The 7 Best B&Bs in Rome
One of the best things about staying in B&Bs is the personalised recommendations you get from the owners and managers, and from the other travellers or locals you meet during your stay. And Rome is a wonderful city for an insight or recommendation! Sure, you’ll have an amazing time if you just tick off the tourist hot spots, but if you have a chance to explore a bit further and go a bit deeper then you’ll never want to leave. Our Gurus have uncovered the very best bed and breakfasts in Rome to get you connected to the best advice.
Rome is known for the wealth and breadth of its accommodation, and it's no different when it comes to bed and breakfasts and guesthouses - there's a lot to choose from. So to start you off on your search we've a list of the best B&Bs in Rome to recommend - all of them proven to offer an excellent local connection too.
Our Guru's recommendations for the best B&Bs in Rome include some luxury options, as well as some perfectly located gems and some wonderful family apartment-style accommodation.
For a superb location
- Casa Montani is a gorgeous little guesthouse situated on the Piazza del Popolo, a short stroll from the Spanish Steps and close to many of Rome's best shopping streets. Its rooms and suites are beautifully finished, plus it's a family friendly option.
- The The Fifteen Keys Hotel is an elegant, 15 room townhouse in a great location between the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain. The neighbourhood is charming, with a bohemian feel and plenty of cafes and great antique shop. And breakfast is served alfresco in the courtyard.
For a City Break
- In the heart of Rome, the Piazza di Spagna 9 is a six bedroom ‘designer mansion’ with its own contemporary art gallery. As well as the six individually decorated rooms there’s also a steam bath.
- Buonanotte Garibaldi is a chic little B&B in the vibrant and historic Trastevere district, which is a great spot for local colour. There are just three rooms, themed by colour, with silk paintings, oak floors and antiques.
- In one of the hippest spots in town, G-Rough is both luxurious and hip. This townhouse, built in the 17th Century, still has its beautiful parquet floors and original tiles, but it’s also got a fantastic collection of retro furniture in the 10 rooms. Plus there's a fantastic roof terrace and it’s only 450metres from the Pantheon, and even closer to the Piazza Navona.
The Best Value B&Bs in Rome
- The Althea Inn is a three roomed B&B off the beaten track in the artistic Testaccio area. Rooms are spacious and whitewashed and there’s a lovely private balcony.
- If you want to be right in the heart of things, by the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, try the Residenza Frattina, a charming townhouse with 13 neutrally decorated bedrooms with nice original features, such as stone floors, fireplaces and exposed beams. Charming and friendly too.
- The Hotel Campo de 'Fiori is a gorgeous, 23 room boutique hotel with a fantastic roof terrace with wonderful views of the skyline. Rooms are romantic, with canopied beds and frescoed ceilings, antiques and beautiful details.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your search by region and consider the best hotels in the heart of Old Rome, or our Guru's list of great hotels near the Colosseum.
- or what about our recommendations for 10 Great Value Hotels in Rome, or the 10 Best Family Hotels in Rome?
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Casa Montani Rome 9 rooms from £149Families - Families are welcome in Casa Montani and its apartment; they can easily fit extra beds and cots in the Suites.Local exploring - Just steps from Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese and Via BabuinoGroups - The separate apartment sleeping up to 4 is ideal for small groupsSights nearby - Located in the heart of Rome next to the Piazza del Popolo. Walking distance to many major attractions
Small chic city hideaway opposite the Piazza del Popolo in the heart of Rome. Neutral tones, with silk fabrics, hardwood floors, chic modern art and marble bathrooms. Personalised service from owners Giuseppe and Charlotte. Intimate and luxurious boutique hotel in a great location. See More
The Fifteen Keys Hotel Rome 15 rooms from £133Local exploring - An ideal location for getting to know Rome from its major attractions to its boutiques, galleries and local eateries.Sights nearby - Great location in the Monti district, just 10 mins walk from the ColosseumRestrictions on children - This is an adults only propertyRecommended by - Tablet
An elegant townhouse hotel with stylish accommodation and an unpretentious feel. Enjoy alfresco breakfasts in the garden courtyard. Located in a charming neighbourhood, the area has a bohemian feel with great antique shops and good coffee spots and is close to major attractions. See More
Piazza di Spagna 9 Rome 6 rooms from £258City Style - The hotel itself doubles up as an art and design exhibition, it doesn't get much trendier than thatRomantic Break - Unwind in the Turkish steam bath, designed for twoSights nearby - Just next to The Spanish Steps and Fontana di TreviFour poster beds - For romantics.
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance. See More
Buonanotte Garibaldi Rome 3 rooms from £156Local exploring - Perfectly placed in Trastevere, a quiet untouristy spot, yet near the sightsCity Style - A beautifully styled house with a real focus on artSights nearby - Located in the historic and vibrant Trastevere districtLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
G-Rough Rome (Navona) 10 rooms from £479Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the Piazza Navona and just 450m from the PantheonCity Style - Achingly trendy interiors - certainly not one for traditionalists!Local markets - Immerse yourself in the daily marketsLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
One of the hippest spots in town, at G-Rough you'll find a unique blend of luxury living and trendy design finishes giving this 17th century townhouse a very urban vibe. Parquet floors & original tiles come with an eclectic mix of retro style furniture. Roof terrace for chilling and buzzy bar. See More
Althea Inn Rome 6 rooms from £78Local exploring - Despite being in a leafy and quiet neighbourhood, the Colosseum and Imperial Forum are within walking distanceValue chic - The appealing rates come as a pleasant surpirse in this sophisticated and elegant hotelSights nearby - Located in the Testaccio area, renowned for its art galleries. Walking distance from the Colosseum and Piazza Venezia
Secluded penthouse B&B off the beaten track with spacious rooms, whitewashed walls, simple décor and the piece de resistance, a flower-filled private balcony on which to relax and enjoy an aperitivo as the sun goes down. A great budget choice and for those wanting to sample out-of-the-way Rome. See More
Residenza Frattina Rome 13 rooms from £102Local exploring - Located in the centre of Rome, this is the perfect spot to tour the city from and guests are even given bicycles to get aroundValue chic - With all bar one room coming in at under €100 this is a chic and affordable central baseSights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps and walking distance to many major attractions