Search the best hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk's horizon is almost magically flat and endless, as the land, laced with inland waterways, becomes the marshes and the dunes and then the sea. And this wonderfully green landscape is dotted with ancient chutes, castle and charming seaside towns. Beautiful and peaceful, Norfolk is a proper all ages holiday destination. Our pick of the best places to stay in Norfolk is mainly concentrated around the beautiful north coast. But there are a couple of choices for those who might prefer the bright lights of Norwich, rather than the genteel market towns of Holt or Burnham Market.
There's plenty to do in Norfolk, from taking solitary walks along beautiful great swathes of sandy beach - empty if you pick the right time of year, to going crabbing off piers in charming coastal villages. To sailing, or cycling, or eating Cromer crabs in picturesque seaside surrounds. Inland, the rolling countryside is crisscrossed by footpaths and dotted with woods and unspoilt flint villages. There are walks everywhere, from gentle rambles to serious hikes. Even the serious hikes don’t involve too many hills in this flattest of counties. Popular walks include the Roman Peddars Way and the North Norfolk Coast Path.
Bird watching is another big pull here with nature reserves galore to satisfy even the pickiest of twitchers, and the sailing and boating go without saying, what with the beautiful coastline and the perfect peace of the Norfolk Broads.
If you prefer to be town/city based, there are lots on offer in both Norwich and King's Lynn. Norwich has plenty of history (from its majestic cathedral to its Norman Castle) plus good access to the Norfolk broads; King's Lynn is a charming market town filled with merchants' houses and winding streets.
This county is an increasingly popular destination, so if you want to bag one of the best places to stay in Norfolk, you'll need to plan ahead. Or else avoid school holidays, when it's virtually impossible to find anything! Or else come off season when you can feel like you've almost got the place to yourself.
Some of Our Norfolk Collections:
- 7 of Norfolk's Most Romantic Hotels
- 12 of The Best Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast
- 16 of The Best Pubs with Rooms In Norfolk
- 3 of the Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Norfolk
- The Best Places to Stay in Norwich
- The Best Places to Stay in King's Lynn
- Country house hotels in Norfolk
- Luxury hotels in Norfolk
- Hotels with sea views in Norfolk
- Best bed and breakfasts in Norfolk
- Boutique hotels in Norfolk
- Best Norfolk beach hotels
- Unusual places to stay in Norfolk
- Family hotels in Norfolk
- Dog friendly accommodation in Norfolk
The Best Places to Stay in Norfolk
For a seaside jaunt
Here's a couple of ideas to start you off, but we've also got a complete list of the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast.
- The White Horse at Branscombe occupies one of the best locations on the north Norfolk coastline. Directly overlooking the waterfront, it has panoramic views of tidal marshes and endless sandy beaches. The nautical themed bedrooms don’t let the side down either, and the food is great.
- The Blakeney Hotel overlooks Blakeney's small harbour and marshlands, so some of the 60 traditional rooms have amazing views, as does the guest tea room and the pool and gym.
- The Victoria Inn is the perfect spot for a family holiday. Situated within walking distance of Holkham beach and just beside Holkham Estate it offers activities for everyone. Plus when you get back from a day's exploring the buzzy restaurant serves great food.
For a city stay
- The Bank House in King’s Lynn was, as its name suggests, once a bank and before that a rich merchant lived there. Its new incarnation offers stylish interiors where old and new blend seamlessly together. The brasserie too comes highly recommended.
- In the county’s main town of Norwich you’ll find 38 St Giles. This small B&B is perfectly located in the heart of the town’s boutiquey shopping area and is just a stone’s throw from the Theatre Royal, Maddermarket and the Forum.
Norfolk's best B&Bs
- Cley Windmill, overlooking the marshes of Cley and a pretty, shingle beach, is a nine room windmill B&B with panoramic views, great birdwatching and plenty of peace!
- The Dial House, in the quiet market town of Reepham, is a charming B&B with eight individually styled rooms oozing old world glamour and plenty of character. Perfect for afternoon tea and wholesome dinners too.
- Magazine Wood is a friendly, three room B&B in Hunstanton, within a short walk of the dramatic north Norfolk coast. They arrange can hot food to order, though you’re surrounded by renowned restaurants. Great for relaxing,
- The Old Town Hall House is in the small village of Cley-Next-To-Sea, and offers four boutique rooms with colourful wallpapers and impressive views. They do meals several nights a week to acclaim.
For a Pub with rooms
Increasingly we find that people prefer the low-key ambience of a pub with rooms, rather than the stiff aura that still pervades some country house hotels. Here's a few suggestions for you, but we also have a list of 16 of the Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk.
- The Wiveton Bell offers great value accommodation in a superb coastal location. There are six chic rooms and an excellent restaurant serving modern British fare.
- Guests at the Dabbling Duck get charming, characterful rooms and an excellent restaurant which specialises in game. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and great for birdwatchers.
- The Chequers Inn is a 16th century charmer in the village of Thornham, close to the north coast and within the Holme Dunes National Park. The decor is chic in whites and greys and their restaurant has a one Rosette rating.
- The Gunton Arms is a lavishly restored country inn on a 1000 acre country estate. There are just eight rooms, but the restaurant is popular with the locals so it can be lively. Views are across the old deer park.
- Although The Harper is happy enough to accept children, we think that it's more suitable as a stylish couples' retreat. The rooms have been beautifully done with luxurious accessories (think award-winning Caspar mattresses, complimentary smellies, Netflix and Nespresso machines) and the bathrooms boast big monsoon showers. Plus there's a pampering spa (no under 16s allowed) and an excellent restaurant serving modern British cuisine.
- Byfords, in Holt, close to Cromer, occupies the town’s oldest building, a former ironmongers, and promises a charming and romantic Olde Worlde country stay. Rooms are traditional, through very comfortable and containing all the mod. cons., including underfloor heating in the bathrooms and Bang & Olufsen speakers. And there’s a great restaurant.
- Strattons Hotel in the charming market town of Swaffham - known for its regular antiques market - is an elegant, ten room boutique hotel with a popular restaurant highly recommended for its afternoon teas and award-winning English cooking. Perfect for a weekend hideaway for two!
For a boutique
- Titchwell Manor is a boutique-style hotel with 27, individually designed rooms offering stunning views and traditional touches: think flagstone floors and chintz wallpaper. This is a wonderful rural setting with a conservatory restaurant serving modern European cuisine.
- Morston Hall is a renowned gastro-hotel in a country house hotel setting. The decor is traditional and you’re in a picturesque coastal village close to the coastal path and several beautiful stately homes.
- Foodies will be familiar with Morston Hall, a 13 room country house hotel in the small coastal village of Morston. Its restaurant has a Michelin star and 3 AA Rosettes, plus it offers cooking demonstrations and courses. You're also close to plenty of the region's most beautiful stately homes, and the coastal path.
For the Norfolk Broads
- Norfolk Mead near Norwich is a charming country house hotel right in amongst the waterways. The 13 rooms are smart and individually decorated and there's lovely grounds and a lake. The food is excellent and there's a hotel boat.
- The Old Rectory was a Georgian rectory but is now a family-run getaway with eight lovely rooms and a quiet outdoor pool.
For outdoor break
- Briarfields is a 22 room hotel overlooking the Titchwell marshes with a popular restaurant and a welcoming atmosphere that extends to families and dogs. Close to the Coastal Walk and great for birdwatchers.
For Great Value
- The Bedingfeld Arms in Oxborough is a cosy countryside inn with nine recently renovated rooms decorated with classic wooden furniture and traditional fabrics. The pub is authentic and the restaurant is good. It's dog-friendly and rooms start from around £70 per night.
- The Fritton Arms in Fritton, just above Lowestoft, is a fabulous 15th century property with nine bright and beautiful bedrooms, a welcoming sitting room with a log fire and a gourmet restaurant. Rooms start from around £80 a night.
Prefer a holiday cottage or apartment?
- We have a wide range from luxury hotels, to pubs with rooms to chic B&Bs, but if you want a holiday cottage or apartment we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Norwich International Airport is just four miles out of the centre of town, and from here you’re easily connected to the rest of the world via Amsterdam or London, but also Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Guernsey, Jersey and Manchester. You can also travel via ferry from Amsterdam or Rotterdam to Harwich, or catch the train up from London via Liverpool Street Station.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in Norfolk and want to see some of the countryside - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- July and August are Norfolk’s warmest months, with temperatures between 12 and 23°C. October and November have the most rain.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk,
- refine your search to the best places to stay in King's Lynn or Norwich?
- or the best hotels on the North Norfolk Coast?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Norfolk
The Gunton Arms Thorpe Market, Norfolk 8 rooms from CA$160Views - Views of the deer parkRestaurant - Recommended.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
The Harper North Norfolk 32 rooms from CA$295Spa - With indoor pool, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi, plus MASAJ therapists to tease out your strains.Hideaway - Not far from Norfolk's big beachesGreat walks - Beautiful beaches nearbySwimming Pool - Stone-clad pool
Bedingfeld Arms Oxborough, Norfolk 9 rooms from CA$116Foodies - Locally sourced meats and a private vegetable garden provide the ingredients for hearty, healthy and traditional fareHideaway - Withdraw and unwind in the heart of rural Norfolk, miles away from the demanding buzz of modern life.Families - Some rooms adjoin and the connecting doors can be opened, which is ideal for families with children.Country Escape - A more gentle pace of life - crisp early-morning woodland walks await at the Bedingfield Arms.
Cosy countryside inn offering comfort and tranquillity. Recently renovated rooms are inviting with classic wooden furniture, traditional fabrics and carefully considered colour schemes. The heart of the inn is its authentic pub restaurant and bar space with fireplace and armchairs. Dog-friendly. See More
Chalk & Cheese North Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$118Local exploring - A characterful and classically British base to explore the pretty Norfolk coast from.Great walks - Find picturesque walking trails starting from nearby the property.Quirky - An experience!Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming Victorian schoolhouse turned B&B, plus self catering cottage and lodges, set on a pretty village green near the Norfolk coast. Brimming with character throughout the rooms are a mix of chintz fabrics, antiques and traditional artwork. Expect hearty breakfasts and superb walking country. See More
The Wiveton Bell Holt, Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$126Country Escape - A quaint pub near the coastal salt marshes, eat traditional hearty cuisine and go for long walks. A rural haven.Value chic - A great value stay in the Great British countrysideGreat walks - Gorgeous coastal walks along picturesque beaches and across the salt marshes.Sailing - A number of sailing clubs to choose from in the area.
A traditional country inn boasting an enviable coastal location. Chic rooms mix contemporary style with classical charm; think soft hues, antique style furniture and the odd exposed beam against a smart white finish. An excellent restaurant serves up a modern British fare. A stunning rural escape. See More
Manor House Farm King's Lynn, Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$143Garden - Set in 4 acres of wonderful, beautifully maintained gardens.Sights nearby - Fifteen minutes drive from the historic Houghton Hall, with its lovely gardens and superb collection of contemporary art.Great walks - The nearby coastline is dotted with lovely beaches and excellent walking trails.Local markets - Take a trip to nearby Burnham Market.
The Brisley Bell North Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$148Country Escape - Set in a charming spot with cosy interiors and exceptional rural views, lovely walks. Dogs welcome.Foodies - Serving classic British dishes with contemporary touches. Well acclaimedLocal exploringSights nearby - Galleries and stately homes aplenty in the surrounding area including Blickling Hall and Houghton
The Ship Hotel North Norfolk 9 rooms from CA$152Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring north-west Norfolk's stately homes and picturesque coastline.Birdwatching - Just down the road is the RSPB Titchwell Marsh home to numerous migratory birds.Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon visiting the nearby Holkham Hall and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Take long walks along the secenic coastline.
A charming village pub ideally located to explore this north-western part of Norfolk. The rooms, following a refurbishment, have a fresh feel with soft hues, well placed pieces of art, crisp white linen and beamed ceilings. The bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare. See More
Church Farm House King's Lynn, Norfolk 3 rooms from CA$152Local exploring - A great base from which to explore Sandringham and North Norfolk.Sights nearby - Two miles from the historic Houghton Hall.
Goldings King's Lynn (North Norfolk) 6 rooms from CA$153Local exploring - With its prime location in the centre of town, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in and around NorfolkFamilies - With larger suites available that can accommodate children, this pub with rooms is a great option for familiesCountry Escape - Located in a traditional country pub, this hotel makes for an authentic rural retreatLocal markets - Wander around Lynn's bustling markets held on Tuesday's and Saturday's at the Market Place
This charming historic pub with rooms in Norfolk. Chic guestrooms feature plush linens, sink-into carpets and contemporary furniture; book the Rush Suite for heritage features and family-sized living space. Unwind in the cosy pub after a long walk; an inviting country escape. See More
The Boathouse Norfolk East Coast Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$136Country Escape - This is a great spot for a rural escape, with a national park as well as the beautiful Norfolk coast within easy distanceFoodies - Foodies will love the pub's gastro dining experience, offering contemporary British dishes in a cosy atmosphereFamilies - The self-catering lodges are great for families travelling with childrenGreat walks - Bask in the picturesque Norfolk coastline on a long walk; your hosts will be happy to give you pointers on pretty routes
This charming renovated pub with rooms sits on the waterside in Norfolk. Simple interiors combine contemporary design with rustic touches, from pine fittings to exposed beams; book a luxury lodge for separate living space and self-catering facilities. Dine in the gastropub; a cosy rural getaway. See More
Black Lion Hotel Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$160Country Escape - A quaint small Inn in a pretty historic village; think good ale, roaring fires and long walks.Sights nearby - Visit the Marian shrine and its ancient abbey within Little Walsingham itself.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.Traditional
A beautifully refurbished inn set in a historical village. Six individually styled rooms keep their original period features, the walls are white-washed and there are just a few carefully placed artefacts. A fantastic restaurant serves British classics using the finest local produce. See More
The White Horse Blakeney Norfolk 9 rooms from CA$167Total relaxation - Unwind in this coastal property with well appointed rooms, a cosy bar and exemplary restaurant in a quiet corner of Norfolk.Sights nearby - Visit the Halls at Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham House..Sailing - Sail from Blakeley Point and spot the local seals.Great walks - Bring your boots and set out on a coastal walk.
A contemporary pub situated in the pretty coastal village of Blakeley. Chic rooms are bright and airy with white-washed walls, crisp white linen, exposed beams and monochrome soft furnishings. Dine in the laid-back restaurant serving innovative British fare. A charming stay. See More
The Crown Hotel Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 17 rooms from CA$169Local exploring - Located in a lively beachside town ideally placed for accessing Norfolk's coastline and main sites.Sights nearby - The county is host to a number of stately homes including Sandringham Estate, Sheringham Park and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Embark on long walks along some of the 43 miles of coastline Norfolk has to offer.Sailing - Take a seal spotting trip to Blakeney Harbour.
Holly Lodge Norfolk 6 rooms from CA$169Country Escape - A quintessentially British stay. Pretty cottages, friendly service and scenic gardens.Sailing - For sailing lessons head to the schools in Blakeney and Brancaster.Great walks - Take a hotel map and explore the picturesque Norfolk Coastal PathBirdwatching - Norfolk has an ever-changing range of migrant and wading birds.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Dabbling Duck Great Massingham, Norfolk 9 rooms from CA$169Local exploring - Ideal for exploring the surrounding Norfolk countryside, with dogs welcome and special dog menus.Birdwatching - Twitchers will be pleased to hear there is great birdwatching at the Titchwell Nature Reserve.Sights nearby - Visit the Queen's christmas retreat, Sandringham Estate.Great walks - The Pensthorpe Nature Reserve has great woodland walks.Recommended by - Sawdays
Troon Cottage Hunstanton, Norfolk 4 rooms from CA$177Local exploring - Ideally situated to explore all Norfolk has to offer.Sights nearby - Visit the country estates of Sandringham, Holkham and Houghton.Great walks - Embark on long coastal walks starting from the town itself.Birdwatching - The north Norfolk coast is world famous for bird watching.Recommended by - Sawdays
A delightful Edwardian townhouse in the historic town of Hunstanton. Traditionally dressed rooms are utterly charming with antiques, chandeliers and chintz fabrics. The bathrooms, however, are a more modern affair. Available half the year for self-catering, it's the ideal spot for a family holiday. See More
