19 Great Value Hotels in Rome
Timeless, ageless, and ever beautiful — Rome is a must-see destination for those who appreciate fine art, fine architecture, and arguably some of the world's finest food. Staying in the heart of the city can, however, come at a premium but — if you know the city well — there are some very good accommodation options that won't break the bank. To share their knowledge, our hotel experts have compiled a collection of great value hotels in Rome selected on their location, design, amenities, and service. Whether you are looking for a chic boutique, a design-led property, a quaint B&B, or a family-friendly option, there is something for everyone here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
For the location
- The Hotel Valadier is a classic modern hotel close to the Spanish Steps and Villa Borghese. There are 67 rooms, three restaurants and a piano bar. There’s also a magnificent rooftop terrace. Plus, they have their own bikes for the use of guests.
- For a similar room rate you could also choose to be closer to the Piazza Navona and the Vatican staying at Due Torri. This is a historic and elegant, 26 room hotel converted from a villa once home to Cardinals, Bishops, and famous Roman families.
- Locanda Cairoli is a chic, comfortable hotel in central Rome. Clean and crisp rooms have individual details such as floral arrangements and artworks. Set close to the Piazza Navona, this is perfect for local exploring. A classic hotel with the air of a private home.
For a stylish stay
- Residenza A is the perfect hotel for a reasonably priced Roman weekend. Chic and contemporary, there are just seven rooms, decorated with original art and muted colours. You’re close to many of the sights, plus you’re surrounded by shops and places to eat.
- My Navona is a smart design hotel located a stone's throw from the Pantheon in Rome. Conceived by two Italian architects, the hotel offers individually styled rooms in pleasing pastel tones with original terracotta floors and unique Italian design pieces. In-room served breakfasts are a real plus.
- The Corner is an exclusive hotel occupying a pretty townhouse in central Rome. The villa's original features shine through in the modern and simply dressed suites boasting hand-selected design pieces. A luxurious choice offered at very reasonable rates.
- Chapter Roma is a glamorous contemporary hotel in Rome's historic centre, a stone's throw away from the Pantheon and Campo de' Fiori. The 19th-century exterior contrasts with the modern rooms, decorated with marble, velvet and brass fittings. Another indulgent choice conveniently placed and well-priced.
- The Fifteen Keys Hotel is an elegant townhouse hotel with 15 stylish rooms arranged around a lovely central courtyard. The neighbourhood is charming, with a bohemian feel, and offers great access to all the major sights. Adults only.
- Villa Laetitia is a fashionable boutique hotel designed by the Fendi family, set amidst verdant gardens right by the Tiber. There are just 15 rooms, all decorated with careful attention to detail, and lovely living spaces with an Art Deco feel.
- Hotel Modigliani has 23 attractive rooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment set around a lovely inner courtyard. Some rooms have private terraces. The decor is elegant with pops of colour and modern art. It’s also very well located.
- The Blue Hostel is an upmarket hostel in the centre of Rome. Beautifully appointed rooms are stylish and comfortable each decorated with tasteful furniture and artwork. With family rooms available and a fantastic central location, it's great for a family trip to the Italian capital.
For a boutique
- The Hotel Campo de 'Fiori is a beautiful boutique hotel with views over Rome’s skyline. There are 23 romantically decorated rooms with canopied beds, frescoed ceilings, and antique furniture, plus a wonderful roof terrace.
- The Relais Rione Ponte is perfectly located less than five minutes from the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. This boutique offers five-star amenities in its nine chic rooms and also hosts a permanent art exhibition. A fantastic boutique find!
- Salotto Monti is a chic boutique hotel located in the heart of the city. Individually designed rooms offer styles from classically elegant to more contemporary. All have sash windows, wooden floors and wallpaper by Fornasetti. With an expansive terrace offering glorious views across Rome, you are getting a lot for your money here.
- Princeps Boutique Hotel is a boutique hotel occupying the fourth floor of a historic palace in the Monti district. Rooms boast leather sofas and marble bathrooms; the best suites overlook the majestic Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. A charming choice.
