The 12 Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como
The hotels around Lake Como’s beautiful, pristine shores are known for traditional luxury. Many are family-run and have been for generations, and have a certain dignified ambience which reflects their position within such a spectacular location. This sunny, peaceful spot has been the holiday destination of choice of literary figures and aristocratic characters since people started travelling for pleasure, and some of the best luxury hotels on Lake Como have been here since the very beginning. Our hotel experts have hand-selected their favourite luxury destinations around Lake Como chosen for their design, amenities, setting, and service. From sleek contemporary properties to grand old dames — there is something for most tastes here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next getaway?
- Villa d'Este is an opulent hotel right on the water’s edge in the charming village of Cernobbio. The decor is almost regal, with rooms, suites and villas decorated in rich fabrics, and with luxurious features like private balconies and chandeliers. There’s an excellent pool and spa, a fabulous fine dining restaurant, and an intimate bar - plus the hotel has its own private boats. The perfect spot for a romantic getaway.
- If you're looking for ultimate luxury and relaxation in a truly glorious setting, the five star Mandarin Oriental across the lake between Blevio and Torno is exceptional. Boasting more great eateries, a wonderful floating swimming pool, and a subterranean spa hewn into the rock of the shoreline — this is an indulgent choice for couples and honeymooners.
- Further up Lake Como, back on the western shore, the Relais Villa Vittoria is an utterly romantic hotel set in a secluded spot. Expect spectacular views, sumptuous rooms, an excellent restaurant, a spa, terraces, and plenty to do on the lake. A great choice for a romantic hideaway.
For traditional design
- Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an opulent villa set in a prime location in Bellagio on the shores of Lake Como. Grand interiors boast antiques, Persian rugs, Murano chandeliers and frescoed ceilings. With a Michelin starred restaurant, two pools, a tennis court, and a spa — you'll wish for nothing here.
- With views across to Bellagio, the supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge. Expect generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant, a spa, and parklands, while one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
- Set just above Bellagio, with stunning lake views, the Hotel Belvedere is a peaceful retreat which has been run by one family for five generations. The elegant bedrooms and apartments have parquet flooring and Italian furnishings. Guests can enjoy the secluded garden shaded by olive trees and the heated infinity pool with a view.
For a boutique stay
- Palazzo Albricci Peregrini is a tranquil boutique hotel set around a pretty courtyard garden. Elegant interiors feature bare brickwork and fine furniture, with local artwork and ornaments from around the world. A stylish yet laidback stay.
- Vista Palazzo is a luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture, elegant wooden floors, and velvet armchairs. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant, this is a luxurious base.
For contemporary style
- Villa Lario is an all-suite luxury property on Lake Como's shores. Here you'll find classic Italianate architecture with thoroughly modern interiors. There are just five suites and an independent villa, plus a private jetty, stunning infinity pool and restaurant serving modern Italian cuisine. A seriously stylish choice!
- Filario Hotel in Lezzeno is a super stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and a private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones with modern amenities and large showers. A restaurant with a terrace overlooking the lake serves traditional Italian fare. A sleek stay.
- Il Sereno, in Torno on the banks of Lake Como, offers luxurious designer suites with breathtaking lake views. Sit out on the terrace with incredible views and enjoy exquisite modern Italian cuisine from the restaurant.
- Hotel Villa Flori offers an unbeatable setting on the water's edge of Lake Como. A beautiful hotel with fabulous facilities. Boasting contemporary chic rooms and suites — the best of which have enormous balconies overhanging the lake. Complete with al fresco dining, delicious Italian cuisine, and a spa.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como.
- Refine your search to just the best hotels with a view on Lake Como or the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies.
- Search by location and focus on the best places to stay in Bellagio, the best places to stay in Como or the best places to Stay in Varenna.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como Blevio 73 rooms from £607Elegant - A grand 19th century villa decorated with that signiture Asian style of the Mandarin Oriental groupFamilies - Interconnecting rooms make this a great choice for those travelling with childrenTotal relaxation - With a glorious spa and quiet location this is a place to come and truly unwindHotel boats for hire - Take a cruise across the lake on one of the property's boatsRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Villa d'Este Cernobbio 152 rooms from £599Garden - Set amid 25 acres of park including manicured gardens which feature magnificent fountains, grand terraces, and trimmed topiaryFoodies - The restaurant is a smart affair (there's a dress code). It served impeccible Italian fine-diningActive Holiday - There's plenty to keep everyone busy here from trekking to SUP or tennisElegant - Complete with glittering chandeliers and traditional art worksRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Hotel Belvedere, Bellagio Bellagio 64 rooms from £256Views - From its elevated position above Bellagio, the Belvedere enjoys fabulous lake views.Local exploring - A great base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding area.Spa - With Turkish Bath, sauna and comfort zone with stunning mountain views, plus wide range of beauty, body and massage treatmentsRestaurant - Delicious Italian cuisine can be enjoyed either in the Verandah restaurant or outside on the terrace
Set back on a gorgeous hillside, this peaceful retreat has been run by one family for five generations. Enjoy the secluded garden spots shaded by olive trees and the heated infinity pool with a view. Elegant bedrooms and apartments with parquet flooring and Italian furnishings. A beautiful spot. See More
Filario Hotel Lezzeno 13 rooms from £278Total relaxation - With its private beach, infinity pool with a view, delicious Italian food and super stylish rooms, there's no need to move!Foodies - Authentic Italian cuisine served either in the stylish restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lakeSelf catering to rent - The property features a range of one to three bedroom properties - ideal for families or small groupsLakeside - Lake Como - with private beach area
A super stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones with modern amenities and large showers. Restaurant with terrace overlooking the lake serves trad Italian fare. A chic spot in an excellent lakeside location. See More
Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzo 89 rooms from £521Spa breaks - T-spa specialises in anti-stress and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed with ESPAOutstanding location - Set right on Lake Como and commanding spectacular views, this property is hard to beatFoodies - Dine in the superb La Terrazza which serves traditional gourmet Italian fareViews - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountainsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands. See More
Villa Lario Pognana Lario, Lake Como 5 rooms from £425Romantic Break - Gorgeous suites, stunning views, lakeside location and delicious Italian food......It's all here!Local exploring - Ideal luxury base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding areaViews - Stunning views over Lake Como to the mountains beyondGreat walks - There are great walks for all levels of fitness in the surrounding countryside
Chic Italian architecture meets modern luxury. Elegant all suite accommodation (two corner suites with wrap around balconies), right on Lake Como's shore. Enjoy watersports from the private jetty or relax by the elegant infinity pool. A fine Italian restaurant and stylish lounge complete the picture See More
Il Sereno Torno 30 rooms from £651Honeymoons - This slice of paradise is the ideal spot for that extra special honeymoon. A pampering hotel in an unforgettable location.Romantic Break - Stunning accommodation, beautiful views and exquisite cuisine make Il Sereno a great destination for a romantic breakFoodies - Michelin star chef Andrea Berton is in charge of Il Sereno's menu- guaranteed to please!Great walks - Head along the banks of the lakes or if you're feeling more adventurous then tackle the many mountain hikes all around the areaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Situated in Torno on the banks of Lake Como, Il Sereno offers luxurious designer suites boasting breathtaking views. Sit out on the terrace enjoying exquisite modern Italian cuisine from the restaurant! Head off on a boat tour and explore the area. An enchanting and romantic spot. See More
Palazzo Albricci Peregrini 22100 Como CO 6 rooms from £304Romantic Break - Set in a romantic and elegantly furnished old palazzo in the town, this is an ideal romantic hideaway close to tourist hotspotsSights nearby - In Como head to the cathedral and the Basilica di Sant’Abbondio; on the shores visit Villa Serbelloni and Villa BalbianelloSailing - Take a boat ride on Lake Como with one of the any boat companies and explore its beautiful shores and townsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A tranquil boutique hotel set around a pretty courtyard garden. Elegant interiors feature bare brickwork and fine furniture, with local artwork and ornaments from around the world. Expect fine Frette linen in the high-ceilinged rooms painted in muted tones. The homemade breakfast is a highlight. See More
Relais Villa Vittoria Laglio 11 rooms from £182Weddings - Receptions and intimate marriages are regularly held here and can cater for up to 68 seated guestsTotal relaxation - Spend days lounging in the infinity pool overlooking the lake and mountains or unwind in the spaLocal exploring - Just a short paddle from the village of LaglioViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni Bellagio (CO) 95 rooms from £536Foodies - There are two restaurants (both good), the best of which is Michelin-starred and serves sophisticated Italian molecular cuisineFamilies - Families are welcome here and there are plenty of great facilities onsite including the superb indoor pool with slidesGrand Hotel - Grand interiors include marble columns and staircases, antique Persian rugs, trompe l'oeil, and Murano chandeliersHistoric - A Neo-classical building originally built as a luxurious holiday villa for an aristocratic Milanese family in 1852
An opulent and historic villa set in a prime location in Bellagio on the shores of Lake Como. Grand interiors boast antiques, Persian rugs, Murano chandeliers and frescoed ceilings. With a Michelin starred restaurant, two pools, a tennis court, and a spa — you'll wish for nothing here. See More
Villa Flori Cernobbio 53 rooms from £188Cycling - Bike storage is provided and guests can either take an easy amble around the lake or head into the mountainsElegant - Beautifully mixing original stuccoes, floral frescoes and wooden floors alongside chic contemporary touchesFoodies - Ristorante Raimondi offers excellent Italian al fresco diningRomantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!
Vista Palazzo Como 18 rooms from £811Local exploring - Well positioned in Piazza Cavour which is located right on Lake Como's waterfront and a short stroll from the historic centreBoutique - An intimate stay with bespoke furniture, limited rooms, and personalised serviceSailing - The hotel organises private boat tours of the lake in stylish mahogany Riva boatsRestaurant - Creative Italian dishes are served in the intimate fourth floor restaurantRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture, elegant wooden floors, and velvet armchairs. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant, this is a luxurious base. See More