The 15 Best B&Bs in Rome
One of the best things about staying in a B&B is the personalised recommendations you get from the owners and managers, and from the other travellers or locals you meet during your stay. With this in mind, our hotel experts have uncovered the very best B&Bs in Rome selected on their location, design, amenities, and (of course) hosts. Whether you are looking for a grand converted palazzo or a chic contemporary boutique property, there is something to suit almost all tastes and budgets. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
- Residenza Ruspoli Bonaparte is another all suite stay. This 16th-century palazzo comprises just three suites. Each is more reminiscent of an apartment with ample space, ceiling frescoes, gilded chandeliers and four-poster beds — the best even has its own library! Even better it's located slap bang in the heart of the city.
For the location
- Casa Montani is a gorgeous little guesthouse situated on the Piazza del Popolo, a short stroll from the Spanish Steps and close to many of Rome's best shopping streets. Its rooms and suites are beautifully finished, plus it's a family-friendly option.
- The Fifteen Keys Hotel is an elegant, 15 room townhouse in a great location between the Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain. The neighbourhood is charming, with a bohemian feel and plenty of cafes and a great antique shop. Breakfast is served alfresco in the courtyard.
For city style
- In the heart of Rome, the Piazza di Spagna 9 is a six-bedroom ‘designer mansion’ with its own contemporary art gallery. As well as the six individually decorated rooms there’s also a steam bath.
- Buonanotte Garibaldi is a chic little B&B in the vibrant and historic Trastevere district, which is a great spot for local colour. There are just three rooms, themed by colour, with silk paintings, oak floors and antiques.
- In one of the hippest spots in town, G-Rough is both luxurious and hip. This townhouse, built in the 17th-century, still has its beautiful parquet floors and original tiles, but it’s also got a fantastic collection of retro furniture in the 10 rooms. Plus there's a fab roof terrace and it’s only 450 metres from the Pantheon and even closer to the Piazza Navona.
- My Navona is a smart design hotel located a stone's throw from the Pantheon in Rome. Conceived by two Italian architects, the hotel offers individually styled rooms in pleasing pastel tones with original terracotta floors and unique Italian design pieces. In-room served breakfasts are a real plus.
- Banco 19 is an intimate and romantic B&B. Airy communal spaces lead to two minimal yet warm rooms, complete with vast bathrooms and wood accents. Enjoy breakfast before heading out to take in Rome's offerings. A welcome modern twist on a classic stay.
For a boutique B&B
- Casa Fabbrini Campo Marzio is a 16th-century townhouse, turned boutique B&B, in central Rome. Think country-style interiors with a modern twist, featuring exposed wooden beams and designer furniture. The uniquely decorated rooms exude rustic charm and a warm welcoming ambience. A charming choice.
- Domus Libera is an intimate boutique hotel located in the historic centre of Rome. Rooms are dressed in a simple, elegant style and boast exposed wooden beams. Expect Italian design pieces, Hermès toiletries and plush Rivolta Carmignani bedding. A stylish stay.
- Residenze Torre Colonna is a chic boutique offering a central location with spectacular views. Romantic bedrooms have four-poster beds, whitewashed walls, and modern art. Book this for the exclusive rooftop views, the hot tub, and the setting near galleries and designer shops. Very trendy.
For great value
- The Althea Inn is a three-roomed B&B off the beaten track in the artistic Testaccio area. Rooms are spacious and whitewashed and there’s a lovely private balcony.
- If you want to be right in the heart of things, by the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, try the Residenza Frattina, a charming townhouse with 13 neutrally decorated bedrooms with nice original features, such as stone floors, fireplaces and exposed beams. Charming and friendly too.
- Amaranto Romano is located in an impressive 19th-century building with a pretty courtyard. A small, well-run guesthouse with whitewashed rooms and contemporary bathrooms complemented by original features throughout with sculptures and domed ceilings. Well-positioned in the historic centre within easy reach of Rome's sights and offered at excellent rates.
- The Hotel Campo de 'Fiori is a gorgeous, 23 room boutique hotel with a fantastic roof terrace with wonderful views of the skyline. Rooms are romantic, with canopied beds and frescoed ceilings, antiques and beautiful details.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome.
- Refine your search by region and consider the best hotels in the heart of Old Rome or our Guru's list of great hotels near the Colosseum.
- Browse through our recommendations for 10 Great Value Hotels in Rome or the 10 Best Family Hotels in Rome.
