- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Family Hotels on Lake Como
Lake Como is known for being beautiful, serene, pristine, and rather glamourous. Which aren’t necessarily the words you might choose for the perfect family holiday destination, but there are also plenty of family friendly things to do here, hundreds of restaurants to try out - and never need to return to - and it’s wonderfully safe and friendly. Our Guru’s list of the best family hotels on Lake Como will help provide you with the right base so that you and your family can frolic freely against this picturesque backdrop.
It’s surprising how many of Lake Como’s elegant grand dame hotels have made the list of the best family hotels on Lake Como, but many of them have lovely family suites and villas, and hundreds of years worth of experience in making sure all your family has a good time. But you don’t have to have a big budget to enjoy yourself here, and there are some great value options on our Guru’s list of the best family hotels on Lake Como as well. And it’s just 90minutes from Milan airport, where you'll find plenty of budget flights… This view could be yours.
The Best Family Hotels on Lake Como
For something special
- Bellagio is one of the most glamorous of Lake Como’s beautiful lakeside towns, know for its wonderful pastel villas and elegant cafes, but families are welcome here too, especially in the Hotel Florence, a stunning hotel with design mimicking its Florentine namesake. It has just 27 lovely rooms and sumptuous suites, with private balconies and spectacular views - of course! There’s also a gourmet restaurant and a spa.
- The Villa d'Este is another very special place to stay on Lake Como. Opulent, traditional and almost regal suites, rooms and villas have all the trappings of luxury plus private balconies and specular lake views. Plus they have an excellent restaurant, pool and spa and their own private boat.
With a view
- The Relais Villa Vittoria, right beside the lake in Laglio, is another quite sumptuous but family friendly hotel. As well as having spectacular views over the lake, the Villa Vittoria also has an excellent restaurant, and a beautiful pool and sun terraces.
- The elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge, and five stars worth of beautifully understated interiors. Plus generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa and parklands surrounding the hotel. Plus, one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
For great value
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous ten room townhouse hotel right by the lake in affordable Varenna. The decor is traditional, with stone floors, pastel walls and private balconies. Family friendly and laid back, the Albergo Olivedo also has a lovely little Italian restaurant. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
- The Albergo Milano, also in Varenna, is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. The collection of 14 rooms, triples and apartments, all have whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a lovely restaurant. And the room rate starts at around £110 per night.
- Lezzeno’s Nest on the Lake is a charming little lakeside B&B with five rooms and self-catering apartments. Bedrooms have four-poster beds and private terraces and there are lovely sun decks to share. They’ll also rent you a bike or a canoe. And all for under £100 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best family hotels on Lake Como might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como,
- or the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Florence 27 rooms from $177Bellagio
Stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Como. Interior design mimics its Florentine namesake in its elegance and combinations of colour. Sumptuous suites with private balconies, gourmet restaurant, spa and spectacular views. A very romantic and sophisticated spot.Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Relais Villa Vittoria 11 rooms from $183Laglio
Utterly romantic hotel on the edge of Lake Como. Spectacular views, delicately sumptuous rooms, excellent restaurant and terraces, and plenty to do on the lake. Honeymooners would be in heaven!Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsWellbeingRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Grand Hotel Tremezzo 89 rooms from $329Tremezzo
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands.Views - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountains5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Villa d'Este 152 rooms from $503Cernobbio
Romantic lakeside opulence without compromise. Almost regal bedrooms, suites, and villas have rich chintzy fabrics, chandeliers and private balconies. Spectacular lake views, excellent restaurant, pool and spa, and private boats. Magnificently special.Views - Stunning views over Lake ComoLuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Albergo Milano 14 rooms from $149Varenna
Charming lakeside hotel. An enchanting setting on Lake Como, various rooms, triples and apartments, with white washed walls and private balconies. Very good restaurant and spectacular views from the terrace. A great choice for families, groups and romantic breaks.Sit-out Terrace - Fabulous restaurant terrace over Lake Como.Views - Great views from hotelFamiliesGroupsRecommended by - Sawdays
Nest on the Lake 5 rooms from $126Lezzeno
An adorable lakeside B&B with rooms and self-catering apartments. Elegant bedrooms have four poster beds and private terraces. Lovely sun deck and bikes and canoes to rent. Great value for families, groups or couples.Views - Wonderful views over Lake ComoValue chicSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close byKayaking - Rent one of the B&B's canoes
Albergo Olivedo 10 rooms from $126Varenna
Gorgeous townhouse hotel on Lake Como. Charmingly traditional bedrooms have stone floors, pastel walls, and private balconies. Magnificent views from every room and authentic Italian food. Laid back, family friendly.Views - Great views over Lake ComoTraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays