20 Best Dog Friendly Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk has some great walking country, both along the coast and through the picturesque woodlands, making this an ideal destination for a holiday with your four-legged friend. Our hotel experts have handpicked the best dog-friendly hotels in Norfolk to make planning your trip just that bit more convenient. From cosy pubs to chic boutiques, there's accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets.
For a coastal stay
- Magazine Wood is a charming three bedroom B&B just a short walk from a pretty stretch of the coast. Provisions are given to make your own breakfast and one dog is allowed per room. An ideal and very stylish home away from home.
- The Globe Inn is a chic property boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Contemporary rooms are light and airy and seven of them are dog-friendly. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too.
- Titchwell Manor is a boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches, and if you're bringing your four-legged friend, they'll be welcomed with dog bed, towel, biscuits and a walking map. Superb modern European cuisine is served in a lovely conservatory. A wonderful rural abode.
- The Blakeney is a traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's harbour. Country styled rooms are spacious and the best have sea views (book one of the ground floor ones if you're bringing your dog). With an abundance of in-house facilities (including an indoor pool) and plenty of activities nearby, this is the perfect choice for a family break.
- Troon Cottage is a delightful Edwardian townhouse in the historic town of Hunstanton. Traditionally dressed rooms are utterly charming with antiques, chandeliers and chintz fabrics. Available half the year for self-catering, it's the ideal spot for a family holiday.
- Briarfields is a character hotel boasting an enviable location overlooking Titchwell marshes. A family and pet-friendly hotel which has a very popular restaurant, it is great value for money. A true hidden gem!
For an inn
- The Bedingfeld Arms is a friendly B&B inn offering the utmost in comfort and personal attention. Recently renovated rooms are inviting with classic wooden furniture while the heart of the property is its authentic pub restaurant and bar space complete with a fireplace. Dogs can stay for a nominal fee.
- The Brisley Bell is a recently restored brick-and-flint coaching inn, with oodles of character, a large inviting bar and acclaimed food. Generous, individually designed bedrooms are set in a private courtyard, and two of them are dog-friendly. A charming base for exploring rural Norfolk.
- The Ship Hotel is a charming village pub ideally located to explore the north-west of Norfolk. Traditional rooms have a fresh contemporary feel while the bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare. Dogs are greeted with a welcome doggy pack and given their own bedding!
- Goldings is a charming historic rural pub. Rooms are cosy and plush with the best featuring in-room free-standing baths, and two of them are dog-friendly. A welcome base to explore the surrounding countryside from.
- The Lifeboat Inn is a rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. While the pub itself is buzzy and serves excellent food. Well behaved dogs are allowed in a handful of rooms.
- The Chequers Inn is set in a 16th-century building in the village of Thornham. Combining original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Best yet, the restaurant is award-winning.
For the walks
- The Crown Hotel is a delightful hotel and bar in the coastal town of Wells next the Sea. Rooms are elegant with sash windows and antiques and some are dog-friendly. A traditional restaurant uses local produce to great effect and there's a buzzing bar too. Just minutes from the coastal path, this is an ideal base for walking enthusiasts.
- Black Lion Hotel is a beautifully refurbished inn set in a historical village. Each characterful room is individually styled and there are two which accept dogs. A fantastic restaurant serves British classics using the finest local produce. An ideal base to hike on Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.
- Norfolk Mead is a charming country house hotel in the Norfolk Broads, with its own boat for exploring the waterways. Offering smart individually decorated rooms (four can take dogs) and lovely grounds and a lake. With over 300km of footpaths around the Norfolk Broads this is the perfect base for a walking holiday.
- The Victoria Inn is a comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. Dogs are welome in the rooms in the main building and throughout the ground floor. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away, this is a perfect spot to start long beach walks.
For a boutique
- The Fritton Arms is a 15th century property which has undergone the most fabulous of facelifts. Bright and beautifully upholstered furnishings create an artsy vibe in airy bedrooms. There is a sitting room with log fire for guests to enjoy, bar, garden and gourmet restaurant.
- Strattons is an eclectic, welcoming, family-run bolthole of just 10 beautiful boutique rooms and elegantly decorated suites in a charming market town. There are three dog friendly rooms each with direct outside access. Plus you can expect a popular restaurant famed for its homely cooking.
