The 12 Best Value Hotels on Lake Como
Lake Como is a spectacular natural beauty, sprinkled with pretty hamlets and elegant towns with lakeside villas. A feeling of tranquility pervades and there’s hardly a new-build hotel or a large highway to be seen. It has got a reputation for being glamorous and somewhat expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Our Guru’s list of the best value hotels on Lake Como even includes a great value recommendation in famed stunner Bellagio and numerous choices in pretty Varenna too. With something for everyone whether you are looking for a quaint B&B, a couples' hideaway, a family-friendly stay or a foodie centric getaway — why not browse through our collection to start planning your next Italian break?
- Hotel Florence in glamorous Bellagio is a stunning hotel with design mimicking its Florentine namesake. It has just 27 lovely rooms and sumptuous suites, some with private balconies and spectacular views — perfect for a couples' hideaway. There’s also a gourmet restaurant and a small spa, all starting from around £130 per night (low season).
For a guesthouse
- Casa Contrada Bella is a small guest house in Varenna with three charming bedrooms featuring wrought iron bed heads, exposed wooden beams, and exposed stone walls. Two of the rooms have a small kitchenette, and one has a balcony. Restaurants are within walking distance and the beach is just steps away.
- Cernobbio's Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant, adults-only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have a balcony with lake views. Unwind by the pool after a day of exploring the surrounding area and help yourself to the honesty bar.
For a B&B
- B&B Vista Lago is a quiet spot in the hills above the lake making it the perfect hideaway. There are just three rooms, each of them spacious and modern with its own sun terrace and panoramic lake views. A tranquil stay for adults only.
- Nest on the Lake in Lezzeno is right by the lake with beautiful views from the five elegant rooms and self-catering apartments. Some of the rooms have four-poster beds and a private terrace plus there’s a lovely sun deck, and you can rent bikes and canoes.
- Locanda Osteria Marascia is a charming and well priced traditional hotel located in a quiet village just a short drive from Lake Como. Interiors are rustic chic with exposed beams, stone walls, and antiques galore. The fantastic cellar restaurant serves homemade Italian dishes that have been honed over five generations and is the real lure.
For contemporary design
- Casa Sull'Albero is a modern villa set in a scenic garden with panoramic views of Lake Como. Chic, contemporary rooms with floor to ceiling windows are decorated in a minimalist style. Guests are invited to treat this as their home — come and go as you please and enjoy the honesty kitchen.
For traditional style
- Hotel Villa Aurora is a historic small hotel set on Lake Como's shores. Rooms and apartments are simply styled with wooden floors, soft hues, and lovely lake views (the best have balconies). A laidback family-owned base, well suited to families or couples.
For local exploring
- La Canarina B&B is a charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como. Bedrooms are simple and airy with natural wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, all overlooking a beautiful private garden. A good location for exploring Como on foot, with plenty to see from the doorstep and just 200m from the lake.
- Como Luxury Rooms is a boutique guest house with sleek modern bedrooms decorated in cool grey colours. An ideal base in the heart of Como Old Town with plenty to explore on the doorstep. Simplicity at its finest.
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous ten room townhouse hotel right by the lake at Varenna. The decor is traditional, with stone floors, pastel walls and private balconies. Family-friendly and laid back, the Albergo Olivedo also has a lovely little Italian restaurant.
- Also in Varenna, the Albergo Milano is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms, triples and apartments, all with stone floors, whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a lovely restaurant.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como.
- Consider the best hotels with a view on Lake Como, Lake Como's best B&Bs or the best family hotels on Lake Como.
- Refine your search by location and search for the best places to stay in Como or the best places to Stay in Varenna.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Hotel Florence Bellagio 27 rooms from £139Romantic Break - Cruise on the lake or stroll through the countryside before unwinding in the small spa, perfect activities for a romantic breakFoodies - Dine on gourmet Italian dishes set on a pretty wisteria-shaded lakeside terraceOwner managed - The property has been in the same family for the past 100 yearsViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - CN Traveller
Casa Contrada Bella Varenna 3 rooms from £113Romantic Break - A superb location, cosy rooms and suites and no children allowed make this ideal for romance!Groups - With just three rooms, this is a good choice if you want to rent out a place in its entiretyValue chic - Stylish rooms which start from just €130 per nightSights nearby - Situated in the historical centre of Varenna. 14th Century Church - Chiesa di San Giorgio is very close by
A small guest house with three charming bedrooms - wrought iron bed heads, exposed wooden beams, exposed stone wall. Two with a small kitchenette and one with a balcony. Restaurants within walking distance and the beach is just steps away. A great value base for exploring the area. See More
Nest on the Lake Lezzeno 5 rooms from £95Hideaway - The lakeside property feels secluded and quiet, perfect to get away from it allLocal exploring - Located an easy boat ride to Varenna and other attractionsViews - Wonderful views over Lake ComoSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close by
Casa Santo Stefano Cernobbio 4 rooms from £142Romantic Break - Just four smart rooms with their own sitting areas and some with a terrace, this is a perfect spot for a romantic hideawayHideaway - The property has a hands-off approach to service making this feel like you are in your own homeCountry Escape - Find chic Scandinavian interiors in this pretty rural spot tucked away above CernobbioViews - Stunning views over Lake Como
Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant, adults only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have balconies with lake views. Unwind by the pool after a day exploring the surrounding area, and help yourself to the honesty bar! See More
B&B Vista Lago Como 3 rooms from £152Romantic Break - With only three smart bedrooms, and no kids allowed, plus views to die for from your private terrace, it's perfect for romanticsLocal exploring - You can hire bikes or cars at the property, so it's an ideal base for exploring further afieldGreat walks - On the edge of Parco Regionale Spina Verde di Como, with fantastic walking on the doorstepSights nearby - Just outside Como and easy access to the best local sights.
This quiet B&B, set in the hills above Lake Como offers guests spacious, modern bedrooms, each with a private sun terrace and panoramic lake views. With just three rooms and no kids allowed, it is ideal for a romantic break or as a base for exploring the surrounding area. See More
Albergo Olivedo Varenna 10 rooms from £134Local exploring - Well located just 5 minutes from Varenna's pretty centre made up of winding cobbled streetsElegant - Traditional interiors see large sash windows, parquet flooring and antiquesSailing - Set on the Varenna jetty, this is a great base to explore the lake by boatOwner managed - Owned by the same family for four generationsRecommended by - Sawdays
Albergo Milano Varenna 14 rooms from £130Charming - Pick this property for a tradional stay, the oldest part of the building dates back to the 17th centuryFamilies - With 3 apartments sleeping up to 5 people, this is a great choice for families or small groupsOwner managed - The friendly owners, Bettina and Egidio, often greet their guests personallyLakeside - Take the short stroll down to the lake and go for a swimRecommended by - Sawdays
Locanda Osteria Marascia Calolziocorte (Lake Como) 5 rooms from £74Value chic - With doubles from just €80 per night including breakfast, these smart rooms are excellent valueLocal exploring - Great location for exploring the Italian LakesGreat walks - Parco Regionale di Montevecchia e della Valle del Curone. There are good routes for all abilitiesSights nearby - Spend a day in Milan
Located in a quiet village just a short drive from Lake Como. This traditional hotel has a charming rustic chic feel with exposed beams, stone walls and antiques galore. The fantastic cellar restaurant serves home-made Italian dishes - the host's recipes have been perfected over five generations! See More
La Canarina B&B Como 2 rooms from £99Local exploring - Located in the centre of Como, you're ideally placed to explore on foot.Value chic - Beautiful rooms from just €95 per night B&B.Great walks - Travel up the Funicular and enjoy walks overlooking the lakeSights nearby - Como Cathedral is just minutes away
A charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como. Bedrooms are simple and airy with natural wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, all overlooking a beautiful private garden. A good location to explore Como on foot with plenty to see from the doorstep and just 200m from the lake. See More
Como Luxury Rooms Lake Como 2 rooms from £103Local exploring - Great location in the heart of Como Old Town - ideal for exploring on foot, or easy access to the lake and its boats.Value chic - This sleek property has two rooms with a very reasonable price tag which includes breakfastContemporary - Sleek contemporary rooms are decorated in cool greysGreat walks - Ride the Funicolare to scenic walking routes
A boutique guest house with sleek modern bedrooms decorated in cool grey colours. An ideal base in the heart of Como Old Town - plenty to explore on the doorstep. Breakfast can be enjoyed in one of the many cafes on the street and coffee is provided in the room. Simplicity at its finest. See More
Casa Sull'Albero Malgrate 12 rooms from £123Active Holiday - From skiing to horse riding or mountain biking, there's plenty to do in the surrounding areaTotal relaxation - Surrounded by parkland with lake views this is the perfect spot to come and unwindBack to Nature - Floor to ceiling glass walls bring the outside - insideSkiing - There's ski resorts a short drive away
Set in a scenic garden of tall trees with panoramic views of Lake Como. This modern villa has chic, contemporary bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows decorated in a minimalist style. Guests are invited to treat this as their home - come and go as they please and enjoy the honesty kitchen. See More
Hotel Villa Aurora Lezzeno 22 rooms from £95Groups - The property has two separate well-equipped apartments (both sleeping up to 7) which are ideal for small groups or familiesLocal exploring - Well positioned on Lake Como with Comacina Island, the splendid Villa Balbianello, and Lezzeno nearbyHistoric - The building dates back to the 20th century and has remained in the Gregorio family since 1965Great walks - Walk from Lezzeno to Alpe dei Picett along the pretty hiking trail that runs around the lake
A historic small hotel set on Lake Como's shores. Rooms and apartments are simply styled with wooden floors, soft hues, and lovely lake views (the best have balconies). A terraced restaurant serves healthy Italian fare and pizzas. A laidback family-owned base well suited to families or couples. See More