Search the best hotels in Tenerife
Around ten million people visit Tenerife's reliably sunshine-drenched shores each year. While this island was once dominated by beach-perfect package holiday resorts, visitors are now beginning to take an interest in the dramatic volcanic landscape of the interior. Tenerife is large enough, and popular enough, to warrant two airports, Los Rodeos in the north and Reina Sofia in the south and there's a very large range of accommodation available. So finding the best places to stay in Tenerife really comes down to your own taste and budget. There's everything on offer from cheap apartments to five star luxury resorts.
Where to stay - which area?
- If you want to join in with the package holidaymaker crowds then the best places to stay on Tenerife are the south-western resort towns of Los Cristianos, Playa de las Americas and Costa Adeje.
- Within this category, Los Cristianos is best for families, and folks who're not interested in the bar and club nightlife. It's also has excellent access for people who're less able.
- Playa de las Americas has done up its image in recent years, Costa Adeje is where the four and five star resorts can be found.
- If you're here for the beaches and you want to avoid the crowds, some of the best places are El Medáno, on the south-east coast, and Los Gigantes on the western coast. El Medáno has the best natural beaches and is perfectly angled to catch the trade winds. So perfect for surfers, windsurfers and kite surfers. It's a beautiful spot with two of Tenerife's largest beaches - split in the middle by a volcanic cone. Unfortunately for wind junkies the new developments built to accommodate all the wind-generated visitors have also served to decrease the wind's power somewhat, but this is still a fabulous spot - and now especially good for beginners. Los Gigantes is a much quieter spot at the bottom of giant cliffs (hence the name).
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the island's capital and the place to stay if you're looking for art galleries, interesting little museums, grand plazas, botanical gardens, excellent local restaurants and shopping opportunities.
- Puerto de la Cruz is ideal for families. It's still a resort town, but being in the north it's much more green and lush.
All our Tenerife collections:
- Best beach hotels on Tenerife
- Best family hotels on Tenerife
- Best luxury hotels on Tenerife
- Best rural hotels on Tenerife
- Best guesthouses and B&Bs on Tenerife
- Best hotels on Tenerife for a walking holiday
What not to Miss
- There is a reason Tenerife's main holiday resorts are on the island's south coast - this is where the beaches are at their most white-sandy-beautiful.
- Pay a visit to Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the island's capital. Many people just travel through, but wish they had more time as there's a lot to do here. In addition to cultural activities Santa Cruz also has a few nice beaches. Though not as perfect as those to the island's south.
- Also check out Puerto de la Cruz. There's a large zoo (good for a family day out), lovely botanical gardens, a fascinating old port with some interesting shops and a working fishing port which feeds the local restaurants. There are a lot more Spanish restaurants here and less of the 'egg and chips' of the south coast.
- Try to make time to visit the island's dramatic volcanic heart, El Teide. You can climb it, but you need special permission, or visit the top via cable car. The view is spectacular.
- The Parque Rural de Anaga is also an exotic landscape worth exploring for yourself.
With so much on offer Tenerife is very popular, and deservedly so. To be sure of a room in one of the best places to stay in Tenerife do plan ahead and book early. Some of the best spots are snapped up very quickly.
Best places to stay in Tenerife
For a beach holiday
- Hotel Botanico is a five star spa hotel situated in Puerto de la Cruz. It offers great sea views and is a stone's throw from the city's Botanical Gardens.
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf is perfect for families and golf lovers. There's masses of activities on offer from kayaking and boating on its own lake to yoga, tennis and much more. Golf is on a choice of two world class courses next door.
- The sprawling Villa Cortes in Playa de las Américas has all you could want for a luxury beach holiday with six restaurants, four bars, a spa, private cabanas, richly furnished rooms and a vast pool with waterfalls.
- In a quiet setting on the Costa Adeje, Royal Gardens Villas & Spa offers hideaway-luxury, with romantic villas decorated in Balinese style and with private pools. An excellent restaurant and spa too.
- Jardines des Nivaria also boasts a superb location in Costa Adeje. It offers smart accommodation, stunning pool, spoiling spa and wide choice of restaurants and bars.
Off the beaten track
- Parador de las Canadas del Teide is the only hotel on the island actually situated within a nature reserve. As well as pure mountain air it offers charming rooms, a good restaurant, gym & pool.
