Search the best hotels in Tremezzo
Beautiful, colourful, verdant Tremezzo has long appealed to travellers: it’s been praised since medieval times as being a place of eternal spring. Bright with the colours of azaleas, camellias and rhododendrons. The best places to stay in Tremezzo have bountiful gardens and spectacular views onto Lake Como.
The most memorable of all Tremezzo’s villas is the Villa Carlotta. Right on the water, this 17th Century villa has beautiful botanical gardens and spectacular interiors worthy of the Prussian princess they first belonged to.
What not to miss:
- Walk on the lakeside of Tremezzina and enjoy a view of Bellagio.
- Take a taxi boat across the lake and admire the picture perfect landscape.
- Hike along the Greenway del Lago, a pleasant 10 km walk which starts from Colonno and gets to Cadenabbia.
- Wander through the pretty streets of the town and stop in quaint cafes along the way.
Most of the best places to stay in Tremezzo have lake views of some kind or another. The Grand Hotel Tremezzo, which is right beside the lake, also has a pool which floats upon it, so it’s hard to beat that kind of a view.
The supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge, and five stars worth of beautifully understated interiors plus generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa and parklands surrounding the hotel. Plus, one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to Milan airports, either Bergamo airport, Linate or Malpensa. Frequent trains run from Milan to Como from where it is under an hours drive to Tremezzo.
- Best time to visit - Spring (April to June) and autumn (September to October) are ideal times to visit the Italian Lakes with comfortable temperatures and fewer crowds.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Tremezzo,
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como.
- Search our Guru’s list of the best hotels with a view on Lake Como.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Tremezzo
Best Hotels in Tremezzo
Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzo 89 rooms from £521Spa breaks - T-spa specialises in anti-stress and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed with ESPAOutstanding location - Set right on Lake Como and commanding spectacular views, this property is hard to beatFoodies - Dine in the superb La Terrazza which serves traditional gourmet Italian fareViews - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountainsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands. See More