Search the best hotels in Cernobbio
Graceful Cernobbio with its pristine views of Lake Como is now probably best known for George Clooney. He has a villa in Laglio, which is just 10kms up the road and apparently he loves to come down to the water’s edge cafes at Cernobbio. This is where those lakeside scenes from Oceans 12 were shot. It used to be quite separate from the lake capital, Como, but it’s slowly being caught in the tendrils of Como’s residential suburbs which makes it quite convenient for visitors. The best places to stay in Cernobbio are the beautiful villas which line the waterfront - the ones with the balconies hanging right out over the lake.
What not to miss:
- Take a hike along the 100km stretch of "Via dei monti lariani" and enjoy the panoramic views.
- Visit the nineteenth century Villa d'Este and admire its glorious gardens.
- Villa Erba is an interesting sixteenth century women's monastery.
- Sit in one of the waterfront cafes and idle away lazy hours over a cocktail.
Several of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Cernobbio offer this luxury, as well as numerous others. It’s that kind of a town.
The Best Places to Stay in Cernobbio
The Best Places to Stay in Cernobbio for Lake Views
- If you want to be right on Lake Como, try the Villa d'Este, one of the more traditional five star hotels, the kind with grand state rooms, chandeliers, heavy fabrics, private balconies and private boats.
- Like the Villa d’Este, Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio. As well as the unbeatable setting, the Villa Flori has 52 contemporary chic rooms and suites, some with enormous balconies which hang out over the lake. The restaurant offers alfresco dining from an Italian menu, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Cernobbio
- Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant adults only bolthole, with stunning views from a hillside location. Accommodation is chic and modern and there's a lovely pool for relaxing after a day exploring the area. With only four rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break!
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Milan Malpensa or Milan Linate both situated around an hour's drive from Cernobbio.
- Best time to visit - Spring (April to June) and autumn (September to October) are ideal times to visit the Italian Lakes with comfortable temperatures and fewer crowds.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure which is the Best Place to Stay in Cernobbio for you?
Best Hotels in Cernobbio
Casa Santo Stefano Cernobbio 4 rooms from £133Views - Stunning views over Lake ComoSights nearby - The small town of CernobbioGreat walks - Parco Spina Verde di ComoRestrictions on children - Adults only property
Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant, adults only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have balconies with lake views. Unwind by the pool after a day exploring the surrounding area, and help yourself to the honesty bar! See More
Villa Flori Cernobbio 53 rooms from £188Romantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!Views - Stunning views over the lake.Romantic BreakLuxury
Villa d'Este Cernobbio 152 rooms from £512Views - Stunning views over Lake ComoLuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet