms from £382Romantic Break - Gorgeous views, lovely accommodation and top-notch food make this the ideal spot for a romantic getawayBeach Life - Orsa Maggiore is located just a short distance from Capri's beautiful beachesTotal relaxation - Take full advantage of their extensive spa treatmentsSights nearby - Go see Axel Munthe's charming Villa San Michele or head out by boat to the I Faraglioni rock formationsRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Set amidst landscaped gardens with an infinity pool, Orsa Maggiore boasts simple yet chic accommodation - think tiled flooring and creamy hues. Tuck into buffet breakfasts each morning and enjoy local specialities at the restaurant. A peaceful retreat that's ideal for romantic getaways. See More
Capri Tiberio Palace Capri 46 rooms from £420Romantic Break - A stunning hotel in the ultimate romantic destination with poolside loungers, and chic designer decor.Spa breaks - A meticulously designed modern spa focusing on oriental zen with an extensive therapy list.Sailing - Head up the Amalfi coast or around Capri on a romantic private boat tour.Sights nearby - Take a guided tour through the narrow streets of Capri and Anacapri.Recommended by - Michelin Travel, Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Miami glitz meets Capri chic at Tiberio Palace. Stylish suites in elegant tones offer the last word in luxury and the terrace restaurant provides superb food and wonderful views. The piece de resistance is the spa, set over two floors. A spa escape for romantics and foodies. See More
JK Place Capri Capri 22 rooms from £729Romantic Break - An elegant hotel in the Roman old town, on a cliff overlooking the harbor with indulgent suites oozing romance.Diving - Explore the off shore underworld. Lessons available with the hotel's qualified instructor.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the 200 year old Pompeii and Herculaneum.Tennis - There are courts nearby and coaching available on request.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Artistic elegance straight from the pages of a coffee table book. Just steps from the ocean this chic hotel offers unbeatable views from its terrace. Stunning rooms with balconies in maritime creams, whites and blues and a fantastic swimming pool area. Utterly divine and undeniably romantic. See More
Hotel La Canasta Capri 16 rooms from £121Local exploring - Perfectly placed with easy access to both Capri's high-end stores and Faraglioni beachGreat walks - Head out on a walk on one of the trails through the beautiful countrysideSwimming Pool - Lovely outdoor pool with terrace and loungersTennis - Courts nearby
Immaculately kept and personally run with great attention to detail. Attractively furnished, intimate B&B - white-walled, tile-floored, Capri style. Spotless rooms ooze unfussy elegance with wrought iron beds, colourful pictures, and smart fabrics. Stylish pool. A wonderfully romantic destination. See More
Caesar Augustus Anacapri NA, Capri 55 rooms from £312Honeymoons - With luxurious suites and glorious views of Mount Vesuvius and the bay of Naples, it's perfect for a honeymoon.Local exploring - A lovely base to return to after a long day exploring the picturesque island of Capri.Great walks - Take beautiful sunset walks along the Capri coastline.Sights nearby - Visit the island's famous Blue Grotto.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux