- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Varenna
Serene, lakeside Varenna is a beautiful village lush with plants and flowers. The village rises upwards from the lake, through winding alleyways past traditional Italian architecture, to a row of lovely villas and a church. The best places to stay in Varenna are those with the best views of the lake.
Just a short ferry ride from bella Bellagio, with its pastel coloured villas and graceful cafes, and Menaggio and Griante, Varenna is also a lovely place from which to start strolling. You’ll find a heady mix of beauty and perfume whichever way you walk.
Just remember that Lake Como is an immensely popular destination, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Varenna, do yourself a favour and book early!
For a chic B&B
- Casa Contrada Bella has just three chic rooms with stylish interiors and two with small kitchenettes. It's perfect for a romantic break with no kids allowed and is just steps away from Varenna's bars and restaurants.
For a traditional feel
- The Albergo Milano is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms, triples and apartments, all with whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a lovely restaurant.
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous ten room townhouse hotel right by the lake at Varenna. The decor is traditional, with stone floors, pastel walls and private balconies. Family friendly and laid back, the Albergo Olivedo also has a lovely little Italian restaurant. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
- The Hotel du Lac is also lakeside. Here you'll find sixteen comfortable rooms, some with balconies and a shaded dining area overlooking the water.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Varenna for you?
Best Hotels in Varenna
Albergo Olivedo 10 rooms from $126Varenna
Gorgeous townhouse hotel on Lake Como. Charmingly traditional bedrooms have stone floors, pastel walls, and private balconies. Magnificent views from every room and authentic Italian food. Laid back, family friendly.Views - Great views over Lake ComoSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Casa Contrada Bella 3 rooms from $149Varenna
A small guest house with three charming bedrooms - wrought iron bed heads, exposed wooden beams, exposed stone wall. Two with a small kitchenette and one with a balcony. Restaurants within walking distance and the beach is just steps away. A great value base for exploring the area.Value chic - Stylish rooms which start from just €130 per night.Sights nearby - Situated in the historical centre of Varenna. 14th Century Church - Chiesa di San Giorgio is very close byGreat walks - Plenty of good walking routes in the area whether you want a gentle stroll or energertic hike.Sailing - Sail on the lake
Albergo Milano 14 rooms from $149Varenna
Charming lakeside hotel. An enchanting setting on Lake Como, various rooms, triples and apartments, with white washed walls and private balconies. Very good restaurant and spectacular views from the terrace. A great choice for families, groups and romantic breaks.Sit-out Terrace - Fabulous restaurant terrace over Lake Como.Views - Great views from hotelFamiliesGroupsRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel du Lac 16 rooms from $200Varenna (Lake Como)
A charming lakeside hotel with 16 comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms - some with lake views and private balconies. The hotel has a peaceful terrace overlooking the lake with a lovely shaded dining area. A family run property and the number one spot to explore the local area.Romantic Break - Draw back the curtains in the morning for unforgettable views of Lake ComoBack to Nature - Hills, lakes and stunning countryside on your doorstepSights nearby - Spend the day exploring nearby VeronaGreat walks - Enjoy walking in the nearby hills