10 of the Best Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
The drive along the Amalfi coastline is, arguably, one of the world’s finest road trips in Italy. And one of its scariest. The corniche road hugs vertiginous limestone cliffs which seem to plunge from the skies into sapphire-blue seas. You catch glimpses of beaches, rocky coves, huddles of rooftops and wonder how on earth anyone can get down to them. The drive is not for the faint-hearted; there are plenty of hairpin bends and other drivers who seem far too nonchalant. So the best way to enjoy the sights is to base yourself in one of the best hotels for views on the Amalfi coast.
You'll find 10 of the best hotel views on the Amalfi Coast in bustling yet glamorous such as Positano, where sugar-almond-coloured buildings cascade to the sea. Or in lovely Amalfi, with its Duomo, piazza and seafront. Or somewhere smaller, such as Praiano or Conca dei Marini. Or perch yourself high above everyone else in ravishing Ravello.
10 of the Best Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
The Most Stylish Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
- Rooms at the Convento di Amalfi are modern, minimalist and stylish in neutral shades, some with private terraces. Set above Amalfi town, the hotel has spectacular views as well as an infinity pool and a spa.
- With its white-on-white bedrooms, sleek lines and bold, modern art, Casa Angelina, in Praiano, will tick all the right boxes for the design conscious. All rooms and suites have private terraces and stunning sea views. Plus there’s a pool and boat exclusively for guests. It's honeymoon heaven!
The Most Luxurious Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
- For sheer, unadulterated luxury, combined with superb, understated style and impeccable service, you cannot fault Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa, above Conca dei Marini. The former convent - in a peerless clifftop position - has been converted into just 20 bedrooms, each with stunning views. With a top-notch spa, this is a place for romance, relaxation and serious pampering.
- Surrounded by its famous, lush gardens, and on a little hilltop of its own, Ravello’s Villa Cimbrone is both romantic and sophisticated. Formerly a private villa, rooms are grand with vaulted ceilings, frescoes, tiled floors and antiques. There’s also a pool and, of course, those views!
The Best Hotel Restaurant Views on the Amalfi Coast
- The chief joy of Ravello’s Villa Maria - and why guests return again and again - is its hidden dining terrace which has, possibly, one of the finest restaurant views of the coast; unfolding headlands of cliffs dropping down to the sea. Much of the food comes from the hotel’s garden while rooms are beautifully traditional and relaxing.
- Also in Ravello, and with old-school luxuries - marble floors, antiques, tapestries and Vietri tiling - Palazzo Avino has a Michelin-starred restaurant. Bedrooms have private terraces, plus there are lovely gardens and a spa, as well, of course, as glorious views.
The Best Value Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
- Breakfasting on your private, bougainvillea-covered terrace at Villa Rosa, in Positano, will be a lengthy affair; you’ll be unable to drag yourself away from the mesmerising views. Rooms are charming in typical Mediterranean-style architecture of arches, domed ceilings crisp white walls and sea-blue-tiled floors.
- From its roadside entrance, The Belvedere, above Conca dei Marini, looks rather ordinary but, once inside, you step into a different world. With peerless views over the Amalfi coast, steps leading to a private beach, bedrooms of old-fashioned Italian charm and a dining terrace made for lingering, sunset meals, it will seduce you. Family-owned and with a pool, too.
The Most Romantic Hotel Views on the Amalfi Coast
- Set high above Positano, Villa Franca enjoys enviable views over both the town, tumbling below, and the sea. Rooms are airy and romantic in creams and whites with beautiful traditional, tiled decorations. A lovely terrace has a pool designed to make the most of the stunning views.
The whole of this stretch of Italian coast is mesmerising, but to get the top spots, use our guide to the 10 best hotel views on the Amalfi Coast. But if you can't find your idea of the best hotel view on the Amalfi Coast on our Guru's list you could:
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Amalfi Coast?
- Or you could consider our Guru's recommendations for 8 of the Most Romantic Hotels on the Amalfi Coast? or 5 Great Value Hotels on the Amalfi Coast? or 10 of the Best Beach Hotels on the Amalfi Coast?
- Or you could refine your search to just the best places to stay in Positano? or the best places to stay in Amalfi? or the best places to stay in Praiano?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
10 of the Best Hotels Views on the Amalfi Coast
Convento di Amalfi Amalfi 36 rooms from £477Romantic BreakHoneymoonsSights nearby - 10 minute walk down hill to Amalfi. Positano is 20 mins by car.Views - Spectacular views of the Amalfi coastline
Casa Angelina Praiano 30 rooms from £170Hotel boats for hire - Private skippered boat for guests.LuxuryHoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
An immaculate design hotel set on the cliff facing the sea. Contemporary cool with whitewashed walls and funky art and sculptures. White rooms, suites, and separate cottages have private sea-facing balconies. Fantastic spa, restaurant and fun beach club. Perfect for couples and honeymooners. See More
Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa Conca dei Marini 20 rooms from £477ElegantViews - Great views from hotelLuxurySpa breaks
A monastery renovated with romance and elegance. Its celestial views from its perch on a cliff top are to die for. The hotel captures the essence of la dolce vita with its location, understated but immaculate style, and its incredible spa facilities. A romantic destination. See More
Villa Cimbrone Ravello (Ravello, Salernes (Campania)) 19 rooms from £649Writing a novel - Join the list of illustrious authors who have gained inspiration here- E M Forster, T S Eliot, Virginia Woolf, D H Lawrence...Honeymoons - Perched on a sheer-sided cliff high above the Amalfi coast, with fragrant rose gardens, and romantic poolside dining.Foodies - Enjoy Michelin starred dining at the Italian restaurant Il Flauto di PanGreat walks - Wander hand in hand through the stunnig gardens, the best time is early morning before they open to the public.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
A regal and romantic complex with out of this world views. The villa has beautifully manicured botanical gardens that sprawl towards the cliff face. Bedrooms ooze understated elegance, and there's a fantastic Michelin starred Mediterranean restaurant. Renowned as the ultimate wedding destination. See More
Villa Maria Ravello 23 rooms from £203Total relaxation - An elegant coastal property with magnificent seaviews, excellent food and complete tranquility.Tennis - Make the most of the evening cool and head next door to use their tennis court.Cooking classes - Cooking classes led by a famous professor of historical gastronomy.Sailing - Pack a picnic, rent a boat and explore the Amalfi Coast.
An oasis of peace with spectacular views. The piece de resistance is the glorious dining terrace with vistas of the mountains sweeping down to a glittering sea. Fantastic food and cookery lessons using the same home-grown produce. A delightful spot for foodies and romantics. See More
Palazzo Avino Ravello 43 rooms from £687Romantic Break - A perfect getaway for two, enjoy the suave suites with a glorious vantage point over the Med and pampering service.Foodies - Boasting a Michelin-star restaurant overlooking the sea and the more relaxed Terrazza Belvedere.Great walks - Leisurely strolls or more testing mountain trials, all come with stunning views.Sailing - Take a boat up the Amalfi Coast or to the glamourous island of Capri.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Tablet, Fodors
Villa Rosa, Positano Positano 12 rooms from £260Total relaxation - A serene 150 year old villa, with comfortable and elegant rooms, a peaceful garden, sunny terrace and proximity to the beach.Sights nearby - Spend a day exploring Pompeii, a must see.Sailing - Take a boat trip up the Amalfi coast.Sea Views - From some rooms.
A delightful villa featuring bougainvillea covered terraces, with unbeatable views of the Mediterranean. Large delightfully decorated bedrooms in white and pastels, with aquamarine tiled floors. Enormous private balconies make the perfect place for breakfast. An utterly charming spot. See More
The Belvedere Conca dei Marini 30 rooms from £217Views - Spectacular views out to see and down the Amalfi coast.Coastal - Set on a cliff top.Total relaxationSwimming Pool - Seawater Pool
Villa Franca Positano 37 rooms from £573Hideaway - A peaceful hilltop property, away from the crowds of the coastal strip, with clean cut suites and wrought iron balconies.Cooking classes - Take a master class in traditional cuisine with the hotel chef.Swimming Pool - Rooftop Pool with amazing views over the Amalfi CoastSailing - Experience the Amalfi coast in style on a speedboat.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Truly sublime views of Positano and beyond from this 5* hotel's hilltop perch. Romantic rooms in chic whites and creams with tiled mosaics and wonderful sea views from private balconies. The roof top terrace and swimming pool are equally magnificent. A great choice for romantics. See More