- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Marrakech
Marrakech is without doubt the premier tourist destination in Morocco and many of the best places to stay in Marrakech have become destinations in their own right. The city offers more than a touch of exoticism and romance, with old souks, fascinating Medina and ancient buildings - many of which have been converted into atmospheric riads and hotels.
The best places to stay are located either in or in close proximity to the Medina. There are also some lovely hotels just outside the city some of which are included in our list.
For luxury and 4/5 star comforts and facilities you will probably end up staying in one of the hotels outside the Medina, but it you want to get the real Marrakech experience, book a riad inside it, because these are the most exciting and atmospheric places to stay. For a full listing of Medina hotels check out our Ultimate Guide.
All our Marrakech Collections:
- Hotels near Marrakech
- Hotels in the Palmeraie
- To riad or not to riad? The best boutique hotels in Marrakech
- 20 of the best Marrakech riads
- Best Marrakech hotels with pools
- The Ultimate Guide to Marrakech Medina Hotels
- Stay fresh in Marrakech - Best hammams and spas
- A Foodie's Marrakech: Where to eat and where to stay
What not to Miss
- Mysterious and welcoming, Marrakech has been a medina town for as long as it can remember. A place desert caravans converged upon bringing in wonders from all over Morocco and the world beyond. The flavours of the spices and the recipes brought in off the desert, are one kind of wonderand one of the reasons Marrakech is considered a heaven for foodies.
- The frenetic streets and alleyways leading towards Djemaa el-Fna Square are filled with people finishing long journeys - some off buses, some have carts. Tuareg, Berbers and other tribesmen come in off the Sahara to trade amongst mysterious herbs drying in the sun, heaped piles of colourful spices and air thick with the smell and smoke of cooking.
- Marrakech has no shortage of choice when it comes to eating with everything from street food to sumptuous feasts. The very best meal you have here may not be from a world renowned tasting menu or even a perfectly tender teyhan (spleen) kebab in the medina, but something home cooked and served on the rooftop of your riad. Whichever of our foodie favourites you choose, it's worth giving the staff plenty of notice about any dietary requirements, as they'll more than likely tailor a menu to your needs.
- Wherever you're dining the traditional way to enjoy your food is with your bare right hand - use breads to scoop - and plenty of gusto!
- Shopping is done with a similar level of energy and gusto. You can buy almost anything in The Souk adjacent to the Place Djemaa El-Fna. Haggling is what people do here and people are expecting it. It’s unlikely you’ll get the same prices as a local would but you should definitely give it a go!
- Once you've been out in it for a couple of hours the sun may begin to feel relentless and the crowds and dust of the medina are easy to become lost in. Of course it begins to feel as if everyone is trying to sell you something, because, well, everyone is trying to sell you something. But Marrakech has the perfect answer to the problem of Marrakech, a glorious tradition of pampering spa treatments - the hammam, or Turkish bath. The hammams work on the principle that if you've come in off the desert you'll need a good steam followed by a darn good scrub.
- Once you’re fed and scrubbed you might want to visit the Palmeraie, a real oasis on the outskirts of the city; The Koutoubia Mosque, which is like Marrakech’s Eiffel Tower; the beautifully decorated Saadian Tombs; the Dar Is Said Museum, the El Bahia Palace and the Ben Youssef Madrassa.
There is plenty of choice of accommodation so choosing one of the best places to stay in Marrakech shouldn't be a problem. Choosing just depends on your preference and budget.
For an authentic feel
- With so many properties claiming to offer an “authentic” experience, it is often tricky to know where to start when selecting a hotel with a truly Moroccan feel. Our favourite from our selection would have to be Jnane Tamsna owned by the legendary Meryanne Loum-Martin, renowned for her style and hospitality. Spread amongst three separate villas, there are 24 en suite bedrooms, plus numerous dining areas, sitting rooms and outdoor spaces. Add to this the nine acre gardens and five swimming pools and you have the perfect foil to the busy medina.
Many of our Gurus’ favourite places to stay in Marrakech are beautiful, traditional Moroccan riads, some of which we feel have similar qualities to what we’d call a "boutique hotel" in other countries. Morocco is known for beautiful artistic heritage and some of the tile work, stucco and carved wood design in these properties is up there with the city’s cultural highlights.
- Riad Jaaneman couldn't have a better location, a stone's throw from the souks and Dar el Bacha Palace. It's an intimate property with just five well appointed suites, plus gorgeous courytard with plunge pool and roof terrace with views to the Altas Mountains.
- Dar Zemora is a traditional six room hotel nestled in amongst beautiful gardens of olive, palm and lemon trees. The decor is colourful and Moroccan and there’s a heated pool and romantic dining room. The large garden makes this a private and peaceful place to stay.
- Understated and elegant with design that combines Moroccan tradition and European style, Dar Les Cigognes is in a great location with fantastic views from the roof terrace. There are 11 rooms, each unique, in these two converted riads joined into one by a bridge over a small alleyway. There’s also a spa, harman and jacuzzi.
- Just ten minutes walk from Djemaa el Fna, the Riad Les Yeux Bleus is charming and unpretentious with just eight rooms tucked away down a pink alleyway. Elegant and very Moroccan, there’s a trickling fountain, a rooftop view, bright colours in the decor and in the bougainvillea-filled courtyard and the smell of lemon trees. There’s a small hammam and very reasonable prices.
- Dar Les Cigognes is another top choice. In 2012 it won the accolade of Best Cooking School in Morocco. Here you also get beautifully decorated rooms and stunning city views from the roof top terrace.
- Founded in the 40s, in its heyday La Maison Arabe was the most talked about restaurant in Marrakech - and then in 1997 it was turned into a luxury hotel. The atmosphere of lanterns and classical music sets the mood perfectly. The menu you'll fall in love with - with plenty of traditional options including some of the heartiest tagines in town. These days there are two restaurants and a cooking school.
- Foodies looking for romance should book the Jardins d'Issil. A collection of 15 caïdal tents which are like mini marquees set up around a large central pool. You can also sup around the pool, under awnings, or go for something more formal in the restaurant.
- Come to Dar Ayniwen if you want to eat well and relax. This gorgeous haven is just a short drive from the centre of town but within its five acres of green gardens it feels like your own oasis of green calm. They also offer free cooking classes to hotel guests.
Best Roof Terraces
- Riyad Edward has the tallest rooftop garden in the medina, so if you want views this is perfect. From there you can look down into the medina, or on the other side the inviting courtyard below. The rooms here are simple, traditional and charming with many of the original tiles, doors and other features. It's exceptionally well priced, with rooms starting from just £50 per night.
Best family friendly places
- The Riyad el Cadi is filled with fine furniture and art but manages to also be suitable for families. There is a rooftop sun terrace and cookery classes are also offered. Book one of the suites or the villa if you’re travelling with the tribe.
- Riad Kaiss is another good family option. Bang in the centre of town it is perfect for exploring all that Marrakech has to offer. With just nine rooms and suites it would make the ideal location for an extended family gathering or special occasion.
For luxury and romance
- Les Cinq Djellabas is an encampment of ten African eco lodges, offering the perfect spot to chill out away from the buzz of the medina. The feel is barefoot luxury - where contemporary minimalist design blends easily with traditional Moroccan craftsmanship. Ideal for groups and extremely private.
- Romantic and intimate, the Riad Al Moussika has just five bedrooms, courtyards flooded with sunlight and a delicious Italian/French/Moroccan restaurant. The decor is classical Moroccan around a central courtyard with a pool, bougainvillea and rose-filled fountains.
- Equally romantic and perfect for honeymoons is the Ksar Char Bagh, a Moorish Palace with tranquil gardens and an enormous outdoor pool.
- The French-owned Villa des Orangers has sophisticated rooms and a luxurious hammam for proper pampering.
- The Riad El Fenn is another superb destination for a luxurious hammam experience where you can also enjoy food grown in the riad's own garden, open fires and deep baths with soothing fragrant oils.
Best Hammams and Spas
- The Riad Kaiss was once a harem, so it's a great place to stay in you're looking for somewhere with a bit of history! It's been very elegantly converted with many of the most beautiful original features have been kept, including some beautiful tiling and latticework. The central courtyard is a relaxing green haven, perfect for relaxing post hammam. Or you can arrange to have a massage poolside.
- Not all dars and riads are in the centre of town and Dar Ayniwen is a fine, spacious example. Set on five green acres in the Palmeraie area, this dar has room for a large outdoor pool and giant tiled bathrooms - some of the suites even have their own jacuzzi. So, as you can imagine from all these watery relaxation aids, there's room for one of Marrakech's most indulgent hammams.
- If you'd prefer to try a more traditional looking hammam, Riad Farnatchi has one in creamy white marble lit by candles. The welcoming pool has some beautifully detailed tiling. With only five suites in this luxury hotel you can guarantee personalised service. Apparently the massages are 'knock out'.
For something more Modern?
- Maison MK is a relaxing retreat in this frenetic city. With just six rooms, neutral tones, a fantastic harman, a peaceful rooftop terrace and an intimate Moroccan/ French fusion restaurant. The design was created by a fashion photographer so it’s quite stylish too, but still traditional.
- The Riad Tchaikana is a minimalist-chic hotel with just five rooms in the heart of the medina. The stark white walls let the well chosen Moroccan details speak for themselves and there’s a beautiful roof terrace where they serve breakfast. There are views over the city up to the mountains.
- Villa 55 is in the Palmeraie so it offers a bit more space and a bit more peace. There are just ten rooms which are simple and stylish with mainly white decor and splashes of Moroccan colour. There’s a wonderful garden and a traditional kitchen.
- Recently restored, the Riad Joya is wonderfully unfussy with natural materials used in a simpler, more modern way. The rooms and courtyards are bright and light with modern furnishings and the service standards are high.
- The Villa des Oranges is a smart, six room hotel with a fusion of Moroccan and European decor. Think beautiful mosaic floors and wood panelled walls. There’s a luxurious hammam and a tranquil inner courtyard.
For on a budget
With the rise in popularity of Marrakech as a short break destination, it is increasingly hard to find value for money. We have discovered a few places which still offer such value.
- Riad al Bushra is a newcomer to the scene. It offers five suites all excellent value for money with prices starting a just €75 per night. The location too is perfect in the heart of the Medina, a stone's throw from all major attractions.
- The Jardins d’Issil has 15 caidal tents set up around a huge infinity pool. Is unusual and fantastic value for money. Located just outside Marrakech itself, the view of the Atlas Mountains is incredible. You can book B&B from as little as €30 per person per night.
- Riad Dar Zaman is an intimate property with just four rooms. It features many traditional Berber designs, offer fabulous food and is excellent value for money with rooms from as little as €95 per night B&B.
