Search the best hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh packs a lot in to its small footprint. Basically it’s hilly, historic and deeply beautiful, and even our most central picks for the best places to stay in Edinburgh will see you walking up and down a lot. The selection of accommodation in this city is wide. You'll find everything from cheap and cheerful hostels, through average big chain options to chic little guesthouses and five star luxury city hotels. We favour the smaller independent properties, and we've even tracked down a lovely old lighthouse tender, which has been converted to a stunning floating hotel in the heart of Leith.
Some of our Edinburgh Collections:
- Best Family Hotels in Edinburgh
- Best Luxury Hotels in Edinburgh
- Best Boutique Hotels in Edinburgh
- Best Edinburgh Hotels with Pools
- Best B&Bs in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is a city of many differing faces from the Old and New Towns, through to trendy Stockbridge and edgy Leith. Our neighbourhood guide will help you choose the best area for your stay, especially if this is your first trip to the city.
This city is a hugely popular destination year round, but come August it's Festival season and it's almost impossible to move here! So if you want to be part of the festival fun and book one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh, you'll need to plan well ahead to avoid disappointment!
The Best Places to Stay in Edinburgh
For a memorable stay
- The Dunstane Houses are two stately Victorian townhouses, on opposite sides of the road, in a peaceful corner of the West End. Combined they make a 35 room boutique hotel, with individually decorated rooms and suites featuring a luxurious array of original details and modern conveniences, including Nespresso machines and Roberts digital radios, and some with four-poster beds and stand-alone copper baths. There’s a very nice bar and restaurant specialising in local Scottish produce from small suppliers. Stylish and welcoming, they also have family suites.
- The Fingal is a retired lighthouse tender turned luxury, 23 room hotel, and now anchored in the hip area of Leith. Cabins range from classic doubles to decadent suites. The design is luxurious with brass fittings, leather, and rich hues. A glamorous ballroom is ideal for a party and there's a fabulous little restaurant too. She's now part of the Royal Yacht Britannia trust, and is Scotland's first luxury floating hotel.
- The Balmoral is a large, and typically historic Edinburgh hotel, which began life as the railway hotel, sitting right beside Waverley Station, in between the Old and New Towns. Olga Polizzi is responsible for the decor and its understated, but with plenty of variety and sophistication amongst the 168 rooms and suites, and many of them have excellent city views as well. There’s a choice of restaurants, and one of them has a Michelin star, or you could eat out and return for a nightcap in the Palm Court bar, or the whisky bar.
The Best Hotels on The Royal Mile
- You can’t get much closer to the action than The Inn on The Mile, a bar with kitchen, and nine room hotel on the Royal Mile, opposite the Tron Kirk, where the South Bridge meets the High Street, just five minutes stroll from the castle. Sit outside and watch the traffic pass up and down the Mile, or enjoy the live music and food indoors. The rooms are chic, offering complimentary mineral water and chocolate-dipped strawberries, bathrobes, slippers and tea and coffee. The ‘Royal Mile’ rooms are the larger ones with the views.
For the New Town
- Twelve Picardy Place is a ten room hotel converted from a beautiful Georgian townhouse close to Carlton Hill. The decor is cool and contemporary, with wall-sized photo murals and a grey colour palette, and there’s a trendy cocktail bar and award-winning steakhouse.
- Small and stylish, The Rutland is a 12 room hotel on Princes Street opposite the end of the Princes Street Gardens. Each of the rooms are individually decorated, but they’re all large and elegant. Some are more colourful than others, so it’s worth checking out them all. It also has a gourmet steak restaurant and a swanky bar and nightclub.
For a City Break Hotel
- Formerly the headquarters for The Scotsman newspaper, the The Scotsman building is historic and well positioned, with views of Edinburgh Castle. So it’s ideal if you want to be in the thick of things. Inside there are 59 very elegant rooms and suites, decorated in pale neutrals, with pale wood panelling. Plus they have a spa and gym, and family suites.
- Le Monde is a converted townhouse just one block back from Princes Street in the New Town, close to the National Gallery. There are only 18 rooms and suites to this chic hotel, individually decorated in a range of contemporary styles and colours, named and styled after global cities, but there are also three bars and two restaruants, and one nightclub. The cocktails are great and the vibe is fun.
- Almost directly across the road from Le Monde is The George, a large and grand-looking hotel, with 249 sleek, contemporary rooms and suites. Now a listed building, this hotel was created using a row of five townhouses, and many period style details have been included in the new design, including parquet floors, stucco folderols and plenty of marble. The bar and restaurant are elegant too, and the bar stays open until 1am. We like the roof terrace too.
Edinburgh's Most Romantic Hotels
- Small and intimate, 21212 is a Michelin-starred restaurant with just four elegant guest rooms. It’s close to Holyrood, and Carlton Hill, but still only ten or 15 minutes walk from the castle. Aside from the food, we love the small size of this place, even the restaurant is on the small side, so one feels very cocooned, like a guest at a luxurious house party with a short invitation list.
- In a prime position at the top end of the Royal Mile close to Edinburgh Castle, and offering a combination of intimacy and Gothic decadence, it’s hard to find somewhere more memorable to stay in Edinburgh than the Witchery by the Castle. The nine rooms that now occupy this 16th century building are theatrically opulent, with gilded ceilings over four-poster beds, oil paintings over wood panelling, candlelight and swathes of jewel-coloured velvet. The restaurant is known for its Scottish cuisine and for its atmosphere.
- Surrounded by 20 acres of private parkland, Prestonfield feels more like a country house hotel than a city central one, but this opulent manor house conversion is just five minutes from the Holyrood Palace end of the Royal Mile. Inside are 23 rooms and suites, many of which are among the most romantic in Edinburgh, with their canopied beds, heavy drapes, rich fabrics, antiques and roaring fires. There’s a fine dining restaurant too. And nothing is too much trouble for the concierge at Prestonfield, balloon flights over the area included.
- Close to the Palace of Holyrood end of the Royal Mile, about 15 minutes from the castle, Six Brunton Place is a superb, 22 room hotel in a carefully converted Edwardian mansion. The rooms and suites are all unique, decorated with style and simplicity, showcasing artworks and the various rooms' original features.
- The Chester Residence is a cosy collection of 19 rooms and suites on a quiet street in Edinburgh’s West End. They’ve a resident family of soft toys to please their youngest guests, and plenty of space, an elegant colour scheme and plenty of upmarket details to make it easier on the older ones too. The apartments are best for families, and they all have well set up open plan kitchens, leather sofas and armchairs, and bookshelves stacked with Ian Rankin’s Edinburgh crime novels, and J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potters. One of them even has a private garden.
Some of Edinburgh's Best B&Bs
- 23 Mayfield is an elegant, five star B&B in a beautiful Victorian building. There are only seven rooms, some with four poster beds, and all with wood panelling, fireplaces and big bathtubs. They serve an excellent breakfast and there’s a lovely garden. The location isn’t super central, but it’s a really charming place to stay.
- The Hedges is a five room B&B in a charming Edwardian townhouse just a short stroll from Carlton Hill and Holyrood. It’s simple, affordable and the owners are also the managers, so you’ll get plenty of local recommendations if you need them.
For great value
- The GPO Cafe and Rooms is a smart, affordable hotel in the trendy port district of Leith. It was once a post office, but now only the name and red door remains.The interiors are unfussy and contemporary, with bright, larger than average rooms with high ceilings and tall windows that let in lots of light. The artisanal cafe is a real draw, and central Edinburgh is just a short bus ride away.
- B+B Edinburgh is a roomy, 27 room B&B in the West End, which has the feel of a private club or boutique hotel. It’s awash with Victorian details, and luxurious touches, but it’s still really affordable, especially when you consider that breakfast is included and the location is so central.
- Nira Caledonia is a 28 room boutique hotel within a magnificent row of Georgian townhouses in Stockbridge, which is close to the botanic gardens and the Stockbridge Farmers Market. The rooms vary in size and style, but they’re all chic and comfortable, with spacious ensuite bathrooms. There’s also a superb restaurant
Prefer a self-catering Apartment?
- If you’d prefer to stay in a city centre apartment, we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Edinburgh International Airport has links to over 130 different destinations and is about an hour’s flight from London. However Scot Rail’s Caledonian Sleeper is probably the most romantic way to arrive. You get into Waverley Station, which is also well connected to other UK wide destinations. Obviously alternative trains are also a good option.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in Edinburgh and you want to see the surrounding area - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Edinburgh is busy over August for the Festival and the Fringe, and over Christmas and New year for Hogmanay, but the space in between is quiet and still pleasant weatherise. Alternatively June and July are also popular. Of course if you’re here for the events then book well ahead!
Still not sure which to book?
- You could refine your search to the 6 Best Hotels in Edinburgh's West End?
- Or the 10 Best Hotels in Edinburgh's New Town? or the 5 Best Hotels in Edinburgh's Old Town? or the 5 Best Hotels on the Royal Mile?
- Or perhaps you'll find find something in our Ultimate Guide to the best hotels in Scotland?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Edinburgh
Best Hotels in Edinburgh
The Dunstane Houses Edinburgh 35 rooms from CA$277Exclusive offer - 10% off City BreakSights nearby - Easy access to all of Edinburgh's top attractions including the Royal Mile, Old Town and Prince's StreetGreat walks - Climb Arthur's seat for a great view over the city and beyond.Designer - Uniquely designed interiorsQuirky - A unique experienceRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith
In a peaceful corner of Edinburgh’s West End, a short walk from Haymarket and 15 minutes’ drive from Edinburgh airport, The Dunstane Houses is an independent, 5 star VisitScotland 35-bedroom boutique hotel spread over two stately Victorian townhouses on opposite sides of the road. See More
GPO Café and Rooms Edinburgh 12 rooms from CA$93Local exploring - Well located in the hip port district of Leith, offering plenty to explore locally and easy access to the city centreLess £ - Extremely good value accommodation in Edinburgh. Simple but comfortableSights nearby - Take a tour of the Royal Yacht Britannia, just a stroll away from the propertyTraditional
A smart, affordable hotel in the trendy port district of Leith. Once a post office, now only the red door remains as a reminder of its past. Interiors are unfussy and contemporary with bright rooms that are larger than average. The artisanal cafe and easy city centre access are a real draw. See More
Brooks Edinburgh Edinburgh 46 rooms from CA$99Local exploring - Well located in Edinburgh's West End, just a 10 min walk from the Old Town and five mins from Haymarket StationValue chic - Clean, comfortable accommodation at extremely affordable pricesLess £ - Elegant central Edinburgh B&B that won't break the bankSights nearby - Easy walk to the sights; both Old and New Towns are a short stroll from Brooks
B+B Edinburgh Edinburgh 27 rooms from CA$126Local exploring - With its excellent central location and attractive price tag, B+B Edinburgh makes a great choice for a budget city breakLess £ - With double rooms starting from well under £100 per night, B+B Edinburgh is a very affordable optionSights nearby - The property is a short walk (or bus/tram ride) from Edinburgh highlights including the castle and Royal MileViews - Many of the rooms boasts fabulous views over the city
Albyn Townhouse Edinburgh 5 rooms from CA$132Local exploring - Although it's not centrally location Albyn Townhouse is a great base for exploring the cityGreat walks - Go for a lovely walk through the Meadows and up Arthur's Seat.Sights nearby - Go and visit the iconic Edinburgh Castle.
The Hedges Edinburgh 5 rooms from CA$135Great walks - Taking a stroll through Edinburgh must be one of the most picturesque city walks in the world.Local markets - Wander down to Stockbridge and go to the weekend market.Sights nearby - Walk up the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle.
94 DR Edinburgh 7 rooms from CA$135Families - The family suite comes complete with bunk room, Xbox, toy chest and DVD player!Value chic - Beautifully done contemporary rooms which offer amazing value for moneyBoutique - Individually designed rooms offer contemporary style alongside period Victorian featuresViews - Some of the rooms boast excellent views of Arthur's Seat and Salisbury CraggsRecommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide
The Murrayfield Hotel & House Edinburgh 9 rooms from CA$137Romantic Break - This Victorian villa feautures elegant, romantic interiors perfect for a couple's getawaySights nearby - Within easy distance of Edinburgh's top sights such as the Old Town, the Royal Mile and Prince's StreetGreat walks - Take a stroll through the picturesque Meadows just off Edinburgh University's central campusRomantic - Good for couples.
