7 of the Best Guesthouses and B&Bs in the Canary Islands
The Canary Islands are not all high-rise hotels and neon-lit beach resorts - fun though these types of holidays may be. It is possible to find places to stay that offer authentic Canarian character whether in the architecture, furnishings and food or in the warmth of the welcome. Often these are family-run affairs, sometimes on a working farm or vineyard, sometimes in a traditional village house. Usually they offer a peaceful retreat; certainly they offer an individual style and charm. And almost always they offer great value for money. We have selected 7 of the best guesthouses and B&Bs in the Canary Islands for you to choose from. If you've already decided which island to visit, click on the link to see the full selection of guesthouses and B&Bs in that location.
7 of the Best Guesthouses and B&Bs in the Canary Islands
The Best Guesthouses and B&Bs on Lanzarote
- Casa de Hilario is a chic guesthouse just outside Yaiza village. It has seven gorgeous bedrooms and terraces with views over the entire island. For dinner you can get to the village's restaurants in a couple of minutes.
- Offering excellent value, Finca Marisa is a cheerful and traditional B&B in Tinajo village. There’s a communal kitchen plus stunning views from the terrace.
Tenerife's Best Guesthouses and B&Bs
- Tucked away on the island’s north coast - far from the tourist-packed south - Hotel Emblematico Casa Casilda has just five minimalist rooms of white walls, big windows, and wooden floors with careful splashes of colour. There are elegant guest rooms for relaxing plus lush gardens.
The Best Guesthouses and B&Bs on Gran Canaria
- Close to the beach in Las Palmas, Guesthouse Katanka offers great-value yet elegant rooms in a light, chic style. There’s a terrace plus bicycles to hire to explore the beaches and countryside before returning to this wonderfully calm retreat.
Fuerteventura's Best Guesthouses and B&Bs
- Far away from the seaside resorts, Mahoh is a traditional Canarian guesthouse with exposed-stone walls and tiled floors; simple and charming, and great value.
The Best Guesthouses & B&Bs on La Gomera
- Perched on a hillside overlooking the Hermigua Valley, Hotel Rural Ibo Alfaro is as peaceful as it sounds, with traditionally furnished rooms - some with exposed-stone walls - and epic views.
- Also overlooking the Hermigua Valley, Casa Los Herrera is a family-run guesthouse with charming traditionally furnished rooms and a small pool.
If you haven't spotted your idea of the perfect place to stay on the Canary Islands on our Guru's list of 7 of the best guesthouses and B&Bs in the Canary Islands you could:
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Canary Islands?
- Or refine your search by island and consider only the best places to stay on Gran Canaria? or the best places to stay on Tenerife? or the best places to stay on Lanzarote?
- Or you could refine your search by the kind of hotel you fancy and check out our Guru's recommendations for the 10 of the Best Beach hotels in the Canary Islands? or for 13 of the Best Rural Hotels on the Canary Islands? or 16 of the Best Hotels on the Canary Islands for Families?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
7 Great Guesthouses and B&Bs in the Canary Islands
Finca Marisa Tinajo, Lanzarote 5 rooms from £43Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the Campesino Monument.Traditional
Cheerful, traditional B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The traditional rooms are spacious and comfortable and from the communal terrace there are great mountain views. Take a day trip to Timanfaya National Park or hire a bicycle and go to La Santa. An excellent low budget option. See More
Casa de Hilario Yaiza, Lanzarote 9 rooms from £117Local exploring - Owner José is an indespensible local guide, whether you're into exploring secluded beaches, deep sea fishing or mountain biking.Value chic - This place is a steal- with charming rooms, chic interiors, phenomanal breakfast and Jose's personal touch.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Beautifully restored 18th-century cottage just outside Yaiza Village, boasting ocean and mountain views. Contemporary interiors with rustic touches, large bright bedrooms and hand painted decoration. A perfect base for exploring the Island, with owner José as your always helpful guide. See More
Hotel Emblematico Casa Casilda Tenerife 5 rooms from £86Hideaway - Tucked away in Tacoronte, on the less touristy North coast of Tenerife, with simple and chic rooms overlooking lush gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site San Cristóbal De La Laguna Old Town.Great walks - Wander the lush gardens or take a stroll into the lovely countryside.
A delightful hotel away from the resort-dominated south of the island. The rooms are refreshingly stripped back with simple furnishings and tasteful modern art. Go horse riding or chance your arm at windsurfing. Both tranquil and cost-effective, it's ideal for a relaxing holiday. See More
Guesthouse Katanka Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 6 rooms from £52Value chic - A great value option for exploring Las Palmas de Gran Canaria in style, with chic suites, excellent breakfast and low costs!Local markets - Browse through the nearby mercado central and pick up a few things to bring home with you!Great walks - There are loads of lovely walks running through the Parque Romano.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A delightful guesthouse just a short stroll from the beach in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The simple elegant rooms are appointed with tasteful furniture and mood lighting - a word of warning, not all are ensuite. Perfect launchpad for exploring the city and surrounding coastline. A great value spot. See More
Mahoh Villaverde, Fuerteventura 9 rooms from £68Country Escape - Tucked away in the countryside, away from all the mega seaside resorts, with stunning views of the mountainsFull of character - With exposed stone walls and plenty of antiquesGreat walks - This rugged landscape offers great walking, especially in the nearby Malpais de la ArenaSights nearby - Visit the charming fishing town of El Cotillo, six miles from the hotel
Mahoh is a traditional 19th century Canarian house, awash with heritage and charm. The rooms are dominated by great antique beds and are given added character from their exposed stone walls. Sample typical Canarian food at the hotel's restaurant. A delighful, low-cost option. See More
Hotel Rural Ibo Alfaro Hermigua, La Gomera 17 rooms from £65Country Escape - This rural retreat offers startling views from rooms and terraces, and there is plenty of gorgeous countryside to be explored.Sights nearby - Wander through the historic village of Hermigua and be sure to visit the remarkable "Santo Domingo" church.Great walks - Discover the picturesque surrounding valley on long rambling walks.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A traditional property commanding epic views of the Hermigua valley. Each of the 17 individually styled rooms has its own charm; think quaint prints, antique furniture and original features. The perfect spot to start out on a days hiking. Ideal for those in search of complete tranquility. See More
Casa los Herrera Hermigua, La Gomera 8 rooms from £69Country Escape - The hotel sits opposite the church square in the centre of Hermigua, a small rural town along a picturesque ravine.Great walks - Make the most of the stunning walking trails in Parque Nacional de Garajonay.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditional
A charming family run guesthouse in rural La Gomera. The rooms are individually appointed with bespoke antique furnishings and have a distinctly rustic feel. Start the day well with a delicious breakfast before exploring the beautiful valleys and coasts of the island. An excellent low-cost option. See More