- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
The quintessential Lake Como holiday involves choosing a beautiful lakeside town in which to stay, then jetting about on the lake’s ferries, water taxis, or private boats or private hotel boats, to other towns, where you poke around the main sights, churches, villas, boutiques and of course cafes and restaurants. And there are plenty to choose from. When considering what make the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies, our Gurus have prioritised keeping you comfortable and close to beautiful views of the lake at all times, while also keeping you close to an excellent restaurant, or preferably several.
Some of the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies have their own Michelin starred restaurants, while some just offer exceptionally good examples of the local Italian fare. Expect to see the lake’s indigenous perch to pop up in risottos and pastas in most decent local restaurants, expect traditional Lombard dishes like casseoula - pork and savoy cabbage - and buseca - tripe - and plenty of polenta. You'll also find local wines in both red and white.
The Best Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
Best Traditional Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
- Bellagio’s opulent Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an elegant grande dame, with all the trappings of old fashioned luxury. Think doric columns, beautiful antiques, frescoed ceilings, grand sun terraces, spectacular lake views - of course - and a Michelin starred restaurant. They also have a private boat.
- The supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge with beautifully understated interiors. Plus there are huge sun terraces, peaceful parklands, and an excellent spa. Not to mention the fine dining restaurant, whose menus are overseen by the Modern Italian Cuisine supremo Gualtiero Marchesi.
The Most Romantic Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
- If you're looking for ultimate luxury and relaxation in a truly glorious setting, the Casta Diva Resort and Spa in Lake Como is perfect. Naturally it's five stars, but it also has a wonderful floating swimming pool, and a subterranean spa hewn into the rock of the shoreline. The restaurant comes highly recommended and serves gourmet Italian cuisine with a modern twist. Plus it boasts a gorgeous terrace overlooking the lake for a romantic diner-a-deux!
- The Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio, a truly unbeatable setting. Plus some of the 52 contemporary chic rooms and suites have enormous balconies which hang out over the lake. Their restaurant offers alfresco dining from a delicious Italian menu, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa.
The Best Value Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
- Sightly off the beaten track you'll discover the delights of the Locanda Osteria Marascia. It's in a quiet village just back from the lake and the five rooms offers beautiful rustic chic interiors with oodles of original features. The fantastic cellar restaurant offers authentic Italian cuisine that has been honed over the years - the restaurant has been in the same family for five generations. And rooms start from just €80 per night B&B.
- For romance, great value and an excellent wine list, try the Relais Villa Vittoria in Laglio, a wonderfully romantic hotel right on the edge of the lake. As well as an excellent restaurant, this hotel has 11 charming rooms, wonderful views, and terraces overlooking the lake. Perfect for honeymooners, and rooms start from around £135 per night.
- The Albergo Milano in Varenna is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms, and apartments, with whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a fabulous restaurant with spectacular lake views. And the rooms start from around £110 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como,
- or the best luxury hotels on Lake Como?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Grand Hotel Tremezzo 89 rooms from £253Tremezzo
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands.Views - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountains5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Villa Flori 52 rooms from £153Cernobbio
An unbeatable setting on the water's edge of Lake Como. A beautiful hotel with fabulous facilities. Contemporary chic rooms and suites, some with enormous balconies overhanging the lake. Al fresco dining, delicious Italian cuisine, spa and pool. La Dolce Vita!Romantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!Views - Stunning views over the lake.Romantic BreakLuxury
Albergo Milano 14 rooms from £114Varenna
Charming lakeside hotel. An enchanting setting on Lake Como, various rooms, triples and apartments, with white washed walls and private balconies. Very good restaurant and spectacular views from the terrace. A great choice for families, groups and romantic breaks.Sit-out Terrace - Fabulous restaurant terrace over Lake Como.Views - Great views from hotelFamiliesGroupsRecommended by - Sawdays
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni 95 rooms from £229Bellagio
Opulent largesse and Five Star luxury at this elegant grand hotel. Bedrooms and suites have frescoed ceilings, Doric columns, and antique furniture. Michelin-run restaurant, spa, terraces, spectacular views of the lake, and a private boat to take you onto it. Romantic, pampering, historic.HoneymoonsRomantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Casta Diva Resort & Spa 73 rooms from £388Blevio
A Five Star luxury spa hotel on Lake Como. Sprawling villas house magnificent rooms, a huge spa, and two gourmet restaurants. The floating swimming pool extends into the lake. A great choice for total pampering and relaxation.Spa - Subterranean spa hewn from the lakeside rockFoodiesViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Relais Villa Vittoria 11 rooms from £140Laglio
Utterly romantic hotel on the edge of Lake Como. Spectacular views, delicately sumptuous rooms, excellent restaurant and terraces, and plenty to do on the lake. Honeymooners would be in heaven!Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsWellbeingRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Locanda Osteria Marascia 5 rooms from £70Calolziocorte, Lake Como
Located in a quiet village just a short drive from Lake Como. This traditional hotel has a charming rustic chic feel with exposed beams, stone walls and antiques galore. The fantastic cellar restaurant serves home-made Italian dishes - the host's recipes have been perfected over five generations!Value chic - With doubles from just €80 per night including breakfast, these smart rooms are excellent valueLocal exploring - Great location for exploring the Italian LakesGreat walks - Parco Regionale di Montevecchia e della Valle del Curone. There are good routes for all abilitiesSights nearby - Spend a day in Milan