- Dar Layyina is a charming property just outside the city proper which offers superb value for money. There are 7 rooms and suites, plus two outdoor pools (one heated for cooler months) and prices start from as little as €70 per night including breakfast.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self catering apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Currently Marrakech-Menara Airport has direct flights from some European capitals and major cities, including quite a few UK airports. Once you’re inside Morocco, Marrakech is linked to Casablance, Agadir, Fez, Ouarzazate, Tangier and Al Hoceima. The airport is about five kilometres from the city and the Medina and if you don’t have too much luggage it is possible to walk to town. Otherwise your best bet is the airport bus which runs every 20minutes and serves all the major hotels. If you want to catch a taxi it’s a good idea to book a reputable fixed price fare company in advance, because the taxi drivers at the airport pick-up are known for being dishonest and difficult to deal with.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Marrakech and you want to visit the Atlas Mountains - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Marrakech is very hot in the summer and dry all year round, so it’s a great winter or autumn warmth destination. January and February are the wettest months, but it’s still fairly sunny. The best times to visit are probably during the shoulder seasons between March and April and October and November.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Marrakech
Dar Layyina 6 rooms from £61Marrakech (Lieu-dit Tabouhanit Commune Sidi Abdellah Ghiat)
Charming boutique hotel 15 minutes from Marrakech with an authentic Moroccan feel. Spacious rooms and suites, contemporary/traditional style with cool, soothing hues. Outside there are two pools, tennis court and spa. A laid back, intimate spot from where you can experience both city and countryExclusive offer - Hotel Guru ExclusiveValue chic - With stylish rooms starting from just €70 per night, this is great value.Swimming Pool - There are two outdoor pools, the larger one has a sound system and the smaller one is heated.Sights nearby - With Marrakech just 15 minutes away, you're wihin easy reach of all the sights.Great walks - Enjoy a day's trekking in the foothills of the Atlas mountains
Riad Dar Zaman 4 rooms from £69Marrakech (Sidi Ben Slimane)
Charming four roomed riad situated in the heart of the medina. Traditionally decorated rooms feature berber rugs and original hand-crafted pieces. Delicious Moroccan cuisine and cooking classes available too. Beautiful sun terrace with views to the mountains. An excellent value chic retreat.Exclusive offer - Free transfer and dinnerGroups - Take over the whole riad for a stay to remember!Views - Fantastic views over the medina and to the Atlas Mountains in the distance from the roof terrace.Cooking classes - Scour the souks for ingredients, then return to the Riad to learn how to cook them.Restrictions on children - No children under 12 unless you take over the whole propertyRecommended by - I Escape
Dar Les Cigognes 11 rooms from £145Marrakech Medina
An understated and elegant Riad, in the heart of Marrakech. The beautifully decorated rooms fuse Moroccan and European styles to create enchanting spaces. Fantastic views from the roof top terrace, while you chow down on award winning delicious food. Simply magical.Exclusive offer - Free Night OfferCity Style - Magical rooms in a stylish Riad, with award winning restaurant and extensive spa services- all in the center of Marrakech!ElegantCooking classes - Learn to cook traditional Moroccan food with the school that was voted Best Moroccan Cooking School in the world.Local markets - Less than a ten minute walk away you'll find Jamaâ El Fna Square, the main market in MarrakechRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Jnane Tamsna 24 rooms from £228Marrakech
A fairytale hideaway set in acres of beautiful gardens. Minimalist Moroccan splendour achieves a peaceful contemporary look. Organic produce from the gardens and the hammam spa awaken the senses. The perfect location for a wedding or group holiday.Families - With extensive gardens, five pools, tennis courts, and prebooked specialised kids activities this is the perfect family getaway.Weddings - One of the hotel's main clientele due to the beautiful grounds and flexible accommodation in different buildings.Garden - A 15-acre walled estate.WellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Riad Shambala 5 rooms from £49Marrakech (Arest Ihiri)
This boutique, owner managed property is a perfect blend of old and new, East meets West. From the food (there is a continental breakfast and fusion cuisine) to the simple yet stylish rooms: muted palettes, Moroccan accents and natural materials of exposed stone and wood. Plus an inviting pool.Sights nearby - Koutoubia Mosque, Jemaa El Fna and the Saadian Tombs are just some of the sights within easy reach.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Views - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Villa Al Assala 10 rooms from £62Marrakech
Located in a tranquil palm grove ten minutes from the bazaars of Marrakech Villa Al Assala boasts modern rooms with Moroccan touches, all with four posters and private terraces. Dine al-fresco by the pool on delicious local dishes. There is also a hammam and spa. A wonderfully romantic abode.Local markets - Daily shuttles into Marrakech town allow you to explore the colourful markets.Swimming Pool - Outdoor.SpaRomantic - Good for couples.
Riad Meriem 5 rooms from £58Marrakech (derb chemaa (el qadi))
An exquisitely designed riad in the heart of the ancient medina. Elegant rooms are simply decorated with warm hues and large contemporary artworks allowing the building's original features to take centre stage. Boasting a flower-filled roof terrace, heated plunge pool and very attractive rates.Local exploring - In the heart of the medina’s oldest quarter, a short walk from the souks, the Marrakech Museum and the Ali Ben Youssef MedersaGreat walks - Leave Marrakech on a day trip to Ourika Valley, a lush oasis of vegetation in the foothills of the magnificent Atlas MountainsSights nearby - Go on a morning tour of Marrakech which includes the sweet gardens of Bahia Palace, Koutoubia Tower and the Saadian TombsLocal markets - There is an abundance of buzzing souks and markets to explore
Jardins d'Issil 17 rooms from £70Marrakech (Sidi Abdallah Ghiat)
A cluster of caïdal tents in the rugged countryside fringing Marrakech. Enchanting Moroccan interiors set a romantic tone with flowing drapes, candles and cushions. Dine on local dishes in the dappled shade of the aromatic gardens. True paradise!Exclusive offer - B&B specialRomantic Break - Romantic Moroccan style tents in a poolside paradise - the perfect romantic retreatSwimming Pool - Large outdoor poolOpulentDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Riad Clementine 8 rooms from £75Marrakech (Bab Doukkala)
Located down one of the Medina quarter's winding streets, Clementine is a hidden gem. The delightful staff, comfortable rooms, sun trap of a courtyard with pool will make you feel right at home. Choose from the hotel restaurant, serving healthy Moroccan food or one of the city's delightful cafes.Great walks - Located in the medina quarter of Marrakech the winding streets are worth exploring by footLocal markets - Pick up some bargains (depending on your haggling skills) at the famous Jemaa El FnaSights nearby - Visit the famous Saadian TombsSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Villa Dinari 9 rooms from £85Marrakech (Lots Bouzaoui - Commune al Ouidane)
A stylish and modern Moroccan retreat. This property has bundles of character with the added benefits of all the mod cons. Unforgettable meals can be had in the dining room, at the terrace or on your own private patio. There is a large pool, hammam and spa as well as tranquil gardens to explore.Sights nearby - The hotel provides a shuttle service into Marrakech from where you can explore its historic sights.Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Full of character
Palacio de las Especias 7 rooms from £79Marrakech
Named the 'Palace of the Spices' for good reason, food is at the heart of this property and dining is an experience. Enjoy a flavoursome tagine and pastries made by the talented chef; why not have a lesson! Light filled rooms are decorated with antique wood furniture. There is a pool and courtyard.Great walks - Through the manicured La Mamounia gardens and grab a sundowner to quench your thirst.Sights nearby - Go to the Koutoubia Mosque, Marrakech's most iconic place of worship.Local markets - Find a bargain and some treasures at the souks.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of 13 are welcome.