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Casa Montani Rome 9 rooms from £133Local exploring - Just steps from Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese and Via Babuino — this is ideal for those wanting to explore the city by footFamilies - Families are welcome in Casa Montani and its apartment; they can easily fit extra beds and cots in the SuitesArtworks - Find paintings by Sicilian artist Beppe Buttera throughout the propertyGroups - The separate apartment sleeping up to 4 is ideal for small groups
Small chic city hideaway opposite the Piazza del Popolo in the heart of Rome. Neutral tones, with silk fabrics, hardwood floors, chic modern art and marble bathrooms. Personalised service from owners Giuseppe and Charlotte. Intimate and luxurious boutique hotel in a great location. See More
The Fifteen Keys Hotel Rome 15 rooms from £178Local exploring - An ideal location for getting to know Rome from its major attractions to its boutiques, galleries and local eateriesShort break - The city’s main Termini train station is just a seven minute walk away making this convenient for a fly-by breakCity Style - Chic minimalist decor with painted brick walls, parquet floors and effective use of primary coloursSights nearby - Great location in the Monti district, just 10 mins walk from the ColosseumRecommended by - Tablet
An elegant townhouse hotel with stylish accommodation and an unpretentious feel. Enjoy alfresco breakfasts in the garden courtyard. Located in a charming neighbourhood, the area has a bohemian feel with great antique shops and good coffee spots and is close to major attractions. See More
Piazza di Spagna 9 Rome 6 rooms from £280Architectural - The passion project of interior designer Stefania Grippo who's created an unfussy architectural space with bespoke design piecesCity Style - The hotel doubles up as an art and design exhibition — it doesn't get much trendier than that!Sights nearby - Just next to the Spanish Steps and Fontana di Trevi — this is well placed for city exploringRomantic Break - Unwind in the Turkish steam bath, designed for twoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance. See More
Buonanotte Garibaldi Rome 3 rooms from £208Groups - With just three rooms, this is a good option to rent out in its entirety with family or a group of friendsCity Style - A beautifully styled house with a real focus on art (which is unsurprising as the owner is an artist)Sights nearby - Located in the historic and vibrant Trastevere district — there's plenty to explore locallyHideaway - Perfectly placed in Trastevere, a quiet untouristy spot, yet near the sightsRecommended by - Sawdays
G-Rough Rome (Navona) 10 rooms from £334Boutique - Boutique style sees vintage pieces by leading Italian designers set in a stripped-back historic building — very chicHotel Entertainment - The hotel's ‘Unconventional Experiences’ include unique experiences like tours of the city via VespasChic - Cool from the outset: guests are checked in at the bar over a welcome coffee or proseccoCity Style - Achingly trendy interiors — certainly not one for traditionalists!Recommended by - Tablet
One of the hippest spots in town, at G-Rough you'll find a unique blend of luxury living and trendy design finishes giving this 17th century townhouse a very urban vibe. Parquet floors & original tiles come with an eclectic mix of retro style furniture. Roof terrace for chilling and buzzy bar. See More
Althea Inn Rome 6 rooms from £74Groups - Some of the suites comfortably sleep four adults making this a great option for a small group of friends travelling togetherLocal exploring - Despite being in a leafy and quiet neighbourhood, the Colosseum and Imperial Forum are within walking distanceValue chic - The appealing rates come as a pleasant surpirse in this sophisticated and elegant hotelLively area - The Testaccio area has a good selection of fashionable night spots
Secluded penthouse B&B off the beaten track with spacious rooms, whitewashed walls, simple décor and the piece de resistance, a flower-filled private balcony on which to relax and enjoy an aperitivo as the sun goes down. A great budget choice and for those wanting to sample out-of-the-way Rome. See More
Residenza Frattina Rome 13 rooms from £109Local exploring - Located in the centre of Rome, this is the perfect spot to tour the city from and guests are even given bicycles to get aroundFamilies - The option of spacious triple rooms or quadruple rooms make this a comfortable choice for those travelling with kidsValue chic - With rooms offered at around the €100 mark, this is a chic and affordable central baseSights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps and walking distance to many major attractions
A charming townhouse set near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Beautiful bedrooms are decorated in neutral tones with stone floors, cast iron beds, fireplaces and wooden beams. There's a lovely sitting room and friendly service. A great value choice with lots of charm. See More
My Navona Rome 7 rooms from £99Local exploring - Located a stone's throw from the Pantheon, this hotel is an ideal base for seeing the sights of the eternal cityCity Style - Designed by two local architects, you can't get more city style than this boutique design hotelRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy, individually styled rooms and attentive hotel staffSights nearby - Visit the nearby Pantheon, one of Rome's most renowned sights and walking distance from the hotelRecommended by - Sawdays, Great Small Hotels
This smart design hotel is located a stone's throw from the Pantheon in Rome. Conceived by two Italian architects, the hotel offers individually styled rooms in pleasing pastel tones with original terracotta floors and unique Italian design pieces. Enjoy the room-served breakfasts; a charming hotel. See More
Banco 19 Rome 2 rooms from £142Boutique - There's a real attention to detail, with the building's original features carefully restored while luxe modern touches are addedLocal exploring - Well positioned to explore the city on foot with markets, buzzy nightlife and some of the city's major attractions nearbyCity Style - Effortlessly chic guestrooms, hotel interior filled with plants and print fabrics, plus Rome's delights on the doorstepGroups - With just two stylish suites, this is ideal to take in its entirety as a small group
Redefine the romantic Rome getaway at this chic and intimate B&B. Airy hotel interiors overflow with plants and lead to minimal yet warm rooms, complete with vast bathrooms and wood accents. Enjoy breakfast before heading out to take in Rome's offerings. A welcome, modern twist on a classic weekend. See More
Residenza Ruspoli Bonaparte Rome 3 rooms from £354Luxury - Expect moulded ceilings, parquet floors, gilded chandeliers, and original artworks - this luxury stay has a real sense of placeCity Style - An ostentatiously grand hotel set in what is arguably Rome's smartest address (between Via dei Condotti and Via del Corso)Local exploring - A luxury abode just steps from Rome's main shops and attractions including the Pantheon and Trevi FountainHistoric - A 16th century palazzo that was once home of the Bonaparte familyRecommended by - Tablet
A 16th-century palazzo comprising of just three fabulous suites. Each suite is more reminiscent of an apartment with ample space, ceiling frescoes, gilded chandeliers and four poster beds - the best even has its own library. Even better it's located slap bang in the heart of the city. See More
Casa Fabbrini Campo Marzio Rome (13) 5 rooms from £164Value chic - This sleek and stylish B&B is great value, especially in the low season; plus it's centrally located and full of quirky charm.Local exploring - In a quiet and secluded street yet right in the middle of centro storico, the perfect spot for culture vultures!Great walks - Wander the narrow lanes and cobbled streets of Rome’s centro storico.Sights nearby - The nearby Spanish Steps cannot be missed
A 16th century townhouse, turned boutique B&B, in central Rome. Think country style interiors with a modern twist, with exposed wooden beams and designer furniture. The uniquely decorated rooms exude rustic charm and a warm welcoming ambience. Enjoy a hearty breakfast before checking out the sights. See More
Amaranto Romano Rome 6 rooms from £74Sights nearby - Just a 10 minute walk from the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, the Roman Forum, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish StepsElegant - Expect chic contemporary style with simple white furniture, pale wooden floors, and modern artworksLocal exploring - Well located near many of Rome's sights and guided tours can be arranged from the hotelValue chic - Chic contemporary design offered at excellent prices right in the heart of Rome
Located in an impressive 19th-century building with a pretty courtyard. A small, well-run, guesthouse with white washed rooms and contemporary bathrooms. Original features throughout with sculptures and domed ceilings. Well positioned in the historic centre within easy reach of Rome's sights. See More
Domus Libera Rome (Trevi) 6 rooms from £140City Style - With its central location and luxurious rooms featuring Italian design pieces, this hotel has reams of Roman styleRomantic Break - Couples love to luxuriate in the hotel's designer bedding; book a suite with a bathtub for added indulgenceHideaway - Book a plush suite and hideout indoors at this pretty boutique hotelSights nearby - Visit Piazza Venezia, Rome's central hub located a stone's throw from this hotel
This intimate boutique hotel is located in the historic centre of Rome. Rooms are dressed in a simple, elegant style and boast exposed wooden beams; expect Italian design pieces, Hermès toiletries and plush Rivolta Carmignani bedding. Book a superior room to enjoy a pretty balcony. A stylish stay. See More
Residenze Torre Colonna Rome 5 rooms from £203Boutique - With unique design, individualised service, and a top location — this is a luxurious boutique baseLocal exploring - Perfectly located at the bottom of Via Nazionale just moments from Piazza VeneziaCity Style - Stylish interiors mix medieval style with contemporary design to great effectArtworks - Works by contemporary artist Natino Chirico adorn the walls
A chic boutique hotel centrally located with spectacular rooftop views over Rome. Romantic bedrooms have four-poster beds, white-washed walls, and flashes of modern art on the walls. With exclusive rooftop views, a hot tub, and access to nearby galleries and designer shops - this is a trendy stay. See More