The 15 Best Value Hotels in New York
Great value and New York are not generally two things that go hand-in-hand. However, there are ways to make a trip to the Big Apple considerably more affordable. Our Hotel Gurus have scanned the length and breadth of the city to bring you a collection of the best value hotels in New York. Within the list is a range of options from accommodation with bunk rooms, ideal for groups of friends, to downright luxurious hotels offered at very reasonable prices. With options located across the city, there is something for everyone regardless of what your trip entails. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
For a boutique
- Moxy NYC East Village is a trendy boutique hotel situated in East Village, the neighbourhood synonymous with the birth of the American counterculture. Cosy, stylish and affordable rooms offer walk-in rain showers and stunning city views. Complete three hip bars and a French restaurant, this is a trendy stay.
- Hotel Hendricks is a trendy upscale boutique hotel just steps away from 5th Avenue. Luxe rooms have a safari-chic feel. Two rooftop bars serve delicious handcrafted cocktails with incredible Manhattan views. A chic and affordable choice for groups of friends.
For long stays
- Habitat 101 is a collection of fully furnished serviced apartments in the trendy neighbourhood of Greenpoint. Airy and spacious studios and lofts offer kitchens, workspaces, contemporary artworks, bohemian accents and stunning city views. The ideal solution for anyone planning a longer stay.
- Evelyn Hotel is a surprisingly affordable art-deco hotel. Stylish and sophisticated rooms have vintage touches and antique furnishings. Benno, the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, offers a memorable fine-dining experience featuring coastal Mediterranean cuisine. Complete with a renowned cocktail bar — this is an alluring choice.
- The Jane Hotel is a unique boutique stay offering affordable accommodation in the historic West Village. Accommodation options include bunk rooms, single cabins, or wonderfully retro doubles. The popular rooftop nightclub gives the property a youthful feel. Ideal for groups of friends.
- CitizenM New York is an innovative, modern hotel with chic design. Perfectly placed to explore the city, It’s about one minute from Times Square. With wall-to-wall windows and a panoramic rooftop bar — this is a chic stay.
- Room Mate Grace is a funky and lively hotel also just minutes from Times Square with surprisingly great spa facilities, including a colourfully illuminated indoor pool with underwater music and a swim-up bar!
- Another hotel near Times Square is Moxy NYC Times Square. This lively and social boutique hotel offers contemporary rooms with epic city views. Relish the sunset and savour a cocktail at Magic Hour, the largest all-season, indoor/outdoor rooftop bar in NYC with its own mini amusement park. A good option for the young and trendy.
- Hotel Scherman is a chic Parisian boutique hotel set in Midtown Manhattan. Elegant rooms are spacious and the best have kitchenettes. Pick this property for the location, delicious French breakfasts, and incredible city vistas from the trendy rooftop.
For a quirky stay
- Paper Factory is a quirky and unusual hotel in Long Island City styled as industrial-chic; a modern renovation of a paper factory. The spacious rooms pay homage to the historic industrial architecture whilst featuring upscale and antique furnishings. Mundo serves exotic food, and all communal areas are characterful.
For a hip base
- HGU New York is a mindfully designed and eco-conscious hotel in the NoMad district of New York. Luxurious rooms and suites feature chic modern art collections and custom Turkish patchwork. Sip on artisan cocktails on the terrace and eat at the delicious bistro. A very hip choice offered at great rates.
- Boro Hotel is an uber-hip Queens property offering cutting edge design and a great location just one subway stop from Manhattan. Interiors mix glass alongside concrete with sharp lines and minimalist furniture. A rooftop cocktail bar and superb pizzeria complete the picture at this trendy stay.
- The City Club Hotel feels like a gentlemen’s club because that’s what it used to be: subtly luxurious, classy and welcoming. The French-American restaurant is curated by award-winning chef Danial Boulud, and it’s got a bit of French glamour too.
- Nomo Soho is a luxury hotel boasting a curated collection of vintage and contemporary art, set in the heart of Soho. Accommodation features bright blue and white hues, floor-to-ceiling windows and indulgent marble showers. Nomo Kitchen is a hip joint for dining and cocktails. A stylish city pad offered at exceptionally good rates.
For a B&B
- The Harlem Flophouse is one of our favourite New York B&Bs, lovingly, and recently restored, The Flophouse represents an opportunity to stay in a real New York Victorian brownstone, with cosy rooms with wooden floors and fireplaces. This is a really welcoming place to stay, you’re on a quiet street in Harlem’s cultural quarter, and the place is owned and run by local artists who really want to show you a fantastic time in Harlem. There are just five rooms, so book ahead!
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include our list of the best places to stay in New York or our Guru's recommendations for Manhattan's Best Hotels.
- You could try our Guru's recommendations for 7 of the Best Midtown Manhattan Hotels, 5 of the Best Uptown Manhattan Hotels, 4 of the Best Hotels for Wall Street and the Financial District or 12 of Times Square’s Best Hotels.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
CitizenM New York New York 229 rooms from €105City Style - In the heart of Manhattan, a few minutes from Times Square and Central Park, and rooms have wall-to-wall windows for great viewsValue chic - The hotel is modern, chic, and at the epicentre of NYC, but strives to provide the most reasonable prices.Local exploring - Located so centrally, this hotel is perfect for anyone wanting to explore New York from its very heart.Views - The 360 degree views from the panoramic rooftop bar are truly spectacular.
Innovative and modern hotel in the heart of Manhattan, 1 minute from Times Square. It prioritises experience and value: bright, cosy, clean rooms, all with wall-to-wall windows to immerse the guest in the bustle of NYC at a reasonable price. A panoramic rooftop bar also provides spectacular views. See More
Room Mate Grace New York 139 rooms from €98Local exploring - Minutes from Times Square, Bryant Park, Rockefeller Centre and the Museum of Modern Art, as well as great brand shops.City Style - 1970s inspired hotel minutes from Times Square with an indoor pool and bar, and brightly coloured retro rooms.Swimming Pool - A large, funky indoor pool with colourful light shows, underwater music, a swim-up bar and groovy seating area.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Funky and lively hotel just minutes from Times Square with a colourfully illuminated indoor pool with underwater music and a swim-up bar. The modest, modern rooms are brought to life by vibrant Jonathan Adler wallpaper, and great spa facilities are available (sauna, steam room, gym, pool, massages). See More
City Club Hotel New York 65 rooms from €98City Style - Former gentleman's club turned into chic hotel in fantastically central location with award-winning cuisine from Daniel Boulud.Local exploring - 3 blocks from Times Square, half a mile from the Rockefeller Centre and close to shops like Tiffany & Co, Prada and AppleFoodies - Daniel Boulud's coveted cuisine has Manhattan's fastidious foodies queuing to try it.Restaurant - DB Bistro Moderne from award-winning chef Daniel Boulud: French-American cuisine in a lively front room or intimate back room.Recommended by - I Escape
Impressive former gentleman's club preserving the glamour and style as a hotel just minutes from Times Square and Broadway. The subtly luxurious decor of the bedrooms exudes warmth and class, and award-winning chef Daniel Boulud serves up a coveted menu of French-American dishes in the restaurant. See More
The Harlem Flophouse New York 5 rooms from €112Child friendly - Children under 12 years of age are free.Historic - Fully renovated prewar buildingCity StyleGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Habitat 101 New York 63 rooms from €89City Style - The neighbourhood Green Point is a popular film location and home to some of the largest film and TV stages in New YorkLocal exploring - Discover the trendy bars, restaurants and eateries that Greenpoint and Brooklyn have to offerSights nearby - Habitat 101 is conveniently located providing quick access to ManhattanLocal markets - Visit the local farmers market McGolrick Park on Sundays
Fully furnished serviced apartments in the trendy neighbourhood of Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Airy and spacious studios and lofts with kitchens, workspaces, contemporary artworks, bohemian accents and stunning city views of Manhattan and Brooklyn. The ideal solution anyone planning a longer stay. See More
Paper Factory New York (Long Island City) 123 rooms from €115Local exploring - A little off the beaten track, offering the perfect urban retreat, but well connected to the sights of NYC.Architectural - 100-year old paper factory with some original architecture retained and trendy brick and stone walls.City Style - Located in a 100-year-old paper factory, lovingly restored, salvaging flooring and furniture.Value chic
Quirky and unusual hotel in Long Island city styled as industrial-chic; a modern renovation of a paper factory. The spacious rooms pay homage to the historic industrial architecture whilst featuring upscale and antique furnishings. Mundo serves exotic food, and all communal areas are characterful. See More
HGU New York New York 90 rooms from €94Local exploring - Situated in the heart of NoMad - perfect for discovering trendy restaurants, landmark sites and moreSights nearby - Explore Central Park with the Zoo, Rumsey Playfield, Delacorte Theatre and John Lennon’s iconic memorial at Strawberry FieldsRestaurant - Ground floor stylish restaurant serving lunch and dinner from a simple bistro-style menuGreat walks - Take a trip to the High Line and see art installations
A mindfully designed and eco-conscious hotel in the NoMad district of New York. Luxurious rooms and suites feature chic modern art collections, custom Turkish patchwork rugs and white-tiled bathrooms. Sip on artisan cocktails on the terrace and eat at the delicious bistro. A hip base. See More