For the restaurant
- Morston Hall is a country house hotel with traditional interiors and plenty of pet friendly rooms. Pick this property for the restaurant though which holds one Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk or our recommendations for the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast.
- Browse through our collection of hotels with hot tubs in Norfolk or Norfolk's most romantic hotels or the best country house hotels in Norfolk or hotels with sea views in Norfolk or the best bed and breakfasts in Norfolk or family hotels in Norfolk.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Magazine Wood Hunstanton, Norfolk 3 rooms from £105Great walks - Wonderful walks both coastal and inland for all abilities. Magazine Wood has direct access to the Peddars Way.Sights nearby - There are plenty of galleries and stately homes to visit for culture vulturesLocal markets - There are a wide range of farmers' markets to be discovered.Birdwatching - The North Norfolk coast is renowned for its bird life
Intimate, friendly B&B set within walking distance of the dramatic Norfolk coast. The B&B emphasises privacy and relaxation, with well-equipped en-suite bathrooms and the provisions for making your own breakfast as standard. Hot food also made to order, and it is surrounded by renowned restaurants. See More
The Blakeney Hotel Blakeney, Norfolk 64 rooms from £228Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Spacious country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows & many with sea views. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families. See More
Bedingfeld Arms Oxborough, Norfolk 9 rooms from £69Foodies - Locally sourced meats and a private vegetable garden provide the ingredients for hearty, healthy and traditional fareHideaway - Withdraw and unwind in the heart of rural Norfolk, miles away from the demanding buzz of modern life.Families - Some rooms adjoin and the connecting doors can be opened, which is ideal for families with children.Country Escape - A more gentle pace of life - crisp early-morning woodland walks await at the Bedingfield Arms.
Cosy countryside inn offering comfort and tranquillity. Recently renovated rooms are inviting with classic wooden furniture, traditional fabrics and carefully considered colour schemes. The heart of the inn is its authentic pub restaurant and bar space with fireplace and armchairs. Dog-friendly. See More
The Brisley Bell North Norfolk 6 rooms from £120Country Escape - Set in a charming spot with cosy interiors and exceptional rural views, lovely walks. Dogs welcome.Foodies - Serving classic British dishes with contemporary touches. Well acclaimedLocal exploringSights nearby - Galleries and stately homes aplenty in the surrounding area including Blickling Hall and Houghton
The Ship Hotel North Norfolk 9 rooms from £90Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring north-west Norfolk's stately homes and picturesque coastline.Birdwatching - Just down the road is the RSPB Titchwell Marsh home to numerous migratory birds.Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon visiting the nearby Holkham Hall and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Take long walks along the secenic coastline.
A charming village pub ideally located to explore this north-western part of Norfolk. The rooms, following a refurbishment, have a fresh feel with soft hues, well placed pieces of art, crisp white linen and beamed ceilings. The bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare. See More
Goldings King's Lynn (North Norfolk) 6 rooms from £91Local exploring - With its prime location in the centre of town, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in and around NorfolkFamilies - With larger suites available that can accommodate children, this pub with rooms is a great option for familiesCountry Escape - Located in a traditional country pub, this hotel makes for an authentic rural retreatLocal markets - Wander around Lynn's bustling markets held on Tuesday's and Saturday's at the Market Place
This charming historic pub with rooms in Norfolk. Chic guestrooms feature plush linens, sink-into carpets and contemporary furniture; book the Rush Suite for heritage features and family-sized living space. Unwind in the cosy pub after a long walk; an inviting country escape. See More
Black Lion Hotel Norfolk 6 rooms from £95Country Escape - A quaint small Inn in a pretty historic village; think good ale, roaring fires and long walks.Sights nearby - Visit the Marian shrine and its ancient abbey within Little Walsingham itself.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.Full of character
A beautifully refurbished inn set in a historical village. Six individually styled rooms keep their original period features, the walls are white-washed and there are just a few carefully placed artefacts. A fantastic restaurant serves British classics using the finest local produce. See More
The Crown Hotel Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 17 rooms from £100Local exploring - Located in a lively beachside town ideally placed for accessing Norfolk's coastline and main sites.Sights nearby - The county is host to a number of stately homes including Sandringham Estate, Sheringham Park and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Embark on long walks along some of the 43 miles of coastline Norfolk has to offer.Sailing - Take a seal spotting trip to Blakeney Harbour.
