Search the best hotels in Wiltshire
Characterised by its sweeping downloads, plains, and mysterious ancient landmarks — Stonehenge being the star — Wiltshire is also a county of grand cathedrals, stately homes, and some of the most picturesque towns in England: Castle Combe and Lacock and Teffont Evias, for starters. Some of the best places to stay in Wiltshire are in these pretty pockets, some are in the historic centres of Salisbury, Bradford upon Avon, Chippenham and Devizes, and some of the best places to stay in Wiltshire are old coaching inns, or converted country estates in the middle of rural-idyll-nowhere.
Some of our Wiltshire Collections:
- Wiltshire's Most Romantic Hotels
- The Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Wiltshire
- Great Pubs with Rooms in Wiltshire
If you’re looking for romantic getaways, or London weekend mini-breaks, these old country estates will definitely be some of the best places to stay in Wiltshire for you. Complete with all the bells and whistles spa facilities, golf courses, clay pigeon shooting, equestrian centres, and Michelin-starred restaurants, these old manors of the well-to-do now welcome everyone into their luxurious interiors. Not all of Wiltshire’s stately homes have been converted into hotels, many of the grandest are now owned by the National Trust. They open Lacock to the public, and much of its village; Stourhead and gardens; Wilton House; Great Chalfield Manor and its Arts and Crafts garden; and Westwood Manor, for starters. The National Trust also run Avebury, both the manor house and the little stone circle sister of Stonehenge.
Wiltshire also has more henges, long barrows and mounds than any other county, so the best places to stay in Wiltshire are a shoo-in for anyone with an interest in history or archaeology. It has some wonderful matching museums too. If you’re in Wiltshire with kids, Longleat House and Safari Park will be a certain crowd pleaser, and there are a number of local steam railways too, as well as some fascinating military museums. Walkers visiting Wiltshire are spoilt for choice too. The chalk downlands roll into grazing land and the Salisbury Plain, and to the north start the Cotswolds, and to the south the New Forest.
The Best Places to Stay in Wiltshire
Charming Country House Hotels
- The Manor House is the full picture, an extremely elegant country house turned 48 room hotel, complete with a Michelin-starred restaurant, a superb golf course, and access to a fly-fishing stream. Expect landscaped gardens with hedges, lawns, fountains and statuary; stained glass, grand fireplaces and beamed ceilings; an appropriate collection of antiques; Ferraris in the carpark; and waiting staff in tail suits. Stay in the main house for total grandeur, or in one of the mews cottages along the old village street for homely charm.
- Whately Manor, near Malmesbury, is another luxurious country house escape, also offering Michelin-starred dining, and an award-winning spa with a hydrotherapy pool. The house is charming, very ‘Cotswolds’: long and low, with large windows. There’s an impressive 12 acres of grounds and gardens. Inside are 23 rooms and suites, all individually designed and decorated, making the most of original features like beamed, and pitched ceilings and gable windows. The spa has an impressive menu, including both indoor and outdoor pools. No kids, but you can bring your dog.
For A Special Occasion
- Lucknam Park is another classic country house hotel, with all the traditional bells and whistle, plus an equestrian centre, and a fabulous spa. The painstakingly kept gardens set the tone on your approach, and the house’s rather grand facade only adds to it. The 42 rooms and suites are traditionally decorated, with some four-posters among them, and an excellent array of antiques. The restaurant has a Michelin star, and they offer cooking classes, and if that isn’t to your taste try clay pigeon shooting, tennis, archery, croquet or even falconry. Children are welcome too.
- The Castle Inn is in the heart of Castle Combe near Bath, regularly voted one of ‘England’s prettiest villages’, and regularly used in film shoots. The Castle Inn occupies a centre spot; it's a bit wonky and wonderfully historic. Upstairs the 11 rooms and suites are traditional, rather than chic and sophisticated, but they’re certainly memorable, with four-poster beds, and open fireplaces. The public areas are cosy and the menu in the restaurant is popular with locals and visitors alike. Service is good and there is a sympathetically restored bar which is a great place to cosy up with a drink and enjoy your surroundings.
- The George & Dragon is a fantastically ancient coaching inn with three comfortable rooms over an excellent country restaurant with daily changing menu which, unexpectedly, specialises in seafood, with daily deliveries from St. Mawes, Cornwall. The decor is cheerfully country chic, with exposed beams and open fireplaces, and a collection of antiques.
- The Crown & Anchor is a charming village pub in Ham, which is close to Newbury. Dating from the 18th century this old charmer has been delightfully updated, and its eight guest rooms are simply, but chicly decorated with a cosy, but contemporary, colour scheme and new bathrooms. Although the original beams and charm remain. There are also a couple of self-contained cottages, ideal for families. The inn part is now part pub, part restaurant, serving Modern British fare in cosy spaces with open fireplaces and flagstone floors.
- The Lamb at Hindon is an intimate village inn which has amassed 800 years worth of charm and history, and has now also been renovated to allow for plenty of modern conform too. Its 19 rooms and suites are elegantly decorated, making the most of the original beams and charming layout. Downstairs is a cosy pub and inn, with vast fireplaces, a wonderful old bar and a fantastically hearty restaurant. Perfect for exploring the Salisbury Plains.
- Lacock is a charing English village, and the Sign of the Angel is the medieval-looking inn at its heart. Dating from the 15th century, with a white and wonky-beamed exterior, this is another really great example of an historic Wiltshire inn. Half timbered without, and with oak panels, flagstone floors, and huge fireplaces within, this is a wonderfully traditional choice. There are just five rooms, all with old oak antiques, and the wonderfully traditional pub and dining room downstairs.
- The Pear Tree Inn is a boutique country pub with an excellent restaurant, and eight guest rooms, just outside the charming town of Whitley. Warm, welcoming and cosy are the first words to spring to mind at the Pear Tree Inn, both in the bar and restaurant, and in the guest rooms. This isn’t a sensation in decor, here it’s all about comfort and atmosphere. The restaurant focuses on local produce and is worthy of a visit alone, and there are a number of wonderful walks you can start right from the front door.
- The Compasses Inn in Tisbury is a part-thatched 14th-century inn, with exposed timber frames, open fires, flagstone floors and locally sourced food. The four rooms are in the more modern part of the property and are simple, comfortable, and well priced. The surrounding countryside is awash with public rights of way and great walks for all fitness levels.
- Just outside Bradford-on-Avon, Woolley Grange is a luxurious, family-friendly retreat, converted from an elegant Jacobean mansion and surrounded by extensive gardens. Being both luxurious and family-friendly might seem like a challenge, but they’re doing a great job of it, with 26 rooms and suites, all spacious, and many available to be reconfigured or interconnected for families. The gardens are a joy for all ages; they have set up a wonderful childrens’ garden, with a maze, play shed, a fairy garden and climbing frames. They also have a croquet lawn, and cricket pitch. Inside there’s an Ofsted-registered playroom, table football, and pool. Adults might be more inclined towards the spa, with its steam room and swimming pool. There's an excellent restaurant too.
- Surrounded by Capability Brown’s extensive gardens, and the parklands and zoo of the Longleat Estate, The Bath Arms is a stylish pub-with-rooms. The pub itself is a great stop off, with gastropub fare and an emphasis on locally sourced and seasonal produce. Upstairs are smart ensuite rooms — our favourites with free-standing baths — with some family rooms suitable for two adults and two kids. As well as the zoo, this is a great spot between Bath and Stonehenge.
For a Romantic Weekend Away
- The Beckford Arms is just about the perfect pub with rooms; cosy but modern with natural materials everywhere. Everything, from the Bramley toiletries, to the DVD selection, to the art, has been carefully selected by the owners, and the food is excellent. The menu changes daily but might include whole suckling pig spit-roasted on the bar’s open fire, the kitchen's own hams and piccalilli, game pies with homemade pastry and aged Wiltshire steaks.
- The Peppermill is an owner-run restaurant with rooms on the pretty market square of Devizes. There are 16 rooms and suites upstairs, with options to have a four-poster bed, or stand-alone bathtub if you’re looking for something a bit special. The decor is simple and elegant, but the restaurant is the real lure, offering standout British fare made from locally sourced produce.
For Great Value
- Widbrook Grange is a small country house hotel just outside Bradford-on-Avon. This hotel’s 19 rooms and suites are decorated with a boutique hotel vibe, and plenty of memorable up-cycled antiques and vintage pieces. Like many of the best country house hotels, Widbrook Grange has an indoor pool, a cosy bar with a great gin collection, and an excellent restaurant.
- Timbrell's Yard is another affordable country house style hotel, converted from a Grade II listed building on the banks of the River Avon, right in the heart of Bradford-on-Avon. This is a chic, elegant place to stay, with 17 individually decorated rooms and suites, in muted tones that make the most of the building’s original features, and a restaurant that serves hearty pub meals. You’re only 15 minutes from Bath, so this is a fantastically affordable option if you’re looking for a romantic spot to see a bit of the surrounding area.
- Converted from a listed rectory in Malmsbury, The Rectory Hotel’s transformation has been understandably sympathetic to the original building. There are some really wonderful original features to uncover in the 12 rooms and suites, in the rather grand dining room, light and airy conservatory, and the beautiful gardens. The restaurant is part of the Slow Food Movement, and everything served is grown locally or responsible sourced (as well as tasting divine). There’s a pool too, and both children and dogs are welcome.
- Fosse Farmhouse is a quaint old abode, surrounded by farmland. It has six rooms, decorated with olde worlde charm, and vintage and antique toys. Each of the rooms looks out over green fields. A full English breakfast is served in the cosy kitchen, and the owner makes delicious cakes for guest afternoon teas.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Cottage?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Wiltshire= is easily reached from both the London airports, Heathrow, Gatwick, London Stansted and London City Airport, and via Bristol Airport, which is closer to many destinations as the crow flies. This part of the UK is also fairly well connected by rail, and all the larger towns have stations on lines bound for London. Unless you’re planning to visit only one or two spots, it’s useful to have a car in Wiltshire.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Wiltshire’s climate is closer to the counties in the South West of England, than those in the South East, which means it’s marginally wetter and milder, but generally temperate. The best time to visit Wiltshire depends on what you’re planning. Stonehenge is busiest during the summer, especially around the solstice, and walkers tend to prefer the marginally drier months between April and September. Wiltshire’s numerous National Trust properties are open year round, and there’s plenty to do whenever you visit.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Refine your search to one of Wiltshire’s pretty centres and search just the best places to stay in Bradford upon Avon, Chippenham or Devizes
- Or head straight for Stonehenge, and booking into one of the best places to stay in Salisbury
- You may also want to search by the type of accommodation you’re looking for: great pubs with rooms in Wiltshire, for example or Wiltshire's most romantic hotels
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Wiltshire
Best Hotels in Wiltshire
The George & Dragon Devizes, Wiltshire 3 rooms from £75Restaurant - Recommended.Restaurant with roomsTraditional
The Crown & Anchor Wiltshire 8 rooms from £80Country Escape - Lovely quiet base to explore the Wiltshire countryside, visit historic market towns & head out on beautiful country walksValue chic - Fab for those after somewhere warm, welcoming, stylish yet affordable; a total steal for what's on offerGreat walks - One of the owners has written a book on local walks; pick their brains for a range of optionsFamilies - The charming two bedroom self-catering cottage is well suited to families of all ages
18th-century village pub converted into delightful modern British restaurant & rooms. Oak panelling, exposed beams, flagstone flooring & roaring fires create a homely & laidback feel across beautiful spaces. Cosy-chic individually-styled rooms & self-catered cottages come with local art & antiques. See More
Great Ashley Farm Bradford on Avon (Wilts) 2 rooms from £80Local exploring - Perfectly located to access a number of National Trust properties, The Cotswolds and Longleat.Great walks - Find miles of scenic walking trails starting from near the property.Sights nearby - Make a trip one of the South Wests most famed sites, Stonehenge.Restrictions on children - Adult only
A charming farmhouse boasting beautiful views across picturesque fields. Simply dressed rooms feature sink into beds, soft hues and the best has french doors leading onto a small balcony. Ideally positioned to access the Cotswolds and a number of historical sites. A delightful stay. See More
The Pembroke Arms Salisbury, Wiltshire 9 rooms from £80Local exploring - A great base for exploring Wilton and the surrounding Wiltshire countryside.Great walks - Wander some of ther beautiful walking routes along the nearby River Nadder.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent Salisbury Cathedral.Restaurant - Recommended.
