The 10 Best Hotels Near The Spanish Steps, Rome
The Spanish Steps are world-renowned for their beauty and location, emptying into the Piazza di Spagna where they offer a beautiful view of the square and fountain. Set right in the heart of historic Rome, this is a convenient location to access many of the city's best sights. It is also close to the main shopping area and so for those who are looking to enjoy some retail therapy, this is a convenient area to stay to drop off purchases and then head out again. The best hotels near the Spanish Steps are located at the top of the steps and, therefore, offer wonderful city views. However, there are also a good choice of intimate boutiques and luxury options. Our hotel experts have compiled a collection of their favourite options in the area, so why not browse through our collection to start planning your next stay?
For a boutique
- Crossing Condotti offers an oasis of privacy and luxury, with just 10 rooms and decor which is a happy marriage between nicely chosen Baroque antiques and a modern canvas. An elegant and chic option with very personal service.
- The Piazza di Spagna 9 is a beautifully designed mansion in the heart of Rome with just six individually decorated rooms. With a Turkish steam bath and its own contemporary art gallery — this is a unique choice.
- The Portrait Suites, in the fashion district, are a collection of 11 luxurious, boutique style suites with haute couture furniture, kitchenettes, marble bathrooms and private terraces. Ideal for the young and trendy and those on longer trips.
- Spagna Royal Suite is a stylish hotel in the heart of the Piazza de Spagna. Urbane and luxurious rooms with fashionable furnishings and mosaic ensuite bathrooms. This is the perfect launchpad for a weekend's exploring of Rome.
- Hotel de La Ville is a bright and elegant hotel boasting impressive views over Via Sistina. Each of the unique, contemporary rooms ooze luxury, decorated in rich fabrics, wood and marble. Unwind at the spa after exploring the city, and end the day at the glamorous terrace bar.
For great value
- Residenza Frattina is a charming townhouse offering beautiful bedrooms decorated in neutral tones with stone floors, cast iron beds, fireplaces and wooden beams. Complete with a lovely sitting room and friendly service, this is a great value choice with lots of charm.
- Families should try Mario de Fiori 37, a slick set of four self-catering suites and apartments equipped with every modern gadget and spacious living areas. Just a stroll from the Spanish Steps, this is an ideal choice for those who want an independent stay.
- The Eden is a large and luxurious five-star property with traditional decor and traditional discretion in a great spot that you can really appreciate when dining in the spectacular roof terrace restaurant.
- Hotel D'Inghilterra is a traditional and formal old-time favourite of the Hollywood elite. Expect elegant rooms and suites with silk curtains and antique furnishings. Cafe Romano serves lovely Mediterranean fare and the Bond Bar is a must for a martini! A characterful luxury choice well located just below the Spanish Steps.
- Hassler Roma is a five-star stay with spacious and elegant suites dressed in either a modern or neoclassical style; the best have plush living space and a terrace with views over the city. Imàgo, the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant, is worthy of a visit alone. Luxury defined.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome
- Consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels near the Vatican, the best hotels in Trastevere, or our recommendations for Great hotels near the Colosseum.
- You could also refine your search to the Best Boutique hotels in Rome, or the Best Luxury Hotels in Rome
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Crossing Condotti Rome 10 rooms from £214Local exploring - Right in the heart of the city, with easy access to numerous cultural sights, designer shops, and restaurants tooCharming - The exposed wooden beams, antiquarian oil paintings and family silver make it feel like you are in someone's homeCity Style - The design perfectly merges traditional elegance and chic contemporary styleDesigner Shopping - Close to the boutiques and designer outlets on Via CondottiRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Luxurious recently refurbished oasis near the Spanish Steps that marries modern décor with well-chosen antiques. Intimate rooms, suites and one apartment with original beamed ceilings, polished wooden floors, enormous beds and tasteful artworks. Elegant and chic, with very personal service. See More
Mario de Fiori 37 Rome 7 rooms from £133Quiet - Despite its very central location, the hotel is set on a quiet cobbled street offering some peace & quiet in the city centreOwner managed - The owner Alberto Moncada offers his ‘Roman Notebook’ of recommended places to eat, drink, shop and visitDesigner Shopping - Via Condotti and some of Rome's best shopping is on the doorstepLocal exploring - Located just a stroll from the Spanish StepsRecommended by - Tablet
Piazza di Spagna 9 Rome 6 rooms from £280Architectural - The passion project of interior designer Stefania Grippo who's created an unfussy architectural space with bespoke design piecesCity Style - The hotel doubles up as an art and design exhibition — it doesn't get much trendier than that!Sights nearby - Just next to the Spanish Steps and Fontana di Trevi — this is well placed for city exploringRomantic Break - Unwind in the Turkish steam bath, designed for twoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance. See More
Portrait Roma Rome 14 rooms from £649Luxury - A very exclusive feel with discreet service, a dedicated ‘lifestyle team’ and a guest-only rooftop barLocal exploring - Located right beside the Spanish Steps this is a very central location for exploring the cityDesigner - Owned and designed by the Ferragamo family, this is an unsurprisingly stylish boutique staySuites - An all-suite hotel (each is vast) and there are fun little touches like video fireplacesRecommended by - Tablet
Luxury boutique suites in Rome's fashion district. Like the shops below, these suites are just as fashionable and come with an equally expensive price tag, with good reason. Each suite boasts enormous space, haute couture designer furniture, marble bathrooms, kitchenettes and private terraces. See More
Spagna Royal Suite Rome 19 rooms from £149Chic - With playful décor (think, a stiletto-shaped bathtub), live music, & a lively cocktail bar — this is a youthful and vibrant stayRomantic Break - A luxurious, romantic place to stay in the Italian capital, with sleek and stylish suites, funky modern art and design features.Local exploring - The hotel's central location places it within easy reach of Rome's major sights such as the Trevi Fountain and PantheonWellbeing - Book the one of the Classic Wellness rooms for a private sauna or steam bath in-room
A flamboyant hotel in the heart of the Piazza de Spagna, in Rome's city centre. Urbane and luxurious rooms have fashionable Italian furniture and mosaic ensuite bathrooms. Added luxuries in some rooms include saunas or steam rooms. With a chic cocktail bar, this is a youthful city base. See More
Residenza Frattina Rome 13 rooms from £109Local exploring - Located in the centre of Rome, this is the perfect spot to tour the city from and guests are even given bicycles to get aroundFamilies - The option of spacious triple rooms or quadruple rooms make this a comfortable choice for those travelling with kidsValue chic - With rooms offered at around the €100 mark, this is a chic and affordable central baseSights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps and walking distance to many major attractions
A charming townhouse set near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Beautiful bedrooms are decorated in neutral tones with stone floors, cast iron beds, fireplaces and wooden beams. There's a lovely sitting room and friendly service. A great value choice with lots of charm. See More
Hotel d'Inghilterra Rome 88 rooms from £259Families - The hotel is part of Starhotels’ V.I.K. (Very Important Kid) programme with free stays for children under 16Romantic Break - Rooftop meals looking over Rome's skyline, opulent suites and cosy bars — perfect for a romantic city breakDesigner Shopping - Right in the centre of the fashion district, this hotel is just steps from Via del Corso shopping streetCity Style - This chic hotel oozes history and old school charm, plus it's minutes from Rome's main attractionsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Traditional and formal old-time favourite of Hollywood elite. Elegant rooms and suites with silk curtains and antique furnishings. Cafe Romano serves lovely Mediterranean fare and the Bond Bar is a must for a martini! Perfect location below the Spanish Steps, in the middle of the Fashion District. See More
Hassler Roma Rome (Spagna) 87 rooms from £635City Style - Overlooking the Spanish Steps and a stone's throw from the Colosseum, you can't get more city style than this hotelRomantic Break - Couples will love the romantic, neoclassical suites, with plush linens and beautiful viewsHoneymoons - Book a presidential suite to enjoy a private hot tub, for a honeymoon with added luxuryRestaurant - The hotel has a Michelin-starred restaurant
This five-star hotel is located in the heart of Rome's city centre. The spacious and elegant suites are dressed in either a modern or neoclassical style; the best have plush living space and a terrace with views over the city. Dine at Imàgo, the hotel's Michelin-starred restaurant; luxury defined. See More
Hotel de la Ville, Rome Rome 23 rooms from £640Luxury - With a vast spa, attentive service, a fabulous rooftop, fine dining, and a great location - this ticks all the boxesLocal exploring - Sitting at the top of the Spanish Steps, Hotel de la Ville occupies one of the most enviable addresses in RomeFoodies - Guests can enjoy traditional Roman cuisine at the hotel's restaurants or those nearbyViews - It is hard to beat the views of Rome from the hotel’s rooftop bar and terraces
An elegant luxury hotel boasting impressive views over Via Sistina in the heart of Rome. Each of the unique, contemporary rooms ooze luxury, decorated in rich fabrics, wood and marble. Unwind at the spa after exploring the city, and end the day at the glamorous terrace bar. See More
Hotel Eden Rome (Via Veneto) 98 rooms from £734City Style - Located in one of the most exclusive areas of Rome and boasting chic Italian interiors, this hotel has reams of city styleLocal exploring - Situated next to the Villa Borghese, this hotel is in a great location for exploring the sights of RomeSpa breaks - With extensive, high-end spa facilities on-site, book this hotel for your next urban spa breakGreat walks - Explore the verdant gardens of the Villa Borghese which neighbours the hotel; ask the hotel to prepare you a picnic basketRecommended by - Fodors
This opulent hotel is nestled beside the Villa Borghese gardens in Rome. Rooms blend modern design with neoclassical influences in a golden palette; the best suites boast unique artworks and panoramic views. Eat at the Michelin-starred restaurant overlooking the city's sights; an indulgent hotel. See More