The 12 Best Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
The quintessential Lake Como holiday involves choosing a beautiful lakeside town in which to stay, then jetting about on the lake’s ferries, water taxis or private boats to other towns where you poke around the sights, churches, villas, boutiques and of course cafes and restaurants. Food is always at the forefront of any Italian getaway which is why our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies. Some of our options have Michelin starred restaurants while others offer exceptionally good examples of the local Italian fare. Whether you are planning a luxury getaway or something a little more low key — there is something for everyone here. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next trip?
For Michelin Starred Dining
- Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an opulent and historic villa set in a prime Bellagio location. Interiors are grand, the facilities are superb (tennis courts, two swimming pools, spa...) and the Mistral Restaurant, where they serve gourmet Mediterranean cuisine, boasts a michelin star.
For a traditional hotel
- The supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo is set right on the water’s edge with beautifully understated interiors. Expect huge sun terraces, peaceful parklands, and an excellent spa. Not to mention the fine dining restaurant, whose menus are overseen by the Modern Italian Cuisine supremo Gualtiero Marchesi.
- Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio, a truly unbeatable setting. Romantic, contemporary-chic rooms and suites have enormous balconies which hang out over the lake. Their restaurant offers alfresco dining from a delicious Italian menu, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa.
- For romance and an excellent wine list, try the Relais Villa Vittoria in Laglio — a wonderfully romantic hotel right on the edge of the lake. As well as an excellent restaurant, this hotel has 11 charming rooms, wonderful views, and terraces overlooking the lake. Perfect for honeymooners.
For sheer luxury
- Il Sereno, in Torno on the banks of Lake Como, offers luxurious designer suites with breathtaking lake views. A fabulous terrace offers incredible views while guests can enjoy exquisite modern Italian cuisine at the restaurant.
- Cernobbio's Villa d'Este is supremely luxurious and romantic, and gloriously un-modern, although it does have every modern amenity you could wish for. The bedrooms, suites and villas have oil paintings, high ceilings, enormous balconies, and lake views. There's a spa, an exceptional restaurant, a pool, a golf course, and a private boat to take onto the lake. You'll want for nothing here.
- The Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como will tick all the boxes for anyone wanting a top notch luxury stay. You can expect rooms oozing understated elegance, stunning lake side location, an extensive spa inspired by the crystal clear lake waters and L'Aria Restaurant offering refined Italian cuisine with a Japanese twist.
- Tenuta de L'Annunziata is a wellness retreat with an expansive spa area. Boasting an excellent gourmet restaurant which uses produce from the property itself. Interiors are simple, luxurious and chic. The perfect destination to come to indulge and unwind.
For a boutique stay
- Vista Palazzo is a luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture and elegant wooden floors. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant serving creative Italian cuisine, this is a luxurious base.
For a design hotel
- Filario Hotel is a stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and a private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones and modern amenities. Authentic Italian cuisine is served either in the restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lake. A chic choice.
For great value
- Sightly off the beaten track you'll discover the delights of the Locanda Osteria Marascia. It's in a quiet village just back from the lake and the five rooms offer beautiful rustic chic interiors with oodles of original features. The fantastic cellar restaurant offers authentic Italian cuisine that has been honed over the years — the restaurant has been in the same family for five generations. And rooms start at very affordable rates.
- Albergo Milano in Varenna is a charming hotel in an enchanting lakeside setting. There are a collection of 14 rooms and apartments with whitewashed walls and private balconies. There’s also a fabulous restaurant with spectacular lake views. And the rooms start from around €130 per night.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como.
- Refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como or the best luxury hotels on Lake Como.
- Search by location and look at our options for the best places to stay in Como, the best places to stay in Varenna or the best places to stay in Bellagio.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni Bellagio (CO) 95 rooms from £536Foodies - There are two restaurants (both good), the best of which is Michelin-starred and serves sophisticated Italian molecular cuisineFamilies - Families are welcome here and there are plenty of great facilities onsite including the superb indoor pool with slidesGrand Hotel - Grand interiors include marble columns and staircases, antique Persian rugs, trompe l'oeil, and Murano chandeliersHistoric - A Neo-classical building originally built as a luxurious holiday villa for an aristocratic Milanese family in 1852
An opulent and historic villa set in a prime location in Bellagio on the shores of Lake Como. Grand interiors boast antiques, Persian rugs, Murano chandeliers and frescoed ceilings. With a Michelin starred restaurant, two pools, a tennis court, and a spa — you'll wish for nothing here. See More
Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzo 89 rooms from £521Spa breaks - T-spa specialises in anti-stress and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed with ESPAOutstanding location - Set right on Lake Como and commanding spectacular views, this property is hard to beatFoodies - Dine in the superb La Terrazza which serves traditional gourmet Italian fareViews - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountainsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands. See More
Villa Flori Cernobbio 53 rooms from £188Cycling - Bike storage is provided and guests can either take an easy amble around the lake or head into the mountainsElegant - Beautifully mixing original stuccoes, floral frescoes and wooden floors alongside chic contemporary touchesFoodies - Ristorante Raimondi offers excellent Italian al fresco diningRomantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!
Albergo Milano Varenna 14 rooms from £130Charming - Pick this property for a tradional stay, the oldest part of the building dates back to the 17th centuryFamilies - With 3 apartments sleeping up to 5 people, this is a great choice for families or small groupsOwner managed - The friendly owners, Bettina and Egidio, often greet their guests personallyLakeside - Take the short stroll down to the lake and go for a swimRecommended by - Sawdays
Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como Blevio 73 rooms from £607Elegant - A grand 19th century villa decorated with that signiture Asian style of the Mandarin Oriental groupFamilies - Interconnecting rooms make this a great choice for those travelling with childrenTotal relaxation - With a glorious spa and quiet location this is a place to come and truly unwindHotel boats for hire - Take a cruise across the lake on one of the property's boatsRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Villa d'Este Cernobbio 152 rooms from £599Garden - Set amid 25 acres of park including manicured gardens which feature magnificent fountains, grand terraces, and trimmed topiaryFoodies - The restaurant is a smart affair (there's a dress code). It served impeccible Italian fine-diningActive Holiday - There's plenty to keep everyone busy here from trekking to SUP or tennisElegant - Complete with glittering chandeliers and traditional art worksRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Il Sereno Torno 30 rooms from £651Honeymoons - This slice of paradise is the ideal spot for that extra special honeymoon. A pampering hotel in an unforgettable location.Romantic Break - Stunning accommodation, beautiful views and exquisite cuisine make Il Sereno a great destination for a romantic breakFoodies - Michelin star chef Andrea Berton is in charge of Il Sereno's menu- guaranteed to please!Great walks - Head along the banks of the lakes or if you're feeling more adventurous then tackle the many mountain hikes all around the areaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Situated in Torno on the banks of Lake Como, Il Sereno offers luxurious designer suites boasting breathtaking views. Sit out on the terrace enjoying exquisite modern Italian cuisine from the restaurant! Head off on a boat tour and explore the area. An enchanting and romantic spot. See More
Relais Villa Vittoria Laglio 11 rooms from £182Weddings - Receptions and intimate marriages are regularly held here and can cater for up to 68 seated guestsTotal relaxation - Spend days lounging in the infinity pool overlooking the lake and mountains or unwind in the spaLocal exploring - Just a short paddle from the village of LaglioViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Locanda Osteria Marascia Calolziocorte (Lake Como) 5 rooms from £74Value chic - With doubles from just €80 per night including breakfast, these smart rooms are excellent valueLocal exploring - Great location for exploring the Italian LakesGreat walks - Parco Regionale di Montevecchia e della Valle del Curone. There are good routes for all abilitiesSights nearby - Spend a day in Milan
Located in a quiet village just a short drive from Lake Como. This traditional hotel has a charming rustic chic feel with exposed beams, stone walls and antiques galore. The fantastic cellar restaurant serves home-made Italian dishes - the host's recipes have been perfected over five generations! See More
Tenuta De L'Annunziata Lake Como 21 rooms from £130Spa breaks - The extensive spa is worthy of a visit alone; relax in the Turkish bath before booking in for a treatmentFoodies - Sample exceptional Italian fine dining created using produce from the farmSights nearby - Make a trip to the quaint town of Cernobbio, located on the shores of Lake Como, yet not as touristy as towns on the other sideGreat walks - Take the Bioenergetic self-guided woods walk through the property's estate
Filario Hotel Lezzeno 13 rooms from £278Total relaxation - With its private beach, infinity pool with a view, delicious Italian food and super stylish rooms, there's no need to move!Foodies - Authentic Italian cuisine served either in the stylish restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lakeSelf catering to rent - The property features a range of one to three bedroom properties - ideal for families or small groupsLakeside - Lake Como - with private beach area
A super stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones with modern amenities and large showers. Restaurant with terrace overlooking the lake serves trad Italian fare. A chic spot in an excellent lakeside location. See More
Vista Palazzo Como 18 rooms from £811Local exploring - Well positioned in Piazza Cavour which is located right on Lake Como's waterfront and a short stroll from the historic centreBoutique - An intimate stay with bespoke furniture, limited rooms, and personalised serviceSailing - The hotel organises private boat tours of the lake in stylish mahogany Riva boatsRestaurant - Creative Italian dishes are served in the intimate fourth floor restaurantRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture, elegant wooden floors, and velvet armchairs. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant, this is a luxurious base. See More