Magazine Wood Hunstanton, Norfolk 3 rooms from CA$177Great walks - Wonderful walks both coastal and inland for all abilities. Magazine Wood has direct access to the Peddars Way.Sights nearby - There are plenty of galleries and stately homes to visit for culture vulturesLocal markets - There are a wide range of farmers' markets to be discovered.Birdwatching - The North Norfolk coast is renowned for its bird life
Intimate, friendly B&B set within walking distance of the dramatic Norfolk coast. The B&B emphasises privacy and relaxation, with well-equipped en-suite bathrooms and the provisions for making your own breakfast as standard. Hot food also made to order, and it is surrounded by renowned restaurants. See More
Norfolk Courtyard Norfolk 4 rooms from CA$177Country Escape - A luxurious rural base surrounded by some serious natural beauty.Birdwatching - Described as the ‘bird watching capital of Britain’ with many major nature reserves including nearby Pensthorpe and Titchwell.Sights nearby - Visit Castle Acre one of the largest and best preserved monastic sites in England.Full of character
A charming B&B boasting a secluded spot in the beautiful Norfolk countryside. Individually styled rooms are light and airy with a contemporary British country house feel. Indulgent breakfasts are served in a converted barn. A delightful respite after a day spent exploring outdoors. See More
The Lifeboat Inn Thornham, Norfolk 13 rooms from CA$177Country Escape - The ideal rural escape: fire lit lounges, cosy bedrooms, coastal walks and fabulous food.Sights nearby - Visit the houses, gardens and museums of grand stately homes such as Sandringham Estate and Holkham Hall.Birdwatching - North Norfolk is the UK's birdwatching capital and just over a mile from Thornham is RSPB Titchwell.Great walks - Discover the coastline, forests, parks and gardens of Norfolk.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. Downstairs find a warm fire lit lounge, buzzing bar and exemplary restaurant. See More
The Chequers Inn Hunstanton, Norfolk 11 rooms from CA$182Local exploring - Explore historic Thornham and head off hiking around the areaFoodies - Enjoy absolutely divine dishes from the restaurantGreat walks - Thornham is situated in the midst of the beautiful Holme Dunes National Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning Sandringham House Museum & Grounds, 15 km awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Set in a 16th-century building, The Chequers Inn is located in the village of Thornham. Combines original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature. Features a one Rosette restaurant! A charming stay. See More
Old Town Hall House Norfolk 4 rooms from CA$185Country Escape - Old Town Hall House enjoys a wonderfully serene location that will help you feel a million miles away from all your troubles.Romantic Break - A quiet atmosphere, great food and long walks on the beach make this a top spot for romantic getawaysFoodies - Absolutely scrumptous two-course dinners served up on Wednesday and Sunday eveningsSights nearby - Visit the 14th century St Margaret’s Church of Cley, a wonderful example of medieval architectureRecommended by - CN Traveller
Old Town Hall House is situated in the small village of Cley next the Sea. This AA 5* property offers four boutique rooms featuring colourful wallpapers and boasting impressive views of the surrounding area. Be sure to join in with the three-course Friday Night Supper Club in the restaurant! See More
The Kings Head Holt (North Norfolk) 4 rooms from CA$185Country Escape - Expect fantastic food, warm service, open fireplaces and excellent walking country.Great walks - Take long walks along Blakeney beach and through the National Nature Reserve.Sailing - Take a boat from Morston Quay to spot Norfolk's seals.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Holkham Hall Estate.
A charming country inn with beautifully styled interiors and impeccable pub fare. Four elegantly styled rooms are traditional yet unfussy, with well placed art, crisp white linen and soft pastel hues; dog-friendly, too. The restaurant uses mainly local produce and there's a great ale selection too. See More
Briarfields Norfolk 22 rooms from CA$185Back to Nature - Overlooking the Titchwell salt marshes there is an abundance of bird and wildlifeGreat walks - The The Coastal Walk stretches from Hunstanton to CromerSailing - Beans Boats Trips offers seal and porpoise spottingSights nearby - The royal Sandringham Estate is well worth a visit
The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk 62 rooms from CA$185Beach nearby - Only 2 miles from award winning sandy beachesRestaurant - 2 AA RosettesSpa - Beauty spa in the Courtyard wing offering Clarins or Gatineau treatments plus a six person hot tub and relaxation area.Great walks - Explore the North Norfolk coastline.Recommended by - Sawdays, Mr & Mrs Smith
Carricks at Castle Farm Dereham, Norfolk 7 rooms from CA$185Active Holiday - Fishing, cycling, farm walks and bird watching are all possible here.Local exploring - Located close to Dereham, Norwich and the Norfolk BroadsSights nearby - Blickling Hall, a 17th C ancestral home and grounds is worth a visitBirdwatching - Norfolk is a word renowned bird watching area.
Located on the tranquil banks of the River Wensum this B&B offers traditional yet luxurious bedrooms that are full of character. Carricks is perfect for those wishing to walk, cycle, fish or slow down in an untouched corner of the countryside. Ideal for rest and relaxation. See More
Bank House King's Lynn, Norfolk 11 rooms from CA$194Local exploring - Overlooking King’s Staithe Square and the quay it's ideally placed to explore this pretty Georgian town.Birdwatching - The RSPB reserves of Snettisham and Titchwell are just a short drive away, as are the North Coast beaches.Great walks - Jump on the ferry across the Ouse to get to the Peter Scott Walk around the edge of The Wash.Local markets - Check out Kings Lynn town centre with plenty of artisan shops and boutique stores.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A friendly well-run hotel in a Georgian townhouse. Rooms have fresh contemporary interiors yet still with an air of tradition seen in the pleasingly uneven walls and beamed ceilings. The brasserie has a well deserved local following. Excellently placed for both business and local exploring. See More
The Grove Norfolk 19 rooms from CA$202Local exploring - Perfecty located to explore the best of Norfolk's sites.Great walks - Take long walks along the beautiful coastline.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A family run hotel that's been passed down through three generations. Boasting a secluded setting within mature gardens, an indoor pool and massage hut this is a place to come and unwind. As suitable for children as is for a romantic weekend away. It has a fantastic British restaurant too. See More
The White Horse Brancaster Staithe, Norfolk 15 rooms from CA$219Foodies - Famed for its menu, specialising in seafoodCountry Escape - Classic British coastal stayFishing - 'Norfolk Fishing Trips & Exploring the tidal creeks and Scolt Head IslandGreat walks - Norfolk Coastal path runs along the bottom of the gardenRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
A lively inn with panoramic views overlooking Brancaster estuary. Popular with families and sailors. An ideal weekend getaway spot with direct access to the coastal path. Chic, modern suites are decorated in nautical palettes. The theme continues to the menu where fresh seafood dishes are served. See More
38 St Giles Norwich, Norfolk 8 rooms from CA$219Designer Shopping - In the heart of the shopping districtSights nearby - Close to the Theatre Royal, Maddermarket and the ForumLocal markets - Norwich market on the doorstepRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Norfolk Mead Norwich, Norfolk 13 rooms from 130Garden - Well-kept pretty garden with lake and wildfowl. The 12 acres extend to bank of the River BureSights nearby - minute drive away or visit the Sandringham Estate and its beautiful groundsFishing - There is a fishing lake in the grounds and off-river mooringGreat walks - There are over 300km of footpaths around the Norfolk BroadsRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Charming country house hotel in Norfolk Broads with its own boat for exploring the waterways. Lovely grounds and lake. Smart individually decorated bedrooms. Sumptuous breakfast, Sunday lunch, proper afternoons teas and hampers provided. Perfect for short breaks, weddings or business conferences. See More
The Old Rectory, Norfolk Norwich, Norfolk 8 rooms from CA$219Great walks - Plenty of maps and routes available plus picnics to take with you!Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool only for Summer MonthsBirdwatching - Nature reserves nearbyTraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Fritton Arms Fritton, Norfolk 9 rooms from CA$219Sights nearby - Somerleyton HallDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Great walks - Good for walkers.Full of character
Having undergone a most fabulous of facelifts this 15th century property has a new lease of life. Bright and beautifully upholstered furnishings create an artsy vibe in airy bedrooms. There is a sitting room with log fire for guests to enjoy, bar, garden and gourmet restaurant. Pets are welcome too! See More
Congham Hall Norfolk 26 rooms from CA$228Total relaxation - A tranquil country house set in beautifully manicured gardens and boasting a fantastic spa.Spa - The Secret Garden Spa offers signature herbal treatments, plus there's a thermal suite, experience showers & outdoor hot tubBirdwatching - Norfolk is known to be the bird watching capital of Britain and there are numerous nature reserves to visitSights nearby - Visit the nearby Sandringham Estate, one of the Queen's favourite rural estates.
