- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Great Value Hotels in Rome
Timeless, ageless, ever beautiful Rome is a must-see destination, and of course that means that sometimes you’re expected to pay for the privilege of experiencing this incredibly special city. Hotels in particular have a reputation for being pricey, but they don’t have to be, our Gurus have found some exceptionally great value hotels in Rome.
If you’re looking for the very best offers from our Guru’s recommendations for great value hotels in Rome then you might want to consider avoiding peak tourist season, which is June through August. If you travel at other times of year you’ll not only pay less for your accommodation, you’ll probably also queue for less time at each attraction. If you’re looking for great value restaurant recommendations to go with our great value hotels in Rome, then just remember to get out of the tourist areas. And ask the concierge or manager at your great value hotel…
Great Value Hotels in Rome
In Great Locations
- The Hotel Valadier is a classic modern hotel come to the Spanish Steps and the Villa Borghese. There are 67 rooms, three restaurants and a piano bar. There’s also a magnificent rooftop terrace. Plus, they have their own bikes for the use of guests. Rooms start from around £100 per night.
- For a similar room rate you could also choose to be closer to the Piazza Navona and The Vatican: staying at Due Torri, an historic and elegant, 26 room hotel converted from a villa once home to Cardinals, Bishops, and famous Roman families.
For a City Break
- Residenza A is the perfect hotel for a reasonably priced Roman weekend. Chic and contemporary, there are just seven rooms, decorated with original art and muted colours. You’re close to many of the sights, plus you’re surrounded by shops and places to eat. Rooms start from around £125 per night.
Great Value Romantic Hotels
- The Inn at The Roman Forum is a beautiful, 14 room guesthouse with classically modern decor, right by the Colosseum. There’s also a lovely rooftop terrace.
- The The Fifteen Keys Hotel is an elegant townhouse hotel with 15 stylish rooms arranged around a lovely central courtyard. The neighbourhood is charming, with a bohemian feel, and great access to all the major sights. Adults only.
- Villa Laetitia is a fashionable boutique hotel designed by the Fendi family, set amidst luscious gardens right by the Tiber. There are just 15 rooms, all decorated with careful attention to detail, and lovely living spaces with an Art Deco feel. Rooms start at around £140 per night.
Great Value Family Hotels
- Just steps from the Trevi fountain, the Daphne Inn has a collection of rooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment, decorated in a contemporary style in creams, bronzes and browns. There’s a great breakfast room and they offer bike rental as well. Rooms start from around £75 per night.
- For a similar room rate you could also stay at the Hotel Modigliani, which has 23 attractive rooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment around a lovely inner courtyard. Some rooms have private terraces. The decor is elegant with pops of colour and modern art. It’s also very well located.
Great Value Luxury Hotels
- Babuino 181 is a collection of sleek boutique apartment style suites right by the Spanish Steps. The decor is plush and there’s all the modern gadgets you might need. Plus a fabulous breakfast terrace on the roof. Rooms start from around £140 per night.
- The Hotel Campo de 'Fiori is a beautiful boutique hotel with views over Rome’s skyline. There are 23 romantically decorated rooms with canopied beds, frescoed ceilings, and antique furniture, plus a wonderful roof terrace.
Great Value B&Bs
- The Althea Inn is a three roomed penthouse B&B off the beaten track in the artistic Testaccio area. Rooms are spacious and whitewashed and there’s a lovely private balcony. Rooms start from less than £60 per night.
- For a similar room rate you can afford to stay in the centre of town, in the Hotel de Monti, which has seven bright, comfortable rooms set between the train station and the Colosseum.
- If you want to be right in the heart of things, by the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain, try the Residenza Frattina, a charming townhouse with 13 neutrally decorated bedrooms with nice original features, such as stone floors, fireplaces and exposed beams. Charming and friendly as well, and all for around £85 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for great value hotels in Rome might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your search to the best hotels in Central Rome,
- or the best B&Bs in Rome,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.