Duchy Rag House Swindon, Wiltshire 3 rooms from £80Sights nearby - Take a trip to nearby Cirencester, the old Roman town of Corinium.Great walks - Beautiful walking routes in the surrounding Cotswolds countryside.Full of character
Timbrell's Yard Bradford on Avon (Bradford-on-Avon) 17 rooms from £71Local exploring - Head into Bath, 15 minutes away from Timbrell's Yard, and wander around the historic city seeing all the sightsValue chic - A lovely stay at great value-what more could you ask for?Great walks - Wander through the gorgeous Prior Park Landscape GardensSights nearby - Pop over and see the historic Farleigh Hungerford CastleRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Timbrell's Yard is located on the banks of the river in Bradford-upon-Avon. Set in a Grade II listed building, this recently refurbished property offers smart boutique accommodation with plenty of muted tones and wooden features. Enjoy hearty pub meals at the restaurant! A lovely spot for couples. See More
King John Inn Tollard Royal, Wiltshire 8 rooms from £90Great walks - Rushmore Park is just five minutes away whilst Cranbourne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs are near.Sights nearby - Salisbury Cathedral, an easy drive away, is a must visit.Restrictions on children - Children older than 8 years are welcome.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Bird & Carter FONTHILL BISHOP, Wiltshire 4 rooms from £90Groups - For small groups or families the two-bedroom suite is a comfortable option, for larger groups the whole place could be rentedCountry Escape - A chic base to discover the beautiful surrounding countryside fromRestaurant - The cafe-restaurant creates casual cuisine using local produce and is open until 4pm.Great walks - The property recommends 18 circular walks around the Nadder Valley and beyond
A stylish rural B&B that comes as an extension to a popular farm shop. The cafe-restaurant is unsurprisingly good — showcasing local produce. Rooms are a chic take on traditional design with simple contemporary fabrics, original features, and roll-top baths. An idyllic rural getaway. See More
The Cowsheds Wiltshire 5 rooms from £92Country Escape - A chic rural property with easy access to the beautiful Cotswold countryside.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside admiring the chocolate box villages along the way.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the city of Bath to view the impressive UNESCO Heritage Site, Roman Baths.Full of character
The Beckford Arms Salisbury, Wiltshire 8 rooms from £95Restaurant - Recommended.Fishing - Fly fishing on the Fonthill estateGreat walks - On the Fonthill EstateLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Bell and Crown Warminster, Wiltshire 6 rooms from £95Sights nearby - Stonehenge, Bruton, Stourhead, Longleat and Salisbury Cathedral are a short drive away.Restaurant - Frequently changing menu serving pub classicsGreat walks - Good for walkers.Boutique
Fosse Farmhouse Chippenham 6 rooms from £95Country Escape - Surrounded by some of England's most beautiful countryside this is a quintessential country stayGreat walks - Castle Combe, 'England's prettiest village' is but a beautiful 30 minute walk awaySights nearby - Bowood House is just a 15 minute drive awayFull of character
A quaint abode surrounded by farmland, comprised of B&B and self catering accommodation. Traditional style bedrooms with classic, carpeted bathrooms overlook green fields. A delicious English breakfast is included and guests can look forward to some of owner Caron's home-baked cakes. See More
The Conigre Melksham, Wiltshire 9 rooms from £97Local exploring - Situated in a bustling market town in the heart of Wiltshire giving easy access to the West country.Sights nearby - A visit to Stonehenge is an absolute must.Full of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
A quaint farmhouse in the historic market town of Melksham. Cosy rooms are traditional in style with exposed brick, softly patterned fabrics and cast iron beds. Indulgent breakfasts are served, there's a bar and conservatory for unwinding and the hosts are ever ready to hand out local advice. See More
The Three Daggers Westbury, Wiltshire 3 rooms from £100Sights nearby - Thirty minutes from Bath, spend a day exploring the town's rich charm and heritage.Great walks - Beautiful walks along the nearby Avon canal.Romantic - Good for couples.Spa
Compasses Inn Tisbury, Wiltshire 4 rooms from £100Great walks - The 'Tisbury' walk can be accessed almost directly from the property.Sights nearby - The ancient site of Stonehenge is within a short drive.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
This 14th century inn has everything one would expect from a country stay. Exposed timber frames, thatched roof, an open fire and flagstone tiles. Rooms are in a more modern part of the property and are decorated in a traditional country style. Food is locally sourced or from the kitchen garden. See More
The Rectory Hotel Malmesbury 12 rooms from £105Foodies - The restaurant supports the Slow Food Movement, so all produce is locally and responsibly sourcedTotal relaxation - Curl up on the sofas with the papers, or move it to the bedroom for a movie fest and a massageRestaurant - A glamorous large windowed, wood panelled dining room. The food is organic, local and sometimes even foraged from the groundsGreat walks - The wellies lining the hall are testiment to the fantastic walks around here, ask your hosts for their favouriteRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A stylish, yet informal, listed period house. Each of the 12 rooms is spacious, light and elegant with a blend of antique and contemporary and the best have in-room bathtubs. A relaxing retreat and a perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds with an excellent restaurant and a large pool. See More
Carriers Farm Malmesbury, Wiltshire 3 rooms from £110Country Escape - A secluded spot, great food and stylish accomodation in a glorious part of Wiltshire.Great walks - Discover the surrounding countryside on long picturesque walks.Sights nearby - Visit the famous National Arboretum at Westonbirt.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming converted milking parlour set in picture perfect farmland with chickens pecking in the fields and rolling hills beyond. Simply dressed rooms are light and airy with wooden floors, white-washed walls and cast iron beds. Sumptuous breakfasts are served and the hosts are ever welcoming. See More
The Bell at Ramsbury Ramsbury, Wiltshire 9 rooms from £110Foodies - Modern British fare is served in the popular restaurant where much of the produce comes from Ramsbury EstateCountry Escape - With cosy interiors, hearty cuisine, and lovely walking country — this is a charming rural getawayGreat walks - There are lovely walks in the surrounding countryside, starting from the village itselfSights nearby - Visit Welford Park or view the sites of Uffington Castle and Liddington Castle
A traditional rural inn set in the heart of Ramsbury on the Ramsbury Estate. A handful of charming rooms feel traditional but fresh & contemporary with exposed beams, muted hues, and simple modern furniture. The restaurant serves award-winning modern British fare. A quaint base for a rural getaway. See More
Lorne House Corsham, Wiltshire 7 rooms from £110Local exploring - There are a number of National Trust sites within a short distance of the property and Bath is easily accessibleGreat walks - Head off on long walks around the surrounding countryside and feel utterly rejuvenatedSights nearby - Go explore historic Bath or pop along to the beautiful Avebury ManorTennis - There are local tennis courts available to hire in Box
Lorne House is a Victorian villa turned B&B in the charming village of Box. The family friendly property offers smart accommodation featuring warm, muted tones and luxurious en suites with wet rooms and rain showers! A great base from which to explore beautiful Wiltshire and Bath. See More
The Northey Arms Box, Wiltshire 5 rooms from £110Local exploring - Perfectly positioned in a village just outside Bath to get the best of both city and countryside.Great walks - Take long walks along the picturesque trails starting straight from the village.Sights nearby - A trip into Bath to see the World Heritage Roman Baths is a must.Full of character
A traditional pub with chic contemporary interiors just outside the historic city of Bath. Elegant rooms are decorated in soft hues - the best have fireplaces - and the bathrooms are large and indulgent. The restaurant serves up pub classics of superlative quality. A comfortable stay. See More
Beechfield House Wiltshire 24 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Stonehenge is just 20 miles away or head into Bath and visit the Pulteney Bridge as well as The Roman BathsGreat walks - Set off on long invigorating walks around the gorgeous countrysideRomantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Late Victorian property turned charming country house hotel with eight acres of gardens. Smartly furnished rooms are individually designed and offer the perfect blend of period style and contemporary chic. Luxury touches include Egyptian cotton bed linen and towels. A splendid country getaway! See More
The Bath Arms Warminster, Wiltshire 17 rooms from £115Families - Very child friendly, with extra beds, cots, highchairs and babysitting all readily available- plus Longleat next door!Value chic - With double rooms starting from as little as £115 per night including breakfast, The Bath Arms is excellent value.Sights nearby - On the Longleat Estate, with safari, extenisve landscaped gardens and spectacular Elizabethan House.Local markets - Frome farmers' market, on the second Saturday of the month, is one of the West Country's best.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Sawdays
Nestled on the Longleat Estate, this stylishly decorated pub reflects the boho-chic of Lord Bath. Modern and comfortable rooms above the quintessentially English pub serving traditional food. Located between Bath and Stonehenge, this pub is a great base for local exploring and family mini breaks. See More
Widbrook Grange Bradford on Avon (Wiltshire) 19 rooms from £117Country Escape - A small boutique property offering some serious country style amidst beautiful landscapes.Great walks - Embark on long walks through the beautifully landscaped gardens and rugged parkland at Stouhead.Sights nearby - Make a trip to nearby Bath to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Roman Baths.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool
A chic country escape set in glorious countryside and with easy access to historic Bath. Individually styled rooms are brimming with charm. A muddle of antiques, well placed artwork and all mod-cons. An indoor pool, enormous selection of gins and exemplary restaurant make this a special place. See More
The Lamb at Hindon Salisbury, Wiltshire 19 rooms from £119Romantic Break - Recently refurbished rooms are elegantly decorated with crisp linens and antique pieces, plus there's cosy dining in the bar.Country Escape - A picture perfect English country Inn, complete with inglenook fireplaces, flag-stone floors and heavy wooden beams.Great walks - The hotel has compiled a range of walks starting from the doorstep.Sights nearby - Stonehenge is a short drive away and well worth checking out.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Castle Inn Hotel Chippenham 11 rooms from £119Country Escape - Located in the heart of Castle Combe: "England's prettiest village"Full of characterTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Dating back to the 12th century this historic inn has seen the likes of Oliver Cromwell pass through its heavy wooden doors. Rooms are decorated in rich colours and heavy fabrics and include original exposed beams and some, four-poster beds. A hearty breakfast is included in the rate. A great stay. See More
Red Lion Freehouse Pewsey, Wiltshire 5 rooms from £120Foodies - The Red Lion is renowned for its fabulous 3 AA Rosette awarded cuisineViews - Either of the beautiful Wiltshire countryside or the River AvonRestaurant - Fabulous award winning pub foodSights nearby - Just 9 miles from StonehengeRecommended by - Sawdays
Sign of the Angel Lacock, Wiltshire 5 rooms from £120Country Escape - Set in the National Trust village of Lacock and on the edge of the Cotswolds, this homely retreat is the perfect escape.Great walks - Bring a packed lunch from the the hotel and exlore the picteresque Cotswolds with walks starting straight from the hotel door.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Lacock Abbey, taking in the impressive building and extensive botanical gardens.Restaurant - Fantastic foodRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A wonderfully warm and homely 15th century inn in the exceptionally beautiful Lacock village. Newly renovated and bursting with character- think wonky beams, huge fires, antique beds, artful oak furniture and flagstoned passageways. The restaurant serves wonderful locally sourced cuisine. Heaven. See More
Prince Hill House Devizes (Worton) 5 rooms from £120Country Escape - An elegant country house surrounded by beautiful landscape.Sights nearby - Visit any one of the nearby National Trust properties including Stourhead, Lacock Abbey, Mompesson House and Bowood House.Great walks - Discover miles of scenic walking trails starting straight from the property.Full of character
An imposing country house set in beautifully manicured gardens. Following a thorough renovation the Grade II listed property mixes contemporary and traditional styles. From simple double rooms to apartments and suites this is a prefect spot for a romantic or family getaway. See More
Tresco House Wiltshire 5 rooms from £130Great walks - Join the footpaths that run through the scenic Wessex Downs straight from the property's garden.Sights nearby - Visit historic Avebury and the mystical ring of stones dating back to around 2600 BC.Full of characterTraditional
A charming country house set in a quiet village just outside Marlborough. Two traditionally dressed rooms are within the main house and there is also the option of two beautiful self catered cottages. Ideally located to explore the Wessex Downs and the South West counties. See More
The Bradley Hare Warminster, Wiltshire 12 rooms from £135Restaurant - A destination in its own right, fabulous food.Great walks - Surrounded by wonderful countryside.Short breakBoutiqueRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Set within the historic grounds of the Duke of Somerset’s estate, this traditional village pub with rooms boasts art and antiques and a cool cosy vibe curated by a Soho House designer. Fine dining, roaring fires and a lovely summer garden make it a perfect weekend getaway in beautiful countryside. See More