- Saint B Boutique Hotel is another stylish option. This boutique is located a stone's throw from Piazza Barberini. Rooms boast modern interiors with exclusively Italian design seen in the hand-made flooring and the brass light fittings. An exclusive, yet well-priced, design hotel.
For a B&B
- The Althea Inn is a three-roomed penthouse B&B off the beaten track in the artistic Testaccio area. Rooms are spacious and whitewashed and there’s a lovely private balcony. All at bargain prices!
- If you want to be right in the heart of things, by the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, try the Residenza Frattina, a charming townhouse with 13 neutrally decorated bedrooms with nice original features, such as stone floors, fireplaces and exposed beams. Charming and friendly.
- Amaranto Romano is located in an impressive 19th-century building with a pretty courtyard. A small, well-run, guesthouse with whitewashed rooms and contemporary bathrooms. you'll find original features throughout with sculptures and domed ceilings. Well-positioned in the historic centre within easy reach of Rome's sights and offered at excellent rates.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome, the best B&Bs in Rome, the best Family Hotels in Rome, or the best boutique hotels in Rome, which includes some great value boutique hotels in Rome.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Valadier Rome 67 rooms from £192Luxury - A luxury four star hotel with lavish interiors that feel like they are from a bygone eraLocal exploring - Well located in the heart of historic Rome just a short walk from the ColosseumCity Style - With elegant design and its own piano bar this is a grand central stayGood wine list - The hotel's wine cellar holds four hundred different labels
Classic hotel with modern comforts next to Piazza del Popolo and close to the Spanish Steps & Villa Borghese. Boasting three restaurants and a chic piano bar plus there's a magnificent roof terrace which has wonderful views of Rome. A grand stay well-positioned for city exploring. See More
Due Torri Rome 26 rooms from £104Local exploring - Well located In a quiet alley just a few steps from Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, and the VaticanFamilies - Spacious Family Suites sleep up to four people making this a comfortable option for those travelling with kidsDesigner Shopping - Conveniently located for shopping at the fashion boutiques at Via del Corso and Via Cola di RienzoHistoric - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies
Residenza A Rome 6 rooms from £123Contemporary - With monochrome hues, contemporary artworks, and clean lines — this is a great option for those who like to keep things modernLocal exploring - Well positioned for exploring with its location close to the Trevi fountain, Colosseum, Vatican and St Peter's SquareIntimate - With just six rooms, expect individualised service and a quiet laidback feelDesigner Shopping - Located in the Via Veneto, the city's most fashionable shopping street
The Fifteen Keys Hotel Rome 15 rooms from £178Local exploring - An ideal location for getting to know Rome from its major attractions to its boutiques, galleries and local eateriesShort break - The city’s main Termini train station is just a seven minute walk away making this convenient for a fly-by breakCity Style - Chic minimalist decor with painted brick walls, parquet floors and effective use of primary coloursSights nearby - Great location in the Monti district, just 10 mins walk from the ColosseumRecommended by - Tablet
An elegant townhouse hotel with stylish accommodation and an unpretentious feel. Enjoy alfresco breakfasts in the garden courtyard. Located in a charming neighbourhood, the area has a bohemian feel with great antique shops and good coffee spots and is close to major attractions. See More
Villa Laetitia Rome 15 rooms from £195City Style - A very chic stay designed by one of the Fendi sisters expect original frescoes set besides well chosen contemporary artworksConcierge - Nothing is too much here whether you want a personal butler, a packing and unpacking service or just a bike to rentGood wine list - Anna carefully curated a signature wine collection of vintages hand picked from the best vineyards in ItalyLocal exploring - Well placed just a 15 minute stroll from Piazza del Popolo yet within a lovely quiet neighbourhood
Fashionable boutique hotel designed by the Fendi family. Set in luscious gardens alongside the river Tiber. Attention to detail throughout the rooms and living areas is spectacular - marble pillars, antique fabrics, black and white chequered flooring, 1930s art deco furniture. Tranquil and trendy. See More