- The Hacienda del Conde is located off the beaten track on the western end of Tenerife's North Coast. It boasts luxurious accommodation, choice of restaurants, two swimming pools, extensive spa and a superb Seve Ballesteros designed golf course!
- The Hotel Emblematico San Marcos oozes period charm. Located in a quiet town not far from Garachico it's an excellent base for exploring this wilder part of the island.
- Tucked away on the island’s north coast - far from the tourist-packed south - Hotel Emblematico Casa Casilda has just five minimalist rooms of white walls, big windows, and wooden floors with careful splashes of colour. There are elegant guest rooms for relaxing plus lush gardens and prices start from just €89 including breakfast.
For boutique chic
- La Quinta Roja is a stunning manor house which has been converted in fine style. Rooms boast exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Plus it's located in the centre of old Garachico.
- Hotel San Roque is an 18th century palace turned boutique bolthole also in Garachico.
- With a private beach, lush tropical gardens, Disney-style architecture, plus a choice of rooms, suites and individual villas, Bahia del Duque is a real fantasy getaway. Every whim can be met - and children will love the games room and water sports.
- The contemporary-style Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf has balconied rooms, many with sea-views, a choice of pools and plenty of child-friendly activities.
- Roca Nivaria is ideal for families with good accommodation, kids' club, mini golf, playground, table tennis and much more. There are three restaurants and a bar, plus you're just two minutes walk from the beach.
- The relaxed La Casona del Patio, is a restored 17th-century manor house near Masca in the rural north-west and close to the Teno Mountains. It has rustic rooms, plenty of space for energetic kids and a special children’s menu in the seafood restaurant.
- Hotel el Patio is another good rural pick, close to Garachico. Again a restored period property with traditional accommodation (superior rooms sleep up to four) - think tiled floors, antique furnishings and exposed beams, plus lovely gardens with pool and tennis court. It's excellent value too with doubles from just €91 per night including breakfast.
- For a romantic getaway that won't break the bank, book the adults only La Bodega. This charming group of four self catering cottages is set in the pretty village of San Miguel, which is a good location for both access to the beach and inland.
- Close to the beach but surrounded by banana plantations, the adults only Hotel Rural el Navio has simple but charming rooms - some with balconies or terraces - and a pool.
- With its infinity pool, beachfront position and butler service, you will want for very little at the adults-only Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora. Rooms are chic and stylish in white-on-white, some with private pools.
- The adults-only Hacienda del Conde is tucked away near the sea and under mountains and well away from touristy Tenerife. Rooms are smartly contemporary, there’s a choice of pools and restaurants, as well as a spa.
- In a perfect location in the mountains near Teide National Park, the rooms - most with balconies - at Hotel Villalba enjoy stunning views. Rooms are unpretentious, plus there’s an indoor pool.
- Parador de las Canadas del Teide is the only hotel located within the national park. It boasts jaw-dropping views, traditionally elegant rooms and an excellent restaurant.
- Tumbling down a coastal cliff, well away from the crowds, the Ritz Carlton Abama is a sprawling, Moorish-styled resort-hotel with a choice of ten restaurants (one with a Michelin star), contemporary rooms, championship golf course, spa and gym and a private beach.
- Tucked away on Tenerife’s lesser-visited north coast Jardin de la Paz is a great luxury retreat for those wanting independence, offering both apartments or self-catering villas. Cool and stylish with private terraces and a choice of pools.
- In Puerto de la Cruz, the luxury Hotel Botanico has contemporary-classic rooms, including penthouse suites and private hot-tubs, indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, choice of four restaurants, and a lovely garden.
- Hotel el Patio is a stunning old manor house turned hotel that is situated close to the beach and is surrounded by nature reserves. It's great value with doubles starting from as little as €95 per night including breakfast.
- Hotel Alhambra is situated in the centre of La Orotava and boasts large rooms with balconies and wonderful views. Doubles start from just €90 per night B&B.
- Hotel Rural Victoria offers simple yet elegant rooms, a traditional restaurant and easy access to the beach.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
Tenerife is large enough, and popular enough, to warrant two airports, Tenerife North, formerly Los Rodeos, in the north and Tenerife South, formerly Reina Sofia, in the south. The budget airlines tend to use Tenerife South, but there are excellent connections from the UK and other European destinations into both airports.
If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Tenerife and you want to really see the island - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Sunny and warm for almost 365 days of each year, Tenerife’s subtropical climate is one of the reasons it’s such a popular year round destination. You can still swim in the ocean during December and January and there’s blue skies and mild weather. Because of this Tenerife’s busiest season is between November and March. Summer is the other peak time, with many beach holidaymakers arriving.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Tenerife
La Bodega 4 rooms from $97San Miguel, Tenerife
Charming collection of four self catering cottages in the pretty town of San Miguel. Interiors are elegant and cottages are very well equipped. Communal garden with saltwater pool, barbecue area and terraces for sun bathing or dining. A quiet getaway with easy access to all Tenerife's best bits.Exclusive offer - Free wifi and free parkingLocal exploring - La Bodega is ideally located for exploring both beaches and inland Tenerife.Great walks - There is superb walkling and hiking for all abillities in the Teide National park and the hills around San MiguelFishing - April to September are good months for deep sea fishingSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated saltwater pool which is open year round
Hotel Emblematico San Agustin 8 rooms from $82Tenerife
A charming small hotel set in the heart of the historic old town of Icod de los Vinos. Housing just eight traditionally dressed rooms, the best of which face around the central courtyard. An authentic base to explore the island from.Local exploring - Ideally positioned to explore the town on foot.Sights nearby - Visit the 16th century Church of San Marcos and admire the carvings and relics.Great walks - Take long walks in the picturesque surrounding countryside.Full of character
Hotel Rural Victoria 14 rooms from $89La Orotava, Tenerife
A delightful 16th century manor house close to the beach. Simple elegant rooms off a charming balustraded courtyard and a traditional restaurant. Excellent value great for a beach holiday, and family friendly.Value chicLocal markets - Traditional fiestas of Corpus, with their carpets of flowers, the Baile de Magos and the romería of San Isidro.Great walks - Fantastic walking and hiking countrySights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hotel Emblematico San Marco 6 rooms from $91Icod, Tenerife
A characterful 18th century hotel, worlds away from your usual Tenerife soulless resort. The rooms are furnished with bespoke interiors, antique beds and tasteful artwork. The piano room and delightful restaurant exude an undeniable sense of old world glamour. A place of heritage and history.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring Icod de los Vinos and the surrounding coastline from a hotel steeped in Canarian history.Local markets - Explore the local market of Icod de los Vino and pick up some regional treats to bring home.Great walks - Go walking in Teide National Park, home to Spain's highest mountain.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the picturesque seaside village of Garachico.
Laguna Nivaria 79 rooms from $9438201 San Cristobal de La Laguna, Tenerife
Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of La Laguna's old town, this 16th century mansion will be of great interest to anyone who likes a bit of history. Traditional, smart rooms and suites, good spa facility, and organic local cuisine. A good choice for those looking for a bit more than a beach!Private Hot Tub - The Nivaria suite comes with its own private hot tubSpa - The hotel has great health & fitness facilitiesSights nearby - Located in La Laguna old town
Hotel el Patio 26 rooms from $109Garachico, Tenerife
A sedate manor house set with lush grounds, close to the beach, and surrounded by nature reserves. Traditional elegant bedrooms have pastel painted walls and attractive furnishings. Swimming pool, terraces and gardens. A family spot at a great price.Value chicSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.TraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
La Casona del Patio 20 rooms from $112Santiago del Teide, Tenerife
A quaint and easy-going hotel, set in a restored 17th century manor house. The comfortable rooms boast a lovely blend of wooden vaulted ceilings, stone floors, funky furniture and antiques. Enjoy traditional recipes at the tasty seafood restaurant Brimming with character and unpretentious charm.Local exploring - Off the beaten track, ideal for exploring the stunning surrounding coastline, Teno Mountains and Chinyero Nature Reserve.Families - With family rooms, a special kids menus, and plenty of rooms for running around, it's perfect for a family holiday.Great walks - There are plenty of beautiful options for walking in the nearby Teno Mountains and Chinyero Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning seaside village of Garachico, once submerged in lava.
Hotel Alhambra 5 rooms from $113La Orotava, Tenerife
A gorgeous townhouse in the city centre. A beautiful white building with a balustraded courtyard and chequered marble floor. Huge light filled rooms with balconies and stunning views. Surrounded by beaches and natural parks. A great choice for a beach holiday, excellent value.Sights nearby - Situated in La Orotava's Old TownSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of characterTraditional
Hotel Emblematico Casa Casilda 5 rooms from $113Tenerife
A delightful hotel away from the resort-dominated south of the island. The rooms are refreshingly stripped back with simple furnishings and tasteful modern art. Go horse riding or chance your arm at windsurfing. Both tranquil and cost-effective, it's ideal for a relaxing holiday.Hideaway - Tucked away in Tacoronte, on the less touristy North coast of Tenerife, with simple and chic rooms overlooking lush gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site San Cristóbal De La Laguna Old Town.Great walks - Wander the lush gardens or take a stroll into the lovely countryside.
Hotel Rural El Navio 8 rooms from $114Alcalá, Tenerife
A charming little hotel on the coastline surrounded by banana plantations and seaviews. Basic, but characterful rooms have stone floors, iron beds, attractive rugs, and private balconies. A lovely rural spot close to the beaches and mountain areas.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.
La laguna Gran Hotel 123 rooms from $115La Laguna, Tenerife
A chic property offering style and comfort in the heart of historic La Laguna. Interiors mix traditional Canarian architecture with boutique design to great effect. Housing the Michelin-star Nub restaurant and just steps from many of the city's main attractions makes this an attractive choice.Foodies - Dine in the superb Michelin-starred Nub restaurant which merges Chilean, Italian and traditional Tinerfeño cuisine.Local exploring - Perfectly positioned in the heart of the UNESCO Heritage site of La Laguna.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic La Laguna cathedral.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
MC San Agustin 4 rooms from $120Tenerife
A small hotel offering charming accommodation in an historic building in the heart of La Laguna. Spacious rooms keep the building's original charm with exposed beams, dark wooden floors and a selection of choice antiques. The perfect base to explore the island from.Local exploring - Located in the heart of historic La Laguna offering easy access to the many attractions on the island.Full of characterSpaTraditional
Parador de Las Cañadas del Teide 25 rooms from $126La Orotava, Tenerife
The only hotel on Tenerife in a Nature Reserve. Fantastic views towards the mountains, an excellent restaurant, charming rooms, gym and pool. A remote spot with lots of fresh mountain air. A back to nature holiday in the great outdoors.Views - Wonderful panoramic views of the Teide cone, the Chaorra crater, and the White Mountain.Sights nearby - The botanical garden in Puerto de la Cruz.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Traditional
Gara Hotel Rural 16 rooms from $126Garachico, Tenerife
A charming seaside hotel in the village of Garachico. The comfortable and characterful rooms are individually furnished with antique decor. Explore the quaint village with its peaceful squares and natural saltwater bathing pools. In the evening, enjoy a beer on the terrace soaking up sea views.Local exploring - The perfect base for exploring the historic, enchanting village of Garachico, as well as the surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Explore the charming seaside village of Icod de los Vinos, famous for its wine and its ancient dragon tree.Local markets - Explore the charming market of Garachico and pick up some local produce.Great walks - Go walking for a day in the stunning Teide National Park.
La Quinta Roja 16 rooms from $126Garachico, Tenerife
A gorgeous manor house with a long history. Traditional chic rooms and suites have wooden beams and charming decoration. Excellent restaurant, spa, and inner courtyard terrace. A special spot on the coast in Garachico.Sights nearby - Situated in the centre of old GarachicoSailing - Can be booked nearby.TraditionalSpaRecommended by - Sawdays, CN Traveller
Hotel Villalba 27 rooms from $143Vilaflor, Tenerife
Hotel Villalba is a relaxing hillside retreat set in the mountains near the Teide National Park. The rooms are modestly decorated and feature attached balconies with great views out over the surrounding valley. Explore the nearby UNESCO World Heritage El Teide and its lunar landscape.Total relaxation - With a deluxe wellness centre, sauna, hot spring bath, lovely gardens and an outdoor pool, it's the perfect spot to unwind.Back to Nature - Set high in the mountains on Tenerife, just on the edge of the Teide National Park, it's removed from the tourist bustle.Great walks - Tucked away in this stunning landscape there are loads of walking routes around El Teide and beyond.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
Isla Baja Suites 7 rooms from $149Garachico, Tenerife
A charming hotel perfectly positioned, right on the sea in Garachico. The individually decorated suites are comfortable and reflect a distinctly Canarian feel. Hire a bicycle and journey along the stunning coastline or explore the delightful Garachico. Perfect for a family holiday to Tenerife.Romantic Break - With beautiful Canarian style suites overlooking the sea, and only one minute from the beach, it's perfect for a romantic break.Sights nearby - Explore charming Garachico with its natural salt-water pools, a castle, traditional buildings and tranquil squares.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking routes in the nearby Teide National Park.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Atlantic Mirage Suites & Spa 178 rooms from $172Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
Following a recent refurbishment the Atlantic Mirage offers chic contemporary accommodation and superb wellness facilities. Light and airy rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, soft grey hues and indulgent bathrooms. An adult only property designed to completely unwind in.Total relaxation - A tranquil space boasting luxurious accommodation, a fabulous spa and enormous swimming pool.Great walks - Take a stroll through the beautiful French-influenced 18th-century gardens, Jardín Victoria.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult only
Hotel Tigaiga 84 rooms from $152Santa Cruz de Tenerife
A gorgeous hotel surrounded by a tropical garden with a lovely pool. Modern, sleek interiors have accents of bright greens or blues, while the smart rooms and apartments are fresh with large, bold wildlife photography adorning the walls and terraces. The fine dining restaurant is a real plus.Local exploring - Just a 15-minute walk to the resort, beaches and buses which take you to places of interest on the islandSights nearby - Check out the man-made marvels in Playa de las AmericasSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolBack to Nature
Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf 281 rooms from $155San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife
A contemporary classic resort on the sea front. Close to a nature reserve, golf course, watersports, the hotel is an ideal spot for families. Modern rooms and suites have private balconies with sea views. Excellent restaurant, pool and spa.Active HolidayFamiliesSwimming Pool - Five adult and three children's poolsKayaking - On the boating lakeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Roca Nivaria 298 rooms from $157Santa Cruz de Tenerife
A luxury hotel boasting stunning sea views. True to its five star accolade find every conceivable wish provided on site from exquisite cuisine to putting green. Grown up rooms are minimalistic yet cosy and feature large private balconies. Just a two minute walk from the beach. Fabulous.Total relaxation - A beach front property complete with an excellent spa. The perfect place to get away from it all.Families - Great choice of family suites plus kid's club, mini golf, playground and much more for all ages.Kids Club - Catering for ages 0-12 you'll find a mini club and separate babies club.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Grand Hotel Mencey 261 rooms from $167Santa Cruz de Tenerife
A stylish, modern hotel set in the midst of Tenerife's capital. It's architectural style is an evocation of colonial times, yet inside the rooms are minimalist and comfortable. Relax by the expansive lagoon pool or hit the roulette tables in the hotel's casino. Luxury at a low price.Families - With family rooms, babysitting services, and a lagoon style pool, it's perfect for a family holiday.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking in García Sanabria Park.Sights nearby - Catedral San Cristobal de La Laguna is four miles away.
Hotel Botanico 252 rooms from $189Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
A FIve Star spa hotel in the city centre with lovely sea views, excellent restaurants, kids club, penthouse suites, and botanical gardens. Simple yet elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, some with hot tubs, all the mod cons, and far reaching views out to sea. A luxury beach holiday.Views - Fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean and Mount TeideFamilies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Beach LifeRecommended by - CN Traveller
Costa Adeje Gran Hotel 457 rooms from $211Adeje, Tenerife
An impressive grand hotel just a short stroll from the beach. The modern rooms are built to maximise comfort and many boast great views of the sea. Relax by one of the hotel's pools or wander down to the beach before choosing from three restaurants and three bars in the evening. Five-star quality.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with an extensive range of bars and restaurants, a deluxe spa and even a rooftop pool and nudist area!Private Hot TubSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
