The 10 Best Value Hotels on Lake Garda
Italy’s spectacular lakes are known for being as glamorous as they are beautiful, so it may seem an unlikely place to be considering a low cost holiday. Actually, Lake Garda is a great spot for keeping costs low. Verona is a 15 mile bus ride from the lake, and plenty of low cost airlines fly there, so then it’s just a matter of choosing the best value hotels on Lake Garda, and our Gurus have done that work for you, they've even picked out their 10 best value hotels on Lake Garda to share with you. Some of their recommendations are great value because they're just plain inexpensive, but some offer really good value, with the features and facilites of a much more expensive hotel.
Their recommendations for the 10 best value hotels on Lake Garda include special suggestions for families, foodies and those looking for an active, but inexpensive break. The lake itself is a wonderful playground, with lovely towns and villages dotted around it - easily reached by the ferries that criss-cross the water. There are castles, groves of citrus fruits and olives, mountains to hike as well as the shore and plenty of local sights worth a look-in. You’ll also find a wealth of options when it comes to meals, with plenty of inexpensive but delicious pizza, pasta and local wine on the menu.
The 10 Best Value Hotels on Lake Garda
The Best Value Hotels right on Lake Garda
- Salò’s Hotel Laurin is a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites, also right on the shores of Lake Garda. Converted from an elegant 20th Century villa, guests can expect parquet floors, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant.
- Hotel du Lac in Gargnano is a family owned and run property with just twelve rooms and a fabulous dining terrace that almost hovers above the water! Perfect for a traditional base right on the lake.
- Hotel Gardenia al Lago is an elegant villa with twenty five rooms and a fabulous lakeside location. Family owned and run, you can expect lovely traditional rooms filled with frescoes and antique furniture. A quiet, friendly, charming hotel with prices from only €120 per night including breakfast.
The Best Value Hotels on Lake Garda for Families
- In Sirmione, the Villa Pioppi is an elegant, seven room villa set within two hectares of beautiful parkland, with a swimming pool, a sun terrace and a private beach. The rooms are large, and some have lake views and private balconies. And they also offer a babysitting service.
The Best Value Hotels on Lake Garda for Foodies
- Gardesana is in the showpiece fishing village of Torri del Benaco, has 34 simple, comfortable rooms, great views and, of course, excellent food.
- In Gardone Riviera, the Locanda Agli Angeli is a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams, and there’s a small pool.
- Salò’s Hotel Locanda Del Benaco has rooms with floor to ceiling windows, luxurious bathrooms and hot tubs. Its wonderful in-house restaurant has a covered patio overlooking the lake, but you're also within easy reach of town if you want to eat elsewhere. Rooms start from €120 B&B per night.
The Best Value Hotels on Lake Garda for an Active Holiday
- Right on the shore in Salò, the Hotel Bellerive is a charming mid-sized hotel with 46 large, stylish rooms plus an outdoor pool, a fantastic Italian concept restaurant, and sailing and golfing opportunities nearby.
- For anyone looking to experience the great outdoors as well as the watersports the lake has to offer, try Tenuta Le Sorgive, a beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. Simple traditional rooms come with continental breakfast. Explore the orchards and vineyards or head out on a pony trek through the surrounding hills. A wonderful spot to re-engage with mother nature.
The Best Value Restaurants with Rooms on Lake Garda
- Osteria Antico Brolo in Gardone Riviera is a gorgeous restaurant with four chic, all-white rooms and suites you can stay in. Private and comfortable, and very good value, with rooms starting from only €80 per night including breakfast.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 10 best value hotels on Lake Garda might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda?
- Or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda? or the best budget hotels on Lake Garda?
- Or refine your search by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione? or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The 10 Best Value Hotels on Lake Garda
Hotel Laurin 30 rooms from £123Salò
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday.Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Gardenia al Lago 25 rooms from £105Villa di Gargnano
An elegant villa overlooking Lake Garda. Edwardian style rooms with antiques, frescoes, views and all the mod cons. Sun terrace, beach and Italian dishes. Exquisite views across the lake, and lots of activities nearby. An understated but very romantic choice for a weekend of exploring.Active Holiday - Activities on the lake: sailing, diving, kayaking. On dry land, choice of walking tours and riding, plus fishing in Lake GardaSights nearby - Boat trips to Bogliaco, Palazzo Bettoni, Gargnano, Palazzo Feltrinelli, Villa Feltrinelli, and the Santella dei Pescatori.Great walks - Hundreds of paths; slope up to San Valentino Hermitage; Santelle tour; D.H. Lawerence tracksSailing - Historic Gargano's Sailing Club; Garda Yachting CharterRecommended by - Sawdays
Villa Pioppi 7 rooms from £142Sirmione
The elegant Villa Pioppi boasts two hectares of picturesque parkland with swimming pool, a private beach area and extensive sun terrace with views. Spacious air conditioned rooms - some with lake views - feature private balconies. Enjoy outdoor dining or try out the plentiful nearby restaurants.Families - Babysitting services, private beach, plus acres of grounds in which to tire them outLocal exploring - An idyllic spot next to Lake GardaViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Locanda del Benaco 13 rooms from £105Salò
Rooms with floor to ceiling windows, luxurious bathrooms and hot tubs. An in-house restaurant with a covered patio overlooking the lake. Gorgeous set-up in the best location. Right on the lake within easy reach of town.Local exploring - In an area, home to many high end shops and restaurantsBack to Nature - Rooms offer wonderful views of the lake and mountainsBirdwatching - Home to a wide variety of species, be sure to bring a pair of binocularsGreat walks - Trails offering beautiful scenery around the hotel
Osteria Antico Brolo 4 rooms from £70Gardone Riviera
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base!Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&B.Local exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaSailing - Spend a day sailing on Lake GardaSights nearby - The town of Gardone Riviera
Hotel Bellerive, Salo 46 rooms from £131Salò (Lake Garda)
A delightful hotel overlooking Lake Garda. Large stylish rooms and apartments, many with views. Outdoor pool, and fantastic Italian concept cuisine. Sailing, golf and opera nearby. Gourmet, family friendly, all in a romantic location.Foodies - Restaurant '100km' is a concept by Fred Plotkin, using products sourced within this distance. Olive oil & wine tours and tastingFamilies - Apartments are big enough for the whole family, with kitchens to make picnics. Boat trips on Lake Garda, swimming and cyclingSights nearby - Brescia and Verona, between Venice and Milan, between the Dolomites and the seaSailing - Minutes from the hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Gardesana 34 rooms from £123Torri del Benaco
Excellent food and comfortable, simple rooms in Garda's showpiece fishing village. Perfectly positioned in a charming little port, it's a very romantic spot for a good value break. Homely and ideal for local exploring.Local exploring - Central location perfect for exploring Lake Garda and its surroundsFishing - Fishing excursions nearbySights nearby - Verona 40 minutes driveSailing - Sailing on offer nearby
Garni Gianmartin 7 rooms from £104Limone (Lake Garda)
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple & comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too.Value chic - With rooms from as little as €86 per night including breakfast, it's excellent value for money.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view
Tenuta Le Sorgive 12 rooms from £85Solferino, Lake Garda
A beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. Simple traditional rooms come with continental breakfast. Explore the orchards and vineyards or head out on a pony trek through the surrounding hills. A wonderful spot to re-engage with mother nature.Families - This is truly a family place, with plenty of group activities on site and a wholesome organic vibe.Less £Great walks - There are lovely walks around the estate where you can learn about farming in the Italian counrtyside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor garden surrounded poolRecommended by - Sawdays