Nomo Soho New York 263 rooms from €101Local exploring - SoHo is infused with creativity, evocative expression, and artistic dedicationRestaurant - Guests receive $15 Daily Dining credit to NoMo Kitchen which offers a rustic American menu with global influencesSights nearby - Little Italy and various art galleries and shops are within a 5-minute walkSpa - In-room spa services can be arranged
A luxury hotel, boasting a curated collection of vintage and contemporary art, set in the heart of Soho. Accommodation features bright blue and white hues, floor-to-ceiling windows and indulgent marble showers. Nomo kitchen is open for all day dining and cocktails. A stylish city pad. See More
Moxy NYC East Village New York (East Village) 286 rooms from €102City - Situated in NYC's East Village, the Lower Manhattan neighbourhood synomous with rock ‘n’ roll, outsider art and LGBTQ+ activismCity Style - Each floor draws inspiration from a different era in East Village's history - from the earliest settlers to modern dayLocal exploring - The East Village is a place infused with the spirit of rebellion and the creative, experimental, edge of youthSights nearby - Located directly across from famed music venue Webster Hall and just blocks from Union Square and New York University
A trendy boutique hotel situated in East Village, the neighbourhood synonymous with the birth of the American counterculture. Cosy, stylish and affordable rooms offer walk-in rain showers and stunning city views. Sip artisan cocktails at one of the three bars and dine on French cuisine. A hip stay. See More
Boro Hotel New York (Long Island City) 108 rooms from €98Weddings - From small intimate gatherings to events with upto 200 guests - the New York backdrop makes this a memorable locationCity Style - Designed by architects Grzywinski+Pons, this is a stylish and functional city space perfect for the young and trendyLocal exploring - Surrounded by a thriving scene of bars and restaurants, plus you are just one metro stop from ManhattanLocal markets - During the summer months, a trip to LIC Flea and Food is a mustRecommended by - Tablet
An uber-hip Queens property offering cutting edge design and a great location just one subway stop from Manhattan. Interiors mix glass alongside concrete with sharp lines and minimalist furniture. A rooftop cocktail bar and superb pizzeria complete the picture at this trendy stay. See More
Hotel Hendricks New York 167 rooms from €117Local exploring - The Midtown Manhattan hotel is at the epicentre of all the sights and wonders of New York such as Bryant Park and Herald SquareCity Style - A modern luxury hotel with interiors by celebrated designer Marchello PozziGreat walks - Amble around Central Park the famous public park known for its historic landmarks, live entertainment and playgroundsSights nearby - Take a trip to the observation deck of the Empire State Building
A trendy upscale boutique hotel just steps away from 5th Avenue. Luxe, safari-chic retreat type rooms have animal prints, hardwood floors, warm wood finishes and marble bathrooms. Two rooftop bars serving delicious handcrafted cocktails with incredible Manhattan views. Perfect for groups of friends. See More
Evelyn Hotel New York 160 rooms from €121Foodies - Benno, the hotel's Michelin star restaurant, offers a distinct fine-dining experience featuring coastal Mediterranean cuisineLocal exploring - From uptown to downtown, east side to west, The Evelyn Hotel is situated conveniently to all of Manhattan's destinationsValue chic - Really affordable prices, especially for this area of ManhattanRestaurant - Three dining options with a casual Roman-inspired bakery, café and trattoria, as well as, a fine-dining Mediterranean restaurant
An affordable art-deco hotel set just north of Madison Square Garden in trendy NoMad. Stylish and sophisticated rooms have vintage touches, antique furnishings and marble bathrooms with heated floors. Michelin starred Benno restaurant is unmissable and there's Leonelli's for a cocktail or two. See More
Moxy NYC Times Square New York 612 rooms from €126Local exploring - A New York minute from everywhere you want to be: the Theater District, Garment District, 5th Avenue shopping and Hudson YardsCity Style - Sip on artisan cocktails whilst gazing at the skyline at THE best rooftop bar in the whole of ManhattanHotel Entertainment - Magic hour has an "urban amusement park” concept, nightly live DJs and epic skyline viewsValue chic - Contemporary and stylish rooms in a prime location at an affordable price
A lively and social boutique hotel just steps from Times Square. Contemporary rooms are compact yet well designed with epic city views. Relish the sunset and savour a cocktail at Magic Hour, the largest all-season, indoor/outdoor rooftop bar in NYC with its own mini amusement park. Manhattan chic. See More
The Jane Hotel New York 208 rooms from €121Groups - The bunk rooms & cabins (offered at very reasonable rates) make this a great choice for friends wanting a Manhattan locationLocal exploring - Perfectly placed near the trendy Meatpacking District and walking distance to Chelsea, Soho, and Union SquareRestaurant - The Old Rose serves Italian fareFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
A unique boutique stay offering affordable accommodation in the historic West Village. Choose from bunk rooms, single cabins (with a distinctly ship-like feel), or wonderfully retro doubles. The popular rooftop nightclub gives the property a youthful feel. Ideal for groups of friends. See More