Search the best hotels in Montichiari
Montichiari is the gateway to Lake Garda, a picturesque town set upon six hills which offer stunning views of Lake Garda in one direction and the Apennines in the other. You are 12kms from the shores of the lake, but the appeals of Montichiari - the castle, theatre, duomo and 12th Century Romanesque abbey, plus all the museums and galleries - make it a great, inexpensive city base for exploring the lake. Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Montichiari tend to either be in the medieval centre of town or a little out of the centre on the pretty hills.
What not to miss:
- Visit the stunning Castello Bonoris in the old town.
- Learn about the local history at the town's Lechi Museum.
- Montichiari is home to number of fascinating religious sights such as the Duomo and a 12th century Romanesque Abbey.
- Within easy striking distance of Lake Garda.
Our list of the best places to stay in Montichiari reflect the town's rich culture and heritage.
The best places to stay in Montichiari
The Best B&Bs in Montichiari
- The Villa San Pietro is a spacious B&B right in the heart of medieval Montichiari. There are just three rooms, each very spacious and individually decorated with antiques and family heirlooms. There’s a very warm welcome and plenty of activities on offer. Room start from around £70 per night.
The Most Romantic Palazzos in Montichiari
- If you want to stay in a fairytale Palazzo, then the Palazzo Novello is for you. There are 18 elegant rooms and suites featuring muslim-draped four-poster beds and huge showers. Rooms start from around £80 per night and you’re just 20mins from the shores of Lake Garda.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- For people who are looking for some place all to themselves, explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The best airport for getting to Montichiari is Verona (41 miles).
- If you are looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Montichiari is in the summer months, when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Montichiari for you?
Best Hotels in Montichiari
Palazzo Novello Montichiari 18 rooms from €95Active Holiday - From golf to a wide-range of watersports there's plenty to do in the area for sports enthusiastsRomantic Break - Romantic rooms feature four poster beds draped in muslinSights nearby - Just 20 mins from Lake Garda, and easy access to Verona, Mantua, Bergamo and Cremona.Traditional
A romantic, fairytale Italian palazzo in the picturesque village of Montichiari. Rooms are elegant and suites come with muslin-draped four posters and huge walk-in showers. The owners ensure you feel like friends, not guests! A perfect base for exploring the lakes and castles of the Brescia region. See More
Villa San Pietro Montichiari (Lombardy) 3 rooms from €100Sights nearby - Right in the centre of mediaeval Montichiari and only 20mins from Lake GardaCooking classes - Learn the art of traditional Italian cuisine from owner AnnaSwimming Pool - There is an olympic sized pool just 2 mins walk awayFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Charming B&B in the centre of mediaeval Montichiari. Three spacious rooms are all individually decorated and feature antiques which have been in the family for years! Expect a warm welcome and loads of activities from ping pong to cookery classes. A real Italian home from home. See More