The Pear Tree Inn Whitley, Wiltshire 8 rooms from £137Country Escape - A charming inn with pretty garden and easy access to beautiful countryside.Sights nearby - Visit Lacock Abbey a country house with monastic roots and once home to William Henry Fox Talbot.Great walks - Find miles of beautiful walking trails starting straight from the property.Full of character
A boutique country pub complete with excellent restaurant. Individually styled rooms keep the original charm yet with a little added contemporary flare. The restaurant focuses on local produce and is worthy of a visit alone. There's plenty to explore in the local area too. See More
The Methuen Arms Corsham, Wiltshire 12 rooms from £140Local exploring - Bristol, Bath and Stonehenge are all within exploring distance.Great walks - Ideal for long country walksRestaurant - No nonsense locally sourced, seasonal food.Fishing - Chippenham Angling ClubRecommended by - Sawdays
The Peppermill Devizes 16 rooms from £145Foodies - The restaurant is the real lure serving standout British dishes using local Wiltshire produceLocal markets - Sample local produce at Devizes' weekly (Thursday) market located in the historic Market Square right outside the hotelGreat walks - Get out of the town and take long scenic walks along the canal networkRestaurant with rooms
An owner-run restaurant with rooms located on Devizes' pretty market square. A traditional exterior opens onto modern interiors. Rooms are individually styled and feature luxury linens, bright colours, and some have roll-top baths. The restaurant is the real lure serving standout British dishes. See More
The Rudloe Arms Wiltshire 40 rooms from £145Foodies - With Marco Pierre White's name to the hotel, there's no denying that the restaurant is one of the stand out features.Great walks - Go for beautiful walks through the surrounding grounds and countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent nearby Lacock Abbey.Restaurant - Recommended.
The Old Bell Hotel Malmesbury 34 rooms from £148Country Escape - With charming historic interiors, hearty cuisine, fireplaces, and good ale —this is the perfect spot for a country escapeHistoric - Dating back to 1220, this Grade I-listed is steeped in historySights nearby - Visit the neighbouring Malmesbury Abbey home to the tomb of King Athelstan, the first king of EnglandGreat walks - Set amidst the Cotswolds, there are miles of beautiful trails to be explored
A historic Grade I-listed inn dating back to 1220 set beside Malmesbury Abbey. Interiors have kept the building's original features (think exposed beams & stone, window seats, & traditional art) but the feeling is fresh. The restaurant serves modern British cuisine and local ales. A charming stay. See More
Bowood Hotel Spa & Golf Resort Calne, Wiltshire 43 rooms from £155Spa breaks - As well as indulging treatments, enjoy the spa's indoor pool, relaxation room, rock sauna, crystal steam room, hot tub & gymGolf - The beautifully landscaped 18-hole course is the Official PGA Golf Course & Golf Academy for the South West of EnglandFamilies - Appealing activities, expansive grounds & family-friendly rooms tick all the boxes for those travelling with kidsWeddings - Set on the estates grounds, the Wedding Pavilion is a dream spot for summertime country weddings
4* spa & golf resort located on the historic Bowood Estate, home to grand Bowood House & Gardens. Recently refurbished rooms with parkland views are as elegant as the many contemporary dining options. With activities for kids, impressive modern spa & golf course, the whole family is taken care of. See More
Woolley Grange Bradford on Avon 26 rooms from £160Families - Ideal for families with babysitting, kids hang out zones, an Ofsted-registered playroom and plenty of activites on the grounds.Hideaway - With the spa, pool table, table football, extensive grounds, yummy food and homely rooms, you'll find it impossible to leave.Swimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Jacobean Manor turned luxury family retreat in stunning gardens with pools. Comfortable, modern rooms are a great welcome after a day of activities. The restaurant caters to all dietary needs and occasions. Children clubs, games rooms, gardens and more gives parents a chance to relax at the spa. See More
Guyers House Hotel Wiltshire 37 rooms from £170Country Escape - A beautiful secluded country house set in picturesque grounds.Great walks - Find miles of scenic walking trails starting straight from the property.Sights nearby - Located just 8 miles from Bath the Roman Baths are well worth a visit.Secluded setting - For escaping.
A charming country house set in beautifully manicured gardens. Elegant rooms are traditionally dressed with dark antique furniture, warm hues and sash windows. Modern British dishes are served in a small restaurant and the stables have been converted into an atmospheric bar. See More
Howard's House Teffont Evias, Wiltshire 9 rooms from £190Country Escape - A quaint village property with plenty of countryside pursuits such as fishing, shooting, walking and riding closeby.Fishing - The Nadder river is renowned for dry fly fishing, plus the hotel will even 'cook your catch'!Great walks - Walk in the stunning Stourhead gardens and parkland, plus the hotel will pack you a lunch.Sights nearby - Stone Henge is nearby and a must for anyone passing through this area.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Manor House, Wiltshire Chippenham (Castle Combe) 48 rooms from £270Active Holiday - With 365 acres of secluded parkland to explore, as well as fly-fishing, tennis, croquet and an 18 hole golf course.Foodies - Savour the delights of the Michelin starred Bybrook Restaurant- inventive, seasonal and utterly inspired!Fishing - Fly-fishing on the picturesque river meandering through the grounds is a must.Sights nearby - The Cotswolds and Bath are both stunning historical sites worth visiting.Recommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels
English country house turned hotel, resting on extensive grounds with a superb golf course, Michelin Star restaurant and the Full Glass Bar. Comfort, classic-design and charm make up the luxurious rooms. Relax in the garden, explore local Bath or delve into Cotswold countryside for adventures. See More
Lucknam Park Chippenham 42 rooms from £290Active Holiday - Plenty of countryside persuits for the sporty types with clay pigeon shooting, riding, tennis, archery, and falconry.Foodies - Executive Chef Hywel Jones runs the Michelin starred The Park, as well as the award winning cookery school.Cooking classes - Learn to whip up your favourite dishes from The Parks' menu at the in house cookery school, a lovely way to pass a rainy day!Sights nearby - Bath is only six miles away- if you can tear yourself away from the endless entertainment at Lucknam Park.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
A luxury country home full of character. High ceilinged rooms are adorned with chandeliers and four poster beds. The surrounding parkland and gardens are painstakingly up kept. A spa, indoor pool and outdoor plunge pool aid relaxation. The fine dining restaurant is headed by a Michelin Star chef. See More
Whatley Manor Malmesbury (Easton Grey) 23 rooms from £354Foodies - Headed by famed chef Niall Keating, The Dining Room offers innovative fine dining while Grey’s Brasserie is a more casual affairSpa breaks - The Aquarias Spa is a full-service spa complete with a hydrotherapy pool, a floatation pod, salt scrub showers & a thermal suiteCountry Escape - A pretty Cotswold manor with manicured grounds, fine dining, and a spa. This is elevated country livingGreat walks - Get out and explore the countryside on long scenic walksRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel, Sawdays
A grand Cotswold manor set in 12 manicured acres. Beautifully renovated rooms and suites are decorated with a fresh take on traditional design. Two restaurants (headed by a two-star Michelin chef) and a full-service spa with a hydrotherapy pool, make this ideal for a couples escape. See More