Troon Cottage Hunstanton, Norfolk 4 rooms from £105Local exploring - Ideally situated to explore all Norfolk has to offer.Sights nearby - Visit the country estates of Sandringham, Holkham and Houghton.Great walks - Embark on long coastal walks starting from the town itself.Birdwatching - The north Norfolk coast is world famous for bird watching.Recommended by - Sawdays
A delightful Edwardian townhouse in the historic town of Hunstanton. Traditionally dressed rooms are utterly charming with antiques, chandeliers and chintz fabrics. The bathrooms, however, are a more modern affair. Available half the year for self-catering, it's the ideal spot for a family holiday. See More
The Lifeboat Inn Thornham, Norfolk 13 rooms from £105Country Escape - The ideal rural escape: fire lit lounges, cosy bedrooms, coastal walks and fabulous food.Sights nearby - Visit the houses, gardens and museums of grand stately homes such as Sandringham Estate and Holkham Hall.Birdwatching - North Norfolk is the UK's birdwatching capital and just over a mile from Thornham is RSPB Titchwell.Great walks - Discover the coastline, forests, parks and gardens of Norfolk.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. Downstairs find a warm fire lit lounge, buzzing bar and exemplary restaurant. See More
The Chequers Inn Hunstanton, Norfolk 11 rooms from £108Local exploring - Explore historic Thornham and head off hiking around the areaFoodies - Enjoy absolutely divine dishes from the restaurantGreat walks - Thornham is situated in the midst of the beautiful Holme Dunes National Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning Sandringham House Museum & Grounds, 15 km awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Set in a 16th-century building, The Chequers Inn is located in the village of Thornham. Combines original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature. Features a one Rosette restaurant! A charming stay. See More
Briarfields Brancaster, Norfolk 22 rooms from £110Back to Nature - Overlooking the Titchwell salt marshes there is an abundance of bird and wildlifeGreat walks - The The Coastal Walk stretches from Hunstanton to CromerSailing - Beans Boats Trips offers seal and porpoise spottingSights nearby - The royal Sandringham Estate is well worth a visit
Norfolk Mead Norwich, Norfolk 13 rooms from 130Garden - Well-kept pretty garden with lake and wildfowl. The 12 acres extend to bank of the River BureSights nearby - minute drive away or visit the Sandringham Estate and its beautiful groundsFishing - There is a fishing lake in the grounds and off-river mooringBirdwatching - The private lake is home to swans, geese and other wildfowlRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Charming country house hotel in Norfolk Broads with its own boat for exploring the waterways. Lovely grounds and lake. Smart individually decorated bedrooms. Sumptuous breakfast, Sunday lunch, proper afternoons teas and hampers provided. Perfect for short breaks, weddings or business conferences. See More
The Fritton Arms Fritton, Norfolk 9 rooms from £130Sights nearby - Somerleyton HallDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Having undergone a most fabulous of facelifts this 15th century property has a new lease of life. Bright and beautifully upholstered furnishings create an artsy vibe in airy bedrooms. There is a sitting room with log fire for guests to enjoy, bar, garden and gourmet restaurant. Pets are welcome too! See More
The Globe Inn WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA, Norfolk 7 rooms from £140Country Escape - Discover the sandy beaches, beautiful walking country of Norfolk and come back to superb hearty food.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails in and around Wells.TraditionalBoutiqueRecommended by - Sawdays
A chic inn boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with brightly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and modern bathrooms. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too. See More
Strattons Hotel Swaffham, Norfolk 10 rooms from £140Value chic - An eclectic mix of kitsch and contemporary and antiques and fabric-festooned decadence, all for a reasonalble price tag.Romantic Break - Charming rooms with fourposter beds, free tanding baths, open fires and indulgent room service.Restaurant - Award winning English cooking using fresh, local and organic produce.Local markets - A real highlight is the bargain hunting anituques market in Swaffham every Saturdays.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Titchwell Manor Brancaster, Norfolk 27 rooms from £145Private Hot Tub - There are two rooms whose private patios offer a luxurious wooden outdoor hot tub.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode. See More
Victoria Inn Holkham, Norfolk 20 rooms from £165Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant. See More
Morston Hall Morston, Norfolk 13 rooms from £320Foodies - Morston Hall's restaurant holds a Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes!Cooking classes - Half day cookery demonstrations and three day residential courses available.Sights nearby - Close to plenty of East Anglia's stately homes.Great walks - Walk the coastal path