An elegant rural property set in a beautiful part of Norfolk. Chic rooms are individually styled and boast sink-into beds and egyptian cotton sheets. An indulgent spa and award winning restaurant make this the perfect place to return to after a day exploring the countryside. See More
The Assembly House Norwich (Central Norfolk) 11 rooms from CA$236Sights nearby - Go visit Norwich Cathedral or take a tour of Carrow Road, home of Norwich City FCGreat walks - Wander around the city getting a feel for the place or head along to the coastTraditional
The Assembly House is set in an historic Georgian building in the heart of Norwich. The individually designed rooms are utterly delightful - spacious, tastefully furnished and with lovely marble bathrooms. Scrumptious dinners or treat yourself to afternoon tea. A simply wonderful stay. See More
The Globe Inn WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA, Norfolk 7 rooms from CA$236Country Escape - Discover the sandy beaches, beautiful walking country of Norfolk and come back to superb hearty food.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails in and around Wells.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
A chic inn boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with brightly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and modern bathrooms. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too. See More
Strattons Hotel Swaffham, Norfolk 10 rooms from CA$236Value chic - An eclectic mix of kitsch and contemporary and antiques and fabric-festooned decadence, all for a reasonalble price tag.Romantic Break - Charming rooms with fourposter beds, free tanding baths, open fires and indulgent room service.Restaurant - Award winning English cooking using fresh, local and organic produce.Local markets - A real highlight is the bargain hunting anituques market in Swaffham every Saturdays.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Titchwell Manor Kings Lynn, Norfolk 27 rooms from CA$244Private Hot Tub - There are two rooms whose private patios offer a luxurious wooden outdoor hot tub.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode. See More
Byfords Holt, Norfolk 16 rooms from CA$261Sights nearby - The famous stately home of Sheringham Park is just a short drive away.Great walks - Peddars Way and the Norfolk Coast Path are popular amongst ramblers.Sailing - Take a boat out in search for whales, seals, dolphins and porpoises.Local markets - Visit Holt's Farmer's Market, held every Saturday.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Holt's oldest building, a former ironmongers, this hotel promises an Olde World country stay. Rooms are decorated in a traditional style with sumptuous beds, soft throws and Bang & Olufsen sound systems. Bathrooms have underfloor heating. A bustling deli and café attracts locals and toasts alike. See More
Cley Windmill Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk 9 rooms from CA$268Birdwatching - For keen ornithologist NWT Cley Marshes Nature Reserve is a wonderful area for spotting all manner of birds.Views - Panoramic views over the salt marshesLocal markets - Just South of the mill are small shops, selling pottery, smoked fish and secondhand books.Fishing - Saltwater Fly Fishing is available nearby, ask the friendly staff for further details.Recommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Victoria Inn Holkham, Norfolk 20 rooms from CA$278Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant. See More
The Dial House Reepham, Norfolk 8 rooms from CA$295Foodies - The on site restaurant has gained a reputation for its excellent afternoon tea, and wholesome dinners.Romantic Break - The decadent and indulgent suites and rooms offer the ultimate romantic getaway from another era.Local markets - Explore the sleepy market town of Reepham.Full of character
A charming restaurant with room in Reepham. The individually styled rooms ooze old world glamour with their Grand Tour themed decor and quirky characterful furnishings. The on site restaurant has made a name for itself as THE spot in Norfolk for fabulous dinners and afternoon tea. Unique. See More
The Blakeney Hotel Blakeney, Norfolk 64 rooms from CA$384Back to Nature - Set by the spectacular estuary and salt marshes of Blakeney Point, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Families - Plenty for the children including indoor pool, games room, board games, extensive walking and kiddies menu.Birdwatching - There are telescopes in the lounge to help you spot the numerous breeds of bird across the estuary and marshland.Sights nearby - There are a number of nearby halls including Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Recently refurbished yet traditional hotel overlooking Blakeney's small harbour. Spacious country-style rooms with wooden beams, large sash windows & many with sea views. Classic food is served in the restaurant. Plenty of in-house entertainment including an indoor pool. Ideal for families. See More
Morston Hall Morston, Norfolk 13 rooms from CA$540Foodies - Morston Hall's restaurant holds a Michelin star and 4 AA Rosettes!Cooking classes - Half day cookery demonstrations and three day residential courses available.Sights nearby - Close to plenty of East Anglia's stately homes.Great walks - Walk the coastal path