Elegant Victorian townhouse hotel with an outdoor terrace and a fine dining restaurant. Stylish interiors feature sophisticated furniture and plush fabrics, while sumptuous rooms have a serene palette of creams and tastefully framed pictures. A relaxed west-end base slightly removed from the buzz. See More
Dakota Edinburgh Edinburgh (South Queensferry) 182 rooms from CA$138Value chic - Find style and luxury all at a very reasonable rate.Sailing - Embark on a scenic wildlife and island cruise on the River Forth.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby historic Hopetoun House.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A slick hotel providing contemporary accommodation, fine dining and excellent service all at exceptionally good rates. Rooms are grown-up with dark hues, wide-screen TVs and luxury bathrooms. A small gym and executive lounge provide evening entertainment. Ideal for businessmen and travellers alike. See More
Malmaison Edinburgh Edinburgh (Leith) 100 rooms from CA$143City Style - With its trade-mark contemporary chic rooms and suites, all with rolltop baths, this is a smart city baseSights nearby - The Royal Yacht Britannia is five mins away or hop on a bus and it's only 15 minutes from the Royal MileLively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
The Lane Edinburgh 6 rooms from CA$152Restaurant - Though not in the same building the Canny Man's is just around the corner and is renowned for its seafoodGreat walks - Climb Edinburgh's iconic Arthur's Seat.Sights nearby - Visit Edinburgh's world famous castle.Restrictions on children - This is an adults only property
Antler Guest House Edinburgh 2 rooms from CA$152Local exploring - The ideal base to return to after a weekend of exploring Scotland's capital.Value chic - A great value option situated in Edinburgh's up and coming Leith district.Sights nearby - Twenty minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle.
Nira Caledonia Edinburgh 28 rooms from CA$160Great walks - Go for a lovely walk in the nearby Royal Botanic Garden.Local markets - On Sundays, visit Stockbridge Farmers Market.Sights nearby - Visit the iconic Edinburgh Castle.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Nira Caledonia is situated within a magnificent row of Georgian townhouses and is a luxurious boutique hotel. Elegantly designed rooms are chic and comfortable with spacious ensuite bathrooms. The superb restaurant serves delicious cuisine that focuses on local and organic produce. See More
21212 Edinburgh 4 rooms from CA$160Foodies - Paul Kitching's michelin starred 21212 is one of Edinburgh's finest restaurants.Local exploring - Perfect for a weekend of exploring Scotland's capital.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from the Royal Mile and Edinburgh castle.Great walks - Excellent walking around the nearby Carlton Hill.
Orocco Pier Edinburgh (SouthQueensferry, West Lothian) 17 rooms from CA$162Local exploring - A chic hotel with lovely views of the bridges and easy access to Edinburgh and it's many attractions.Great walks - Take scenic walks along the coast and through the Dalmeny Estate.Sights nearby - The majestic Edinbrugh Castle is a must visit.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A stylishly renovated Inn offering spectacular views of the coast and the Firth of Forth. Light and airy rooms benefit from large sash windows and are simply dressed with light hues and pops of colour. With a superb restaurant and ideally placed for both the airport and easy access to the city. See More
Eden Locke Edinburgh 72 rooms from CA$165Local exploring - Centrally located close to Edinburgh's best bars and restaurants and in easy distance to many sights, ideal for city exploringSights nearby - Head to Edinburgh Castle just around the corner from the hotelCooking classes - Partake in one of the cooking courses arranged by the hotelGreat walks - Go on a gentle hike up Arthur's Seat for magnificent viewsRecommended by - CN Traveller
A central hotel set in a historic building comprising of exquisitely designed apartments. The decor is undeniably hip, featuring a fresh palette, an array of potted plants and Scandi-cool furniture. An artisanal cafe is the perfect spot to pop into at any time of the day. A real gem. See More
The Edinburgh Residence Edinburgh 29 rooms from CA$167Families - Townhouse suites can sleep up to four and have kitchenettes for those who want to stay inLocal exploring - A great launchpad to explore the stunning streets of Scotland's capital.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile.Views - Great views across Dean Village from the Drawing Room
The Bonham Edinburgh 48 rooms from CA$169Local exploring - Situated in Edinburgh's vibrant West End so ideally located for exploring the whole citySights nearby - All of Edinburgh's highlights are easily accessible whether on foot or public transportFull of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
No. 11 Edinburgh 10 rooms from CA$169Foodies - No 11's Brasserie is award winning. They forage for fungi & herbs and source other ingredients from local artisan suppliers.Sights nearby - Walk up the Royal Mile to the magnificent Edinburgh Castle.Great walks - Go for a walk up Calton Hill.Full of character
Stylish and sleek, No. 11 in Edinburgh's New Town is an exemplary restaurant with rooms. The ten elegantly designed and tastefully furnished rooms are spacious and luxurious. Just a short walk from the heart of Edinburgh, it's perfect for a romantic break in Scotland's capital. See More
Hotel du Vin Edinburgh Edinburgh 47 rooms from CA$177Local exploring - Superb central location in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town meaning all its highlights are close byCity Style - You can expect Egyptian cotton linens, sleigh beds, monsoon rain showers and much moreSights nearby - Situated just off the Royal Mile bang in between Holyrood Palace and Edinburgh CastleRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Lord Lyons Chambers Edinburgh from CA$182Groups - This centrally located, luxury self-catering accommodation is ideal for groups of friends or couplesSights nearby - Go for a walk around Edinburgh's legendary old town district just around the cornerGreat walks - Go for a leisurely stroll in the Meadows just off the Edinburgh University campusRomantic - Good for couples.
These smart self-catering apartments feature light-filled interiors with elegant parquet floors and stylish yet homely contemporary furniture. Rooms have a chic palette of greys and whites, with king size beds and great tiling in the bathrooms. A discerning choice for sophisticated travellers. See More
Carberry Tower Edinburgh (Near Musselburgh) 30 rooms from CA$189Country Escape - A rural escape of grand proportions - an imposing 15th century mansion set in glorious parkland.Sights nearby - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Edinburgh Castle.Full of characterOpulent
A stunning mansion and estate perfectly positioned just outside Edinburgh. Elegant rooms are spacious and individually styled. Pick a suite and enjoy four posters, chandeliers and open fireplaces. An exemplary bistro and sumptuous private dinners are on offer. A spoiling country escape. See More
The Bridge Inn Edinburgh (Ratho) 4 rooms from CA$194Foodies - The award winning gastro pub serves exemplary food using locally sourced produce.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Edinburgh Castle and admire the city views from atop.Great walks - Take scenic walks along the canal.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A delightful village Inn set in a picturesque canal side spot in a quiet village just outside Edinburgh. The four rooms are perfectly styled producing an elegant yet cosy feel. The food is what this place is all about with delicious seasonal produce and innovative cooking. See More
Barony House Edinburgh 5 rooms from CA$197Local exploring - A great base for exploring Edinburgh as well as the surrounding area.Great walks - Go for a walk up Arthur's Seat and through Holyrood Park.Sights nearby - Stroll up the Royal Mile to the iconic Edinburgh Castle.Full of character
Just a short stroll from Arthur's Seat, Barony House is a delightful B&B. The rooms have magnificent ornate beds that offer a great combination of character and comfort. A superb Edinburgh base for people looking for somewhere quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the centre. See More
The George Edinburgh 249 rooms from CA$202Romantic Break - Luxuriously decked out rooms, superb restaurant and bar, plus excellent central location, make it great for a romantic getawayFamilies - Interconnecting rooms, welcome gifts, kids menus - just some of the perks for familiesCity Style - Sophisticated, elegant and stylish a chic city centre optionSights nearby - Just ten minute walk from the magnificent Edinburgh Castle.
The personification of opulence, The George combines grand luxury with a modern sleekness to create a superb hotel right in the centre of Edinburgh. Its location is unbeatable with all of the city's main attractions a short walk away. Perfect for an indulgent weekend in Edinburgh. See More
The Glasshouse, Edinburgh Edinburgh 65 rooms from CA$202Sit-out TerraceDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Frommers, Michelin Travel
Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh (Ingliston) 83 rooms from CA$202Families - There's a wide range of accommodation options, plus fab swimming pool & plenty of choice for kids on the menusBusiness Hotel - Great for business travellers as it's only 2 miles from Edinburgh AirportSights nearby - A short bus ride from all of Edinburgh's major attractionsSwimming Pool - 18 metre heated pool
Abercorn Guest house Edinburgh (Portobello) 6 rooms from CA$202Local exploring - A charming city base with easy access to the main attractions and hosts with an extensive knowledge of the area.Families - The large family room can accommodate up to fiveSights nearby - Take a tour of the Royal Yacht Britannia, a ship that has played host to some of the most famous people in the world.Full of character
A charming family-run guesthouse boasting a fantastic coastal location. Traditionally dressed throughout, expect floral patterns, soft hues and antiques. Breakfasts are not taken lightly with both a continental and Scottish serving which includes haggis. A delightful spot to explore the city from. See More
Twelve Picardy Place Edinburgh 10 rooms from CA$204City Style - A chic hotel in a beautiful Georgian townhouse, with a cool contemporary rooms, a Bier Keller and sleek steakhouse.Writing a novel - Draw inspiration from stayng in the very building that the literary giant Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was born in!Great walks - Centrally located, this hotel is perfect for exploring this beautiful and historic city on foot.Lively - Hip and happening.
An ultra-chic boutique property in Edinburgh's buzzy Broughton district. Spacious rooms and suites are done in muted grey hues and come with either huge bath tubs or rain showers as standard, and tall windows for maximum light. Award winning steak restaurant and Bier Keller with terrace. See More
The Raeburn Edinburgh 10 rooms from CA$211City Style - Smart rooms boast Egyptian cotton bed linen and rooms with either rainshower or rolltop bath tubsLocal exploring - Stockbridge is a great base for exploring the city, as long as you don't mind the hills!Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from the Edinburgh Botanics, or 15 mins up the hill to Princes StreetFull of character
Le Monde Edinburgh (New Town) 18 rooms from CA$219Great walks - Take a walk up Arthur's SeatSights nearby - Edinburgh CastleHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
The Kimpton Charlotte Square Edinburgh 199 rooms from CA$219City Style - A centrally located hotel that has perfectly brought a traditional building into the 21st-century.Sights nearby - The majestic Edinburgh Castle and its breathtaking views are a must-see. Ideally located for all the city highlightsSpa - Offering a wide range of massages, body treatments and facials.Swimming Pool - Indoor swimming pool
A luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city. Beautifully renovated rooms keep the traditional style yet a splash of contemporary flare has been added. The two restaurants are equally stylish and the bar produces some top-notch cocktails. The service is slick and the positioning perfect. See More
Black Ivy Edinburgh 22 rooms from CA$228City Style - A smart boutique hotel who claim (and achieve) "luxury for all, from breakfast ’til bedtime".Sights nearby - A trip to Edinburgh wouldn't be complete without visiting the impressive castle.Great walks - Climb to the top of Holyrood Park known as Arthur's Seat.Full of character
A chic boutique hotel in the leafy neighbourhood of Bruntsfield. Quirkily designed rooms feature boldly coloured headboards, large sash windows, crisp white linen and luxurious bathrooms. A lively bar serves up superlative cocktails and the restaurant uses local produce to great effect. See More
The Rutland Hotel Edinburgh 12 rooms from CA$228Lively - Hip and happening.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.BoutiqueRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
23 Mayfield Edinburgh 7 rooms from CA$228City Style - Walkable or short bus to the city's highlights; return to sit by the fireplace and enjoy romantic ambienceSights nearby - Edinburgh castle and King Arthur's seatRomantic - Good for couples.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Six Brunton Place Edinburgh 4 rooms from CA$234Romantic Break - With luxurious rooms, Egyptian cotton bedlinen, and views over Royal Terrace Gardens- it's perfect for a romantic city break.Local exploring - Just east of the city centre, with easy access to the sights, yet sitting on a peaceful street slightly out of the action.Minimum Stay - Two nights minimum staySights nearby - Fifteen minutes walk from the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle.
A superb bed and breakfast that captures all the splendour of Edinburgh's Edwardian history. The plush rooms are elegantly appointed with tasteful furnishings and charming artwork. It serves as a great launchpad for exploring Edinburgh's main attractions. A city centre gem. See More
Chester Residence Edinburgh 19 rooms from CA$236Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Edinburgh Castle.
The Inn on the Mile Edinburgh 9 rooms from CA$246Sights nearby - Within five minutes walk of Edinburgh Castle and St Giles Cathedral.Great walks - Take a walk up the nearby picturesque Arthur's Seat.Landmark - Situated on Edinburgh's historic Royal Mile.
24 Royal Terrace Edinburgh 15 rooms from CA$253City Style - Stylish accommodation in the heart of the citySights nearby - Within twenty minutes walk of Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile.Lively - Hip and happening.
Centrally located, 24 Royal Terrace is a home away from home for connoisseurs of contemporary art and stylish design. Home to a popular bar, serving carefully chosen single malts this is a top-drawer stay. Sumptuous rooms, decorated in a classic style feature all the mod-cons. A winning stay. See More
The Edinburgh Grand Edinburgh 50 rooms from CA$258City Style - One of the more sophisticated luxury hotels in central Edinburgh, ideal for exploring the hotspots, shops and sights in styleRomantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Stay in the lap of luxury at this central hotel in a former bank. Elegant interiors feature chequered marble floors, a boldly designed staircase and plush furnishings, with a variety of sophisticated design-led apartment suites. The grand fine-dining restaurant and club-style bar seal the deal. See More
Market Street Hotel Edinburgh 98 rooms from CA$324Local exploring - Set just on the edge of Edinburgh's old town you will find many of the main attractions within walking distanceCity Style - Expect modern design with traditional services, such as a champagne bar and afternoon teaRestrictions on children - This is more of an adult environment, enquire with the property directly for policiesSights nearby - Edinburgh Castle and the famous Royal Mile are both within walking distance
Just a block from the bustle of the Royal Mile, the Market Street Hotel is a hip, modern enclave on the edge of Edinburgh's Old Town. Rooms are a heady mix of chic Scandi-style with charming Scottish touches. Offering a champagne bar and easy city access, this is a bit of a no brainer! See More
The Scotsman Hotel Edinburgh 59 rooms from CA$329Great walks - Calton Hill, is just a short stroll from the hotel, enjoy 360 views of the city at the city's UNESCO World Heritage Site.Sights nearby - Overlooking Edinburgh Castle.Views - Good city views.Full of characterRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
The Balmoral Edinburgh 168 rooms from CA$351Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Edinburgh Castle and the Scottish National Portrait Gallery.Great walks - Walk to the summit of Calton Hill and enjoy the panoramic views.Views - Wonderful city views towards Arthurs Seat.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Quietly confident, stylish, sophisticated and efficient.THE place to stay in Edinburgh. Part of Rocco Forte Collection and boasting a Michelin starred restaurant, comprehensive spa and over 150 bedrooms. The old railway hotel transformed into a grande dame. True indulgence. See More
Tigerlily Edinburgh 33 rooms from CA$371City Style - A bold boutique hotel full of glitz and glamour, with an excellent cocktail bar and access to a connecting nightclub.Sights nearby - The impressive Edinburgh castle is in close proximity.Lively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Prestonfield Edinburgh (Priestfield Road) 23 rooms from CA$425Romantic Break - This hotel oozes glammour, romance and seduction, with its wildly opulent canopied beds, rich fabrics and roaring fires.Local exploring - The best of both worlds- set in 20 acres of spectacular parklands, yet within spitting distance of Edinburgh.Great walks - Don't forget your welly boots, there are 20 acres of parkland to explore.Restrictions on children - Adults onlyRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
Opulent extravagance at the Prestonfield just 5 mins from the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. Come for attentive service, divine bedrooms and spoiling galore. Fine dining is served in an ultra romantic setting. The concierge have a 'nothing's too much' attitude. Best for a truly indulgent stay. See More
Fingal Edinburgh (Leith) 23 rooms from CA$506City Style - Set in the hip Leith area, with numerous high-end eateries and bars within walking distance, this is a luxurious and unique stayGroups - The magnificent ballroom is a unique and luxurious space for an event; hosting up to 60 peopleGreat walks - Take a scenic stroll along the Water of Leiths riverSights nearby - Compare boat notes at the Royal Yacht Britannia
A retired lighthouse tender, now turned luxury hotel, anchored in the hip area of Leith. Cabins range from classic doubles to decadent suites. The design is luxurious with brass fittings, leather, and rich hues. A glamorous ballroom is ideal for a party and there's a fabulous little restaurant too. See More
The Witchery by the Castle Edinburgh (Royal Mile) 9 rooms from CA$615Foodies - Serving Scottish beef, lamb, game, the Witchery's famous steak tartare, briny-fresh seafood platters and even some haggis.Romantic Break - The glamourous, plush yet cosy interiors with love seats, four poster beds, and plenty of candles are perfect for couplesSights nearby - In the heart of the Old Town on Edinburgh's famous Royal MileFull of character - Theatrical red & gold, velveted roomsRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide