Search the best hotels in Tremezzo
Since the Medieval period Tremezzo has been praised for being a ‘place of eternal spring’, its azaleas, camellias and rhododendrons spreading the colours of warmer weather a long way in both directions. Our Gurus have been strict in this town, requiring the best places to stay in Tremezzo to take full advantage of the location and the views. So despite there being a decent range of accommodation choices here, from small traditional hotels to new hotels; from converted villas to B&Bs; and benefitting from positions along the lakeside to the hillside, our Gurus currently have only one pick in Tremezzo.
Our Gurus recommend Tremezzo for visitors wanting to explore Lake Como by ferry because it’s only a few minutes stroll from Cadenabbia, which is connected to Bellagio and Varenna by ferry routes. Tremezzo is also close to the San Benedetto abbey in Ossuccio, and the Isla Comacina, if you’re looking for sights to see. It also has its own charming little beach too.
Tremezzo benefits from being just across the water from Bellagio, and their beauties complement each other. Tremezzo’s best known villa, the 17th century Villa Carlotta, hasn’t made it on to the list of the best places to stay in Tremezzo because it’s now a sort of museum, with spectacular botanical gardens, and interiors worthy of the Prussian princesses they first belonged to. It is certainly worth visiting, though, with gardens you can lose yourself in for at least a day, especially in azalea and rhododendron season.
The Best Places to Stay in Tremezzo
For a Special Occasion
- The Grand Hotel Tremezzo, in Tremezzo, has one of the best views on the whole of Lake Como; across the water from here you can see Bellagio in the foreground, and Varenna is behind and to the left. If you turn around you’ll be pretty impressed too, for the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is pretty grand: tall and ornate, with rows of Juliet balconies and great walls of windows marking out the restaurants and bars. All in it has 89 rooms and suites, decorated with five-stars worth of luxury that runs to beautiful parquet flooring, brightly coloured walls and a chic mix of contemporary and Baroque furniture. There are generously proportioned sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa, lush gardens, and a pool that floats on the lake.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Tremezzo has a few local international airports: Milan’s Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airport are about an hour away by road, or two hours-isa by public transport. One route includes the ferry from Como, which is certainly a wonderful way to arrive on Lake Como. Brescia-Montichiari and Verona-Villafranca are both about two hours drive, or four hours on the train via Milan.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Como - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Lake Como has a milder climate than its surrounds, its great body of water helps regulate the temperature, and allows for sub-tropical plants like grapevines and olive trees to grow throughout the year. In winter is does get chilly, and in summer it can be humid, but broadly speaking it has some of the best weather conditions in Europe. April through to October are the busiest months for visitors, warm and sunny, perfect for a lake break, and coinciding with travel to Europe generally. The water of the lake even heats up during summer, and can get to 20°C come July! So if you are visiting at this time it’s worth booking as much as you can in advance.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como?
- Or you might consider including other local towns in your search? maybe the pretty towns of Cernobbio or Laglio to the east along the shoreline? or even beautiful Bellagio, which is just across the water?
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Como? the best luxury hotels on Lake Como? the best hotels for families on Lake Como? or the best value hotels on Lake Como?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Tremezzo
Best Hotels in Tremezzo
Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzo 89 rooms from £521Spa breaks - T-spa specialises in anti-stress and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed with ESPAOutstanding location - Set right on Lake Como and commanding spectacular views, this property is hard to beatFoodies - Dine in the superb La Terrazza which serves traditional gourmet Italian fareViews - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountainsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands. See More