The Hotel Guru is my “go to” site for hotel recommendations Rebecca Terrazas.
The 9 Best Hotels in Mayfair, London
Elegant, and sometimes even regal, Mayfair is one of London's most well to do areas, located between the large greenness of Hyde Park and the high end retailers of Bond Street. It’s a great location if you’re coming to London to shop, see a show, eat well and/or visit the museums, and the only reason anyone might choose not to stay here is if the price tag, or the lack of price tag, would eat too heavily into the shopping/eating/theatre fund. Mayfair isn’t one of the most expensive plots on a Monopoly board on a whim of the designers!
If you do have the budget for it, the 10 best hotels in Mayfair make for an exciting choice. All have impeccable service standards - some even offer a private butler service, most have wonderfully exclusive bars and restaurants - some of which are popular with London’s A-List crowd, and all have beautiful rooms and facilities.
The 10 Best Hotels in Mayfair
For a Special Occasion
- Claridge's is a London institution, one of the city's best hotels and arguably also one of its most beautiful. The hotel's recent refurbishment was sympathetic to the beauty of the original and the restaurant and the top floor spa have become just as popular as afternoon tea in the foyer.
For a Grand Dame Hotel
- The Connaught Hotel is the discreet and understated ‘grande dame’ of Mayfair, the epitome of old world Britishness, but updated to meet the needs of modern life and design. The service is incredible - there’s a veritable fleet of butlers, and you'll also find a chic restaurant and bars and a world class Aman Spa.
- The Ritz is too well known to be considered discreet, and its location, right on Piccadilly, and its grand frontage and dapper doormen, mean you can’t miss it. But it does feel discreet inside, even with the grand, Neoclassical features and luxurious details. There are 133 Art Deco style rooms and the restaurant packed with great art as well as great food.
The Most Luxurious Hotels in Mayfair
- The Dorchester is another London institution, this is the kind of place to come if you want the royal treatment with signature British style and incredible service. The rooms are ritzy yet comfortable, with Italian marble bathrooms, wonderful fabrics and beautiful lighting. The public spaces are grand and gracious.
- 45 Park Lane is the glossy, Art Deco sister hotel to The Dorchester, with the same first class service and fantastic views of Hyde Park. This time the decor wows in a different way with sleek lines and sensuous fabrics. They’re known for their haute cuisine breakfasts and Wolfgang Puck's highly recommended CUT restaurant is onsite.
For a Shopping Spree
- On a quiet side street between Bond Street and Selfridges, The Beaumont is a luxurious, Art Deco era hotel with fantastic heritage detailing and a great restaurant well known by London’s A-List. They also have a spa with a hammam, which you might need after your day shopping, and before your meal or trip to the theatre.
- If you think you might need a bit more space for all your bags consider staying in one of 12 suites at No. 5 Maddox Street, just off Bond Street. These self-catering mini-apartments are charming, and offer ALL the mod. cons., plus audio-visual equipment to please even the most demanding clients.
- Close to The Royal Academy, Fortnums and the Burlington Arcade, Brown's Hotel, London is an old world Mayfair institution transformed by Olga Polizzi into an elegant, polished, five star hotel with a fantastic spa and a rooftop bar.
The Hippest Hotels in Mayfair
- The Como Metropolitan London might just be London’s hippest hotel at the moment, the home of A-List favourite Nobu, and the trendy MET Bar, this is a minimalist design charmer just across from Hyde Park. The gym is supposed to be excellent too.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in London?
- Or consider our Guru’s collection of London’s Best Luxury Hotels? Or The Most Romantic London Hotels? or the 10 Best Hotels in Knightsbridge?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 10 Best Hotels in Mayfair
Claridge's London (Mayfair) 197 rooms
Art Deco inspired, luxury-centric hotel in the heart of Mayfair offering seamless service, spa treatments and gym facilities. Large, contemporary rooms exude comfort. Whether it is the famous afternoon tea in the 1930's Reading Room or a gourmet meal at the restaurant, be ready to be spoiled.Sights nearby - Nestled in the embassy district of town, you will see many old grand buildings.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterOutstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
The Beaumont London (Mayfair) 73 rooms from £450
Art deco style luxury hotel in a quiet side street a stone's throw from Bond Street and Selfridges. Rooms are spacious and bright with keen attention to detail continuing the art deco theme. Delicious food and A Lister spotting in the Colony Grill. Perfect for a luxe shopping break!Sights nearby - Bang in the centre of town. Easy access to all of London's highlights.Designer Shopping - A stone's throw from Bond StreetCity StyleSpa - Hammam with dry heat, steam and therapy rooms
The Ritz London (Mayfair) 136 rooms from £395
Glitz and glamour from the dapper doormen to the lavish hallways and Neoclassical features. Large beds and luxurious features make up the classically decorated rooms. The Rivoli Bar is an Art Deco lovers dream, whereas the restaurants house fine art works and British cuisine. Don't miss High Tea.Romantic Break - From your first Martini at the Art Deco Rivoli, to the final dance in the ballroom this is sure to be a weekend to remember.City Style - Louis XVI-style interiors in the heart of London with Belle Époque furnishings and opulent silk upholstered headboards.FoodiesSights nearby - Just minutes from the famed Picadilly Circus and the shows of the Westend.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection
The Connaught Hotel London (Mayfair) 121 rooms from £600
The discreet and understated ‘grande dame’ of Mayfair. This hotel is the epitome of old world Britishness meets contemporary elegance and design. Impeccable service from the fleet of butlers, the ultimate in traditional comforts. Chic restaurants and bars match the world class Aman spa. A must stay.City Style - The last word in luxurious London hotels - a sleek revamp to Mayfair's finest has sharpened the edge of this historic hotel.Spa breaks - World renowned Aman spa offering green-tea foot baths, Oriental oil massages and red clay body wraps with Navajo herbs.Swimming Pool - Stunning black granite indoor pool filled with ionised water. Child and family friendly sessions are available.Sailing - During the summer months rowing and pedal boats are available for hire in nearby Hyde ParkRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
45 Park Lane London (Mayfair) 45 rooms from £535
Glossy Art Deco-flavoured sister hotel to The Dorchester, with the same first-class service & views of Hyde Park. Lobby with wow factor, rooms & suites with sleek lines, sensuous fabrics, stunning marble bathrooms and haute cuisine breakfasts. A cosmpolitan destination that oozes glamour.Restaurant - Wolfgang Puck's highly recommended CUT restaurantSights nearby - Fantastic central location with easy access to the best of London.Spa - Use the spa at sister hotel The DorchesterDesigner - Interiors by Theirry DespontRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection, Tablet, CN Traveller
The Dorchester London (Mayfair) 250 rooms from £315
Iconic hotel whose signature is traditional British luxury and service that’s out of this world. Ritzy-yet-comfortable rooms, Italian marble bathrooms and opulent central lounge that’s a riot of gilt, fabric, statues and chandeliers. The place to go to be treated like royalty.Spa - Opulent and art deco inspiredFour poster beds - For romantics.Landmark - Comes with a reputation.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Brown's Hotel, London London (Mayfair) 115 rooms from £415
Old world Mayfair institution transformed by Olga Polizzi into an elegant and polished five star hotel, with spa and top barDesigner Shopping - Minutes from Bond StreetLively - Hip and happening.TraditionalSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
No 5 Maddox Street London (Mayfair) 12 rooms from £250
Suites only, self catering hotel in Mayfair, with state of the art audio-visuals for demanding clientsDesigner Shopping - A stone's throw from Bond StreetSpa - In-room treatments are available.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
COMO Metropolitan London London (Mayfair) 144 rooms from £272
Perhaps the hippest hotel in London, just across from Hyde Park, with top restaurant, gym and spa and an A-list clienteleSpa - The COMO Shambhala Urban Escape offers a wide range of holistic treatments - a serene sanctuary from the frenetic city outside!Bar - Trendy Met Bar is the place to go for the fashion, media and music crowd. Come for the live DJ sets and fabulous cocktails!Restaurant - Nobu, one of London's most fashionable restaurants serves Japanese/Peruvian cuisineLively - Favourite of A listersRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Michelin Travel