Riad Hikaya 7 rooms from £90Marrakech (Kasbah Medina)
In the medina's royal quarter, the 'Kasbah', the individual and sumptuously decorated rooms of this former palace provide a regal stay. Think coloured silks, statement antiques and ornate tiles. The food is fit for a king plus there is a pool and hammam. Rock the Kasbah, without breaking the bank!Sights nearby - A little older and a little more grand, the Badii Palace is well worth a visit.Local markets - The city's main square, Jemaa al Fnaa, is within walking distance.Swimming Pool - Courtyard poolOpulentRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Riad al Bushra 5 rooms from £79Marrakech (Mouassine)
Intimate newly restored riad in the heart of the Medina. All suite accommodation at very reasonable prices, just a stone's throw from Marrakech's major attractions. Roof terrace and plunge pool for relaxing. Book the whole place and throw a party to remember!Sights nearby - close to royal palaces, and just three minutes walk from the famous Jemaa el Fna Square.Swimming Pool - Small plunge pool
Riad Sapphire & Spa 8 rooms from £94Marrakech (Sidi Ben Slimane)
Brand new stylish riad situated in the heart of the Medina. Eight cool suites offer simple yet elegant furnishings with plenty of local craftmanship on display. Two marble courtyards for relaxing after a day at the souks, roof terrace to soak up mountain views and spa with hammam for pampering.Spa - Private hammam and spaSwimming Pool - Larger than average for a riad in the MedinaSights nearby - Situated in the heart of the MedinaDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Le Riad Berbere 5 rooms from £73Marrakech (Nasser Kaat Benahid)
Elegant, airy riad with minimalist interiors, close to the hub of the medina, sights and markets. Indulgent spa facilities and a relaxing pool, with seating areas on its bright, leafy terraces. Cuisine is traditional, fresh and tasty, and cooking classes can be arranged - a cosy, chic retreat!Local exploring - In Kâat Benahid, within easy walking distance of Maison de la Photographie, Ali Ben Youssef Medersa, Marrakech Museum and souksSights nearby - Go on a morning tour of Marrakech which includes the sweet gardens of Bahia Palace, Koutoubia Tower and the Saadian TombsCooking classes - Guests are offered a delightful food experience with in-house cooking classesLocal markets - There is an abundance of buzzing souks and markets to explore
Palais de L'O 20 rooms from £95Marrakech (Douar Oulad Jallal,)
A quiet hotel in beautiful surroundings with a fabulous spa situated near to the Palmeraie and 15 minutes by car to the Medina. Gorgeous gardens and a stunning pool. Friendly, helpful staff.Swimming Pool - Fabulous Adult pooland a children's pool.Local markets - The Medina in the centre of Marrakech.Spa - Including steam room and Turkish bath.Sights nearby - The Medina in Marrakech.
Dar Seven 5 rooms from £88Marrakech (Kaa Sour 7)
A haven of tranquility this bijou riad is decorated with soft, neutral colours and furnishings. There is no pool, but guests are able to use the nearby Caravan Serai's, free of charge. Lunch and dinner are by arrangement however some of the world's best cuisine is on your doorstep.Local markets - Djemaa El Fna, Marrakech's famous square and main market. A guided tour can be arranged for any of the markets.Sights nearby - Koutoubia Mosque, La Mamounia, Saadian Tombs to name but a fewFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Fellah Hotel 21 rooms from £105Marrakech
Gloriously luxurious Atlas Berber hotel with designer flair, fantastic cuisine, and its own farm. Mountain landscape, beautiful pool, boxing ring, gym, hammam, Franco-Moroccan cuisine. Sumptuous rooms and suites are works of art with all the mod cons. Entirely for the thrill of it!Foodies - Fantastic Franco-Moroccan fare.Romantic BreakLuxurySpa breaksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Riad Akka 5 rooms from £96Marrakech (Riad Zitoun Jdid)
Riad Akka is tucked away on a small alleyway, right in the heart of Marrakech. This stylish spot offers boutique accommodation expertly mixing bold modern design with tradition. Enjoy a range of treatments in the spa! Moroccan cuisine served up in the restaurant. A blissful haven!City Style - Riad Akka offers authentic Marrakech with a stylish twist, think bold colours, Moroccan touches and a modern feelShort fly break - Located just a 15 minute drive away from Marrakech-Menara Airport making it an easy nip away weekendSights nearby - Go see the Place du 16 Novembre, Marrakech Plaza or Bahia PalaceLocal markets - The bustling Marrakech Souk is a must visit!
Les Deux Tours 13 rooms from £97Marrakech (Circuit de la Palmeraie)
A ten minute drive from busy central Marrakech. This property entices you to cool off and transport yourself by the pool in the hotel's lush gardens. Rooms are traditional yet chic and filled with light. Dine at the hotel restaurant or in one of the city's excellent restaurants.ShopsLocal markets - The world famour Jemaa el Fnaa, Marrakech's famous square, where almost anything you could imagine can be foundSights nearby - Hear the call to prayer at Koutoubia MosquePrivate Hot Tub - In the Jacuzzi SuiteRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Adama Resort 57 rooms from £104Marrakech
Adama Resort is tucked away on a six acre park, just a short drive outside Marrakech. The property offers a range of suites and villas decorated in a typically Moroccan fashion. Enjoy wonderful meals at the Les Oliviers Restaurant! Work up a sweat in the yoga or dance classes. Great for families.Groups - With whole Villas for rent and plenty of space to hang out, this is an ideal destination for a group holidayTotal relaxation - Make full use of Adama Resort's extensive spa facilities, lounge by the pool and wander the lovely groundsCooking classes - Adama Resort offers Moroccan cookery classes so you can learn to whip up for favourite dishesSights nearby - Hop on the free shuttle bus into Jamaâ El Fna Square and go sightseeing
Riad Melhoun 7 rooms from £95Marrakech
A stunning riad set in the heart of Marrekesh with a charming courtyard complete with pool. Traditionally dressed rooms are filled with antiques, rich hues and the best have four-posters. Beautifully restored throughout every nook and cranny has another detail to admire. Utterly spoiling!Local exploring - Great central location for exploring the town's museums, souks and palacesSights nearby - Go on a morning tour of Marrakech which includes the sweet gardens of Bahia Palace, Koutoubia Tower and the Saadian TombsLocal markets - There is an abundance of buzzing souks and markets to exploreViews - Stunning rooftop views of the Atlas mountains
Riad BE 10 rooms from £96Marrakech (23 Derb Sidi Massoud)
A stylish and unpretentious riad run by a dynamic duo. Rooms are eclectic yet elegantly designed, filled with colour and artefacts. A courtyard pool surrounded by plants is a tranquil haven. Feast on superb Moroccan cuisine at the restaurant and enjoy easy access to the city.Local exploring - Located in top spot Bab Doukkala, within easy distance of the souks, Djemaa el-Fna and the lively Bab Doukkala marketGreat walks - Leave Marrakech on a day trip to Ourika Valley, a lush oasis of vegetation in the foothills of the magnificent Atlas MountainsCooking classes - Guests are offered a delightful food experience with in-house cooking classes
Villa 55 10 rooms from £110Marrakech (La Palmeraie Bab Atlas)
Luxury boutique hotel in the Palmeraie of Marrakech. The charming rooms are simple and stylish, think white on white with a splash of Moroccan colour. Sit out under the stars and relish the subtle flavours of home grown chemical free ingredients, prepared in the traditional kitchen. Simply magical.Hideaway - 15 minute drive to central Marrakech allows you to escape the rush, while the wealth of amenities means you never have to leave!Cooking classes - Learn how to cook traditional Moroccan food using sustainable and responsible ingredients.Remote - Off the beaten track.Full of character
Tigmi 21 rooms from £113Marrakech (Km 24 Route d'Amizmiz)
Exceptional charm at this small hotel formed from a collection of village dwellings. Open fireplaces, rich silks, shaded courtyards, beautiful gardens,and celestial mountain views serve to create a true sense of wellbeing. The Moroccan chic rooms are comfortable and full of thoughtful touches.Total relaxation - Designed with relaxation in mind find quite corners, meandering paths through stunning gardens and suprise plunge pools.Value chic - Moroccan chic at very affordable rates with lovely pool, charming rooms, stylish interiors and plenty of charm.Local markets - Spend a day in the bustling Marrakesh souks, a delight for all the senses.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Dar Housnia 6 rooms from £114Marrakech (Kaat benahid)
In the heart of the medina, this riad is within easy reach of the city's historic sights. A terracotta tiled sun terrace, complete with plunge pool, enjoys views across the city and the Atlas mountains. A local and continental breakfast can be served here. Luxurious rooms with expansive bathrooms.Sights nearby - The Jemaa-El-Fna square, the Maison de la Photographie and the Ali Ben Youssef Medersa are just a short walk away.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Local markets - Good for local colour.Full of character
Riyad el Cadi 15 rooms from £126Marrakech (Dabachi)
Calm, stylish refuge filled with fine furniture and art. Beautiful white washed patios and roof top sun terrace. A place of tranquility and calm. Its accommodations are well suited for families. A stay in history, amidst history.City Style - Five stunning 14th-century Riads, with enchanting interiors, cool leafy courtyard and tented roofterrace, right in the Medina.Local exploring - Just around the corner from the all-singing, all-dancing, fire-eating, snake-charming, food-vending madness of Djemaa el-Fna.Artworks - Lofty architecture, museum-worthy textiles, historic objects d’art and original frescoed featuresLocal markets - Explore the wonderful and wild souks haggle over an array of textiles, carpets, leatherwork, spices and jewellery.Recommended by - I Escape
Riad Abracadabra 8 rooms from £132Marrakech
A glamourous riad with boutique interiors. All eight suites have an eclectic mix of contemporary white walls and authentic Moroccan decorations, some sleep four. Panoramic cityscape views from the roof terrace, swimming pool, and fabulous Moroccan and Spanish cuisine.City Style - The property oozes understated eleganceSights nearby - Just five minutes from Jemaa el Fna square.Swimming Pool - Rooftop plunge poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Riad Noire d'Ivoire 9 rooms from £150Marrakech
A chic boutique riad in the heart of the Medina. Opulent suites, delightful inner courtyard and pool, top of the range spa and hammam, and fantastic Moroccan cuisine. Luxury rooms and suites have four poster beds, killim rugs, and authentic decoration. Gourmet, romantic, luxurious.LuxuryCity StyleSurfing - A day trip to Essaouira where there are excellent waves.Local markets - In the heart of the Medina there are many souks.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Dar Rhizlane 20 rooms from £152Marrakech (Rue Ibn Oudari)
Located in L’Hivernage, a lively part of town just 2km from Jamaâ El Fna Square. It has a spa, tranquil gardens and a pool. Cuisine is gourmet and there are popular cooking courses on offer. Light filled rooms eschew Moroccan glitz for simple luxury. All have modern bathrooms and private terraces.Local markets - Vendors may drive a hard bargain but there are some gems to be found if you enjoy haggling!Great walks - Through the tranquil Jardin Majorelle. Check calendar for exhibition details.Sights nearby - The Koutoubia Mosque, Saadian Tombs and Bab Agnaou are within easy reach.Restrictions on children - Young children not permitted.Recommended by - Tablet
Riad Kheirredine 11 rooms from £123Marrakech (Slimane)
A sumptuous riad merging contemporary and traditional design to great effect. Terraces spill over with plants, the walls are white washed and there's two pools, as well as a restaurant serving delicious Italian-Moroccan cuisine. The top-notch service will be sure to leave you feeling very pampered!Local exploring - Within easy driving distance to the hub of the medinaGreat walks - Leave Marrakech on a day trip to Ourika Valley, a lush oasis of vegetation in the foothills of the magnificent Atlas MountainsLocal markets - There is an abundance of buzzing souks and markets to explore
Riad Kaiss 9 rooms from £140Marrakech (Riad Zitoun Kedim)
Magnificent, traditional riad in the Medina with easy access to the historic sites. Stunning rooms with exquisite touches, sun-drenched roof-tops, peace, calm and beauty.ChicCity StyleSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.
Riad Adore 10 rooms from £124Dar el Bacha, Marrakech Medina
A truly elegant riad in a superb central location mere minutes from the Souk Cherifia. Rooms are airy and bright with sumptuous furnishings and balconies. The restaurant offers an exciting menu and there's an honesty bar, a micro-spa and hammam to boot. A real delight!Local exploring - The souks, medina and main square are all easily accessed from the propertyMassage - Massage, hammam and beauty treatments availableLocal markets - There is an abundance of buzzing souks and markets to explore
Riad Les Yeux Bleus 8 rooms from £149Marrakech
Charming unpretentious riad, located in the Bab Doukkala district, ten minutes walk from Djemaa el Fna and the centre. Individually designed rooms are small but beautiful. Plus there's a roof terrace and two small plunge pools for cooling off. Ideal for those seeking peace and quiet.Local exploring - Just inside the medina walls in the Bab Doukkala neighbourhood, right in the center of he action for explorers.Cooking classes - Ask at the hotel about nearby cooking classes, there are plenty of great ones in the area!Local markets - Djemaa El Fna square is only a ten minute walk and is the main market of Marrakech.Sights nearby - Bahia Palace and Conference Palace are both nearby.
Riad Joya from £179Marrakech (Derb El Hammam 26/27)
This recently restored riad is a breath of fresh air amidst the melange of Marrakech's medina. This property is light and bright with modern furnishings, made of natural materials and maintaining their Moroccan heritage. There is a roof terrance, spa and restaurant serving local and European food.Sights nearby - Hear call to prayer at Koutoubia Mosque or visit the ancient sight of the Saadian Tombs.Great walks - Through the 12 acres of the Majorelle Botanical Gardens.Local markets - Marrakech's souks should be braved and explored.OpulentRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Riad Tarabel 10 rooms from £167Quartier Dar El Bacha Marrakech Médina
Spacious and elegant, this colonial style riad is utterly tranquil yet set in the bustling historic centre. Find French antique pieces scattered throughout the property set besides traditional Moroccan works. Feast on regional classics in the roof top restaurant. Perfectly placed for city exploring.City Style - An elegant colonial-style riad filled with French antiques.Local markets - Situated amidst the Medina, step out of the hotel and scour the souk for treasures.Sights nearby - Just a short walk from the royal palace, Dar el Bacha.Great walks - Take a stroll around the beautiful Jardin Majorelle.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Dar Zemora 6 rooms from £195Marrakech
Understated luxury in the Palmeraie a short drive from the medina that will appeal to couples and small groups seeking poolside peace in a beautiful garden location. Ideal for completely unwinding.Country Escape - A totally tranquil property near the bustling city of Marrakesh making it the ideal place to relax after a days explorationRomantic Break - A romantic haven, with lavish fourposter beds, incredible six-course dinners and lush gardens for strolling hand in hand.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor poolsFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Berber Lodge 12 rooms from £153Marrakech (Route du Barrage)
A paired-down yet stylish country lodge just outside Marrakech in the foothills of the Atlas mountains. Inspired by a Berber village the interiors are undeniably cool. Earth bricks sit against exposed beams, the palate is natural and the fabrics traditional. A tranquil base to explore from.Hideaway - A charming, unpretentious place, affording guests an old-fashioned style rural retreatSights nearby - Marrakech and all it has to offer is a mere 12 miles away, and there is a good choice of pretty wildlife sights to visit nearbyGreat walks - There are some beautiful trails in the area for guests to take in the stunning surroundings of the Atlas foothillsLocal markets - Situated just outside the village of Oumnass, which has little markets to explore on certain days
Dar Ayniwen 8 rooms from £175Palmeraie de Marrakech
An exclusive and romantic haven amidst tranquil gardens and only a short drive from the centre of Marrakech – the perfect place to relax and enjoy a dash of opulence.Cooking classes - Free cookery classes for hotel guests!Romantic - Good for couples.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Riad Jaaneman 5 rooms from £175Marrakech
A highly luxurious boutique Riad in the Medina. Romantic chic suites, some with four poster beds, have marble floors, photographs on the walls, delicate Italian bedding, enormous bathrooms, and balconies with views towards the Atlas mountains. Glorious courtyard and roof terrace. A stylish haven.City StyleRomantic BreakSights nearby - Situated in the heart of the medina, a stone's throw from the souks and the Dar el Bacha PalaceViews - Wonderful views of the Dar el Bacha Palace over to the Atlas Mountains
La Maison Arabe 26 rooms from £182Marrakech (Bab Doukkala)
Iconic restaurant turned luxury hotel, in the Medina of Marrakech. The decor is a sublime combination of traditional Moroccan craftsmanship and smart European style. Every detail sings charm, old-school elegance, and history.LuxuryRestaurant - Recommended.Local markets - Ten minutes from Jamaâ El Fna Squarem, with plenty of smaller souks nearby.Great walks - Head out to Majorelle Gardens for a peaceful stroll.
Villa des Orangers 6 rooms from £223Marrakech (Place Ben Tachfine)
Smart French-owned hotel with authentic Moroccan decoration. Sophisticated rooms with rich Moroccan-style wooden furnishings, beautiful and luxurious hammam, and inner courtyards for relaxing. A destination for wellbeing and pampering.Great walks - Wander around the Djemaa el Fna bursting with fire breathers, snake charmers, belly dancers and street vendors.Spa breaks - The lavish spa treatments are professional and totally spoiling, nevermind the Hamamm and multipile pools.City Style - An elegant Riad, minutes from the main attractions, with an exclusive feel and first rate amenities.LuxuryRecommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Riad Farnatchi 9 rooms from £225Marrakech (Rue Souk el Fassis)
An elegant luxury riad right in the heart of Marrakech. The chic airy suites feel spoiling and romantic, with private balconies, Egyptian cotton sheets and handmade furnishings. Traditional white marble hammam is an ideal way to unwind after a day in the Souks. A really exquisite and intimate spot.Local markets - Just ten mins from Jemaâ El Fna Square.Cooking classes - There are a whole range of classes available from extensive courses to a day in the market followed by learning a dish or two.Great walks - Guided tours to help you uncover the history of Marrakech, get your bearings in the souks or even find the perfect carpet.Sights nearby - 2 min walk from the souksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Riad Enija 15 rooms from £202Marrakech
A 280-year old palace right in the middle of the medina now under Swiss/Swedish ownership offers lavish rooms and suites for couples who want something sedately luxurious and central within the medina. Plenty of space indoors and out and excellent food and service. No keys, TVs or minibars.Honeymoons - Wonderful suites.Spa - In-room treatments available.Romantic - Good for couples.TraditionalRecommended by - I Escape
Riyad Al Moussika 5 rooms from £202Marrakech (Kennaria)
Opulence and gastronomy come together in this impressive restaurant guesthouse, once one of the residences of Lord of the Atlas, with five remarkable rooms. For couples and solo travellers who want to experience a slice of historical splendour in the middle of the medina.Great walks - Explore The Medina's famously rabbit warren-esq streets, be sure to bring a hotel card as getting lost is all part of it!Local markets - Just five minutes from Jamâa El Fna Sqaure where you can find killer bargains, or simply observe the hustle and bustle.Sights nearby - Explore the magnificent Bahia Palace and Gardens, orginally built by a slave who rose to be grand vizier.Swimming Pool - Courtyard poolRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Les Cinq Djellabas 10 rooms from £202Marrakech (Annakhil)
A haven in the heat of Marrakech. Ten African eco-lodges sprawling through an acre of garden. Combining contemporary design and a hint of traditional Moroccan craftsmanship. Absolute barefoot luxury and wellbeing in a private setting. The ideal relaxation spot for couples.Total relaxation - A quiet, idyllic spotSecluded setting - but within easy reach of the MedinaSwimming Pool - Heated Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
El Fenn 28 rooms from £219Marrakech
Unique understated bohemian hipness meets flawless service in this sprawling interlinked 5-riad strong hotel owned by Vanessa Branson, on the edge of the Marrakech medina. Lounge out in one of the vast colourful suites, 7000 ft roof terrace or hip rooftop restaurant with views of the Atlas MountainsHoneymoons - Stunning suites and spectacular views, spa treatments and belly dancers plus unbeatable food- what more could you want?Chic - An arty riad filled with British modern art and Moroccan collectables.Roof terrace - Magical views at night.WellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
la sultana 28 rooms from £269Marrakech (Kasbah)
A bijou five star property comprising of just a handful of rooms yet set in the opulent surrounds of a converted palace. Enormous rooms are traditional in style with mosaics, fireplaces and antique furniture. A spoiling spa and hammam will ease away any stress. Highly recommended.City Style - A regal experience in this gorgeously renovated palace.Sights nearby - The famous Jemaa El Fna square, Saadian Tombs, Royal Palaces and Bahia Palace are all within walking distance.Cooking classes - Spend a morning with the hotel chef and learn the secrets of Moroccan cuisine.Local markets - Explore Marrakesh's enormous souk and hunt for a treasure.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
Mosaic Palais Aziza 28 rooms from £237Marrakech (Commune J'Nanate)
A romantic, secluded hotel that’s ideal for couples who want to steer clear of the chaotic Medina. Luxurious, yet charming, this retreat offers a fusion of contemporary comforts and traditional Moroccan décor. The pool, spa & two on-site restaurants offer the perfect spot for ultimate relaxation.Sights nearby - Just 10 minutes from medinaSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpa - And hammamLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Riad Siwan 7 rooms from £217Marrakech (Riad Zitoun Jdid,)
A beautiful riad that has aced the combination of traditional beauty and contemporary luxuries. Expect mosaics, exquisitely carved woodwork and grand high ceilings. The restaurant serves particularly good and creative Moroccan fare. Indulgent, intricate and utterly fabulous!Local exploring - Well-located between the Djemaa el Fna and the Kasbah, a short walk from Bahia Palace, the Badi Palace and the Saadian TombsDesigner - In the dining room an installation of 440 hand-blown droplets falls from the sky like a column of crystal rain, a magical effectRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Les Jardins de la Medina 36 rooms from £291Marrakech (Kasbah)
Les Jardins de la Medina enjoys a superb location in Marrakesh's bustling centre. Stay in a range of spacious, bright and airy boutique bedrooms, relax with a drink in the garden or a refreshing dip in the pool! Learn all about Moroccan cuisine in the cookery school. A truly magical city stay!Local exploring - Les Jardins de la Medina is a stunning leafy property nestled in the ancient royal quarter of the medina.Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, great food and a top location-a splendid choice for a romantic getaway!Sights nearby - Go visit the Saadian Tombs, El Badi Palace and the Moulay El Yazid MosqueGreat walks - Stroll through the city getting a feel for its unique atmosphere
Riad Camilia 6 rooms from £230Marrakech (derb chemaa (el qadi))
A luxurious, traditional styled haven in the heart of the city. Tastefully decorated rooms all have their own character offering a good mix of original feautures with contemporary flare. Cuisine is a lovingly prepared Franco-Moroccan fusion and there are many cosy nooks to curl up with a good book!Local exploring - From here it’s a 5 minute walk to the Rahba Kedima spice souk, the Marrakech Museum and the Medersa Ben YoussefViews - At the top, a large tree-lined terrace gives exceptional views of the Atlas Mountains and the medina
L'Hotel Marrakech 5 rooms from £256Marrakech
An impeccably designed 5-suite riad with wonderfully lush gardens and pool. The sublime suites feature four posters, intricately carved furniture and egyptian cotton sheets. Refurbished and designed by owner Jasper Conran it comes as no surprise that this place exudes luxury and style.Hideaway - A luxury riad hidden away from the city noise, ideal for total escapismDesigner - The unifying factor is owner Jasper Conran’s exquisite taste, and an unfailing eye for first-rate traditional craftsmanshipLocal markets - The Medina is a great place for those interested in markets, street markets and shopping, with lots of souks to explore alsoSights nearby - A 5-minute drive from Majorelle Garden and a 15-minute walk from Djemaa El Fna squareRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Ksar Char Bagh 13 rooms from £307Marrakech (La Palmeraie BP 2449)
A beautiful Moorish palace, in the Palmeraie scrub-land. The elegant suites marry phenomenal attention to detail with Moroccan chic and European style. The tranquil gardens, luxurious hammam and mouthwatering cuisine make this a fairy-tale honeymoon retreat you'll never want to leave.Honeymoons - A private a and tranquil palace, with romantic suites, candlelight dinners and plenty of grounds to explore.Spa breaks - A wonderful hammam for the unique spa experience.Swimming Pool - Luxurious outdoor poolArchitectural - Moorish palace.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Palais Namaskar 41 rooms from £414Marrakech (Province Syba)
A luxury property sat on the outskirts of Marrakesh giving easy access to both the city and its surrounds. Contemporary rooms are enormous and boast large glass walls giving lovely views of the gardens. Boasting a spoiling spa and a choice selection of restaurants and bars. Superb.Local exploring - A tranquil city base with easy access to all its attractions.Local markets - Explore Marrakesh's famed souk and haggle for a host of treasures.Romantic - Good for couples.Spa
Maison MK 6 rooms from £408Marrakech
A fabulously relaxing and romantic retreat in a frenetic city. Subtly lit rooms with neutral tones and sensual shapes. Sensational food, fantastic hammam, and wonderful roof top terrace. Truly luxurious.Honeymoons - Honeymoon heaven, with a bottle of bubbly on arrival, romantic rooftop terrace, pampering spa and private dining options.Foodies - Spectacular Moroccan-French fusion- the five course tasting menu with rooftop drinks and canape reception, is a MUST!Great walks - Wander the streets of the old city, watch a snake charmer, bargain for some goods, and most importantly get lost!Cooking classes - With two courses- one hardcore cooking, the other includes an interesting visit to the local market.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Amanjena 39 rooms from £604Marrakech (km 12)
World famous luxury hotel. This tranquil retreat pays homage to North Africa's stark beauty - sun-paled red walls, rose strewn fountains. Pavilion style rooms with proportions worthy of a Pasha. The spa that goes above and beyond. A 'peaceful paradise' that breathes romance and beauty.Romantic Break - Think king-sized beds beneath up-lit Venetian stuc domes and private dining in your softly lit dining hall.Total relaxation - Lounge by one of the many pools, indulge in candlelit oil massages and sessions in the Hammam.Sights nearby - Situated near Marrakech the red-walled former fortress crisscrossed by narrow lanes.Great walks - Stroll aorund the lovely lush gardens, a haven for birds and butterflies.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Royal Mansour 53 rooms from £877Marrakech (RUE ABOU ABBAS EL SEBTI)
A collection of 53 opulent riads commissioned by King Mohammed VI. Set in a quiet Moorish garden yet just minutes from the heart of the city. Find no luxury spared in the private villas decorated with geometric mosaic, carved cedar wood, stained glass and silk carpets. Utterly spoiling.Total relaxation - Be completely spoilt in this uber luxurious property set in lovely Moorish gardens.Spa breaks - Book one of the spa suites for some pure indulgence.Local markets - Explore Marrakesh's lively souk and find anything from leather to spices.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Bahia Palace and famed Djemaa El Fna square.