Hotel Modigliani Rome 27 rooms from £135Groups - Three of the self-catered apartments sleep up to six people, making this ideal for small groupsQuiet - This is an unusually quiet spot for central Rome due to its position on a tranquil alleyLocal exploring - Located down a quiet street just five minutes’ walk from the Spanish StepsOwner managed - The owner Marco has created a unique guide of Rome for guests to useRecommended by - Sawdays
Very attractive hotel with a gorgeous inner courtyard. Elegant bedrooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment have flashes of Florentine fabric, white washed walls, modern artworks, and private terraces. Fresh flowers adorn every room. Romantic, family friendly, and very artistic. See More
Hotel Campo de' Fiori Rome 23 rooms from £135City Style - For an elegant and traditianally Italian stay, it doesn't get much better than thisGroups - With 11 apartments to rent sleeping from 2 - 5, this is ideal for small groupsRomantic Break - This is a classic and undeniably romantic stay brimming with Old World charmLocal markets - Enjoy the morning market at Piazza Campo de Fiori. This is Rome's most popular market and offers a real snippet of daily life
Althea Inn Rome 6 rooms from £74Groups - Some of the suites comfortably sleep four adults making this a great option for a small group of friends travelling togetherLocal exploring - Despite being in a leafy and quiet neighbourhood, the Colosseum and Imperial Forum are within walking distanceValue chic - The appealing rates come as a pleasant surpirse in this sophisticated and elegant hotelLively area - The Testaccio area has a good selection of fashionable night spots
Secluded penthouse B&B off the beaten track with spacious rooms, whitewashed walls, simple décor and the piece de resistance, a flower-filled private balcony on which to relax and enjoy an aperitivo as the sun goes down. A great budget choice and for those wanting to sample out-of-the-way Rome. See More
Amaranto Romano Rome 6 rooms from £74Sights nearby - Just a 10 minute walk from the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, the Roman Forum, the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish StepsElegant - Expect chic contemporary style with simple white furniture, pale wooden floors, and modern artworksLocal exploring - Well located near many of Rome's sights and guided tours can be arranged from the hotelValue chic - Chic contemporary design offered at excellent prices right in the heart of Rome
Located in an impressive 19th-century building with a pretty courtyard. A small, well-run, guesthouse with white washed rooms and contemporary bathrooms. Original features throughout with sculptures and domed ceilings. Well positioned in the historic centre within easy reach of Rome's sights. See More
Relais Rione Ponte Rome 9 rooms from £124City Style - Sleek, modern rooms and suites are beautifully appointed and all feature original contemporary artworksLocal exploring - With its central location on the Piazza Navona, most of Rome's highlights are accessible on footViews - Rooms overlook the Piazza di Tor Sanguigna and Piazza delle Cinque LuneValue chic - A great value option in the heart of Rome
The Blue Hostel Rome 7 rooms from £95Short break - Well positioned just a seven-minute walk to Termini Station making this a good option for a quick weekend city breakFamilies - With family rooms available, and a fantastic central location, it's great for a family trip to the Italian capitalQuiet - Overlooking a peaceful private courtyard, all you can hear are the bells of Santa Maria MaggioreSights nearby - Within a mile of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Trevi FountainRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
An upmarket hostel set in the centre of Rome. The beautifully appointed rooms mix the old and new with parquet floors, original beamed ceilings, whitewashed walls, & modern artworks. There's no restaurant but a personalised map will direct you to the best local eateries. A well-priced city crashpad. See More
Princeps Boutique Hotel Rome (Rione Monti) 20 rooms from £130Local exploring - Set in the heart of historic Rome, this is ideal for exploring the city's ancient sites plus restaurants and shopsCity Style - Located in a heritage palace in the centre of Rome, this hotel oozes city styleValue chic - Despite its chic design and central location, rooms are very reasonably pricedViews - Enjoy views onto the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore from your room
This boutique hotel occupies the fourth floor of a historic palace in Rome's Monti district. Recently renovated rooms boast leather sofas and marble bathrooms; the best suites overlook the majestic Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. Enjoy a unique breakfast in the airy dining room. A charming hotel. See More
Locanda Cairoli Rome 15 rooms from £153Full of character - With a mix of original features, modern artworks, & traditional furniture this hotel feels much like staying in someone's homeLocal exploring - Well positioned in the city centre offering easy access to the Pantheon Temple and other major sitesClose to nightlife - Trastevere offers a unique and eclectic variety of nightlife optionsSights nearby - Close to Piazza Navona and The Pantheon
A chic, comfortable hotel in central Rome. Clean, crisp rooms follow a blue and yellow theme, with individual details such as floral arrangements and artworks. Close to the Piazza Navona, this is perfect for local exploring. A classic hotel with the air of a private home. See More
Salotto Monti Rome (Rione Monti) 12 rooms from £175Families - The Superior Apartment occupies the whole first floor and comes with a full kitchen, lounge area, and room to sleep fourSights nearby - Visit the famed Roman Forum, Colosseum and Pantheon, all within walking distance from the propertyBoutique - A chic little boutique with impeccable style (think old meets new) and a fabulous roof terraceCity Style - A chic contemporary hotel set in the trendy district of MontiRecommended by - Tablet
A chic boutique hotel located in the heart of the city. Individually designed rooms offer styles from classically elegant to more contemporary. All have sash windows, wooden floors and wallpaper by Fornasetti. Breakfast is served on the expansive terrace offering glorious views across Rome. See More
Saint B Boutique Hotel Rome (Via Veneto) 8 rooms from £174Local exploring - The hotel's central location makes it a perfect base for exploring the city's most famed historic sitesSights nearby - The Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Spagna, Via Veneto, via dei Condotti can be reached with 5 minutes walkArtworks - The rooms are decorated with original paintings, many of which are unique, signed works of artCity Style - With all-Italian furnishings, this hotel has plenty of authentic city style
A stylish boutique hotel located in central Rome, a stone's throw from Piazza Barberini. Rooms boast modern interior design with exclusively Italian soft furnishings, from the hand-made flooring to the brass light fittings; the best suites have a private terrace. An exclusive design hotel. See More
My Navona Rome 7 rooms from £99Local exploring - Located a stone's throw from the Pantheon, this hotel is an ideal base for seeing the sights of the eternal cityCity Style - Designed by two local architects, you can't get more city style than this boutique design hotelRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy, individually styled rooms and attentive hotel staffSights nearby - Visit the nearby Pantheon, one of Rome's most renowned sights and walking distance from the hotelRecommended by - Sawdays, Great Small Hotels
This smart design hotel is located a stone's throw from the Pantheon in Rome. Conceived by two Italian architects, the hotel offers individually styled rooms in pleasing pastel tones with original terracotta floors and unique Italian design pieces. Enjoy the room-served breakfasts; a charming hotel. See More
The Corner Townhouse Rome (Aventino) 11 rooms from £245Foodies - Foodies will swoon at the fusion cuisine of chef Marco Martini at the hotel restaurant which has been awarded a Michelin starRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's stylish suites, cosy cocktail bar, fine dining and hidden away feelCity Style - Located in an Art Nouveau townhouse, this hotel has reams of chic Italian styleSights nearby - Visit the nearby Circo Massimo, a huge outdoor arena used for Roman chariot races
This exclusive hotel occupies a pretty townhouse in central Rome. The villa's original features shine through in the modern and simply dressed suites boasting hand-selected design pieces; book the Suite Royal for a Roman-style terrace bath. Enjoy a cocktail in the lounge garden; a luxurious stay. See More
Chapter Roma Rome 6 rooms from £128Local exploring - Set in the city centre there are art galleries, irreverent concept stores, antique artisan shops and historical sites nearbyChic - Stylish interiors are curated with a mix of local and international designer furniture pieces and bespoke finishesCity Style - Expect on-point design, cutting-edge dining options, and a chic roof terrace barSights nearby - The Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Campo de' Fiori are a short walk from the hotelRecommended by - Tablet
A glamorous contemporary hotel in Rome's historic centre, a stone's throw away from the Pantheon and Campo de' Fiori. The 19th-century exterior contrasts with the modern rooms, decorated with marble, velvet and brass fittings. There are a choice selection of dining and drinking options. Very chic. See More