Search the best hotels in Cernobbio
Graceful Cernobbio with its pristine views of Lake Como is now probably best known for George Clooney. He has a villa in Laglio, which is just 10kms up the road and apparently he loves to come down to the water’s edge cafes at Cernobbio. This is where those lakeside scenes from Oceans 12 were shot. It used to be quite separate from the lake capital, Como, but it’s slowly being caught in the tendrils of Como’s residential suburbs which makes it quite convenient for visitors. The best places to stay in Cernobbio are the beautiful villas which line the waterfront - the ones with the balconies hanging right out over the lake.
What not to miss:
- Take a hike along the 100km stretch of "Via dei monti lariani" and enjoy the panoramic views.
- Visit the nineteenth century Villa d'Este and admire its glorious gardens.
- Villa Erba is an interesting sixteenth century women's monastery.
- Sit in one of the waterfront cafes and idle away lazy hours over a cocktail.
Several of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Cernobbio offer this luxury, as well as numerous others. It’s that kind of a town.
The Best Places to Stay in Cernobbio
The Best Places to Stay in Cernobbio for Lake Views
- If you want to be right on Lake Como, try the Villa d'Este, one of the more traditional five star hotels, the kind with grand state rooms, chandeliers, heavy fabrics, private balconies and private boats.
- Like the Villa d’Este, Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio. As well as the unbeatable setting, the Villa Flori has 52 contemporary chic rooms and suites, some with enormous balconies which hang out over the lake. The restaurant offers alfresco dining from an Italian menu, plus there’s a lovely pool and spa.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Cernobbio
- Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant adults only bolthole, with stunning views from a hillside location. Accommodation is chic and modern and there's a lovely pool for relaxing after a day exploring the area. With only four rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break!
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Milan Malpensa or Milan Linate both situated around an hour's drive from Cernobbio.
- Best time to visit - Spring (April to June) and autumn (September to October) are ideal times to visit the Italian Lakes with comfortable temperatures and fewer crowds.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure which is the Best Place to Stay in Cernobbio for you?
Best Hotels in Cernobbio
Casa Santo Stefano Cernobbio 4 rooms from €153Romantic Break - Just four smart rooms with their own sitting areas and some with a terrace, this is a perfect spot for a romantic hideawayHideaway - The property has a hands-off approach to service making this feel like you are in your own homeCountry Escape - Find chic Scandinavian interiors in this pretty rural spot tucked away above CernobbioViews - Stunning views over Lake Como
Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant, adults only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have balconies with lake views. Unwind by the pool after a day exploring the surrounding area, and help yourself to the honesty bar! See More
Villa Flori Cernobbio 53 rooms from €217Cycling - Bike storage is provided and guests can either take an easy amble around the lake or head into the mountainsElegant - Beautifully mixing original stuccoes, floral frescoes and wooden floors alongside chic contemporary touchesFoodies - Ristorante Raimondi offers excellent Italian al fresco diningRomantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!
Villa d'Este Cernobbio 152 rooms from €590Garden - Set amid 25 acres of park including manicured gardens which feature magnificent fountains, grand terraces, and trimmed topiaryFoodies - The restaurant is a smart affair (there's a dress code). It served impeccible Italian fine-diningActive Holiday - There's plenty to keep everyone busy here from trekking to SUP or tennisElegant - Complete with glittering chandeliers and traditional art worksRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet