30 Top Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico
The Yucatán Peninsula’s coastline is a colourful display of bright azure waters, lush green jungle, white sands and silvery Mayan ruins. Its colonial cites are graceful, its resorts lively and its landscape - dotted with small villages and run through with national parks and biospheres - is largely unsullied by overdevelopment or unsightly construction. And this is where you’ll find some of the world’s best diving and snorkelling, both at sea and in the strange cenotes or sinkholes which lie underneath the jungle. Our guide to 30 top hotels in the Yucatán Penisula will help your plan your trip to get the most from this fascinating region.
For some visitors the best hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula are those closest to the water. Some visitors are here for the pristine white sands of these Caribbean waters. For some people it's the fun side of the resorts, with the party atmosphere which is the main draw and for others it's the region’s wonderful history and incredible archaeological treasures and ruins.
Our selection of great hotels in the Yucatán Peninsula cater to everyone, whether you're looking for a luxurious escape or a beach break - there's something for everyone here.
The Mayan Riviera and Quintana Roo is the area on the eastern side of the Yucatán Peninsula, including party-central Cancún, dive centre Cozumel and the ancient ruins surrounding Tulum, the most famous of which is wonderfully ancient and astronomically correct Chichén Itzá. This is the bit with the spectacular Caribbean coastline and a scattering of incredible Mayan Ruins.
Divers and snorkellers will definitely want to visit Cozumel. Between this island and the mainland are the spectacular coral gardens of the Palancar Reef and the Great Mayan Reef. As well as being beautiful the reefs are a magnet for marine life. There are amazing sights to see both for novice divers and snorkelers and for more experienced divers. Right across from Cozumel, Playa del Carmen is definitely one of the best places to stay on the Riviera Maya for divers and snorkelers.
Quintana Roo’s jungle interior has some wonderful Maya-Mexicano communities as well as the spectacular ancient sights at Coba. The region’s tourist appeal is relatively new, dating from the 70s, and one of the best things about Quintana Roo is that away from the tourist areas it feels unspoiled and has been largely protected.
Yucatán is the northern part of the peninsula and where you’ll find Mérida, the region’s jungle-set colonial cultural capital. Here it's tropical, so people get most of their work done in the morning, take long siestas in the afternoon and come back in the evening when the cooler breezes roll in off the Gulf of Mexico.
Valladolid is the other great Spanish colonial era city in Yucatán and as well as being beautiful in its own right, it’s also the closest city to Chichen Itza, the Yucatán’s largest and most famous Mayan ruin - which is included in the list of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
The state of Campeche is the part of the Yucatán Peninsula bordering on the Gulf of Mexico. It’s less known than the rest of the region, but it does have some spectacular Mayan ruins and a beautiful colonial capital city. Its landscape, of relatively flat woods and cenote-dotted tropical rainforest, is probably as fascinating as that of the rest of the region. It also has some rather lovely beaches and the huge draw of being less-visited, yet extremely welcoming.
30 Top Hotels on the Yucatan Peninsula
For a Special Occasion
- If you like the idea of a small property right on the beach then Encantada Tulum is a for you. There are just eight rooms and you’re set directly against a pristine stretch of white sand. The large terraces have incredible sea views and inside the decor is simple and chic.
- Yucatán’s Hacienda San José is a stylish jungle escape with a world class spa. Accommodation is in a collection of 11 rooms and four very private villas. The villas have private hot tub pools and hanging double beds.
- Or you could try the glorious combination of mustard ruins and chic contemporary design that is the Hacienda Uayamon, a tranquil 12 room colonial escape. Rooms have high ceilings, black and white tiled floors, four poster beds and wonderful old ceiling fans. Three’s also a superb spa and an atmospheric restaurant.
The Best Beach Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula
- Nomade Tulum is a 38 room hotel in a stunning beachfront spot. The accommodation is in a range of rustic tents, villas and suites and there’s a retreat feel to the place and a great vegetarian restaurant.
- There are plenty of hotels right on the sand in Tulum, but Ana Y Jose Hotel is in a great position even for Tulum’s standards, close to one of the best sea swimming spots along this stretch of coast. There are 23 rooms and an exotic spa to top it off.
- Tulum’s The Beach demands to be included in this section of the list, with 28 boho-chic, white-on-white rooms and lovely views just steps from a secluded stretch of white sandy beach.
- The Thompson Playa del Carmen is a chic beach property with 120 contemporary, minimalist rooms with large terraces and epic views. Their Mexican restaurant is right by the beach, but there’s also a hip rooftop bar serving memorable cocktails.
- The Nizuc Resort & Spa has a beachfront spot on the Punta Nizuc, which is just out of Cancún proper and offers panoramic views of the Caribbean. This is a big hotel - with 274 rooms and suites and has chic, contemporary decor, a luxurious spa and a choice six onsite restaurants.
- Just outside Mérida, the Hacienda Xcanatun is a beautifully renovated 18 room hacienda with traditional decor and some lovely antiques. The hacienda has two freshwater pools, a fabulous spa and a renowned gourmet restaurant. You’re also very well located for exploring the Mayan ruins.
- Lake Bacalar’s Rancho Encantado is a collection of 12 chic cabins nestled right in against the lake. The terracotta tiles, draped beds and white-washed walls give a rustic feel but there’s plenty of luxury, including a beautiful spa.
For a total Escape
- The Papaya Playa Project is a collection of 73 sustainable boho-chic rooms and cabanas on a secluded stretch of white sandy beach. The decor is hip and Mayan, while the beach club is hip and Mexican.
- Playa del Carmen’s Viceroy Riviera Maya is a stunning collection of 41 rooms and villas surrounded by tropical forest and white sand. The restaurant specialises in exceptional seafood and there’s a fantastic Mayan spa. Great if you want to relax on the beach or try every watersport under the sun.
- Just outside Tulum, in a beautiful beachfront spot, Sanara is a low-key hotel with 19 rooms and suites and a great spa. There’s also a superb restaurant perfect for after your post-sunset-beach-stroll.
- La Zebra is a 16 room boutique style hotel on a quiet stretch of beach. The decor is contemporary with plenty of natural light. There’s a great seafood restaurant and a lively tequila bar if you need a bit of a kick.
The Most Romantic Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula
- Tulum’s Casa de Las Olas is a seven suite boutique deco-hotel on its own private beach. Rooms are traditional and decorated in white and the atmosphere is one of intimacy and peace. No children under five.
- Also in Tulum, Jashita is a luxurious beach-side property overlooking glittering turquoise waters. There are 26 indulgent suites decorated all in white plus spectacular views and excellent Italian/ Mexican fusion restaurant.
- The Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa is a 64 room hotel sitting between one of Playa del Carmen's best beaches and the jungle. Maroma has amazing facilities including numerous pools, a beautiful spa and access to yoga, snorkelling, diving, windsurfing, kayaking, riding, fishing, surfing and everything you need to get married.
- The Hotel Secreto on the Isla Mujeres just off the coast of Cancún is a luxurious 12 room boutique hotel in an extremely private spot overlooking its own private beach. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows overlooking the infinity pool and the beach, and original art works. Apparently the bar serves dangerously good Margaritas.
The Best City Break Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula
- Rosas & Xocolate (Chocolate and Roses) is a themed property converted from two beautiful mansions in Mérida’s historic heart. The conversion is luxurious and the themes run all the way to the chocolate spa treatments.
- Also in central Mérida, Casa Lecanda is a smart seven room property with tiled floors, high ceilings and large bathrooms. There’s also an outdoor pool, a wine bar and a restaurant serving international cuisine.
The Most Luxurious Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula
- Chable Resort is a luxurious 43 room property hidden in a stretch of jungle. Converted from a Manor House, there’s now a choice of staying in rooms or suites within the house or staying in one of the outlying private villas - which come complete with their own swimming pools. There is a stunning spa and three restaurants.
- Close to Chichen Itza, the Hacienda Temozon is a beautifully converted estate with 28 luxurious, colonial style rooms. There are some lovely antiques along with the traditional tiled floors and wooden shutters. There’s an enormous pool and a spoiling spa. The restaurant serves local cuisine.
For total relaxation
- Kin Sol Soleil, just up the road from Playa del Carmen in Puerto Morelos, is a tranquil property right against a white, sandy beach. There are just ten rooms with a Mexican feel, contemporary art and antique furniture, There’s also a stunning pool.
- Tulum’s Mezzanine is a nine room, eco-friendly resort beside a secluded beach. There are tropical gardens and breathtaking sea views, plus plenty of activities on offer.
- Hidden within the jungle, Be Tulum is a collection of 20 atmospheric suites with rustic chic decor and free-standing baths. The romantic restaurant blends Mediterranean and Mexican flavours and there’s a pool and spa as well as the beach right on your doorstep.
Fun Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula
- Tulum’s Casa Malca is a trendy private beachside hotel with 40 rooms and suites, three pools and a lively bar. The decor is white on white and contemporary fabulous.
- Soho Playa is in just the right district of Play del Carmen, surrounded by cool bars, good shopping and a hip vibe - and all just a few steps from the beach. They help you get into the right frame of mind with yoga and meditation in the mornings.
For the best value
- The Hotel Hacienda Mérida offers fabulously stylish accommodation just a short walk from the main square. A traditional exterior belies contemporary interiors plus a bar and two pools. Rooms start from around $130 per night.
- In Playa del Carmen, some of the Hotel La Semilla's nine rooms start from only $120 per night. But this is a more stripped-back and fashionable property with well chosen flea-market furniture and no TVs.
- The Zamas Hotel is a laid-back 20 room property on one of Tulum’s most beautiful stretches of beach. The decor is rustic chic with wooden furniture in sort of tile-floored huts. There’s also a private villa for families and the restaurant has great traditional Mayan fare.
- Be Playa in Playa del Carmen is a chic boutique property with contemporary rooms with wooden floors, hot tubs and excellent views. There’s also a rooftop pool, a hip bar and a creative seafood restaurant.
- From as little as $135 per night you can stay in Live Tulum, a small, hip boutique property with great beach access, private hot tubs and white on white decor.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula on our Guru's list of the 30 Top Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula you could:
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Yucatán Peninsula?
- Or include the 25 Best Hotels on the Riveira Maya? or the the best places to stay in Quintana Roo or the best places to stay in Campeche,
- Or you might want to refine your search to the best places to stay in Yucatán? or the best places to stay in Cancún? or the best places to stay in Cozumel?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
30 Top Hotels on the Yucatán Peninsula
Encantada Tulum Tulum (Zona Hotelera) 8 rooms from £225Beach Life - Set on a stunning stretch of white sandy beach.Local exploring - Easy access to Tulum's Mayan ruins.Great walks - Take long romantic walks along the pristine beach.Diving - Dive in one of the nearby cenotes.Recommended by - I Escape
A glorious boho-chic property sat directly on a pristine stretch of white sand. Rooms sat amongst the tree tops allow for epic sea views from the large terraces. Inside the style is simple and chic with plenty of wood and white washed walls. A laid back restaurant serves regional dishes. Fabulous. See More
Hacienda Uayamon Campeche 12 rooms from £273Romantic - Good for couples.Secluded setting - For escaping.Full of characterSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A glorious combination of mustard yellow ruins and chic contemporary design all set in utterly tranquil surrounds. Traditional rooms are colonial in style with high beamed ceilings, black and white tiled floors, four-posters and whirring fans. A superb spa and atmospheric restaurant. Bliss. See More
Hacienda San Jose Mérida (Yucatan) 15 rooms from £211Hideaway - A small boutique property nestled in the jungle.Diving - Dive in Mayan sacred cenotes for an unforgetable experience.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the ‘yellow city’ of Izamal.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hidden amidst thick jungle find an absolute treasure of a property. A small boutique hotel painted mustard yellow. Enormous rooms are traditional in style with high ceilings, whirring fans and four poster beds. A superb spa is utterly spoiling and the pool completely tranquil. The perfect hideaway. See More
Nomade Tulum Tulum 38 rooms from £206Sights nearby - The stunning Tulum Archeological Site, located 6 miles away, is a must visitGreat walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and take in the beautifull seaside viewsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - CN Traveller
This hotel enjoys a stunning beachfront location in Tulum. It features a range of chic and rustic tents, villas and suites whilst their vegetarian Macondo restaurant serves delicious local cuisine. Forget about the hustle and bustle of modern life at this peaceful seaside retreat, a fantastic spot. See More
Ana y Jose Hotel Tulum (Punta Piedra) 23 rooms from £260Diving - The hotel organises diving courses and excursions, explore the beautiful marine life of Mexico.Fishing - Fishing trips can be chartered from the front desk, head out on a full or half day adventure.Great walks - Beautiful sandy beaches that stretch on and on, perfect for an evening stroll.Sights nearby - This hotel is only a five minute drive from Tulum’s ancient Maya ruins.
Brilliantly situated half way along the main strand. At Ana y Jose you'll find amazing and discrete service, top class amenities and one of the best sea swimming spots in Tulum. Not forgetting the exotic spa with numerous treatments including a chocolate wrap. An A-list paradise. See More
The Beach Tulum (Zona Hotelera) 28 rooms from £327Beach Life - It says it in the name and certainly delivers (a glorious beach).Sights nearby - Explore the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza, Tulum and Coba.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Views - Great views from hotel
A stunning beach side property perfectly encapsulating boho-chic style. Airy rooms are all white on white with linen draped four posters, luxurious bathrooms and lovely views. Just steps from a secluded stretch of white sandy beach, offering yoga and a spoiling spa. This is beach perfection. See More
Thompson Playa del Carmen Playa del Carmen 119 rooms from £185Beach Life - A stunning beach, lively nightlife scene and plenty of sunshine. The perfect Mexican experience.Diving - The nearby island of Cozumel offers excellent scuba diving opportunities.Sights nearby - Explore the Mayan remain in the ruined city of Coba.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A chic beach property with a youthful energy. Contemporary rooms are minimalist in style with epic views, large terraces and luxurious bathrooms. Dine on Mexican cuisine by the beach or on the hip roof terrace. The bar is also on point and serves superb cocktails. A beach haven. See More
Nizuc Resort & Spa Cancún (21.26,) 274 rooms from £406Total relaxation - There are a variety of treatements on offer at the luxurious spa or you can book yourself a massage to truly unwindFoodies - Take advantage of the six on site restaurants serving Mexican, Peruvian, Asian and Mediterranean cuisineTennis - Work up a sweat in the afternoon sun with a spot of tennisSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Nizuc Resort & Spa enjoys a beachfront location on the secluded Punta Nizuc and offers beautiful panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea. This designer hotel features chic and contemporary accommodation whilst you can spend your days lounging carefree by the seaside. A luxurious and top-notch stay! See More
Hacienda Xcanatun Mérida (Km 12 Carretera Progreso Merida) 18 rooms from £180Spa breaks - A glorious spa offering holistic treatments using indigenous herbs, flowers and honey.Local exploring - Well located as a jump off point for exploring Mayan ruins.Sights nearby - Explore the Mayan cities of Uxmal, Chichen Itza, Dzibilchaltun and Yaxunach.Birdwatching - Find over 100 species at the mangroves in the Celestun Nature Reserve.Recommended by - I Escape
A beautifully renovated Hacienda situated just outside Mérida. Well proportioned rooms are traditional in style with high beamed ceilings, antique furniture and tiled floors. Boasting two freshwater pools, a fabulous spa and renowned gourmet restaurant. Close to many Mayan ruins. Superb. See More
Rancho Encantado Bacalar 12 rooms from £119Eco break - Rest assured the hotel is taking care of your carbon footprint leaving you free to totally unwind.Hideaway - Great for couples wanting to get away from the world.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotel
An enchanting eco-lodge nestled amidst thick vegetation and overlooking Lake Bacalar. Chic cabins feature terracotta tiled floors, muslin draped beds, white washed walls and pops of turquoise. Plenty of hammocks, a spa and utter tranquility ensure a restful stay. A glorious hideaway. See More
Papaya Playa Project Tulum 73 rooms from £312Beach Life - A beach property situated on a stretch of deserted white sandy beach.Diving - Embark on an excursion of the world renowned Cenote dive.Great walks - Take a class at the hotel spa.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Design Hotels
A collection of sustainable boho-chic rooms and cabanas on a secluded stretch of powder white beach. Simply styled interiors focus on nature with inspiration coming from Mayan design. A hip beach club serves contemporary Mexican cuisine and houses a lively bar. A beach haven. See More
Viceroy Riviera Maya Playa del Carmen 41 rooms from £302Beach Life - Whether it's sitting sipping a cocktail on the white sands or kite surfing across the bay- this is a beach bums paradise!Private villas - Private luxury villas only.Swimming Pool - Pools looking on to beachLuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Sanara Tulum 19 rooms from £299Diving - For a truly breathtaking experience head out scuba diving and marvel in the underwater worldSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.SpaRecommended by - CN Traveller
A tranquil haven set between a pristine white sandy beach and tropical jungle. Chic rooms are contemporary in style; think white on white and plenty of glass. Spend rejuvenating days lounging on the beach, practicing yoga and eating superb healthy food. The ideal spot to completely relax. See More
La Zebra Tulum (Ejido Pino Suarez) 16 rooms from £350Beach Life - Located on a glorious stretch of white sandy beach.Great walks - Tulum has numerous yoga studios and instructors can be arranged to come to the property for private classes.Birdwatching - Visit the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve for exciting birdwatching opportunities.Fishing - The Mayan Riviera is home to some of the best sport fishing in the world.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
A chic boutique property situated on quiet stretch of white sandy beach. Contemporary rooms have an organic feel with natural materials, plenty of light and soft hues. A lively bar offers tequila sampling and a restaurant specialises in seafood. The ideal spot for a relaxing beach holiday. See More
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa Quintana Roo 63 rooms from £410Spa breaks - Boasting a glorious spa complete with with self-serve muds, meditation pools and treatments that use local herbs and fruits.Beach Life - Located on a stunning stretch of white sandy beach and backed by lush jungle. Tropical paradise.Diving - Some of the Riviera Maya’s most spectacular reefs are right off Maroma’s shore.Sights nearby - Visit local ruins and cenotes near Chichen Itza, Coba and Tulum.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A fabulous resort set on a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach. Luxurious rooms feature king size beds, sunken baths, large terraces and the best have private plunge pools. A spectacular spa is worthy of a visit alone and the Med-Mex cuisine is noteworthy too. Beach perfection. See More
Casa de Las Olas Tulum 7 rooms from £347Beach Life - A boho boutique property situated right on a private white sandy beach.Sights nearby - Take a tour of the Unesco World Heritage Site Sian Ka'an.Sailing - Take a boat trip and view majestic Mayan ruins.Restrictions on children - Children over 5+ are welcome.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A boutique eco hotel set on its own private beach. Made up of just 7 suites this is an intimate spot. Rooms are traditional in style; think white washed walls, beamed ceilings and large floor to ceiling windows. Every effort has been made to make this a legitimately sustainable property. Superb. See More
Jashita Tulum 26 rooms from £421Sights nearby - Visit the extraordinary Mayan archaeological site Chichen Itza.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
A luxury beach-side property overlooking glistening turquoise waters. Indulgent suites are all white on white with fabulous bathrooms, spectacular views and sink-in-to beds. The restaurant boasts some of the finest Mexican and Italian cuisine in the area. A romantic spot for a beach holiday. See More
Hotel Secreto Isla Mujeres 12 rooms from £265Total relaxation - A sleepy tropical island with a laid back charm, spend your days sunbathing, swimming with dolphins or snorkelling the reefs.Sights nearby - The hotel can arrange scooter rentals and tours of the island.Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with spectacular sea views.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Fodors
Rosas & Xocolate Colonia Centro Mérida 14 rooms from £183Spa - Unique cocoa paste used for facials and massage.Swimming Pool - Interior courtyard pool.Lively - Offers DJ/NightclubSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Uniquely themed hotel made of two converted mansions. 'Chocolate and Roses' run throughout the property, from the simple but attractive decor to the chocolate spa treatments. Also offers a luxury range of amenities such as spa, gym, restaurant, breakfast in bed and swimming pool. A quirky delight. See More
Casa Lecanda Mérida (Centro) 7 rooms from £162Sights nearby - Go see La Mejorada Park, Merida Cathedral or the Main Square (all of which are within walking distance)Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorBoutique
Casa Lecanda is situated in central Mérida. It offers smart rooms with high ceilings, tiled floors and large bathrooms whilst there's also an outdoor pool-perfect for a refreshing dip to escape the heat! Visit the wine bar and enjoy international cuisine in their restaurant. A superb city choice! See More
Chable Resort Yucatán, Yucatán 43 rooms from £724Foodies - Fine dining with produce taken from the property's Mayan garden and housing the world's largest tequila collection.Country Escape - Deep in the forest revel in utter tranquility and luxury.Sights nearby - Explore the nearby mystical Mayan ruins.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
A luxury property hidden amidst a forest. Stay within the converted manor house or hire a private villa complete with swimming pool. A stunning spa will aid total rejuvenation. The three restaurants serve gourmet cuisine using organic produce. The ultimate spot to 'get away from it all'. See More
Hacienda Temozon Yucatan, Yucatán 28 rooms from £211Country Escape - A converted estate holding onto its original charm yet with plenty of contemporary luxury.Tennis - Be sure to bring your racket for the on site tennis courts.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the Archeoligical site Chichen Itza.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A beautifully converted estate offering the height of luxury. Colonial styled rooms are all high ceilings, antique furniture tiled floors and wooden shutters. An enormous pool is ideal for lazy days and the spa is totally spoiling. Sample Yucatecan cuisine in the candlelit restaurant. Fabulous. See More
Kin Sol Soleil Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo 10 rooms from £542Beach Life - An authentic Mexican experience on a pristine stretch of beach.Sights nearby - Explore striking Mayan ruins.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
A tranquil property set on a beautiful white sandy beach. Atmospheric throughout, find Mexican flavour in the design; think white washed walls, contemporary art and antique furniture. Just steps from the beach and boasting a stunning pool. The perfect place to completely unwind. See More
BE Tulum Tulum 20 rooms from £369Hideaway - Located in the jungle and next to a secluded white sandy beach.Birdwatching - Spot birds while on a kayak ride at Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve.Sights nearby - Explore the 13th century Mayan ruins of Tulum.Restrictions on children - Children over 12 are welcome.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A collections of atmospheric suites hidden amidst the Mexican jungle. Rooms are rustic chic with stylishly placed drift-wood, free standing baths and cow-hide rugs. A romantic restaurant mixes Mediterranean and Mexican flavours. Boasting a pool, spa and beach location this is the perfect hideaway. See More
Mezzanine Tulum 9 rooms from £156Honeymoons - Secluded suites boasting Jacuzzis and balconies facing the Caribbean and surrounded by lush jungle and miles unspoilt beaches.Eco break - Environmentally sound, the hotel operates on solar energy, generators, and recycled rainwater.Diving - The reefs just off Tulum’s white sand beaches are home to grouper, small reef sharks and numerous colorful fishLocal markets - Check out the local crafts in Tulum, artisans work with clay, wood, and handmade textiles to create treasures.Recommended by - Fodors, Tablet
Trendy barefoot luxury with a secluded beach and tropical gardens. Relax in airy suites and rooms with breathtaking sea views. Enjoy cocktails on the sun terrace or in dappled shade on bean bags. Great water sports and activities on offer. A place to relax in style. Adults only. See More
Casa Malca Boca Paila Tulum 40 rooms from £402Beach Life - Find three pools, access to a white sandy beach and a lively cocktail bar. Beach perfection.Birdwatching - Search for birds from a kayak in Sian Ka’an biosphere reserve.Sights nearby - Explore the impressive and mystical cenotes.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Design Hotels, Tablet
A trendy beach side property in glorious Tulum. Stylish rooms feature rustic wooden doors, chandeliers and contemporary artwork all set against a sleek white background. Boasting three pools, a spa and private beach. A lively bar stirs up cocktails until the early hours. Fabulous. See More
Soho Playa Playa del Carmen (Quinta Roo) 23 rooms from £140Restaurant - Bistro serving local and international dishes, seafood, Mango Guacamole and tasty salads, plus a detox menuLively - The district has a cool vibe with trendy bars, restaurants, good shopping and plenty happening on the beachBeach nearby - Mamita's Beach Club is a short walk form the hotel with a great atmosphereBeach LifeRecommended by - Tablet
Urban hip hotel in cosmopolitan neighbourhood of Playa del Carmen, sprinkled with good restaurants. Close to the beach, with roof top pool. Start with early mooring yoga or meditation on the terrace with ocean views. Pretty colourful Mayan style rooms, with balconies and hammocks. See More
Hotel Hacienda Merida Mérida (No 439 x 51 y 53 Centro) 12 rooms from £101Local markets - Mercado Maya for local souvenires such as Panama hats and hammocksSights nearby - Visit the beautiful Iglesia de JesusFour poster beds - For romantics.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Unlike its traditional facade, this hacienda, located in the heart of Merida is contemporary in style. There is a bar and a chlorine-free pool. Whilst only breakfast is served, you are stumbling distance from the bars and cafes of Plaza Mayor. Book early for the balcony rooms! See More
Hotel La Semilla Playa del Carmen (Gonzalo Guerrero) 9 rooms from £113Beach Life - Hotel La Semilla is a stunning beach-chic property right on the coast so you can spend your days lounging on the beachRomantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, divine cuisine and long sunset walks on the beach -the ideal romantic getawaySights nearby - The historic Muyil Mayan and Xelha archeological sites are a must-visitDiving - There are plenty of local companies who organise scuba diving toursRecommended by - Tablet
The adult-only Hotel La Semilla is located in the coastal town of Playa del Carmen, just 200 metres from the beach. With romantic rustic accommodation, furnished in a shabby-chic style. Enjoy splendid buffet breakfasts each morning and relax in the terrace with a drink! Intimate and boutique. See More
Zamas Hotel Tulum (Quintana Roo) 20 rooms from £113Beach Life - Located on a stunning white sandy beach and with serious laid-backed vibes.Sights nearby - The property is just 10 minutes from the nearest Mayan ruins.Diving - Open water, cave and cenote diving all available nearby.Fishing - Fly fish in the Sian Ka’an biosphere.Recommended by - I Escape
A laid-back property located on one of the best stretches of beach in Tulum. Rustic-chic rooms feature wooden furniture, tiled floors, pastel colours and plenty of light. The private villa perfectly serves families. A beach-side restaurant serves up traditional Mayan fare. The ideal beach escape. See More
BE Playa Playa del Carmen 23 rooms from £101Beach Life - Boasting a rooftop pool, seafood restaurant and located just minutes beach.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
A chic boutique property in Mexico's beach resort town of Playa del Carmen. Contemporary rooms feature crisp white linen, clean lines, wooden floors and the best have hot tubs with a view. A rooftop pool, hip bar and creative seafood restaurant really make this hotel stand out. See More
Live Tulum Tulum 18 rooms from £105Local exploring - A chic B&B close to both Tulum's restaurants, bars and cultural sights not to mention the beach.Diving - Explore the spic cenotes (underground sink holes found in the jungle).Sights nearby - Be sure not to miss the impressive Mayan ruins.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A hip boutique property located within Tulum and with easy access to the beach. Stylish suites are all white on white with pops of electric colour and the best have private hot tubs. Indulgent breakfasts are served and kitchenettes allow budding chefs to trial mexican cooking. Very chic. See More