La Malvasia 15 rooms from $211Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Charming cottages surrounded by a lovely garden, terraces and an indulgent pool. Bright kitchens are well-equipped, the spacious lounges feature wood-burners, terracotta tiled floors and exposed beams. The generous rooms are traditionally styled and cosy. A family-friendly gem.Country Escape - With its glorious sundeck, pool and garden, with the beach not far away, this is ideal for a sun-filled, easy holidayGreat walks - Go for leisurely evening strolls around the picturesque local villageSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
Jardines des Nivaria 271 rooms from $226Tenerife
A five star luxury hotel with an unbeatable location on the seafront of the Costa Adeje. Smart rooms are contemporary in style with tiled floors, modern art and private balconies. Unwind by the stunning pool or in the spoiling spa. A collection of excellent bars and restaurants. Very chic.Total relaxation - From spa to an enormous outdoor pool this is a space designed for unwinding.Beach Life - Just a short walk from a stunning sandy beach.Romantic - Good for couples.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Jardin de la Paz from $263Tenerife
Nestled into the lesser travelled North coast of Tenerife, Jardin de la Paz offers luxury ocean facing apartments and villas. The villas are beautifully decorated and fitted with fully equipped kitchens. Luxuriate by one of the lovely swimming pools or lounge in the exotic garden.Value chic - The chic villas and studios offer great value and independent travel, surrounded by lush gardens and lovely sea views.Total relaxation - On the north coast away from the hustle and bustle of Tenerife's resorts, perfect for relaxing in the sun.Surfing - There are some great surfing beaches on the surrounding coastline.Great walks - Take great walking routes with the hotel's own hiking guide.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel San Roque 16 rooms from $267Garachico, Tenerife
A chic 18th century palace come designer renovation nestled in the sleepy fishing village of Garachico. An oasis of calm and relaxation with lots of beach and mountain activities on the other. Boutique rooms combine traditional and new, excellent restaurant, and small pool.In/by a Nature Reserve - Teno Rural Park, Forest Crown Nature Park, Chinyero Special Nature Reserve.Honeymoons - The hotel's facilites make this a bolthole for honemooners.Active Holiday - The mountains and beaches provide a plethora of sports.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays, CN Traveller
Hacienda del Conde 117 rooms from $274Tenerife
A fabulous five-star hotel off the Tenerife tourist trail. With plush rooms, three restaurants, two swimming pools and an extensive spa, it caters to all preferences. Golfers will cherish the superb Ballesteros designed course facing the sea. Adults only - perfect excuse to leave kids at home.Romantic Break - With intimate luxurious suites, an extensive range of restaurants and an adults only policy it's perfect for a romantic break.Total relaxation - Soak up the soothing seculuded atmosphere, excellent service and deluxe spa with a range of treatments.Sights nearby - Visit the picturesque seaside village of Garachico, five miles from the hotel.Sailing - Sail around the coastline to the stunning cliffs of Los Gigantes.
Baobab Suites 125 rooms from $294Costa Adeje, Tenerife
A spectacular ultra-modern hotel on the outskirts of Costa Adeje. The suites boast cutting-edge contemporary design features, minimalist furnishings and chic white colour schemes. Relax by the pristine swimming pools or enjoy cosmopolitan Canarian cuisine. A suave seaside escape.Families - The freedom of an apartment, combined with the luxury of a hotel, with free kids club, children's menu and year round sun.Romantic Break - Pamper yourselves with deluxe seafacing suites, boasting decked balconies, private pools, jacuzzis and excellent food.Great walks - Take a day trip to El Teide, a magnificent natural park full of great walking trails.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape
Villa Cortes 151 rooms from $327Playa de la Américas, Tenerife
Villa Cortes is a vision of luxury in Playas de las Americas, equipped with all the bells and whistles of a five-star resort. All your culinary needs are met by six restaurants and a further four bars add a bit of kick to the atmosphere. A place to relax, whether it's on the beach or in the spa.Beach Life - Just a five minutes walk from the beach, with a funky beach bar, a beach club restaurant and sun terraces with Balinese beds.Honeymoons - A vibrant and opulent escape, filled with Arabic tiles, romantic courtyards, fragrant gardens and plush suites.Great walks - Make the most of the picturesque walking routes along the surrounding coastline.Romantic - Good for couples.
Las Madrigueras 57 rooms from $354Tenerife
Set in a gorgeous terracotta-coloured collonaded building with a pool and a neat little spa, surrounded by a lush golf course. Marble-clad interiors are cool and stylish, while the luxurious rooms are bright and spacious and feature private terraces. The top-notch cuisine seals the deal.Country Escape - Set on an attractive golf course just 20 minutes' walk from the beach, this lush green area is ideal for a quiet retreatSailing - Explore the coast by boat to discover some amazing quiet spotsRestrictions on children - 16-year olds plus are welcomedSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Royal Hideaway Corales Suites 109 rooms from $367Tenerife
A luxurious collection of suites boasting spectacular sea views. Accommodation is unashamedly contemporary with white on white style throughout and minimalist furniture. Sip cocktails by the pool, indulge in the spa and feast in any one of the nine restaurants.Hideaway - A luxury getaway on a quiet part of the island.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Royal Hideaway Corales Beach 121 rooms from $411La Caleta, Tenerife
A luxury sea side spot in popular Tenerife. Chic rooms are decorated with white on white style and modern fittings, and all have large private terraces. With a handful of restaurants, first-class wellness packages, infinity pool and incredible rooftop, an indulgent stay is guaranteed.Spa breaks - The hotel offers a fantastic spa, with individual suites, infinity pool and a range of high-quality treatments and classesBeach Life - Tenerife is renowned for its beautiful long sandy beaches and clear blue watersSwimming Pool - Indoor pool, rooftop and infinity poolRestrictions on children - Children not allowedRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Grand Hotel El Mirador 120 rooms from $441Costa Adeje, Tenerife
Opulence and luxury reign supreme at the Grand Hotel El Mirador, resembling something off the set from Alibaba. With palatial rooms, an extensive spa, three restaurants, a heavenly beach nearby, it's hard to argue with the quality of service on offer. Five-star excellence.Romantic Break - With luxurious Arabian nights style suites overlooking the sea, and an excellent restaurant, it's ideal for a romantic getaway.Total relaxation - A sublime spa, combined with unbeatable service and indulgent interiors make for a pampering beach holiday.Surfing - Try your hand at catching some waves on the beach infront of the hotel.Fishing - The hotel will happily organise sea fishing trips.
Ritz Carlton Abama 461 rooms from $464Guía de Isora, Tenerife
A spectacular, Moorish-inspired five-star resort overlooking the Atlantic. Plush Colonial-style rooms with private balconies and pampering en suites. The hotel covers all the bases with ten restaurants, a deluxe spa, a championship golf course and much more. An opulent escape.Foodies - The hotel offers ten restaurants with MB having two michelin stars, and the Japanese Kabuki has been awarded one michel star.Hideaway - A secluded clifftop property overlooking a banana plantation and the neighbouring island of La Gomera.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Red Level Gran Melia Palacio de Isora 110 rooms from $480Alcalá, Tenerife
Luxury abounds at this edge of the Atlantic hotel. It's home to a wealth of riches with chic rooms, eight bars, a superb spa and a handful of restaurants. Luxuriate by the lagoon-style infinity pool or on the beach in front of the hotel. Attentive 24hr private butlers gives it all a personal touch.Romantic Break - An adults only relaxing haven, with hammam, nightclub, jacuzzi, spa, an extensive range of restaurants and 24 hour butlers!!Beach Life - One minute walk from the the manicured sands of Playa Jaquita, with plenty of watersports and stunning views of the bay.Surfing - The surrounding coastline is great for surfing, grab a board and catch some waves!Great walks - There are beautiful walking trails along the cliffs at Los Gigantes.
Bahia Del Duque 356 rooms from $575Costa Adeje, Tenerife
A stellar beachside resort that will cater to everyones needs with grace, style, and aplomb. All the creature comforts of a five-star hotel including deluxe private villas and eight restaurants set on six hectares of incredible subtropical gardens. A seaside stunner.Families - Family heaven, with huge private villas, a playground, a pool and babysitting, as well as a range of bars and spa treatments.Beach Life - With direct private access to the whole of the Del Duque beach, on the most exclusive stretch of the Costa Adeje.Great walks - Take a walk through the extensive botanical gardens and down to the beach.Opulent
Royal Gardens Villas & Spa from $614Adeje, Tenerife
The Royal Gardens Villas combine luxury and intimacy, on the Costa Adeje. Each villa is uniquely decorated with ornate Balinese style furnishings, flowing drapes, and plush carpets. Indulge yourself at the atmospheric cocktail bar, Spanish restaurant or deluxe spa. An tranquil coastal gem.Total relaxation - With a deluxe spa and massage treatment as well as private villas with pools, it's perfect for a relaxing break in the sun.Honeymoons - Intimate Balinese-style villas with private pools and incredible views, perfect for romantic escape.Sailing - Visit Los Gigantes cliffs, the perfect backdrop for a boat trip.Great walks - Superb walking paths in the El Teide nature reserve.Recommended by - Tablet