12 Best Boutique hotels in Norfolk
When planning a trip to Norfolk there is a wide range of hotels to choose from. But if you are looking for an intimate stay, mixing style with tradition, a boutique option is the way to go. Our hotel experts have scanned the county and gathered their top picks for the best boutique hotels in Norfolk. Ranging from charming inns to restaurants with rooms, there's plenty to choose from for all tastes and budgets.
For a boutique pub with rooms
- Goldings is a charming and historic building with fresh chic interiors in Kings Lynn. Suites are available for those who need a little extra space. Pick this property for the hearty pub cuisine and picturesque walks nearby.
- The White Horse Blakeney is a contemporary pub situated in the pretty coastal village of Blakeley. Interiors are chic and there's an exemplary restaurant and cosy bar.
- The Chequers Inn is set in a 16th century building in the village of Thornham on the North Norfolk coast. Charming traditional features mix well with the new boutique design. The award-winning restaurant makes this a memorable stay.
For a boutique B&B
- Magazine Wood is an intimate, friendly B&B within walking distance of the dramatic Norfolk coast. Chic interiors perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles. A good choice for a laid-back stay.
- Cley Windmill is a characterful and quirky windmill B&B overlooking marshes of Cley, a pretty village near shingle coast where locals swim. Rooms are quaint with comfortable beds and wonderful views.
- Old Town Hall House is an AA 5* property offering four boutique rooms. Every Friday night a three course supper club is held and is well worth planning a trip around.
- The Assembly House is set in an historic Georgian building in the heart of Norwich. The individually designed rooms are utterly delightful while dinners are exceptional and afternoon teas are also served.
- Strattons Hotel is an eclectic family-run hotel comprising just ten rooms. Luxurious accommodation is elegantly decorated while the locally renowned restaurant serves up excellent homely dishes.
- The Dial House is a charming restaurant with room in Reepham. The individually styled rooms ooze glamour while the restaurant has made a name for itself as THE spot in Norfolk for fabulous dinners.
For a pet-friendly property
- The Harper is a fantastic new addition to the Norfolk boutique hotel scene. Its 32 rooms and suites do not disappoint with contemporary four poster beds, and seriously hi-spec en suite bathrooms. There's an excellent modern British restaurant and pampering spa. Plus all the ground floor rooms are dog friendly!
- The Fritton Arms is a 15th century property that has undergone a fabulous facelift. Interiors are bright and bold, there's a gourmet restaurant and, better still, you can bring your four-legged friend too!
For traditional style
- Byfords is Holt's oldest building, a former ironmonger's, and promises an Olde World country stay. Rooms are decorated in a traditional style with sumptuous beds, soft throws and Bang & Olufsen sound systems. A great choice for a cosy country stay.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk or our recommendations for the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast.
- Browse through our collection of hotels with hot tubs in Norfolk or Norfolk's most romantic hotels or the best country house hotels in Norfolk or hotels with sea views in Norfolk of the best bed and breakfasts in Norfolk.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Goldings King's Lynn (North Norfolk) 6 rooms from £91Local exploring - With its prime location in the centre of town, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in and around NorfolkFamilies - With larger suites available that can accommodate children, this pub with rooms is a great option for familiesCountry Escape - Located in a traditional country pub, this hotel makes for an authentic rural retreatLocal markets - Wander around Lynn's bustling markets held on Tuesday's and Saturday's at the Market Place
This charming historic pub with rooms in Norfolk. Chic guestrooms feature plush linens, sink-into carpets and contemporary furniture; book the Rush Suite for heritage features and family-sized living space. Unwind in the cosy pub after a long walk; an inviting country escape. See More
Magazine Wood Hunstanton, Norfolk 3 rooms from £105Great walks - Wonderful walks both coastal and inland for all abilities. Magazine Wood has direct access to the Peddars Way.Sights nearby - There are plenty of galleries and stately homes to visit for culture vulturesLocal markets - There are a wide range of farmers' markets to be discovered.Birdwatching - The North Norfolk coast is renowned for its bird life
Intimate, friendly B&B set within walking distance of the dramatic Norfolk coast. The B&B emphasises privacy and relaxation, with well-equipped en-suite bathrooms and the provisions for making your own breakfast as standard. Hot food also made to order, and it is surrounded by renowned restaurants. See More
The White Horse Blakeney Norfolk 9 rooms from £99Total relaxation - Unwind in this coastal property with well appointed rooms, a cosy bar and exemplary restaurant in a quiet corner of Norfolk.Sights nearby - Visit the Halls at Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham House..Sailing - Sail from Blakeley Point and spot the local seals.Great walks - Bring your boots and set out on a coastal walk.
A contemporary pub situated in the pretty coastal village of Blakeley. Chic rooms are bright and airy with white-washed walls, crisp white linen, exposed beams and monochrome soft furnishings. Dine in the laid-back restaurant serving innovative British fare. A charming stay. See More
The Harper Langham, Norfolk 32 rooms from £175Spa - With indoor pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub, plus Irene Forte therapists to tease out your strains.Hideaway - Not far from Norfolk's big beachesGreat walks - Beautiful beaches nearbySwimming Pool - Stone-clad pool
The Chequers Inn Hunstanton, Norfolk 11 rooms from £108Local exploring - Explore historic Thornham and head off hiking around the areaFoodies - Enjoy absolutely divine dishes from the restaurantGreat walks - Thornham is situated in the midst of the beautiful Holme Dunes National Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning Sandringham House Museum & Grounds, 15 km awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Set in a 16th-century building, The Chequers Inn is located in the village of Thornham. Combines original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature. Features a one Rosette restaurant! A charming stay. See More
Old Town Hall House Norfolk 4 rooms from £110Country Escape - Old Town Hall House enjoys a wonderfully serene location that will help you feel a million miles away from all your troubles.Romantic Break - A quiet atmosphere, great food and long walks on the beach make this a top spot for romantic getawaysFoodies - Absolutely scrumptous two-course dinners served up on Wednesday and Sunday eveningsSights nearby - Visit the 14th century St Margaret’s Church of Cley, a wonderful example of medieval architectureRecommended by - CN Traveller
Old Town Hall House is situated in the small village of Cley next the Sea. This AA 5* property offers four boutique rooms featuring colourful wallpapers and boasting impressive views of the surrounding area. Be sure to join in with the three-course Friday Night Supper Club in the restaurant! See More
The Fritton Arms Fritton, Norfolk 9 rooms from £130Sights nearby - Somerleyton HallDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Having undergone a most fabulous of facelifts this 15th century property has a new lease of life. Bright and beautifully upholstered furnishings create an artsy vibe in airy bedrooms. There is a sitting room with log fire for guests to enjoy, bar, garden and gourmet restaurant. Pets are welcome too! See More
The Assembly House Norwich (Central Norfolk) 11 rooms from £140Sights nearby - Go visit Norwich Cathedral or take a tour of Carrow Road, home of Norwich City FCGreat walks - Wander around the city getting a feel for the place or head along to the coastTraditionalBoutique
The Assembly House is set in an historic Georgian building in the heart of Norwich. The individually designed rooms are utterly delightful - spacious, tastefully furnished and with lovely marble bathrooms. Scrumptious dinners or treat yourself to afternoon tea. A simply wonderful stay. See More
Strattons Hotel Swaffham, Norfolk 10 rooms from £140Value chic - An eclectic mix of kitsch and contemporary and antiques and fabric-festooned decadence, all for a reasonalble price tag.Romantic Break - Charming rooms with fourposter beds, free tanding baths, open fires and indulgent room service.Restaurant - Award winning English cooking using fresh, local and organic produce.Local markets - A real highlight is the bargain hunting anituques market in Swaffham every Saturdays.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Dial House Reepham, Norfolk 8 rooms from £175Foodies - The on site restaurant has gained a reputation for its excellent afternoon tea, and wholesome dinners.Romantic Break - The decadent and indulgent suites and rooms offer the ultimate romantic getaway from another era.Local markets - Explore the sleepy market town of Reepham.Full of character
A charming restaurant with room in Reepham. The individually styled rooms ooze old world glamour with their Grand Tour themed decor and quirky characterful furnishings. The on site restaurant has made a name for itself as THE spot in Norfolk for fabulous dinners and afternoon tea. Unique. See More
Byfords Holt (North Norfolk) 16 rooms from £155Sights nearby - The famous stately home of Sheringham Park is just a short drive away.Great walks - Peddars Way and the Norfolk Coast Path are popular amongst ramblers.Sailing - Take a boat out in search for whales, seals, dolphins and porpoises.Local markets - Visit Holt's Farmer's Market, held every Saturday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Holt's oldest building, a former ironmongers, this hotel promises an Olde World country stay. Rooms are decorated in a traditional style with sumptuous beds, soft throws and Bang & Olufsen sound systems. Bathrooms have underfloor heating. A bustling deli and café attracts locals and tourists alike. See More
Cley Windmill Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 10 rooms from £159Birdwatching - For keen ornithologist NWT Cley Marshes Nature Reserve is a wonderful area for spotting all manner of birds.Views - Panoramic views over the salt marshesLocal markets - Just South of the mill are small shops, selling pottery, smoked fish and secondhand books.Fishing - Saltwater Fly Fishing is available nearby, ask the friendly staff for further details.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide