- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Maiori
Four miles to the east of Amalfi, Maiori is a firm family-favourite being blessed with one of the largest beaches on the Amalfi coast. Although much of the historic centre was destroyed in a major flood in 1954, there are still medieval corners to discover as well as charming churches, a pleasant seafront and plenty of eating choices. Its little sister, Minori, also has a lovely beach. Selecting one of the best places to stay in Maiori is a good choice for a family holiday.
Thing not to miss:
- Before the floods, Maiori was an important port. Above the town are the ruins of the Castle of San Nicola de Thoro-Plano; worth the climb for the views.
- The town itself is dominated by the colourful majolica-tiled dome of the Collegiate Church of Santa Maria a Mare while on the headland to the east of the town is the extraordinary Santa Maria de Olearia, completely carved out of the cliff face. Begun in the 10th century as a shrine to Santa Maria de Olearia, cliff dwellings soon followed which were then transformed into a monastery in the 11th century.
- Maiori’s harbour has boats to hire to find beaches only accessible from the sea, pleasant evening strolls along the seafront and plenty of bars to enjoy a glass of limoncello.
- Nearby Minori, has another lovely beach, pretty coloured houses and the remains of one of the area’s finest Roman villas, Villa Marittima Romana, complete with frescoes, mosaics and thermal baths.
- The medieval Basilica of Santa Trofimena, restored in the 19th century, is also worth a visit; it houses the relics of Saint Trofimena, Amalfi’s patron saint.
- Minori is also the place to eat pasta; in the 18th century, the town was famous for its pasta factories.
Our choice of the best places to stay in Maiori could be the answer if you want to combine a beach holiday with a bit of culture and a dramatic landscape.
The best places to stay in Maiori
For a stunning view
- Set in the cliffs above Maiori, Hotel Botanico San Lazzaro enjoys dreamy views, especially from its dining terrace. Rooms combine tradition with craft, with hand-painted furniture, tiled floors and silk fabrics. Terraced gardens are heady with lemons and orchids, plus there’s a pool.
For a boutique stay
- B&B Mauire was once upon-a-time an ancient Amalfi palace. Now rejuventated into a delightful boutique guesthouse, it offers charming rooms, an artistic atmosphere and stunning views. A great little hideaway on a hilltop.
For a villa or apartment
- If you're travelling as a family or in a small group, sometimes a villa or apartment respresents the best option. We recommend you search our online partner booking.com, for a wide range of properties.
- The nearest airport to Maiori is Naples International (25 miles).
- If your looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The best time to visit Maiori is from May to September, when the temperatures sit comfortably in the twenites.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Maiori
Hotel Botanico San Lazzaro 18 rooms from $251Maiori
A romantic boutique hotel in a cliff top setting with an infinity pool. Authentically decorated rooms and suites with hand-painted furniture and ceramics, four poster beds, and mezzanine levels. Fabulous orchids; exotic and botanical gardens. Oozing with Amalfi charm.Romantic BreakViews - Lovely views over the Bay of MaioriRestrictions on children - No children allowed, over 18s only.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Johansens
B&B Maiure 6 rooms from $126Maiori
Ancient palace turned boutique hotel. Admire statement artworks hanging on the walls, enjoy breakfast out on the breezy terrace with the Amalfi coast for a backdrop. Elegant, romantic and artsy. A great little find.Foodies - The gastronomy of Maiori features local agriculture. Several unique restaurants within walking distanceBeach Life - Maiori is the biggest beach of the Amalfi coastSights nearby - The Collegiate Church of Santa Maria a Mare and The Church of San Francesco cannot be missedLocal markets - Explore the streets of this beautiful town