- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como
The hotels along Lake Como’s beautiful, pristine shores are known for traditional luxury. Many are family run and have been for generations, and have a certain dignified ambience which reflects their position within such a spectacular vista. This sunny, peaceful spot has been the holiday destination of choice of literary figures and aristocratic characters since people started travelling for pleasure, and some of the best luxury hotels on Lake Como have been here since the beginning.
Our Gurus share a sympathy with the tradition of the place, with the aristocratic villas and their beautiful gardens, and the traditional grand hotels with their pillars and plush decor, but their list of the best luxury hotels on Lake Como does include a few more modern offerings - if that’s your preference.
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como for Romance
- The Villa d'Este is an opulent, 152 room hotel right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio. The decor is almost regal, with rooms, suites and villas decorated in rich fabrics, and with luxurious features like private balconies and chandeliers. There’s an excellent pool and spa, plus the hotel has its own private boats.
- If you're looking for ultimate luxury and relaxation in a truly glorious setting, the Casta Diva Resort and Spa in Lake Como is perfect. Naturally it's five stars, and its two restaurants are excellent. But it also has a wonderful floating swimming pool, and a subterranean spa hewn into the rock of the shoreline.
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como - Traditional Luxury
- Bellagio’s opulent Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an elegant grand dame, with all the trappings of old fashioned luxury. Think doric columns, beautiful antiques, frescoed ceilings, grand sun terraces, spectacular lake views - of course - and a Michelin starred restaurant. They also have a private boat.
- With views across to Bellagio, the supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge, and five stars worth of beautifully understated interiors. Plus generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa and parklands surrounding the hotel. And one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como - Contemporary Luxury
- Villa Lario is an all suite luxury property on Lake Como's shores. Here you'll find classic Italianate architecture with thoroughly modern interiors. There's just five suites and an independent villa, plus a private jetty, stunning infinity pool and restaurant serving modern Italian cuisine. A seriously stylish choice!
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best luxury hotels on Lake Como might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como,
- or the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni 95 rooms from $298Bellagio
Opulent largesse and Five Star luxury at this elegant grand hotel. Bedrooms and suites have frescoed ceilings, Doric columns, and antique furniture. Michelin-run restaurant, spa, terraces, spectacular views of the lake, and a private boat to take you onto it. Romantic, pampering, historic.HoneymoonsRomantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Casta Diva Resort & Spa 73 rooms from $505Blevio
A Five Star luxury spa hotel on Lake Como. Sprawling villas house magnificent rooms, a huge spa, and two gourmet restaurants. The floating swimming pool extends into the lake. A great choice for total pampering and relaxation.Spa - Subterranean spa hewn from the lakeside rockFoodiesViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Villa d'Este 152 rooms from $503Cernobbio
Romantic lakeside opulence without compromise. Almost regal bedrooms, suites, and villas have rich chintzy fabrics, chandeliers and private balconies. Spectacular lake views, excellent restaurant, pool and spa, and private boats. Magnificently special.Views - Stunning views over Lake ComoLuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Grand Hotel Tremezzo 89 rooms from $329Tremezzo
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands.Views - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountains5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Villa Lario 5 rooms from $434Pognana Lario, Lake Como
Chic Italian architecture meets modern luxury. Elegant all suite accommodation (two corner suites with wrap around balconies), right on Lake Como's shore. Enjoy watersports from the private jetty or relax by the elegant infinity pool. A fine Italian restaurant and stylish lounge complete the pictureLocal exploring - Ideal luxury base for explore Lake Como and the surrounding areaViews - Stunning views over Lake Como to the mountains beyondGreat walks - There are great walks for all levels of fitness in the surrounding countrysideCooking classes - The chef runs cookery classes for hotel guests