13 of The Best Beach Hotels in the South of France
The Mediterranean coast in the South of France is known to have some of the best beaches in Europe. From the exclusive and glamorous beaches of Saint Tropez to hidden coves along the Cote D'Azur. While the seaside cities of Nice or Cannes make an equally attractive summer beach break for those who want to mix their sunbathing with a little culture. As a long time summer favourite, there is invariably a myriad of accommodation to choose from. Our recommendations for the best beach hotels in the South of France offers a good range from little-known hideaways in Nice to all-out coastal luxury.
For a contemporary stay
- The chic contemporary Royal Antibes Hotel is set directly on the waterfront. With large glass windows unfurling onto impressive views and clean white-on-white design, this property has a young and hip feel. With both a highly acclaimed spa and restaurant and very attractive rates, this is a real treat.
- Hotel Bor is another trendy modern hotel set right at the beach with amazing views of the ocean and a private beach for chilling. With a popular bar and restaurant, this is a smart choice.
- Villa Azur is an excellent modern hotel set directly on the beach near Marina Baie des Anges in Cagnes sur Mer. Awash with contemporary elegance, the rooms are minimalist and sleek, many boasting superb views out over the ocean.
- Hostellerie la Farandole is a great find with an outstanding location in the Cote D'Azur. Rooms are simple, modern and elegant. Laze by the pool, step out onto the beach, have a dip in the hammam or head to the cocktail bar for sundowners!
- Cap D'Antibes Beach Hotel is a small contemporary five star hotel which enjoys an enviable location on the picturesque coastline. Boasting a fabulous fine-dining Gallic restaurant and a minimalist bar. A smart beach break.
For a city base
- Hotel La Perouse is a charming and discreet hotel with a pool set back from the Promenade des Anglais in Nice. Rustic chic rooms feature classic bay views, there's a lovely patio restaurant, and the beach is just across the road.
For a rural break
- Nestled between pines and eucalyptus trees, Le Mas du Langoustier is a peaceful hideaway with a principally French clientele, excellent cooking and a relaxing atmosphere. Nearby public beaches provide sheltered swimming. A charming escape.
For a little luxury
- Le Bailli de Suffren is the perfect beachside hotel boasting a fabulous setting directly on the seafront. With an enormous pool and sun deck area, three restaurants, and therapeutic spa this is a glamourous choice for a beach break.
- La Pinède Plage is a smart four star hotel located on Gigaro beach, just south of Ramatuelle. Rooms are minimalist and sophisticated; the best offer a private balcony with sea views. With fine dining and a superlative spa, this is undeniably an indulgent choice.
- The five-star, Hotel Belles Rives, is located on the Cap d’Antibes on the exclusive Côte d'Azur. Art deco interiors have a glamorous feel. There is a self-catering cottage for groups plus 3 hotel restaurants and bars. A real VIP stay.
- Cap Estel is a hugely glamourous Mediterranean mansion on a clifftop peninsula. Expect stunning views out to sea from private balconies and luxurious rooms. With a private beach, saltwater infinity pool, spa, and gourmet food, this is an A-list stay.
- Monte Carlo Beach is widely renowned for its organic Michelin-starred restaurant, Elsa. On top of this, the property offers private access to the coveted Monte-Carlo beach and the interiors are elegant and luxurious.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse through our collection of the best luxury hotels in the South of France or the best hotels pools in the South of France.
- Expand your search to include our suggestions in the Cote D'Azur, Saint Tropez, Cannes, or Nice.
- Or refine your search to our recommendations for 15 of the best beach hotels on the Côte d'Azur or the best hotels in the Côte d'Azur hills.
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Royal Antibes Antibes 64 rooms from £108Spa breaks - A glorious spa and wellness space using Cinq Mondes products, a French brand famed for its aromatherapy.Beach Life - A one minute walk from the beach and glass fronted rooms with stunning sea views.Sights nearby - Take a stroll around the battlements and their rampart walks, the oldest part of the city.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A chic contemporary property right on the waterfront. Large glass-fronted windows unfurl impressive views. Simple white on white design with splashes of colour from the modern art. A trendy brasserie with creative Mediterranean cuisine. A spoiling spa. A real treat at surprisingly affordable rates. See More
Hotel Bor Hyeres (3 Avenue Emile Gérard) 20 rooms from £95Beach Life - Situated right at the beach, this hotel offers a private beach to guests with sun loungers and a restaurant and bar.Back to Nature - Great views of the Hyéres Islands, guests come for the sunshine and waterfront views.Diving - There are diving schools nearby and lessons can be arranged for beginners.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A modern chic hotel right at the beach with amazing views of the ocean and a private beach to sit and relax peacefully. Rooms are contemporary with amenities like a TV, work desk, sea views and 24 hr room service. A popular restaurant and bar on site. Enjoy a fresh buffet breakfast at the terrace. See More
Hotel La Perouse Nice 56 rooms from £129Beach Life - Lovely seafront hotel well placed to explore the city, perched right on a cliff and just steps from the beach.Sights nearby - Marvel at the the monastery of Cimiez and beautiful rose garden overlooking the city and Castle Hill.Local markets - Very close to the Marche du Fleurs, a vibrant and colourful way to spend your morning.Views - Great views of Nice and the Bay of AngelsRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel, Tablet
Charming and discreet hotel with pool set back from the Promenade des Anglais with classic Bay views. Well positioned for the port, markets and downtown, the beach is across the road. Lovely patio restaurant and pretty bedrooms, the best with terraces. Well positioned to explore the city. See More
Le Mas du Langoustier Porquerolles, Ile de Porquerolles 50 rooms from £130On the beach - There's a semi wild private beach just steps from the main building......just ask for a towel!Sights nearby - Explore the botanical gardens. There's a half hourly shuttle bus that'll take you to the village or harbourSpa - A wellness centre offers chromotherapy treatments and a wide range of massages, manicures & facialsRestaurant - There are two restaurants serving Provencal/Mediterranean cuisine
Villa Azur Cagnes sur Mer 24 rooms from £139Beach Life - With beautiful sea views and luxurious rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break on the beach.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Nice to visit the stunning old town architecture such as the Chapelle de la Miséricorde or Palais Lascaris.Local markets - Located just eight miles from the fantastic Nice Cours Saleya and Flower Market.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
An excellent, modern hotel set directly on the beach near Marina Baie des Anges. Awash with contemporary elegance, the rooms are minimalist and sleek, many boasting superb views out over the ocean. After a day on the beach, enjoy sublime sunsets over a cocktail on the veranda. See More
Hostellerie la Farandole Sanary Sur Mer 27 rooms from £146Views - Stunning views over the Mediterranean SeaSights nearby - Embiez Island (3km away), a natural gem strictly protected, with secluded beaches, lush pine forests and mature vineyardsRestaurant - La Gorguette - opened May 2015Local markets - Marché de Sanary
A great find with an outstanding location. Rooms are simple, modern and elegant; lots of white and glass so as not to deter from the stunning views. Laze by the pool, step out onto the beach, have a dip in the hammam or head to the cocktail bar for sundowners overlooking the Med. See More
Le Bailli de Suffren Rayol Canadel sur Mer (Avenue des Américains) 55 rooms from £208Beach Life - The property has its own private beach accessible only by stepsLuxury - Stylish with all the amenities and direct access to the beach.Foodies - Three excellent restaurants to choose from.Views - Spectacular ocean views.
The perfect beachside hotel in a fabulous setting. Directly on the seafront sits a luxurious spot that includes large rooms and suites with private balconies and ocean views. An enormous pool and sun deck area, three restaurants, and therapeutic spa. A glamourous choice for a beach break. See More
Cap D'Antibes Beach Hotel Juan les Pins 35 rooms from £246Beach Life - An oh-so-chic five star property complete with private beach.Sailing - Take a a boat to Ile Sainte Marguerite, densely covered with pine and eucalyptus trees.Sights nearby - Explore the the old fortress prison (which once confined the Man in the Iron Mask).Local markets - Visit Nice on Monday to scour the famous antiques market.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Mr & Mrs Smith
A small contemporary five star hotel boasting an enviable location on the picturesque coastline. Chic rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, large sunny terraces and simple modern furniture. Boasting a fabulous fine-dining Gallic restaurant and a minimalist bar. A smart beach break. See More
La Pinède Plage Ramatuelle (St Tropez) 32 rooms from £234Beach Life - Located on a coveted beach in sunny St Tropez, this hotel is a perfect choice for a relaxing beach holidayTotal relaxation - With a spa, restaurant and beach access, this hotel ticks all the boxes for total relaxationRomantic Break - Couples will love the hotel's cosy rooms and pretty sea views, plus the gourmet restaurantGreat walks - Explore the natural beauty of the St Tropez peninsula on a long walk; enquire at the hotel for recommended routes
This smart four star hotel is located on the Gigaro beach, just south of Ramatuelle. Rooms are minimalist and sophisticated with a subtle, nautical colour palette; the best offer a private balcony with sea views. Enjoy fine dining at the hotel restaurant before a spa treatment. An indulgent stay. See More
Monte Carlo Beach Roquebrune Cap Martin (Monaco) 40 rooms from £234Beach Life - With private access to the coveted Monte-Carlo Beach, this hotel is perfect for a luxury seaside getawayFoodies - Foodies flock to this hotel for the acclaimed organic, Michelin-starred restaurant onsite, ElsaFamilies - Families are well-catered to at this hotel; kids love the huge, Olympic-sized poolLocal markets - There are several weekly country markets to explore at the surrounding towns and villages
A stunning hotel in a 1930s listed building with romantic arches, murals and a terracotta facade. The garden and large pool are idyllic as is the private beach. Rooms are chic and stylish with a fresh feel and Matisse and Cocteau-inspired decor. The Michelin starred cuisine seals the deal! See More
Hotel Belles Rives Juan les Pins (Cap d'Antibes) 42 rooms from £305Beach Life - Located on the seafront and with its own private stretch of beach, this hotel is a great base for a relaxed seaside holidayRomantic Break - The beautiful cove setting and high-end facilities at this hotel make it a great base for a romantic getawayFamilies - The idyllic ottage is perfect for families travelling with children, or Junior suites sleep four.Local markets - Get an early start with a trip to the Cours Saleya Flower Market, a traditional flower marketRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This five-star hotel is located on the Cap d’Antibes on the exclusive Côte d'Azur. Rooms are dressed in an Art Deco style with luxurious prints and unique design pieces; the best have a terrace with sea views. There is a self-catering cottage for groups plus 3 hotel restaurants and bars; a VIP stay. See More
Cap Estel Eze (Cote d'Azur) 18 rooms from £754Swimming Pool - Salt-water infinity pool overlooking the sea and Indoor poolBeach nearby - Private beach.ChicOutstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection