20 of the Best Boutique Hotels in Normandy
Normandy has a lot to offer its visitor. From some of France's most famous sights such as the Bayeux Tapestry and Mont St-Michel to relics from the D-Day Landing. The landscapes are very alluring too with a dramatic coastline and pastoral interior with quaint villages and rolling fields. Like all of France, the region has world-renowned cuisine and is especially famed for its apples, cider, and camembert. With so many attractions, it comes as no surprise that the choice of accommodation is broad. However, our Hotel Gurus always lean towards a boutique property, when available, for their individual feel. The best boutique hotels in Normandy range from converted chateaux to quaint seafront cottages. Chosen on their amenities, design, and location there is something for everyone whether you are on a family break or a romantic escape. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your stay?
For a hotel with a view
- La Chaumiere offers nine light and airy suites with artistically chosen contemporary furnishings and a very cool mix of old and new. Located right on the beach, the sea views are spectacular (particularly so from the restaurant). A great choice for a couples' escape.
- Le Jardin des Plumes is a short stroll from Monet’s house and gardens at Giverny. There's much to admire at this property from the heady mix of traditional and contemporary design, the perfect pastoral views, and even a Michelin starred restaurant.
For a romantic stay
- Les Maisons de Léa is a unique B&B set across three buildings. Each of the three buildings has its own decor and appeal, from rustic to Mediterranean to contemporary — but they’re all stylishly executed. With an atmospheric restaurant, suites with huge bathtubs and private terraces — this is an ideal choice for a romantic escape.
- La Ferme Saint Simeon is a luxurious five star with a top of the range spa. The views from many of the rooms, and especially the roof terrace and the garden, are wonderful. An indulgent spot to unwind with your significant other. The restaurant offers the finest local cuisine too.
For a complete escape
- In the heart of the Perche Regional Natural Park, Cote Parc is a rustic-chic eight-room escape. Some of the rooms are more rustic than others, with exposed beams and stone walls. Expect amenities beyond its size including a spa, gym and tea room.
- Le Domaine d'Ablon is a really special escape in a rural spot inland from Honfleur. It has just four accommodation choices ranging from extremely elegant suites set within the thatched roof of one of the beautiful old timber houses to larger family sized suites. There's a noteworthy regional restaurant and plenty of onsite activities.
- The Manoir de Surville boasts an extensive spa and an excellent restaurant. It’s in a beautiful rural spot, just outside the sleepy Norman village of Surville. There are just nine suites, decorated in cool monochrome hues which fit in elegantly with the original features of the timbered building.
For a beach break
- Tucked away amongst pretty gardens and woodland just along the cliffs from Etretat, Les Pins de Cesar is a seductively elegant hotel. Rooms and suites are stylishly decorated in dark, moody colours. There’s a gorgeous indoor pool, an indulgent spa, and an outdoor hot tub with wonderful forest views. A tranquil, romantic, and sophisticated spot.
- Manoir de la Plage is a seaside manor with rooms decorated in a charismatic mix of traditional French decor and contemporary style. Ideal for couples, this adult-only stay offers hydrotherapy massages, an infrared sauna and the sunset beach walks are a must!
For a chateau
- The Château de la Pommeraye is an elegant stately home in a beautiful rural location. It has just five rooms, all of them sumptuous and traditional. Expect beautiful antiques, huge beds, and fairytale views. You can also book the whole property for private use, and arrange meals as needed.
- Elegant and romantic, the Château la Cheneviere is an 18th century château between Bayeux and the beach. Original features remain, however, rooms and suites are decorated with the height of modern luxury in mind. Complete with a cocktail bar, a classic French restaurant, beautiful parklands, a heated pool and tennis courts. An idyllic rural escape.
- Chateau Saint Gilles is a beautifully converted 18th-century chateau set in a secluded rural spot near Bayeux. Bright and contemporary apartments and rooms keep their heritage charm. With a beach nearby and plenty of activities on offer, this is a great choice for a country escape.
- Les Rochers is a lovingly restored 16th-century manor house with six rooms, a large family duplex room and a separate gîte (perfect for families wanting their own space). The decor is a fun collection of art and vintage furniture. The courtyard offers an ideal space for badminton or pétanque and there's plenty of space in the surrounding fields.
- La Dime de Giverny is a converted low manor house arranged, around a central courtyard, with a collection of seven self-catering cottages. Inside the cottages, you’ll find a sort of rustic minimalism, with bare brick, whitewashed walls, exposed beams and tiled floors. Breakfast is served and it's just a short stroll from numerous restaurants and eateries in the local village.
- Romantic and family-friendly, the Château de saint Paterne is 15th-century château, with charming hosts, in an idyllic spot outside Alencon. There are nine rooms and two suites — one of which is a treehouse in the woods that kids (and adults) will love. There's Michelin-starred dining, a swimming pool, tennis courts, badminton, and croquet to keep everyone entertained. Perfect for the whole family.
For great value
- With just four rooms and a colourful travel theme, La Belleme Bleue is a chic but affordable choice in Belleme. Somewhat off the beaten track, this little town is right inside the Parc Natural Regional du Perche, so it's green and lovely, and makes a good base for exploring the region’s interior. Considering its size the bar has a great wine list and the restaurant specialises in local cuisine. With a sauna and an adults-only policy — this is a grown-up choice.
- If minimalism is more your style then the Hotel Les 2 Villas might be more to your taste. A five-room hotel converted from two neighbouring villas in the heart of Trouville, this affordable hotel has neat, designer furnishings in monochrome colours. Moments from the beach; there’s no restaurant, but they do offer breakfast and you’re surrounded by cafes and restaurants.
- The Manoir'Hastings is a renovated 17th-century farmhouse in the pretty town of Bénouville. Modernised, but with some of its original features retained such as the pitched roofs, large beams and fireplaces made out of great slabs of stone. Complete with a modern French restaurant; this is a real steal!
- Le Clos St Martin is a chic four-bedroom B&B located in a 16th-century mansion in the heart of Caen. Guestrooms blend contemporary interior design with selected antiques and original heritage details. With family suites available, this is a well priced base for couples or families to explore the city from.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Normandy.
- Or refine your search to just the best hotels in Arromanches les Bains, the best places to stay in Dunkirk, the best places to stay in Bayeux or in Caen.
- Alternatively, you could consider our Guru’s recommendations for 20 of the Best B&Bs in Normandy, or 21 of the Best Château Hotels in Normandy.
- Or, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
La Chaumiere Honfleur (Route du Littoral) 9 rooms from CA$379Country Escape - In the heart of the countryside, along the Normandy coast, this is an idyllic location for a rural escapeSwimming Pool - Small heated indoor relaxation pool; used by guests on a private basis by the hourSights nearby - Head into nearby Honfleur and stroll along its picturesque Old HarbourRestaurant - Sea view restaurant championing fresh local produceRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Le Jardin des Plumes Giverny 12 rooms from CA$263Foodies - The Michelin starred restaurant is the real lure here serving exquisite dishes using the best of local produceShort break - Less than two hours from Paris, this is a good option for a foodie weekend awayGreat walks - There are beautiful walking trails around Giverny, ideal for working up an appetiteSights nearby - Monet's house and gardens are just a short walk from the hotel
Traditional on the outside, whereas inside contemporary style prevails with art-deco furniture and chic, ornate decorations. Rooms are smartly furnished and bathrooms beautiful. The Michelin starred restaurant, however, is the real lure and worthy of a visit alone. A good choice for couples. See More
Les Maisons de Léa Honfleur, Normandy 34 rooms from CA$250Groups - Le Grande Maison is a separate house that sleeps up to 12 and comes with a lounge, dining area, and fully equipped kitchenSights nearby - Overlooking the place Sainte Catherine and its famous wooden church and within walking distance of Vieux BassinFoodies - The gourmet restaurant Tourbillon is worthy of a visit alone and the house speciality (lobster) is a must orderSpa - The Nuxe spa has a hammam, a steam rooms, a couple's treatment room, and a wide choice of massagesRecommended by - Sawdays
A unique B&B set in three different buildings in central Honfleur. Rooms, suites, and a private cottage are all beautifully decorated in different styles. Think - rustic farmhouse, Mediterranean, and loft conversion. The bathrooms have huge bathtubs and some have private hot tubs. Very chic. See More
La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur 35 rooms from CA$442Romantic Break - Beautiful rooms, top notch service, 5 star luxury and gourmet cuisine ensure a romantic stayFoodies - Les Impressionistes is a fine dining restaurant that specialises in regional cuisine.Spa breaks - La Ferme de Beaute is a fully equipped spa with Turkish hammam and body wraps.Views - Fantastic sea views from the garden.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
Le Domaine d'Ablon Honfleur (Ablon) 4 rooms from CA$658Foodies - Unique dining experiences with à la carte dining served wherever you wish in the property (under a tree or in your suite?)Active Holiday - Get out into the countryside and explore by bike, foot or horse backFull of character - Sophisticated interiors carefully blend beautiful period features with up-to-the-minute luxuriesCooking classes - Learn how to cook dishes of the region in a class run by the hotel's chef
A chic rural property set just outside Hornfleur. Rooms mix contemporary and traditional styles; dotted with artworks and antiques, the best have roll-top baths. Regional dishes can be sampled in the restaurant and days can be spent walking, horse riding or cycling. A sophisticated rural escape. See More
Chateau de la Pommeraye La Pommeraye, Normandy 5 rooms from CA$241Groups - The property can be rented out in its entirety and lends itself well for holidays with friends or familyCountry Escape - A part moated chateau surrounded by meadows and forests, ideal for a rural hideawaySights nearby - Discover famed attractions such as the Bayeux tapestry and the Normandy landing beachesGreat walks - There are beautiful walks starting straight from the propertyRecommended by - Sawdays, I Escape
A half-moated chateau in a picturesque rural setting. Elegance interiors are classic in design with Louis XVI furniture, Italianate stairwells, sumptuous bedrooms, and fairytale views. A stately home (also available for exclusive use) perfect for couples, groups, or families. See More
Manoir de Surville Surville, Normandy 11 rooms from CA$497Romantic Break - Lovely suites and a relaxed atmosphere make this the perfect location for a romantic breakSights nearby - Visit the nearby Château de Gaillon and Château du Champ de BatailleGreat walks - The surrounding countryside is full of beautiful walking routesRestaurant - Seasonal regional cuisine is served in the restaurantRecommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
Les Pins de Cesar Normandy 14 rooms from CA$386Country Escape - Converted family estate situated in a nature reserve and offering quality spa facilities, ideal for relaxing country retreatsSpa breaks - The Nuxe Spa is a real lure with individualised body treatments and massages and its wide choice of amenitiesGreat walks - The Chemin des Douaniers is a stunning 7 km round-trip hike along the white-chalk cliffs nearbySights nearby - Head to the picturesque villages of Tilleul and Etretat on the charming Alabaster CoastRecommended by - Tablet
A peaceful coastal hotel tucked away in pretty gardens and woodlands near the cliffs. Featuring a gorgeous indoor pool and indulgent Nuxe spa, its rustic charm is bound to seduce. Rooms are homely and sophisticated and expect to be delighted by the cuisine- ideal for a rejuvenating getaway. See More
Chateau La Cheneviere Bayeux 29 rooms from CA$399Local exploring - Some of Normandy's most famed attractions are nearby including the Bayeaux Tapestry and D Day landing beachesFoodies - The restaurant serves classical cuisine based on the flavours of NormandySights nearby - Very close to historic Bayeux where the Bayeaux Tapestry amongst aother historical sights can be viewedTennis - Play a game on the hotel's courtRecommended by - Michelin Travel, Small Luxury Hotels
A luxurious 18th-century chateau on the coastline. Traditional and elegant interiors include enormous rooms and suites, a classical French restaurant, and an inviting bar. With a pool and tennis courts within the picturesque grounds - this is the complete package for a french rural getaway. See More
Cote Parc Normandy 8 rooms from CA$205Total relaxation - The spa has a hot tub, steam room and there is an on-site gym plus the surrounds are very tranquilShort break - Just 160 km from Paris and located in a national park, this is ideal for a weekend rural escapeGreat walks - In the Perche Regional Nature Park, there are a wide range of walking and hiking trailsBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Chateau de Saint Paterne Alençon 13 rooms from CA$263Country Escape - A grand castle with stunning grounds complete with a pool and tennis court, this is a quintessential rural escapeFoodies - Set dinners prepared by owner Charles-Henry de Valbray are a real highlightSights nearby - Nearby attractions include Mont Saint Michel and several chateauxSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A stunning 15th-century chateau with a fantastic table d'hotes and charming hosts. Romantic bedrooms and suites in soft pastels with wooden panelled walls, fourposter beds, and fireplaces. In-room massages, a swimming pool, and early supper for children. Romantic, but still family friendly. See More
Le Manoir de la Plage Honfleur 7 rooms from CA$212Total relaxation - Remote, quiet and good facilities for relaxing including a sauna, an indoor swimming pool, and hydrotherapyBeach Life - The beach is on the doorstep of the manor, perfect for sunset walks or a bracing swimTennis - Outdoor tennis courts by the sea are available for hire at the hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor pool with the option to rent out for a private session
A majestic seaside manor with a charismatic mix of traditional French decor and contemporary style. Spacious rooms feature large sash windows, exposed beams, and simple modern furniture. Boasting hydrotherapy massages, a sauna, an indoor pool, and tennis courts - this is a peaceful hideaway. See More
La Dime de Giverny 27620 Giverny 7 rooms from CA$338Local exploring - The historic Vexin region is great to explore, with its valleys, the forest of Lyons, abbeys, castles and beautiful parksFamilies - The two gites (one larger than the other) offer chic multi-room spaces for families looking for independenceSights nearby - Check out Monet’s beautiful house and garden, the castle of La Roche-Guyon and the 800 year-old Château GaillardOutstanding location - Situated in a secluded part of the village away from most of the tourist traffic
A historic Giverny guesthouse offering rooms in the house or self-catering cottages. Rooms are pared-back yet stylish, combining rustic charm and elegance with hardwood floors, bare brick walls, wooden beams & chic furnishings. Breakfast is served, while village eateries are within walking distance. See More
Les Rochers Normandy 6 rooms from CA$219Families - Duplex accommodation or the cottage are ideal for families while cots and toys are available for families with young childrenLocal exploring - Located between the beaches and Bayeaux, guests can choose a day of culture or a quite day by the seaCountry Escape - A charming rural house offering a secluded location surrounded by lovely walking countrySights nearby - The Bayeux Tapestry and D-Day beaches are easily accessible
B&B accommodation in a lovingly restored 16th-century manor house. Inside, airy rooms boast an eclectic collection of art and furniture ranging from classic to art deco to contemporary. Gourmet dinners are available on request. The duplex room & gîte are ideal for families. A tranquil rural escape. See More
La Belleme Bleue Bellême, Normandy 5 rooms from CA$161Hideaway - This homely guesthouse is set in the quaint town of Belleme, well-off the beaten trackActive Holiday - Explore the surrounding Normandy landscape by bicyle, horse back or footBoutique - Five individually themed guest rooms filled with quirky objets and stylish decorRestaurant - A small menu of local dishes are served in the restaurant
A gorgeous property with lovingly designed, themed rooms, inspired by the continents of Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas, with artwork and furnishings to match. The restaurant offers delicious local cuisine and the bar has an enviable wine list. Guests can relax at the hotel's on-site sauna. See More
Hotel Les 2 Villas Deauville (TROUVILLE SUR MER) 5 rooms from CA$146Local exploring - Located in the heart of Trouville near the harbour, seafood restaurants, and easy access to DeauvilleFamilies - Good range of family friendly rooms, with suites easily accommodating two adults and two childrenActive Holiday - There are a wealth of activities in the area from sailing to horse riding or hikingSights nearby - Discover the old harbour, surrounded by numerous brick or slate-clad houses at nearby Honfleur
Two converted villas offering chic accommodation in the heart of Trouville. Individually styled rooms are minimalist in design with plenty of light, crisp white linen and designer furniture. A central courtyard is a sunny spot to enjoy breakfast and the beach is just at the end of the street. See More
Manoir'Hastings 14970, Normandy 4 rooms from CA$259Local exploring - With the Bayeaux Tapestry & D Day Landing beaches nearby, this is well placed to explore some of Normandy's historical sitesShort break - Well positioned just 10 minutes from Caen and 2 hours from ParisFoodies - Sample exemplary modern french cuisine at the hotel's restaurantSights nearby - History on your doorstep - the Bayeux Tapestry is only 40km away
A renovated 17th-century farmhouse in Benouville. Four chic rooms are light and airy with a perfect mix of contemporary and traditional styles. Boasting a fabulous restaurant serving modern French cuisine. Walking distance from Pegasus Bridge, (a pivotal D-day site) and Caen is nearby. See More
Le Clos St Martin, Caen Caen 4 rooms from CA$258Romantic Break - The stylish suites at this newly renovated hotel are ideal for a romantic couples' break, with sink-in beds and chic antiquesLocal exploring - Set close to the D-Day beaches in the picturesque heart of Caen, there is lots to explore local to this hotelFamilies - Family suites are adapted to parents travelling with children, offering extra space and cots for babiesSights nearby - Walk to the beautiful Abbaye-aux-Hommes, an abbey built by William the Conqueror in the 11th century
This elegant hotel is housed within a restored, 16th-century mansion in the centre of Caen. Guestrooms blend contemporary interior design with selected antiques and original heritage details, from exposed beams to wooden floors. A chic bolt-hole, great for local sightseeing. See More
Château Saint Gilles Bayeux (Guéron) 9 rooms from CA$306Hideaway - Nestled outside Bayeux in the sleepy commune of Guéron, this hotel makes a perfect choice for an elegant hideaway holidayCountry Escape - Set in a classic château in Bayeux surrounded by beautiful countryside, book this hotel for a chic rural retreatFamilies - The spacious family suites available and expansive gardens make this ideal for those travelling with childrenSights nearby - Visit the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Bayeux, a wonderful example of Norman architecture commissioned by William the Conqueror
This charming hotel is nestled in a converted 18th-century château close to Bayeux in Normandy. Inside, guestrooms and apartments are bright and contemporary, while tall windows and heritage fireplaces attest to the property's heritage - a chic and comfortable place to rest after local sightseeing. See More